PDA

View Full Version : [GDT] Flames vs Canucks - 8:00 - HNiC

HalifaxDrunk
02-09-2013, 05:44 AM
We are getting hammered by a blizzard and my power is out right now so I'm posting this on my phone.

Power better be back by game time!

Go Flames!

Tsawwassen
02-09-2013, 05:56 AM
That's dedication doing it on the phone.:#1: :beer:
For USA Viewers
Indemand - Game 2 SD Game HD2
Directv - 769 769-1 HD
Dish - 890 SD 9546 HD

Sirius Radio-- Siri 207 (Internet 925)
XM Radio-- XM Internet 925

IgiTang
02-09-2013, 07:13 AM
We are getting hammered by a blizzard and my power is out right now so I'm posting this on my phone.

Power better be back by game time!

Go Flames!

Im at CFB Halifax Stadacona right now and our Power is good so far. Hopefully yours gets back on soon.

Goin to Mooseheads Vs Acadie-Bathurst game tonight then staying up until til 3am to watch the Flames dismantle the Canucks in its entirety!

Mooseheads 6-2, Flames 6-5

jlh2640
02-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Canucks 5 Flames 2

I expect this to be a game where we get beat up. Just have a feeling. I really liked the lineup when we had Backlund, Cammy and Kipper healthy. Cammy and Kipper will be back shortly however I think the injury to Backlund is going to be devestating (prove me wrong Street !)

http://redmileblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Canucks_Flames_Hockey.jpg

http://www.faceoff.com/6140163.bin

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/jimhughson/canucks-flames-584.jpg

http://2.cdn.nhle.com/flames/images/upload/2011/04/102978517TL003_Vancouver_Ca325.jpg

http://postmediaprovince.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/schneiderpulled.jpg

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/747/migration_catalog/article951540.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/iggy.jpg
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Pwk2LflUI5k/mqdefault.jpg

HalifaxDrunk
02-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Im at CFB Halifax Stadacona right now and our Power is good so far. Hopefully yours gets back on soon.

Goin to Mooseheads Vs Acadie-Bathurst game tonight then staying up until til 3am to watch the Flames dismantle the Canucks in its entirety!

Mooseheads 6-2, Flames 6-5

It's back on now. Hopefully it stays that way. I learned to swim in the Stad pool, my Dad is retired Navy.

Yoho
02-09-2013, 07:45 AM
My only expectation is a hard working effort out of the depleted Flames, against a very good Canucks team. 4-1 Canucks. :(

Savvy27
02-09-2013, 08:14 AM
I expect a close, hard-fought game. It has already been a successful road trip, but unfortunately, the cards are stacked against the Flames tonight. I just hope that it is competitive and that the style they play continues to lead to quality hockey and plenty of scoring chances.

They also badly need to tighten up the PK. Irving will have to put up another solid performance as he did the last time he played the Canucks and the Iginla line will be leaned on more than usual.

Go Flames Go!

Vinny01
02-09-2013, 08:20 AM
I think we get smoked tonight. No Kipper, Cammy, Backs, Sven. Canucks are starting to roll if we can keep it close I will be happy if we win then I am really starting to believe on this team

IgiTang
02-09-2013, 08:21 AM
It's back on now. Hopefully it stays that way. I learned to swim in the Stad pool, my Dad is retired Navy.

Haha, just got back from the Hot-tub at Stad. Too funny.

Glad the power is back up and hopefully it stays that way. The blizzard doesn't seem as bad as everyone was saying it was gonna be.

May have to link up for a game and a couple pints before i head back to Victoria in April.

Street Pharmacist
02-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Flames start with most of the chances early until Irving lets in a soft one at the end of the first. The Canucks pot three more in the second. Flames try to make it close, but we lose 5-3 in the end

LouCypher
02-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Another big test and a win here with the missing bodies should be another confidence builder. I like Irving's chances against Vancouver, played spectacular last time I think he will do it again now that he has the first start out of the way.

MisterJoji
02-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Flames play a solid team game while depleted with injuries. Irving becomes the first goalie (not named Kiprusoff) in nearly a decade to win consecutive games for the Flames. 3-2 win, goals by Brodie, Hudler, Jones.

Mass_nerder
02-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Weird, I live across from CFB Willow Park, and I don't think my power went out.
Enjoyed shoveling a foot of snow this morning though!
Hopefully I can get home from work tonight to catch the game!
Go Flames go!

you got PHANUEFED
02-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Tonight Irving is going to get lit up like Times Square the guy's in fron are going to get out played on ever shift and Iggy is going to look like a man who should just retire already.

4-2 Flames.

kyuss275
02-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Just want the Flames to compete in this game. If they can steal a point it's a bonus.

Irving stands on his head and the flames win 2-1 in a shoot out.

You Need a Thneed
02-09-2013, 08:56 AM
1-0 flames. Danny Taylor scores the goal in relief, after the first on-the-fly goalie change in NHL history.

Flames Fan in Exile
02-09-2013, 08:59 AM
I got my tickets, will be sitting in the lower 115 section and representing but I have a dreadful feeling tonight might be painful to watch with so many bodies down. Last time Irving played really well for a win but I just think they are going to get tagged.... Which wouldn't be so bad to endure if they sold beer in something bigger than dentist Dixie cups.... 5-2 canuckleheads :(

Stormchaser
02-09-2013, 09:06 AM
The Flames are not a bad team this year and I believe that Hartley will keep the guys from taking a full night off. Tonight is going to be a great game and an opportunity for the team to step it up with all the injuries depleting our roster.

Play like we did against the Blackhawks and I say the C'sucks fold like a cheap tent sending the twins back to their shared bedroom.

Flames 5 - 3

Giordano
Stempniak
Cervenka x 2
Tanguay - empty net

Hudler with 3 assists

Twins with a bucket full of tears.

dissentowner
02-09-2013, 09:10 AM
I don't like our chances tonight given the injuries. 5-2 Nucks.

Bertuzzied
02-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Canucks destroy Irving but the good guys still come through! Flames in a Saturday nite thriller, bitchslapping the Canucks harder than a Keith Ballard trade~! 2-1 Flames!!!

Rhettzky
02-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Hopefully the commentary isn't as bad as the last HNIC. Might set up the fan feed early just in case.

Machiavelli
02-09-2013, 09:32 AM
News:

Injury blows centre's swagger (http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/hockey/calgary-flames/Injury+blows+centre+swagger/7942594/story.html)

Talk about terrible timing for a player seemingly born again this season under head coach Bob Hartley.

"Obviously, it's disappointing, said general manager Jay Feaster.

"It's disappointing for him. He's frustrated. He had such a great start.

The challenge, for Backlund, is to stay positive through yet another wave of adversity.

"It's sad," Hartley said. "Backs has been working hard. He's been very good. He's a great young man. He's a great student of the game.

"We said everyone would start with a clean slate, and he took advantage of this. He gave us some big, timely goals ... but this is the unfortunate part of this business."

Flames defenceman has made substantial impact (http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/hockey/calgary-flames/Flames+defenceman+made+substantial+impact/7942592/story.html)

"I love to watch you shoot the puck and keep shooting it," the general manager told the newest member of the Calgary defence corps. "We don't do it enough."

Wideman looked at his boss with a blank stare.

"You're kidding me," he asked. "With all these snipers here?"

Channelling the pain of long-suffering Flames fans, Feaster replied in the affirmative.

"I'm not kidding," the GM said. "In the past, our team would rather pass the puck into the goal than shoot the doggone thing into the net."

"He has that poise with the puck that kind of puts opponents to sleep," head coach Bob Hartley said Friday in the bowels of the Rogers Arena. "He makes the right decision. If he has the shot, he wants to shoot. If not, he always finds the open man.

"You cannot teach this. In hockey, we can teach lots of things. But decisions with the puck, to pick up the right guy who is open? This is very tough. I've coached very few defenceman who have the ability Dennis has."

Canucks-Flames: Inside Saturday's game (http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canucks+Flames+Inside+Game/7941060/story.html)

NOT SO SPECIAL: Yes, the Canucks are off to their best start in several seasons, but their special teams have been anything but. Vancouver’s power play has converted only 15.7 per cent of its chances and stands 22nd in the NHL. The Canucks’ penalty kill stands 20th, with an efficiency rate of 15.7 per cent and figures to be tested by a Calgary power play that is tied for sixth. The Flames’ penalty-kill has struggled and stands 28th.

HEATING UP: After an awful start, the Flames have recently been showing some signs of life. They have won two straight on the road and have played fewer games — eight — than any other NHL team. Alex Tanguay, Lee Stempniak and Curtis Glencross have four goals apiece. Mike Cammalleri, who missed Thursday’s game in Columbus with an undisclosed injury, has not yet scored.

Flames centre Backlund out a month, Street in (http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/02/08/flames-centre-backlund-out-a-month)

“But it’s still extremely exciting. You sort of think there will be all these people around to celebrate with — and it’s just a couple of people. It’s not all that glorious, but inside, it’s such an incredible feeling.

“It was just my fiance (Jessica) and I. We were eating dinner, and I heard the phone buzzing, and I was going to ignore it. But I thought, ‘I better check who that is.’ So it was just us two, looking at each other going, ‘Holy cow.’ ”

“The feeling was Streeter has earned the opportunity and let’s see what he can do,” Feaster said. “This isn’t me calling him and telling him to buy a place in Calgary. It’s truly an audition. It’s an opportunity to show that you belong here and you can contribute to the hockey club.”

malcolmk14
02-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Yep, Wideman has been the biggest addition to this team. He gives us some stability on the back end that I don't think we have had since... well... a long time ago.

4-3 Flames in a nail-biter. Iginla with a hat trick.

VANFLAMESFAN
02-09-2013, 10:14 AM
No Rick ball calling the game tonight. I believe we get Mark Lee again.

Baller said he gets a bunch in march and April.

EddyBeers
02-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Canucks destroy Irving but the good guys still come through! Flames in a Saturday nite thriller, bitchslapping the Canucks harder than a Keith Ballard trade~! 2-1 Flames!!!

How can the Flames survive Irving getting lit up for 1 goal though?

This will be a tough game for the Flames, although both teams are currently decimated by injuries up front so they are in the same boat. Flames lose 4-2 and fans are worried about Irving after the game.

Domoic
02-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Everyone stop crying about injuries

Iginla
Tanguay
Hudler
Cerevenka
Glencross
Bouwmeester
Wideman
Gio

Enough to win

We got depth

Just go and do it

Eff the excuses

kyuss275
02-09-2013, 10:45 AM

Iginla
Tanguay
Hudler
Cerevenka
Glencross
Bouwmeester
Wideman
Gio

Enough to win

We got depth

Just go and do it

Eff the excuses

The only injury that i care about is Backlund. Flames have depth at wing and D. Flames don't have a good group of centers to begin with, losing Backlund hurts. Other than losing Kipper long term, losing a center was the worst thing that could happen to the flames. I would go as far to say that losing Backlund for 4-6 weeks is as bad if not worse than losing Iggy 4-6 weeks.

Itse
02-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Some stats:

Flames:

Record: 3-3-2
Streak: Won 2
Road: 2-0-1
GF: 24 (3.00 per game)
GA: 28 (3.50 per game)
PP%: 26.5 (5th)
PK%: 70.4 (28th)

Leaders:

Goals: Alex Tanguay, Curtis Glencross, Lee Stempniak (4 goals)
Assists: Jarome Iginla, Alex Tanguay, Mike Cammalleri, Dennis Wideman, Jiri Hudler (5 assists)
PIM: Alex Tanguay, Blair Jones, Jay Bouwmeester (6 min)
ATOI: Dennis Wideman (25:06)
ATOI, forwards: Jarome Iginla (21:25)
+/-: TJ Brodie (+5)
Hits: Tim Jackman (18)
Blocked shots: Dennis Wideman (15)
Takeaways: Mark Giordano (8)

Goalies:
Leland Irving: SV% .914, GAA 2.22, 1-0-0 in 2 games
Daniel Taylor: 0 games

Injuries:
Lance Bouma, Sven Baertchi, Mikael Backlund, Miikka Kiprusoff, Mike Cammalleri

Canucks:

Record: 6-2-2
Streak: Won 4
Home: 3-1-1
GF: 28 (2.80 per game)
GA: 23 (2.30 per game)
PP%: 15.7 (23rd)
PK%: 76.7 (21st)

Leaders:

Goals: Zack Kassian (5)
Assists: Henrik Sedin (6)
PIM: Kevin Bieksa (20)
ATOI: Alexander Edler (23:38)
ATOI, Forwards: Henrik Sedin (20:23)
+/-: Henrik Sedin, Jannik Hansen (+5)
Hits: Aaron Volpatti (30 hits)
Blocked shots: Alexander Edler (22)
Takeaways: Chris Higgins (10)

Goalies:

Luongo: SV% .940, GAA 1.52, 3-0-2 in 6 games.
Schneider: SV% .908 GAA 2.66, 3-2-0 in 5 games

Injuries:
David Booth, Ryan Kesler

calgaryboy
02-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Voted for bo loss, because i am always wrong :-)
Hope for a win, GO FLAMES GO!

surferguy
02-09-2013, 11:21 AM

Iginla
Tanguay
Hudler
Cerevenka
Glencross
Bouwmeester
Wideman
Gio

Enough to win

We got depth

Just go and do it

Eff the excuses

Thank you for saying this! Everybody thinks this is the same team that played here for the last three years. This is not true, we have scoring depth. Our off season additions make us a formidable opponent on any given night. Have some GD confidence in the guys. I am calling that Bieksa gets made a fool somehow tonight.

Flames win

TurnedTheCorner
02-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Oh ####, it's Hockey Day? CBC will be laying it on extra thick and be even more unbearable today. Might just listen on the radio.

djsFlames
02-09-2013, 11:24 AM
If they can shut down the Sedins LIKE last game, then we will win.

I think despite our injuries, if our forward group works hard to drive possession through stretches in the game, then our d-men who are feeling it offensively now will be able to contribute from the blue line. For once I feel like even if our top 6 struggles to put many in, Wideman Jbo and Brodie can step in and provide some offense. If Street keeps up with the Czechs then sure keep him there, but if not then we need to bump Stajan up there. If they can get Schneidwhore off his game early, then by all means, open the flood gates. But if everybody works well as a team and supports Irving, we can maybe squeak out a close one.

kermitology
02-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Can't help but think that the Canucks PP gets a big boost and eats the Flames alive.

Itse
02-09-2013, 11:36 AM
If they can get Schneidwhore off his game early...

Umm? :blink:

Prediction: Canucks 4-2. Last one an empty netter. Sorry, my gut feeling.

Rejean31
02-09-2013, 11:37 AM
No Rick ball calling the game tonight. I believe we get Mark Lee again.

Baller said he gets a bunch in march and April.

Lee is calling the Oiler/Wings game at noon.

Dion
02-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Ben Street scores the winning goal in OT. Flames win 4-3

Bingo
02-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Some stats:

Leaders:

Goals: Alex Tanguay, Curtis Glencross, Lee Stempniak (4 goals)
Assists: Jarome Iginla, Alex Tanguay, Mike Cammalleri, Dennis Wideman, Jiri Hudler (5 assists)
PIM: Alex Tanguay, Blair Jones, Jay Bouwmeester (6 min)
ATOI: Dennis Wideman (25:06)
ATOI, forwards: Jarome Iginla (21:25)
+/-: TJ Brodie (+5)
Hits: Tim Jackman (18)
Blocked shots: Dennis Wideman (15)
Takeaways: Mark Giordano (8)

What a start for Tanguay, even if he falls back to the 50/82 guy he'll still end up with close to 40 points this year. Guy just belongs in Calgary I guess.

Can't believe the low penalty minute totals, that plays well going into Vancouver with a backup goaltender in net. Better to get into a good skating puck possession five on five game and take their chances

Brodie at +5, wild that he started the season a healthy scratch. Love watching this guy develop.

Giordano with a good take count, interesting as we all see him not playing well yet.

I wonder with Backlund out long term, Baertschi will get a look with the Czecks when he comes back. Still have to assume the plan is to move Cervenka to center.

TheMagicMan
02-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Anyone know who is on After Hours tonight?

Bourque's Twin
02-09-2013, 11:51 AM
If the Flames can pull this one off then this is a very special team.
All I ask for is as good of an effort as possible.

We need a big game from our top line, especially Iggy.

Flash Walken
02-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Mark lee and Greg millen doing the game in Detroit, does that mean Rick ball tonight?

Machiavelli
02-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Anyone know who is on After Hours tonight?

From After Hours' twitter:

Tonight on #AfterHours following #HockeyDay in Canada, it's the Canucks' Kevin Bieksa & goalie Roberto Luongo. Any questions? #HockeyNight

TurnedTheCorner
02-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Tonight on #AfterHours following #HockeyDay in Canada, it's the Canucks' Kevin Bieksa & goalie Roberto Luongo. Any questions? #HockeyNight
Yes. Why would anyone want to talk to Bieksa *or* Luongo, let alone both of them?

HalifaxDrunk
02-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Edit: Damn you Machiavelli!

Flamboyant 14
02-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Close win for the Flames!

FlameFilosi4
02-09-2013, 12:12 PM

If that's the same Stad pool, my memories are not so fond.

I almost drowned there 3 times in '67 trying to pass the basic Seaman's swim test.

I was a dumb 17 year old kid from Calgary who didn't know how to swim but wanted to be a Sailor.

But I passed it, and avoided that pool whenever possible afterwards :cool:

A salute to your Dad and the guys that served and still serve our country.

FF4

J epworth
02-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Mark lee and Greg millen doing the game in Detroit, does that mean Rick ball tonight?

Nope, it's Jim Hughson tonight for the Calgary broadcast.

Ashasx
02-09-2013, 12:15 PM

Be prepared for silence when the Flames score a goal.

dammage79
02-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Ugh, Hughson for the CBC PBP? With that other D-Hammer Simpson?

Gee I hope the Flames win just to listen to those two whine and complain.

Somehow I think the Flames are going to win tonight. Seeing Schneider in net gives me a sense of hope that we can win than seeing Luongo for some reason.

KipperRules
02-09-2013, 12:34 PM
5-3 Flames.

Iginla (2), Cervenka, Hudler, Street (EN)

Go Flames Go!

Pierre "Monster" McGuire
02-09-2013, 12:39 PM
5-3 Flames.

Iginla (2), Cervenka, Hudler, Street (EN)

Go Flames Go!

Empty netter where Tanev makes a great save...

MikeMc
02-09-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm guessing if Calgary is going to win this it won't be a low scoring game.

5-4 Cgy or 2-0 Canucks.

Go Flames.

MyFlamesFirst
02-09-2013, 01:07 PM
No Backs, Baertschi, Cammi, Kipper. This is going to be a tough one. Irving can't afford to just play good like he did in Columbus, he has to play great!

Ozy_Flame
02-09-2013, 01:28 PM
I see us losing but it's not a slaughter .... 4-2 Canucks, Glencross and Giordano with goals.

Anduril
02-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Was on the dot last time, hope it doesn't continue.
4-2 Canucks while we only manage to score one early and one late.

sun
02-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Remember how Irving played against these dirty canucks previously? Flames win 3-2. Coming for the division.

Rejean31
02-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Anyone know if Babchuk will be playing?

3thirty
02-09-2013, 02:01 PM
3-2 flames
Iggy
Wideman
Hudler

dammage79
02-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Cervenka maybe with a huge game tonight? After shaking that scoring monkey off his back.

Iniggywetrust
02-09-2013, 02:08 PM
1-0 flames. Danny Taylor scores the goal in relief, after the first on-the-fly goalie change in NHL history.

If that happens that prop would pay at least 25,000 to 1

IgiTang
02-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Mooseheads game cancelled... Now all i have is thus stressful game to look forward to

Rubicant
02-09-2013, 02:21 PM
I think the injuries prove too much tonight. Predicted a close loss though.

jlh2640
02-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Cammy officially ruled out.

Roof-Daddy
02-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Congrats on your first ever NHL game Ben Street. May it be the first of many.

GirlySports
02-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Shootout win!

H2SO4(aq)
02-09-2013, 02:43 PM
lets get two points, go flames. that is all

craig.caulks
02-09-2013, 02:45 PM
What's the rule about posting in GT if you are a Canucks fan? Please be creative in your answers.

Joborule
02-09-2013, 03:18 PM
With Irving in net don't have much faith Flames will win.

the2bears
02-09-2013, 03:19 PM
5-1 Flames, they catch Vancouver taking them for granted and by then it's too late. They never take their feet off the pedal.

Samiz
02-09-2013, 03:19 PM
In 7 games, Brodie has been on the ice for only 1 goal against! GO FLAMES GO!

craig.caulks
02-09-2013, 03:27 PM
With Irving in net don't have much faith Flames will win.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2011020517

Mike F
02-09-2013, 03:31 PM
What's the rule about posting in GT if you are a Canucks fan? Please be creative in your answers.
Only post if the Canucks aren't losing.

Igottago
02-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Flames will win. 4-2.

browna
02-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Irving needs to make sure he's sharp, and also make those above average saves that Kiprusoff made look easy/people took for granted, such as the last tying Jackets goal Thursday.

If the Flames get through the first half of the game withstanding the usual early Canucks barrage down by 1 or less, I think they'll be fine...as Irving goes, so do the Flames, tonight especially.

He lets in one or two that most figure Kiprusoff would've had, the team may get a bit down. But he keeps them in the game and plays better then he did in CBJ, I think the Flames persevere.

Super Nintendo Chalmers
02-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Only post if the Canucks aren't losing.
I'll get my shots in before the game starts.

Badgers Nose
02-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Leland played well against the Canucks previously. I think it will be a close game.

Neeper
02-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Flames keep the momentum going. They will out-chance the Canucks all night and the dirty the nuck fans won't know what hit them. Irving is not stellar, but good enough to get the win. 5-3 Flames.

MyFlamesFirst
02-09-2013, 04:02 PM
If the flames win tonight I will definitely be impressed with this team. Short some keys guys, playing a against a good team. These are the type of wins we need if we want to be a playoff team.

jayswin
02-09-2013, 04:11 PM
To those saying injuries aren't an excuse. They're not, but they're often the reason why teams struggle. WIth Cammellarri, Kipper and Backlund out, we are a worse team than when they are in, and the Canucks are one of the better teams in the NHL.

When you add those things up, it's not very unrealistic to say there's a good chance the Flames will lose tonight. I've never understood the "injuries aren't an excuse, good teams find a way to win" crowd.

Think of it this way, if Feaster all of a sudden traded Kipper, Cammellarri and Backlund for draft picks, the feeling around here would be "OMG, Feasters blowing up the team, we'll be a lottery team this year!".

Yet we lose those three players to injury and it's no excuse and shouldn't have any baring on their ability to win hockey games? I hope they win as much as anyone, and they very well might, but to think their chances aren't significantly diminished with this rash of injuries is ridiculous, imo.

puckluck2
02-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Cammy officially ruled out.

Which is probably a good thing the way he's been playing. Rene Bourquesqe.

Pierre "Monster" McGuire
02-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Man do I ever want to see the game that they played against Chicago... except converting on those gazzillions of chances.

iggy_oi
02-09-2013, 04:27 PM

Wow that's an impressive stat for any dman

Sakari
02-09-2013, 04:40 PM
It'll be a rough night.

I wouldn't be so sure about the Flame's being tired, because remember assuming they sleep on the plane, they actually gain another 3 hours of sleep. So it's really not that bad.

The Canucks are red-hot but every streak has to end somewhere, and we can only hope it ends here. Not too worried about missing Kipper as I think we can all agree he's bad against the Canucks... perhaps we see Irving perform very well against them.

Oh, and do we know if Irving and Taylor are splitting starts, or if Taylor is just in a back up role? Because if so, we could see Taylor in net tonight.. although that could go just about as good as it did in Boston last year.

gvitaly
02-09-2013, 04:42 PM

That's awesome, and also in 6 games, Derek Smith has yet to be on the ice for a goal against.

Bertuzzied
02-09-2013, 04:46 PM
That's awesome, and also in 6 games, Derek Smith has yet to be on the ice for a goal against.

Same with Babchuk!

casucks
02-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Irving gets lit up early down 2-0 in first, gets yanked for Taylor.

Babs & Glencross tie it up and Flames go on to win 5-4 with the other goals from Bouw,Gio & Jackman.

Taylor wins first nhl game

Hockey_Ninja
02-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Flames win 7-1. I have a good feeling going into this one. If I'm wrong i will take the blame for our loss.

casucks
02-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Irving gets lit up early down 2-0 in first, gets yanked for Taylor.

Wideman & Glencross tie it up and Flames go on to win 5-4 with the other goals from Bouw,Gio & Jackman.

Taylor wins first nhl game

I meant Wideman not, babs

calgaryred
02-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Canucks 6 Flames 2 its gonna suck

Magnum PEI
02-09-2013, 05:22 PM
I really hope the flames slaughter the Cansucks tonite, just to shut up the HNIC panel.

gvitaly
02-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Same with Babchuk!

Oh really?! :eek: I had no idea, thanks for sharing. It would be pretty impressive if he somehow contributed to a goal against.

My point was that Smith has been steady this year especially as a 5/6 D. I wasn't trying to take away from Brodie's accomplishment though.

Roof-Daddy
02-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Any predictions from the poster henriksedin for the game tonight?

transplant99
02-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Any predictions from the poster henriksedin for the game tonight?

Easter dinner will run long....and the Kings are a cupcake to face in the playoffs?

HPLovecraft
I can not see Calgary winning this with Irving in net. My guess? 5-2 Flames.

trublmaker
Flames will light em up tonight GFG

chalms04
02-09-2013, 05:50 PM
I'll be oddly refreshing to hear him slobber over the knobs of Henrik and Daniel rather than Schenko and Lando.

4-2 Flames.

starseed
02-09-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the Flames are 4th best in the league at pp%, but 2nd worst in pk%...

trublmaker
02-09-2013, 05:58 PM
I'll be oddly refreshing to hear him slobber over the knobs of Henrik and Daniel rather than Schenko and Lando.

4-2 Flames.

Love to hear "GREAT SAVE TANEV" tonight.

MrMastodonFarm
02-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Which is probably a good thing the way he's been playing. Rene Bourquesqe.

No... No... Cammaleri might be sucking and frustrating to watch but you can't question his want to win and his desire to be a game breaker. Bourque just didn't care. Cammaleri always does.

AC
02-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Love to hear "GREAT SAVE TANEV" tonight.
http://www.recklesscaution.com/misc_hockey/GreatSaveTanev.gif

Bertuzzied
02-09-2013, 06:02 PM
http://www.recklesscaution.com/misc_hockey/GreatSaveTanev.gif

Team Canada goalie next year in Sochi!

griever
02-09-2013, 06:02 PM
4-3 Flames in a nailbiter.

IamNotKenKing
02-09-2013, 06:13 PM
I'll be there cheering the boys on!

IgiTang
02-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Is Babchuk playing for certain? If so, why? Hes the kind of guy you put in if things need shaking up. Our 6 thus far have been decent. Would rather a physical Sarich in rather than Babchuk. We have 3 decent shots, 4 with Brodie from the point. What would Babchuk add?

mrdonkey
02-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Is Babchuk playing for certain? If so, why? Hes the kind of guy you put in if things need shaking up. Our 6 thus far have been decent. Would rather a physical Sarich in rather than Babchuk. We have 3 decent shots, 4 with Brodie from the point. What would Babchuk add?

With Cammy, Baertschi, and Backlund out a little extra offense couldn't hurt.

Sakari
02-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Not sure but the context of the way Hartley was speaking of Babs being activated sounded like he's a healthy scratch tonight.. I guess we'll find out soon though.

CaptainCrunch
02-09-2013, 07:00 PM
This game is all about getting respect, this has been a successful road trip but if the Flames keep it close or get a point or beat the Oilers then the anti-hype about the Flames will vanish.

troutman
02-09-2013, 07:07 PM
A few of us at FATS. No Canuck fans so far. One server wearing a Leafs jersey.

Flash Walken
02-09-2013, 07:11 PM

What about canuck taint? any canuck taint sightings?

Flash Walken
02-09-2013, 07:13 PM
I've been pretty vocal the past couple of seasons about how I feel this team is pretty crappy, and the need to move vets is imperative.

That being said, I am super excited for this game. I've been walking around my house all day in my Yelle jersey, and generally am super amped.

I went to the last game in Calgary and wasn't this excited.

I think, with Irving in net, some injuries upfront, and some changes to the dcore, I am pretty excited to watch this flames team.

I still don't think, at the end of the year, this will be a respectable club. That being said, I really like their chances in this game and for the first time in a long time, I am interested in the lineup.

If Backs and Baert were in, I'd be ecstatic, but as it stands, loving cervenka and brodie out there.

GO FLAMES GO!

AltaGuy
02-09-2013, 07:25 PM

Could save a prime seat for you over here. Although we're not playing with sound. Have you seen the renos?

troutman
02-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Could save a prime seat for you over here. Although we're not playing with sound. Have you seen the renos?

Will check it out soon.

Trailer Fire
02-09-2013, 07:46 PM
I've got a sushi roll bet with my Canucks fan buddy. I've made this bet 3 times in the past with different people. 2 loses 1 win. I'm really craving sushi when I get back, so I'm hoping for a big ol' dubya.