PDA

View Full Version : This fan base is pathetic

boggledepot
02-03-2013, 07:14 PM
This fan base is pathetic. I don't have any other word to describe a group of fans who search for excuses for why the opponent played poorly against our team, criticize the group for playing well, encourages the team to finish last in the league, hopes the organization trade a person who has spent nearly half his life representing the Flames and Calgary, then scorns management for not moving the person who has done more for this franchise than any other person in its history.

Minnie
02-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Ok then.

nik-
02-03-2013, 07:17 PM
:(

VictoryJuice
02-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Thanks

Jbo
02-03-2013, 07:18 PM
How's the view from the high horse?

bax
02-03-2013, 07:18 PM

timbit
02-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Homework all done?

Minnie
02-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Is this that same troll from a couple of weeks ago?

BEANZ
02-03-2013, 07:20 PM
I guess that solves everything!

Clearly you are THE ultimate fan, congrats on your achievement.

MisterJoji
02-03-2013, 07:21 PM
This fan base is pathetic. I don't have any other word to describe a group of fans who search for excuses for why the opponent played poorly against our team, criticize the group for playing well, encourages the team to finish last in the league, hopes the organization trade a person who has spent nearly half his life representing the Flames and Calgary, then scorns management for not moving the person who has done more for this franchise than any other person in its history.

Re: your opinion

http://i.imgur.com/EXNkm.gif

endeavor
02-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Does it boggle your mind?

Flabbibulin
02-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Nice, you could direct those general complaints on the fans (some anyways) of every other losing sports team in the history of sports.

kukkudo
02-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Cool Story Bro!

Red Slinger
Feel better now that you've got that off your chest?

Ashasx
I do think the way some fans treat players like Iginla is pathetic. Reminds me of Canuck fans.

oldschoolcalgary
02-03-2013, 07:24 PM
You tell 'em Jay!

Pass the koolaid! That'll change someone's opinion!

RT14
02-03-2013, 07:25 PM
The nerve of entire fan bases having opinions that cover every possibility.

Dion
02-03-2013, 07:26 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsv5t8uGTL1qeo9kno1_500.gif

Roof-Daddy
02-03-2013, 07:28 PM
The Flames fan base is jaded, and that's completely understandable after what it's been subjected to the last three seasons.

2008/2009 we looked like we were on the verge of being an elite team.

Then three years of boring, uninspired, terrible hockey teams that resulted in zero playoff appearances, wasted final years of our core players prime years and some terrible (and I do mean TERRIBLE) trades.

Personally my own optimism level was at it's lowest point in over a decade, coming into this season.....but I like the way the team has played so far, despite the lack of wins/points.

It's going to take time though, for the Flames to prove to the majority of their fan base that they might actually be good.

$ven27
02-03-2013, 07:29 PM
How drunk are you?

sun
02-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Tell us more!

Vinny01
02-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Some people are tired of being a treadmill team and that is fair

Ownership commitment to winning while drafting 13-14th ever year and still relying on Iggy and kipper to carry the team is wearing thin

I am optimistic and have been happy with the style of play so far but this really feels like a slow death. If we miss and finish 9th-11th and potentially lose Iggy for nothing and Kipper retires we will likely bottom out without getting valuable assets in return

I am starting to get worried that we are in for 5 more years of this at minimum if the direction doesn't change

Hopefully Hartley can implement a culture change and that is enough to get the most out of this team and get to the playoffs but we are already getting behind the 8ball for the 4th year in a row

Hockey_Ninja
02-03-2013, 07:45 PM
I do agree that the way a lot of posters on here trash Iginla is shameful. Erik Estrada claiming that he is a bad leader when he will never get the chance to experience first hand how he impacts the team behind the doors is idiotic. I would love to see these guys try to do the job Iggy has done for so long.

But in regard of the fans screaming rebuild it's understandable. The team has missed the playoffs for three and it looks like soon to be four straight seasons. IF the team does make the playoffs they will most likely be a lower seed and will probably get knocked out in the first round once again. Mediocrity has eventually had its toil on most fans and they have had enough. So to trash the people for screaming rebuild in my mind doesn't make sense when they have legitimate reason to do so.

In my opinion for this season: We make the playoffs? Great. Would love to see my favorite team in the post season instead of just watching hoping for the Canucks to fail. IF we don't make the playoffs? Fine. We'll get a high pick (hopefully) and a young building block for the future and i'm fully sure that the rebuild will finally start.

Win/Win for me

Cowperson
02-03-2013, 08:45 PM

This organization has been past the first round of the playoffs once in 23 years, soon to be 24.

That's probably longer than you've been alive.

Why do they "deserve" anyone as a fan? Including you.

If it wasn't for the heroin beer . . . . . this franchise might be in trouble.

Cowperson