PDA

View Full Version : Canucks to honour the Millionaires...

North East Goon
02-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Apparently will wear the old Maroon and white for one game later this season:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=653445

nik-
02-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Lets manufacture a legacy everyone! They bought the rights to the Millionaires, I'm surprised they haven't lifted their Stanley Cup banner yet.

Senator Clay Davis
02-01-2013, 01:28 PM
At least the Millionaires have a Cup. Do you think the Vancouver fans rioted when the Millionaires lost?

AR_Six
02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
I actually really really want the jersey the Giants wore a couple of years ago. Can't find it anywhere. Would shell out for an authentic one.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tAkMrO6Lul8/SSj4X70t94I/AAAAAAAAFBc/o_SmAOVGgJ8/s400/_C4G5144.jpg

Note: no interest in the cream pants, however.

opendoor
02-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Isn't it just a patch they're putting on their 3rd jerseys?

EDIT: Yep, it's just a patch. Stop the presses!

sec304
02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Kessler was wearing a reebok one with a nhl shield so I bet these will be for sale at some point.

^The white helmet look weird with the rest of the jersey being vintage white

sec304
02-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Isn't it just a patch they're putting on their 3rd jerseys?

from what I read yes they just adding a blue and white 'V' patch to their current 3rd jerseys

North East Goon
02-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Lets manufacture a legacy everyone! They bought the rights to the Millionaires, I'm surprised they haven't lifted their Stanley Cup banner yet.

To be fair, we did fabricate an entire uniform for the Heritage Classic and it was uglier than this.

opendoor
02-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Actually it sounds like the OP is right. I guess they'll be wearing the full on Millionaires jersey for 1 game and that patch on some other games.

Seems odd, but I guess it'll sell some jerseys.

troutman
02-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Vancouver is named for a man that while exploring the Pacific Northwest, failed to discover the Columbia, Fraser and Skeena rivers.

OldDutch
02-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Oh good, for a minute there I was worried it wouldn't have the city name printed accross the chest. Now I won't have to wonder where they are from!

AR_Six
02-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Seems odd, but I guess it'll sell some jerseys.
It'll sure sell one to me... but nonetheless, I will still pay $300 for anyone who can give me a fresh authentic of the Giants version of this in my size (probably L). Actually I'm going to post the same on the Canucks section at HFboards.

MrMastodonFarm
02-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Actually I'm going to post the same on the Canucks section at HFboards.
That's awesome.

Resolute 14
02-01-2013, 02:12 PM
I don't mind it, actually. We out west may not be able to claim the continuous franchise history of a Canadiens or Arenas/St. Patricks/Maple Leafs, but our cities do have rich hockey histories. I like when this is brought to the forefront.

That said, I'm a little surprised the Canucks would do it now instead of two years from now to celebrate the 100th anniversary of that Cup.

Also, the Millionaires jerseys were 100 times better than what the Canucks wear now.

AR_Six
02-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Also, the Millionaires jerseys were 100 times better than what the Canucks wear now.
Agree... don't hate the current Canucks jersey but it's just not really up there. A couple of the leaked / proposed concepts at the time involving a new Johnny Canuck style logo were better. Hell, just the V logo on the jersey's shoulder as a main logo would be much better:
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/29/full/mo4s55icd2yfae5f644c.gif
Then again I don't like the Flames one either (apparently I'm not alone judging by a couple of threads in this forum).

Locke
02-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Your move Edmonton....

http://i.imgur.com/PDMJ5LK.jpg

doctajones428
02-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Great, just what we need, brown added to a sea of blue, green, yellow, black, maroon, red, orange, silver and white

puckluck2
02-01-2013, 02:37 PM
At least the Millionaires have a Cup. Do you think the Vancouver fans rioted when the Millionaires lost?

Yep, the rioting set off World War 1.

CsInMyBlood
02-01-2013, 02:55 PM
It'll sure sell one to me... but nonetheless, I will still pay $300 for anyone who can give me a fresh authentic of the Giants version of this in my size (probably L). Actually I'm going to post the same on the Canucks section at HFboards.

Great news, thanks for sharing.

AR_Six
02-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Hey, who knows, maybe someone on here knows where I can get really random obscure WHL jerseys that were only worn for 2 games.

Table 5
02-01-2013, 03:52 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tAkMrO6Lul8/SSj4X70t94I/AAAAAAAAFBc/o_SmAOVGgJ8/s400/_C4G5144.jpg.

Tone down the stripes, and I think this jersey/logo looks better than anything the Canucks have ever had. I wish you would see simple logos like this again.

hkstylez
02-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Oh good, for a minute there I was worried it wouldn't have the city name printed accross the chest. Now I won't have to wonder where they are from!

Really? This is what grinds my gears... It's ok to make fun of the Canucks because they have their City name printed on their jersey.

What about teams like the Washington Capitals, New York Rangers, Toronto Maple Leafs, Anaheim Ducks, etc... Sounds like your also making fun of those teams too.

IgiTang
02-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Your move Edmonton....

http://i.imgur.com/PDMJ5LK.jpg

WTF.... What team is that?

troutman
02-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Tone down the stripes, and I think this jersey/logo looks better than anything the Canucks have ever had. I wish you would see simple logos like this again.

You can't wear white pants after Labour Day darlings.

ripTDR
02-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Vancouver is named for a man that while exploring the Pacific Northwest, failed to discover the Columbia, Fraser and Skeena rivers.

yeahhh??

MrMastodonFarm
02-01-2013, 07:42 PM

The Edmonton Swastikas, why, what's up?

doctajones428
02-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Really? This is what grinds my gears... It's ok to make fun of the Canucks because they have their City name printed on their jersey.

What about teams like the Washington Capitals, New York Rangers, Toronto Maple Leafs, Anaheim Ducks, etc... Sounds like your also making fun of those teams too.

Except for Washington, Toronto and Anaheim has the city names IN their logo, not above the logo or without a logo

Take "VANCOUVER" out and just leave the whale by itself, it would look better

North East Goon
02-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Great, just what we need, brown added to a sea of blue, green, yellow, black, maroon, red, orange, silver and white

You forgot pacific salmon, bleeding maroon into navy and silver.

Resolute 14
02-01-2013, 10:18 PM

Before the Nazi's corrupted it, the swatika (note that it isn't tilted the same way as they did) was actually a symbol of peace and enlightenment. Particularly in Hindu cultures, with its use dating back several thousand years.

Locke
02-02-2013, 12:20 AM

I tuned in a bit today and not only do the Canucks have VANCOUVER in huge lettering on their jerseys, they've also got a patch, in the shape of a 'V' with VANCOUVER written inside of it.

Let it go Vancouver....let it go.....

The Edmonton Swastikas, why, what's up?

Indeed it is the Edmonton Swastikas.

Calgary honoured the Tigers, Montreal honoured those godawful multi-striped things, Vancouver is honouring the Millionaires.....I just figured that it was Edmonton's turn to honour their hockey heritage.

craig.caulks
02-02-2013, 05:45 PM

The Flames are named for the burning of Atlanta during the civil war.

craig.caulks
02-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Except for Washington, Toronto and Anaheim has the city names IN their logo, not above the logo or without a logo

Take "VANCOUVER" out and just leave the whale by itself, it would look better

Lose the whale too, go with the stick and rink.

SeeGeeWhy
02-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Wouldn't it be more honorable to never be associated with the Vancouver Canucks in any capacity?

Winsor_Pilates
02-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Wouldn't it be more honorable to never be associated with the Vancouver Canucks in any capacity?
I see this as a pretty big insult to the Millionaires, Vancouvers greatest hockey franchise.