PDA

View Full Version : the Flames fans who dumped their beer on me

Flames_Gimp
01-31-2013, 11:08 PM
and laughed in my face and walked away... fuuuuuuuuu-uuuuu#%# you!

Yrebmi
01-31-2013, 11:11 PM
:rolleyes: Really a thread for this?

Edit: I wasn't aware OP was in a wheelchair. :bag:

Super-Rye
01-31-2013, 11:13 PM
Someone seriously did this? What is wrong with people?

3 Justin 3
01-31-2013, 11:14 PM
Not sure if srs.

If you're serious then shame on society. With the kind of day I'm having though I wouldn't be surprised. Human society is even dumber than I had initially thought.

Mean Mr. Mustard
01-31-2013, 11:15 PM
At least it wasn't a Canucks fan, we light that #### on fire.

kehatch
01-31-2013, 11:15 PM
That is almost as insensitive as your avatar.

Brannigans Law
01-31-2013, 11:16 PM

Why, did you you do it? Otherwise wtf is with your reaction?

I'm really sorry that happened man. I hope someone saw it happen, followed him outside and sodomized him with a pipe. Or I dunno yelled at him or something. Whatever works best.

stang
01-31-2013, 11:16 PM

Psst... He's in a wheelchair.

Matty81
01-31-2013, 11:17 PM
Sorry about that man, that sucks. Hopefully it wrecks your night at worst and not your week. See them for what they are, total ####### outliers in society whose lives probably suck at least most of the time.

VANFLAMESFAN
01-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Psst... He's in a wheelchair.

Bertuzzi put him there.

Minnie
01-31-2013, 11:24 PM

Don't like? Don't read, don't comment, walk away, piehole closed.

FG, those people are a pair of pus sucking turd herders. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Redrum
01-31-2013, 11:25 PM
liar.

vektor
01-31-2013, 11:26 PM
omfg, this board.... too ridiculous

puckluck2
01-31-2013, 11:27 PM
The wannabe mods should just apply. Annoying as hell.

Flames_Gimp
01-31-2013, 11:29 PM
just trying to get out after the game, guy bumps into me, soaks my pants, iphone, new shoes and jersey... ok, it sucks but it was an accident, no biggie he'll apologize and i'll deal with it....

wrong.. his buddy laughs like he just saw the funniest thing in his life, they both don't even acknowledge me and walk away. I follow them (i was a little irritated) they see me - well I guess that made the joke even better because they were laughing even harder.

hope you had a great laugh with your buddies you dicks!

Dion
01-31-2013, 11:31 PM

http://i.imgur.com/6uptppC.gif

Dion
01-31-2013, 11:33 PM
just trying to get out after the game, guy bumps into me, soaks my pants, iphone, new shoes and jersey... ok, it sucks but it was an accident, no biggie he'll apologize and i'll deal with it....

wrong.. his buddy laughs like he just saw the funniest thing in his life, they both don't even acknowledge me and walk away. I follow them (i was a little irritated) they see me - well I guess that made the joke even better because they were laughing even harder.

Don't let it get to you. Only the scum of the earth would laugh like that.

Flames_Gimp
01-31-2013, 11:37 PM
sorry to post this, had to vent, maybe the jerks would see this, I dunno. most people might think it's no big deal, they don't understand what Crap I have to deal with on a daily basis. But, I'm not looking for any pity.

nik-
01-31-2013, 11:39 PM
Judging by their reaction, wouldn't this thread just take the comedy level for them to the next level?

Flames_Gimp
01-31-2013, 11:45 PM
I was trying to say F U to them but I don't have the lung capacity to be heard in the dome, so Maybe they can read it.

I could have easily taken them out by the ankles with my chair, but I'm too nice.

Hack&Lube
01-31-2013, 11:48 PM
Those are some real pricks who can pour beer on and laugh at a guy in a wheelchair. I'm sure you can stand up for yourself (:whistle: you know what I mean) but those are some genuine a-holes.

Flames_Gimp
01-31-2013, 11:52 PM

good, even they couldn't top me!

GreatWhiteEbola
01-31-2013, 11:54 PM
The Dome sucks when you're in a chair...my favorite comment was when I where leaving after the home opener heading over the catwalk to the train. The guy behind says; "Why is everyone going so slow? We all have working legs!". Like really does it make you feel better to make fun of the guy in the wheelchair? The guy who has accomplished more without the use of his legs then you will ever do in your life! Fataing bi-ped POS's!

Edit: not sure that makes sense, hopped up on my meds at-the-moment. So many advantages, so many...(I don't normally post when I'm this effed...)

Dion
01-31-2013, 11:54 PM
I was trying to say F U to them but I don't have the lung capacity to be heard in the dome, so Maybe they can read it.

I could have easily taken them out by the ankles with my chair, but I'm too nice.

The fact you took the high road tells me alot about who you are. You were able to rise above the incident and recognise the 2 a holes for who they really are. Forget about them and move on. Karma will bite them someday :)

Minnie
01-31-2013, 11:56 PM
When my kid was in her chair full time, it was really educational. We really didn't have a clue before that.

We had a pair of girls actually dick around with us, when I was pushing her in the mall one day. Absolutely on purpose kept trying to block us. Really? I'm a redhead. Temper to match. You really want to do that? Ok - challenge accepted. Beware your kneecaps, #######s. Just kept coming. They moved finally. Didn't have to actually 'bump' them with the chair.

To Be Quite Honest
01-31-2013, 11:58 PM
Remember, you get all the best parking spaces! So who gets the last laugh!

Also, fata them!

Locke
02-01-2013, 12:00 AM
That sucks man, I cant imagine how big an ass hole someone would have to be to do that.

I just dont see where that gets fun.

Super Nintendo Chalmers
02-01-2013, 12:00 AM
http://forumcdn.calgarypuck.com/customavatars/avatar3344_5.gif

Seriously, with the way that guy lifts and swings the chair, not only will he wind up in a chair himself, his shoulders will too messed up to move himself around.

That always bugged me about that gif.

GreatWhiteEbola
02-01-2013, 12:02 AM
Remember, you get all the best parking spaces!

Segregation at it's finest.:cool:

Flames_Gimp
02-01-2013, 12:10 AM
i've been called every name in book, discriminated so many times but this was the worst one yet.

Flames_Gimp
02-01-2013, 12:13 AM
http://forumcdn.calgarypuck.com/customavatars/avatar3344_5.gif

Seriously, with the way that guy lifts and swings the chair, not only will he wind up in a chair himself, his shoulders will too messed up to move himself around.

That always bugged me about that gif.

you have a point haha. been meaning to update the avatar for years, think I've had this one since about '05

Flames_Gimp
02-01-2013, 12:36 AM
omfg, this board.... too ridiculous

why?, it's not like I'm taking a break from the internet or something. ;)

doctajones428
02-01-2013, 12:54 AM

Good thing it wasn't me.

I considered destroying a couple ankles with my wheelchair before but never done it (also too nice) but absolutely without a doubt, I would of went full speed into the prick.

I would of dropped F bombs and smashed ankles for ya if I was there

doctajones428
02-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Whoops double post

H2SO4(aq)
02-01-2013, 01:52 AM
it doesnt excuse it, but i assume it had nothing to do with you. sorry mate.

hope you dont take it as a personal attack, but hope flames fans dont forget this and learn a little class in the future. truly ashamed tonight.

killer_carlson
02-01-2013, 04:16 AM
Im surprised other fans didnt tell them to smarten up.

That is brutal. I have no time for that type of behavior.

FlamesAddiction
02-01-2013, 07:06 AM
That sucks that it happened to you.

Just have faith that people who act like #######s will eventually get some type of retribution against them in some form. It might not be from you, and you'll probably never know about it; but it will happen.

ken0042
02-01-2013, 07:25 AM
I saw FG just a couple of minutes after it happened. I wish I had gotten there sooner; or maybe it's better I didn't- I might have spend the night at the police station.

Did your phone survive? I didn't even consider that when I saw you.

Cheese
02-01-2013, 07:29 AM
http://beingascrub.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/round2-fight-wheelchair.jpg https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReyuTQlhLdMmaeeiXV_ahRKQWlLppEz kNupoA1hmvD8xhYM6yO

Im with Ken on this..IF I was there those twats would have cost me a night in the slammer as well.

/edit maybe they thought you needed a golden shower? :whistle::ph34r:

transplant99
02-01-2013, 07:33 AM
I wonder if you contact security that they can look through video and find the incident and then give it to the media to plaster those dickheads face all over TV and newspaper....see how funny they think it is at that point.

I dont even know you and this makes me beyond livid. Gotta get even on stuff like this...somehow.

you got PHANUEFED
02-01-2013, 08:11 AM
At least it wasn't a Canucks fan, we light that #### on fire.

Thank you this post just made my day.

Flashpoint
02-01-2013, 08:15 AM

Edit: I wasn't aware OP was in a wheelchair. :bag:

So Gimp only gets sympathy because he's in a chair? People in chairs can be dicks too guys. Don't discriminate the hate.

jWohhABEzJQ&list

Cowperson
02-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Those are some real pricks who can pour beer on and laugh at a guy in a wheelchair. I'm sure you can stand up for yourself (:whistle: you know what I mean) but those are some genuine a-holes.

That's the bottom line. Life will catch up to losers like that eventually.

When I read Flames Gimp's description, the first thing that popped in my head was that it was a new script for Glee.

It's over. Rage for a while but then move on. Life's too short to carry that burden for too long.

Cowperson

valo403
02-01-2013, 08:17 AM

Now that is a sight that would cause me to laugh my ass off. If you get the chance to make that happen I hope there's video.

Zevo
02-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Mount a gopro on your chair...that would be awesome.

surferguy
02-01-2013, 09:11 AM
That just plain sucks FG. Some peoples kids... Just understand that they will get their "reward" at some point.
At some moment in the future you will be at home and for no reason a wash of euphoria will pass over you and you will not understand at first the meaning of this unheralded joy. When this happens know that it is the laws of karma going to work. Know that these laws dictate that someday, somewhere those idiots will be taking out the garbage and the bag will rip and spill all over the carpet. That bag will be filled with the litter of a sick cat.

Rest easy FG - they will get their comeuppance

polak
02-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Bahahahahaha THATS HILARIOUS

ahem...

troutman
02-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Sorry FG, that sucks.

It seems almost every game beer is spilled on us, or leaks down the steps from above. You can't wear a nice jacket or leave anything under your seat.

If you spill beer, you should offer to pay for cleaning, and buy that person a beer too.

FlamesAddiction
02-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Sorry FG, that sucks.

It seems almost every game beer is spilled on us, or leaks down the steps from above. You can't wear a nice jacket or leave anything under your seat.

If you spill beer, you should offer to pay for cleaning, and buy that person a beer too.

Or at least frickin say sorry.

Accidents happen and any reasonable person could write it off as such if the other person apologizes.

crazy_eoj
02-01-2013, 09:40 AM
The dome is just so terrible for people in wheelchairs. I was with my brother last night and we were trying to fight our way through the crowd out to the waiting handibus he bumped into a guy who turned around and said; "Not like I need that leg anyways" before stomping off.

This after we both are yelling excuse me and my bro is trying to drive as carefully as possible. What else is he supposed to do? He'd had two drunk guys basically fall into his lap seconds before and he just laughed it off (they were both apologetic).

But I can't imagine how difficult it is to try and drive through that crowd at all. Has anyone else in chairs been to other major sporting venue's and are they any better?

polak
02-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I dripped some beer on to a lady sitting in the row infront of me as I was shimmying to my seats. She didn't notice...

Flames_Gimp
02-01-2013, 10:20 AM
I wonder if you contact security that they can look through video and find the incident and then give it to the media to plaster those dickheads face all over TV and newspaper....see how funny they think it is at that point.

I dont even know you and this makes me beyond livid. Gotta get even on stuff like this...somehow.

oh man that would be amazing... don't know if they would do that. anyone on cp work security at the dome?:whistle:

SuperMatt18
02-01-2013, 10:30 AM
I dripped some beer on to a lady sitting in the row infront of me as I was shimmying to my seats. She didn't notice...

This grinds my gears.

Put a freaking lid on your beers until your get to your seats people, it is really not that hard and you don't waste as much beer.

Saw a guy last night trying to carry three beers to his seats, spilled beer all over the row in front of him and by the the time he got to his seat the beers were now only 3/4 full.

Hate going to a game only to have worry about drunk idiots spilling beer down the back of my $200 jersey while they get to their seats.

Flames_Gimp
02-01-2013, 10:37 AM
But I can't imagine how difficult it is to try and drive through that crowd at all. Has anyone else in chairs been to other major sporting venue's and are they any better?

gm place or whatever its called now in vancouver is miles ahead of the saddledome. We really do need a new building.

FlamesAddiction
02-01-2013, 10:38 AM

I think I told this story before, but I had a Canuck fan do that to me on purpose at a game in Vancouver before.

I felt a little bit of beer land on my neck and trickle down my back. I turned around and looked, and the guy was looking forward, straight-faced, so I assumed it was an accident. Then it happened again... and being the laid back guy I am, I let it go. Then it happened again, but that time I heard snickering... At that point I was fuming, but I was holding back because I was out numbered and hate conflict.

Finally after the next time, I turned around and started to freak out a little, but the guy's friend apologized to me and told his buddy to knock it off, so it deflated the situation. It takes a lot to provoke me into a confrontation, but when it happens, I am a powder keg.

Displaced Flames fan
02-01-2013, 10:41 AM
The Dome sucks when you're in a chair...my favorite comment was when I where leaving after the home opener heading over the catwalk to the train. The guy behind says; "Why is everyone going so slow? We all have working legs!". Like really does it make you feel better to make fun of the guy in the wheelchair? The guy who has accomplished more without the use of his legs then you will ever do in your life! Fataing bi-ped POS's!

Edit: not sure that makes sense, hopped up on my meds at-the-moment. So many advantages, so many...(I don't normally post when I'm this effed...)

Change accomplished to achieved and you're the Big Lebowski!

polak
02-01-2013, 10:41 AM
This grinds my gears.

Put a freaking lid on your beers until your get to your seats people, it is really not that hard and you don't waste as much beer.

Saw a guy last night trying to carry three beers to his seats, spilled beer all over the row in front of him and by the the time he got to his seat the beers were now only 3/4 full.

Hate going to a game only to have worry about drunk idiots spilling beer down the back of my $200 jersey while they get to their seats.

I did have a lid on it. The lid leaked. It was a very small amount that got on her and like I said she didn't even notice.

Flames_Gimp
02-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Mount a gopro on your chair...that would be awesome.

i have a gopro and was thinking I should mount it last night b4 the incident.

pylon
02-01-2013, 10:47 AM
OT, but semi related.

About a year ago, there was a guy in a wheel chair, stuck in the snow, trying to cross the street in front of my work. I was waiting at the light to go home, and I jumped out of my car to help push him across the street. He looked stright at me, like he understood what I was doing, waited for me to walk all the way over to him, and the second I put my hands on the chair, he blurts out:

"Get your hands off me, you F@GGOT!"

I lol'd, got in my car, and went on my merry way.

minnow
02-01-2013, 10:53 AM
I hope Karma has something special lined up for those two unfeeling buffoons.

GreatWhiteEbola
02-01-2013, 10:59 AM
OT, but semi related.

About a year ago, there was a guy in a wheel chair, stuck in the snow, trying to cross the street in front of my work. I was waiting at the light to go home, and I jumped out of my car to help push him across the street. He looked stright at me, like he understood what I was doing, waited for me to walk all the way over to him, and the second I put my hands on the chair, he blurts out:

g9QncPQaTIo

crazy_eoj
02-01-2013, 11:08 AM
gm place or whatever its called now in vancouver is miles ahead of the saddledome. We really do need a new building.

Is it just because it's less crowded?

stignasty
02-01-2013, 11:14 AM
A big fat guy ran me over with a scooter in Disneyland.

Nothing to do with this thread, but it's an awesome story.

Aeneas
02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
A big fat guy ran me over with a scooter in Disneyland.

Nothing to do with this thread, but it's an awesome story.

You ran out in front of me. I couldn't stop.

MoneyGuy
02-01-2013, 12:00 PM

Having worked in that industry, I can tell you that would never happen. It would be satisfying, however.

Stay Golden
02-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Idiots spilling beer on a person in wheelchair is no laughing matter.
Life will deal them a dose of bad luck "why did this happen to me"
Until then FG you could always have your chair fitted with spiked wheels and make some s.o.b's pay.
Keep taking the high road!

ThisYear
02-01-2013, 12:19 PM
and laughed in my face and walked away... fuuuuuuuuu-uuuuu#%# you!

Whats the big deal ..... i get beer dumped on me (on purpose and accident) 1/4 of the games i go to. Especially when i attend an Edmonton game in Edmonton (wearing a flames jersey). I'm proud that I annoy people who are willing to spend $8 on beer and waste it on me. Also, 50% its an accident.

Baaarrden
02-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Not really too relevant to this thread but after the home opener, I was walking down the stairs from PL and a kid (like about 16 or so) in front of me hocked a loogie over the railing into the people below. One of the most disgusting things would be to be on the receiving end of it. I absolutely tore into the kid though and he and his 3 buddies were scared s###less as I followed them down the stairs.

Hack&Lube
02-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Whats the big deal ..... i get beer dumped on me (on purpose and accident) 1/4 of the games i go to. Especially when i attend an Edmonton game in Edmonton (wearing a flames jersey). I'm proud that I annoy people who are willing to spend $8 on beer and waste it on me. Also, 50% its an accident.

Please go visit the hospital, pour liquids on, and start laughing at all the people in wheelchairs and see what happens to you.

return to the red
02-01-2013, 03:10 PM
####ty deal FG, there will always be full on morons out there.

Canada/Russia semi's last year at the end of the game someone launches a half full water bottle from the 200-300 level, it catches the top of the net and proceeds to hammer me in the head.

If you are on CP you are a ###### and that damn near knocked me out you a$$

CaptainCrunch
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
For $200.00 I'll catch them for you

For $400.00 I'll skin em

stang
02-01-2013, 03:21 PM
http://youtu.be/r5VU4IzSjLs

CsInMyBlood
02-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Your story sucks FG, sorry you had to deal with it.

Like others have said, I'm a believer in karma, hopefully these goofs will get whats coming to them and more.

Can you mount machine guns on a wheelchair?

dissentowner
02-01-2013, 03:41 PM
If they wanted to spill beer on you they could have at least aimed for your mouth.

Young-Sneezy
02-01-2013, 04:08 PM
OT, but semi related.

you should have spilled a beer on him.

too soon?

Flames_Gimp
02-01-2013, 10:06 PM
you should have spilled a beer on him.

too soon?

and laughed at him

Rifleman
02-02-2013, 02:31 AM
You should've carried a shotgun. Then shot them in the face. Then told the cops they were robbing you.

No jury in the world would convict you. http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/4862/deatha.gif

EVERLAST
02-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Man I wish you owned a taser....or an electric cattle prod.......or a retractable nightstick like the police carry for incidents like this.

FlamesFanInKansasCity
02-02-2013, 07:09 AM

That's pretty ridiculous for someone to do.

Flames_Gimp
02-02-2013, 12:44 PM
I should attach surgical scalpels at Achilles tendon height on my foot plates, with one flick of the joystick, gimp justice is served - sentence: 6-8 weeks traveling by handi-bus.

The General
02-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Wow I cant believe how stupid some people are. If I had seen that I would have lost it and likely been banned from the Dome.

bluejays
02-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Flames Gimp, that was you? You tried to pinch my bum, I lost my balance and spilled it on you :)

All joking aside, I can't believe that nobody around would have stepped in. Calgary really is the wild west some nights I guess.

Crazy Bacon Legs
02-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Interesting. The same night you posted this, I happened to see two guys dump beer on a guy in a wheelchair.

I followed them, snuck up on them and bludgeoned them each with my lead pipe ("Leaddie") until they were unconscious. I then dragged them to the river and hanged them from their feet so they were upside down, waist deep in the water. Then I watched them struggle until they were both bereft of life. I smiled when they breathed their last.

Although to be fair, my thing happened in Vancouver. Funny coincidence, I suppose. I guess it doesn't actually have much to do with your story, actually. But those guys were still jerks.

HPLovecraft
02-02-2013, 01:52 PM
The things someone in a wheelchair has to go through on a daily basis in a city due to the inconsiderate and/or hateful behaviour of others would blow the minds of many in this thread.

Dion
02-02-2013, 02:00 PM
CP needs to have a fund raiser so we can get Flames_Gimp one of these chairs

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Minigun-Wheelchair-1.jpg

Chad_Flames
02-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Did OP mention anywhere the race of the guy who dumped beer on him? I notice in other threads that when a First Nations, East Indian, Black, etc. does something wrong it's typically stated as "a (insert race) guy did ______ to me." Don't usually notice that when the assailant is white. Just food for thought.

HPLovecraft
02-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Now that's a thread hijack if I've ever saw one. Good job.

Dion
02-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Now the race card has been entered into the discussion :(

JazzyFlame
02-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Now the race card has been entered into the discussion :(

his point is completely valid, however minimum on this site.

Zulu29
02-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Wow, you really went there eh?

Minnie
02-02-2013, 02:49 PM
The things someone in a wheelchair has to go through on a daily basis in a city due to the inconsiderate and/or hateful behaviour of others would blow the minds of many in this thread.

You know what's really fun? When you take the C-train and get off at a station they've decided to rip apart and they don't make a temporary ramp and you have to beg multiple strangers for help to get the chair down and then back up several steps.

EVERLAST
02-02-2013, 02:49 PM
okay.......I tell you everyting.........

he looka like a man

Flames_Gimp
02-02-2013, 03:02 PM
one was a dirty ginger and the other a mayonnaise sandwich eatin, white trash honky.

puckluck2
02-02-2013, 03:16 PM
one was a dirty ginger and the other a mayonnaise sandwich eatin, white trash honky.

So a Canuck fan and an Oiler fan. Wow, classless scumbags.

BigBrodieFan
02-02-2013, 03:39 PM
FG, I wanna know, did your iphone work after it got beer on it? Did you have a good cover on it or did you have to pay for a new one? Urgh, that would suck if you did. :mad:

kn
02-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Not really too relevant to this thread but after the home opener, I was walking down the stairs from PL and a kid (like about 16 or so) in front of me hocked a loogie over the railing into the people below. One of the most disgusting things would be to be on the receiving end of it. I absolutely tore into the kid though and he and his 3 buddies were scared s###less as I followed them down the stairs.

I applaud you but I'm guessing you're over six feet and look like you can back it up. I'd want to tear into them too but they'd just take one look at me and laugh. :bag:

Baaarrden
02-02-2013, 04:47 PM
I applaud you but I'm guessing you're over six feet and look like you can back it up. I'd want to tear into them too but they'd just take one look at me and laugh. :bag:

I'm actually just under 6 feet, but I don't even think size has anything to do with being able to back it up or not. If something actually came of it, there's enough security and other fans that I would think someone would intervene (although I guess unfortunately not the case for FG). I think it was more the shock of someone actually saying something that scared him the most. He had probably done it a bunch of times before and had never had anybody confront him about it.

Flames_Gimp
02-02-2013, 04:50 PM
FG, I wanna know, did your iphone work after it got beer on it? Did you have a good cover on it or did you have to pay for a new one? Urgh, that would suck if you did. :mad:

phone survived :)

smoothpops
02-02-2013, 05:06 PM
OT, but semi related.

What part of his chair were touching? did ya go a lil low there buddy? :P

Flabbibulin
02-02-2013, 05:07 PM
What I want to know FG is if you have season tickets?? After reading this entire thread, I will for sure be looking out for you on the main concourse level. I would hate to walk up to the wrong guy in a wheelchair though and ask him if he is the Flames Gimp...

Dion
02-02-2013, 05:08 PM
nm

Flames_Gimp
02-02-2013, 05:20 PM
What I want to know FG is if you have season tickets?? After reading this entire thread, I will for sure be looking out for you on the main concourse level. I would hate to walk up to the wrong guy in a wheelchair though and ask him if he is the Flames Gimp...

yes...

I've been waiting for years for someone to ask if I'm the gimp just so I can say "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST CALL ME?? lol

Chad_Flames
02-03-2013, 06:00 PM

Heh. I actually already knew they were white because you didn't mention their race. I just wanted to raise that point.

I know a lot people will have a problem with me mentioning this but I feel like it's necessary to counteract all the subtle racist crap we experience on a day to day level. People often attach the race of a perpetrator to a crime when they are relaying back a story but skip the mention of race when the perpetrator is white. It might not seem like a big deal but it leads to some really messy things. Ex: Where people think that certain races are more likely to act in a some manner when there is no proof for that.

More specifically, the stereotype of bad East Asian drivers. Whenever you see a bad East Asian driver, you chalk it up to their race and it just compounds on the stereotype that you have built in your head. A nice little experiment is to account for race in every single bad driving experience that you have for the next 30 days. I guarantee you will be surprised by the results.

Anyways, sorry for the derail!

Street Pharmacist
02-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Heh. I actually already knew they were white because you didn't mention their race. I just wanted to raise that point.

I know a lot people will have a problem with me mentioning this but I feel like it's necessary to counteract all the subtle racist crap we experience on a day to day level. People often attach the race of a perpetrator to a crime when they are relaying back a story but skip the mention of race when the perpetrator is white. It might not seem like a big deal but it leads to some really messy things. Ex: Where people think that certain races are more likely to act in a some manner when there is no proof for that.

More specifically, the stereotype of bad East Asian drivers. Whenever you see a bad East Asian driver, you chalk it up to their race and it just compounds on the stereotype that you have built in your head. A nice little experiment is to account for race in every single bad driving experience that you have for the next 30 days. I guarantee you will be surprised by the results.

Bad drivers are from BC, of all races.

Trailer Fire
02-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Bad drivers are from BC, of all races.

That's cause we are used to hills and corners. Most Albertans that come to BC freak out cause of these things called hills and corners. We see a straight stretch, which is pretty much all you've got out there, and we instantly think 'drive fast'

Badgers Nose
02-03-2013, 06:31 PM
The Dome is a disgraceful hive of scum and villainy.

May have seen OP on concourse and it was a brutal crowd. That stadium is a joke and I hate having to navigate it just to see my team play. Calgary deserves way better.

Flames_Gimp
02-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Does it seem like it's even more crowded this season than last, or am I just on crack?

Flames_Gimp
02-03-2013, 07:09 PM

ya i was just joking around anyways, not even sure if one was a red head, just white guys.

If they were a different race I would have used racial slurs - you F with me because I'm disabled I'm going to hit you back with something just as demeaning.

Street Pharmacist
02-04-2013, 01:17 AM
That's cause we are used to hills and corners. Most Albertans that come to BC freak out cause of these things called hills and corners. We see a straight stretch, which is pretty much all you've got out there, and we instantly think 'drive fast'

No, no. Just bad drivers. Prime example: I drive good all my life, move to BC...bam...back into a power pole. Now suddenly I've got hc plates on and I'm a ####ty driver

Caged Great
02-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Does it seem like it's even more crowded this season than last, or am I just on crack?

It does seem like there are more people there. Perhaps the fans are just getting fatter.

SkunkyJosh
02-04-2013, 05:06 AM
Do you have a blog, twitter or livejournal to make you feel better?

Flames_Gimp
02-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Do you have a blog, twitter or livejournal to make you feel better?

not sure if this a shot at me or a serious question, if it's the latter then no I don't, I usually get treated to a taste of discrimination at this level only about once a year, so an ongoing blog is pointless.

Reaper
02-04-2013, 04:44 PM
This stuff never happens when I go to a game with you. (cough... Blues on the 15th... cough)

But seriously, I think I would have broken my foot off in their collective ass.

CaptainCrunch
02-04-2013, 05:05 PM
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/62075/wedgie.gif

Dion
02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
oMyjVpag8os

Mean Mr. Mustard
02-04-2013, 06:46 PM
How does that relate at all? Edit: I know that Flames_Gimp and the guy in the video are both in wheelchairs... but that is where the similarities stop between the two stories.

Bertuzzied
02-04-2013, 06:47 PM
This stuff never happens when I go to a game with you. (cough... Blues on the 15th... cough)

But seriously, I think I would have broken my foot off in their collective ass.

Did Gimp break out the "you gotta wipe my ass" routine on you?

MoneyGuy
02-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Why didn't someone step in to help you, FG? I'm not a big guy and may have had my ass kicked, but that would not have stopped me. I'd have stepped in to help, and have on occasion. I'm shocked bystanders let those tools do that crap.

Flames_Gimp
02-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Why didn't someone step in to help you, FG? I'm not a big guy and may have had my ass kicked, but that would not have stopped me. I'd have stepped in to help, and have on occasion. I'm shocked bystanders let those tools do that crap.

well it happened so fast and was in the most crowded spot - near the NE entrance where they open the big overhead door (if every one would just go out that way it would be a lot easier) and to get from the WC section to that exit is a PITA. I feel like a spawning salmon ffs

Flames_Gimp
02-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Did Gimp break out the "you gotta wipe my ass" routine on you?

If I'm treating him to a game it's the least he can do!

one of the biggest perks of being in a wheelchair is getting away with pooping your pants, it would be a shame not to take full advantage of all the perks.

Badgers Nose
02-05-2013, 03:58 PM

Yes! I actually heard a few people say that where the bathrooms and bars meet up - I think the section was 106.

In a normal season, you have pre-Christmas when the Dome is quiet. Then it gets busy as playoffs approach.

This year feels like it is last few weeks of a normal season where the Flames are in 6th place and looking good for playoffs. Everyone want to ride on the wagon.

At this rate it will be quiet again soon.

keratosis
02-05-2013, 04:25 PM
one of the biggest perks of being in a wheelchair is getting away with pooping your pants, it would be a shame not to take full advantage of all the perks.
Sarcasm noted.

CaptainYooh
02-05-2013, 04:35 PM
10-12 years ago, two guys sitting behind us spilled beer all over my son and his buddy. They said sorry right away but I was quite mad, nevertheless. Didn't want to make a scene in front of the kids though and just told them to be more careful. In the intermission, they bought beer for me and a whole bunch of Flames stuff for the kids - hats, flags, pins plus ice cream. Very classy, I thought.

malcolmk14
02-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Oh man that's awesome. For ten stories about ######bags spilling beer on people I'm sure there's one or two where the people actually feel bad and do something to try make it better. That's a great story.

craig.caulks
02-06-2013, 03:06 PM

Guess what, every racial group does that.

Reaper
02-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Did Gimp break out the "you gotta wipe my ass" routine on you?We were roommates and co-season ticketholders at one point. I've heard it all from him.