PDA

View Full Version : Nail Yakupov scores and acts like an idiot once again.

Pages : [1] 2 3

puckluck2
01-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Man, Theo scored a game 7 forcing overtime goal. He scored a tying goal in the third game.

Classless d-bag.

Bertuzzied
01-24-2013, 10:41 PM
I really liked the BP's pizza box on the ice though. All those edmonton oiler cheerleaders were going nuts!

Anduril
01-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Really? I mean, yes let's rag on the Oilers when we can but an 18 scoring just his 2nd NHL goal, right after his team has a goal taken away from him in the dying seconds of the game (which if any of our kids did and celebrated appropriately, we would reward him by saying 'great emotion!').

OILFAN #81
01-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Yeah no. The game is in Edmonton and he tied the game up with 4.7 seconds left. It was a huge goal and the fans were pumped especially after that BS no goal call. Love it!

spiteface
01-24-2013, 10:42 PM
dont hate the playa hate the game

Fozzie_DeBear
01-24-2013, 10:43 PM
The fact that he was excited about scoring is understandable, the Oilers and Yakupov had just gotten robbed of the tying goal...

However the fact that he skated through all his teammates to celebrate by himself tells you what this guy is made of.

Bertuzzied
01-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Really? I mean, yes let's rag on the Oilers when we can but an 18 scoring just his 2nd NHL goal, right after his team has a goal taken away from him in the dying seconds of the game (which if any of our kids did and celebrated appropriately, we would reward him by saying 'great emotion!').

THERE IS NO FRICKING WAY WE would condone any of our players doing that on a game tying goal in game 3 of the regular season! :bag::bag::bag::bag::bag::bag::bag::bag::bag::bag: :bag::bag::bag::bag:

Rocky Raccoon
01-24-2013, 10:44 PM
I can't stand the Oilers but I was fine with the celebration; good for him for bringing some raw excitement and emotion to the game. Perhaps if some of the Flames players got excited about skilled plays, the rest of the team would embrace the culture and show a little more positive emotion and excitement on the ice and we would see more skill.

kyuss275
01-24-2013, 10:46 PM
THERE IS NO FRICKING WAY WE would condone any of our players doing that on a game tying goal in game 3 of the regular season! :bag::bag::bag::bag::bag::bag::bag::bag::bag::bag: :bag::bag::bag::bag:

That's because country clubs don't have those type of members

skudr248
seriously who cares.... I LOVE these celebrations, come on, shows heart, emotion, brings fans to their feet rather than the iggy cele, pull out the teeth guard and pump hands... wooo! boring

dino7c
pushed his team mates out of the way to do that...tying goal in game 3 of the season

Bertuzzied
That's because country clubs don't have those type of members

dbags?

Winsor_Pilates
dont hate the playa hate the game
I hate hockey!

dammage79
01-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Meh.

Orton14
01-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Even malkin or Ovie wouldn't of done that

Matty81
01-24-2013, 10:50 PM
I thought it was funny... But yeah wildly inappropriate. Between that and the stands it looked like they were having a white trash theme night at rexall.

It was like the ricki lake show of the nhl there tonight.

dino7c
01-24-2013, 10:52 PM
in only hurts them down the road, getting opponents fired up for no reason

puckluck2
Theo didn't mind it.

Hey everyone thanks 4 remembering me tonight. Great celly by Yak! Just got 150 tweets after the goal. Love the raw emotion of scoring big G
10:41pm - 24 Jan 13

OILFAN #81
pushed his team mates out of the way to do that...tying goal in game 3 of the season

He did not push his teammates out of the way. Eberle let him celebrate and moved out of the way. Yakupov loves the game and was excited on tying the game up. This happens every time in the World Junior tournament. It's one thing when you are showing the other team up, but this in no way showed up the Kings. If the kid shows no heart, people say he doesn't care.

calgarybean
01-24-2013, 10:53 PM
i liked it...miss Theo theatrics

dino7c
01-24-2013, 10:54 PM
I can't stand the Oilers but I was fine with the celebration; good for him for bringing some raw excitement and emotion to the game. Perhaps if some of the Flames players got excited about skilled plays, the rest of the team would embrace the culture and show a little more positive emotion and excitement on the ice and we would see more skill.

yeah all that excitement and skill has done a lot for the Oilers

30th 30th 29th

Azure
01-24-2013, 10:55 PM
He did not push his teammates out of the way. Eberle let him celebrate and moved out of the way. Yakupov loves the game and was excited on tying the game up. This happens every time in the World Junior tournament. It's one thing when you are showing the other team up, but this in no way showed up the Kings. If the kid shows no heart, people say he doesn't care.

So now we're comparing the World Junior tournament to Game 3 of the NHL regular season?

:rolleyes:

albertGQ
01-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Nail didn't only get the first star of the game, he also won the Conn Smythe trophy. No wonder he was acting like a tool.

malcolmk14
01-24-2013, 10:58 PM
However the fact that he skated through all his teammates to celebrate by himself tells you what this guy is made of.

This!

Super Nintendo Chalmers
01-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Until there's a better version

fh4bBA5bEuA

Cleveland Steam Whistle
01-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Man, Theo scored a game 7 forcing overtime goal. He scored a tying goal in the third game.

Classless d-bag.
Sure it was excessive for the situation, and I'm sure someone took note and he'll be made to pay at a later date, but lets not get carried away with the classless stuff.

Never gonna complain about emotion and personality being added to the league, even if I don't agree with it. It just makes for future exciting story lines which is fun :)

Bertuzzied
01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Nail didn't only get the first star of the game, he also won the Conn Smythe trophy. No wonder he was acting like a tool.

"Hey Yakupov! You just scored the tying goal in game 3 of the regular season! Where are you going to go? "

"I'm going to West Edmonton Mall!"

You Need a Thneed
That doesn't hold a candle to Theo's famous celebration. Though, Theo's was in a little bit bigger game.

moon
This happens every time in the World Junior tournament.

I have watched a lot of WJHC games and cant remember a celebration like that at all.

Even when teams scored OT winners for medals.

sun
01-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Hated that Theo did it. Hated it when this goof did it. This isn't soccer.

flamesrule14
01-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Wasn't he the jackass that shot the puck in the net after the whistle tonight too? Celebration was a little overboard for game 3 of the season. Keeps pulling stunts like this and it's only a matter of time before someone is going to take offence to it and just clock him.

BigT112
01-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Maybe one day the Flames will have a core of young talented players and our players will celebrate like that. What depresses me is how dead the Saddledome is compared to the fans in Edmonton. The place is a funeral compared to Rexall.

kirant
01-24-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure. I like Iginla's non-flashy celebration.

Scores 50? Looks for his teammates. Scores 50 a second time? Skates towards his team. Scores 1000? Yup. Scores 500? Yup.

I forget who said it, but I think an NFL coach had said that the celebration that hurts the most were the ones where you put the ball down and walked to your bench. You've been there so many times that there's no reason to celebrate. I'm inclined to agree.

Bertuzzied
01-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Maybe one day the Flames will have a core of young talented players and our players will celebrate like that. What depresses me is how dead the Saddledome is compared to the fans in Edmonton. The place is a funeral compared to Rexall.

We should litter the dome every nite!!

Corral
01-24-2013, 11:08 PM

Whatever. Few agree with this dribble.

Listen - let me give you some advice. Knowledgeable and veteran Flames fans are guarded in their hate for the Oil these days and are taking cover as we can see the tide is about to turn on the battle of alberta.

Gundo
Kid scores a goal on home ice with under 5 seconds left after how many chances tonight. A bit excessive sure, understandable absolutly.

I get it we are Flames fans but if your a realist you should be envious of the future the Oilers have ahead of them in comparison to the are we gonna rebuild are we not game Calgarys been playing the last few seasons.

I'm a Flames die hard but I recognize a talented young team in transition when I see one, frankly the "they're building something special" joke is getting old. Because if you compare the the 2-3 year outlook between the 2 teams one of them has a direction and its not the one we are cheer for.

MrMastodonFarm

It's two extremes. Neither are great but Oiler fans showing a huge dumb side tonight. I'll take the fans that don't throw garbage on the ice.

topfiverecords
01-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Some people's kids these days :no:

polak
01-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Yeah definitely a bit much.

Wise Gamble
01-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Well Iginla's been there done that. He scores 50 he acts like it's no big deal because that's who he is. Love all the jealous haters here who won't ever see the ice in the NHL knocking on a kid that was happy to score a game tying goal. I hate the Oilers just like everyone else but the celebration isn't a big deal.

Bertuzzied
01-24-2013, 11:10 PM

Listen - let me give you some advice. Knowledgeable and veteran Flames fans are guarded in their hate for the Oil these days and are taking cover as we can see the tide is about to turn on the battle of alberta.

Wow you showed up again! Where were you when the Oilers let in 6 goals in the first period against the Sharks? You don't have to pretend to be a Flames fan to post on here you know.

MrMastodonFarm
01-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Well Iginla's been there done that. Love all the jealous haters here who won't ever see the ice in the NHL knocking on a kid that was happy to score a game tying goal. I hate the Oilers just like everyone else but the celebration isn't a big deal.

Exactly, class vs trash

Azure
01-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Wasn't he the jackass that shot the puck in the net after the whistle tonight too? Celebration was a little overboard for game 3 of the season. Keeps pulling stunts like this and it's only a matter of time before someone is going to take offence to it and just clock him.

Hall did it too. Typical Oilers.

Corral
01-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Hated that Theo did it. Hated it when this goof did it. This isn't soccer.

I call BS on this. Really? As a Flames fan, how could you actually hate Theo's celebration against the Oilers in an OT playoff game. Give me a break.

Wise Gamble
01-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Iginla did that, when?

Was responding to the guy who said Iginla doesn't celebrate like that when he scores 50 goals because he's "been there done that" like it's no big deal.

BigT112
01-24-2013, 11:13 PM
It's two extremes. Neither are great but Oiler fans showing a huge dumb side tonight. I'll take the fans that don't throw garbage on the ice.

I agree that throwing stuff on the ice is pretty childish, and I would be embarrassed if it happened in Calgary, but I think you can be rowdy and put some life into the building without having to litter all over the ice. It wouldn't hurt the Flames to have the building rocking every so often.

Back2Back
Best celebration of all time, Yakupov is going to be a true superstar.

Theo Fleury tweeted

Theo Fleury ‏@TheoFleury14
Hey everyone thanks 4 remembering me tonight. Great celly by Yak! Just got 150 tweets after the goal. Love the raw emotion of scoring big G

The Ditch
Excitement, celebration!? In my sports entertainment field!? No, this is not acceptable.

Azure
01-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Good God. Now they're all coming out of the woodwork.

moon
Well Iginla's been there done that. He scores 50 he acts like it's no big deal because that's who he is. Love all the jealous haters here who won't ever see the ice in the NHL knocking on a kid that was happy to score a game tying goal. I hate the Oilers just like everyone else but the celebration isn't a big deal.

Its not bad enough to get the garbage "Flames fans better be jealous of the last place 3 times in a row, no defense, no goaltending Oilers" now we get the "jealous of the guy because he plays in the NHL" crap as well.

It sure isn't possible that people think his assinine celebration was over the top because we haven't seen it done the 1000's of other times guys have scored game tying goals late in meaningless games nope the only explanation can be that we are jealous that the guy plays in the NHL.

Orton14
The win one game and now there the most exciting team ever I take Chicago or Pitts lineup over the oil

kirant
01-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Good God. Now they're all coming out of the woodwork.
http://crossfitriverside.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/batman-and-catwoman-the-gotham-rogues-and-so-it-begins.jpg

So it begins.

kyuss275
01-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Not sure what flames fans are so upset about? If anything we should be embarrassed that an 18 year old Oiler just showed more emotion in one play than the flames have in 3 years.

Bertuzzied
01-24-2013, 11:16 PM
I call BS on this. Really? As a Flames fan, how could you actually hate Theo's celebration against the Oilers in an OT playoff game. Give me a break.

If you keep telling yourself you are a Flames fan you will be a Flames fan! Keep it up!

Wise Gamble
01-24-2013, 11:17 PM
Its not bad enough to get the garbage "Flames fans better be jealous of the last place 3 times in a row, no defense, no goaltending Oilers" now we get the "jealous of the guy because he plays in the NHL" crap as well.

It sure isn't possible that people think his assinine celebration was over the top because we haven't seen it done the 1000's of other times guys have scored game tying goals late in meaningless games nope the only explanation can be that we are jealous that the guy plays in the NHL.

Yeah the Flames....times have changed in Alberta... the Oilers aren't as bad as they use to be. Tanking for awhile does that I guess.

Bertuzzied
01-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Yeah the Flames....times have changed in Alberta... the Oilers aren't as bad as they use to be. Tanking for awhile does that I guess.
??

30,30,29. You are right!

Wise Gamble
01-24-2013, 11:19 PM
??

30,30,29. You are right!

Agreed. It's about time they're decent.

Orton14
01-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Showed Calgary up. You now have terrell Owens on your team this will get old fast especially when he demands a trade in a few years

pikester
01-24-2013, 11:22 PM
What?, a talented Russian player actually showed some emotion being able to help his team succeed & to show what he can do?! THE NERVE!!!!!! As has already been mentioned a few times, that sort of emotion absent from the Flames line-up is exactly why they will likely finish out of the playoffs... yet again.

Corral
01-24-2013, 11:24 PM
If you keep telling yourself you are a Flames fan you will be a Flames fan! Keep it up!

Lets have a virtual faceoff. Test me with some Flames trivia that you think only a true Flames fan would know the answer. Its a gamble on my part for sure ... but i'll take a shot at the answer to prove you wrong about me.

Igottago
I fail to see what the big deal is. Young kid scores a late goal and gets a little excited. I wouldn't be upset if Sven did that.

Trailer Fire
Showed Calgary up. You now have terrell Owens on your team this will get old fast especially when he demands a trade in a few years

Das racist. FYI his contract is up at the end of the year.

VANFLAMESFAN
Don't have much issue with it. But not a huge fan of it either. But I don't think it was classless or anything nasty like that.

I understand the enthusiasm given the circumstance of the moment. I understand he's a young kid. But if keeps it up, players around the league will take notice and he will become a target. Jump in the glass, go nuts, fine. Sliding down the ice is different.

I would think Smyth, Horcoff or one of the vets will tell him to cool it just a smidge. If this were to continue, it could lead to bad things for Nail.

evman150
01-24-2013, 11:25 PM
I thought it was awesome.

Back2Back
01-24-2013, 11:26 PM
http://theoddmanrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/YakupovCelebrates.gif

JohnnyB
01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Playing games is for fun. He's obviously winning at that.

Damn him!

Bertuzzied
01-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Lets have a virtual faceoff. Test me with some Flames trivia that you think only a true Flames fan would know the answer. Its a gamble on my part for sure ... but i'll take a shot at the answer to prove you wrong about me.

As a Flames fan I can be the biggest Oilers fan too. Thanx google!

nik-
01-24-2013, 11:31 PM
haha, it just really doesn't get any less ridiculous with multiple views considering it's game 3. Is he crying at the end?

VANFLAMESFAN
01-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Any chance of changing the thread title. Makes Flames fans look like bitter, jealous goofs.

"Nail Yakupov Goal/Celebration" would suffice, no?

MrMastodonFarm
01-24-2013, 11:33 PM
haha, it just really doesn't get any less ridiculous with multiple views considering it's game 3. Is he crying at the end?

I love the end. It appears he's looked around the arena, remembered he's in Edmonton and fell to the ice in depression.

Seachd

Classless d-bag.

Calm down, Gramps. We'll be off your lawn when we're done.

Captain_Obvious
Yeah no. The game is in Edmonton and he tied the game up with 4.7 seconds left. It was a huge goal and the fans were pumped especially after that BS no goal call. Love it!

lol BS no goal call?

The flagrant cross check should have stopped the play before anything... and then Quick was bowled over and stood on.

That was 100% the right call.

Bertuzzied
01-24-2013, 11:34 PM
I love the end. It appears he's looked around the arena, remembered he's in Edmonton and fell to the ice in depression.

I'm pretty sure he was looking for the West Ed dolphins.

killer_carlson
01-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Id love to hear wht Sutter had to say about that celebration!,

Seachd
lol BS no goal call?

The flagrant cross check should have stopped the play before anything... and then Quick was bowled over and stood on.

The cross check should have been a penalty. But it wasn't and doesn't have any bearing on the goal call.

And you need to watch the replay a few more times.

Bertuzzied
lol BS no goal call?

hahah. He was like Golden Tate on the Packers DB in the end zone.

king_amonte
01-24-2013, 11:36 PM
No one will remember the celebration when we beat them on Saturday night!

Seachd
01-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Id love to hear wht Sutter had to say about that celebration!,

Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer (https://twitter.com/dantencer) Will air Darryl Sutter on CHED as soon as we can bleep out the f-bomb...

Although I'm not sure that has to do with the celebration. More the officiating, I'd imagine.

Captain_Obvious
01-24-2013, 11:37 PM
The cross check should have been a penalty. But it wasn't and doesn't have any bearing on the goal call.

The cross check should have stopped the play (which is beside the point), but that was goaltender interference in every sense of the term. I think you need to look up that rule.

That goal was waived off for a reason and it was the right call.

MrMastodonFarm
01-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Calm down, Gramps. We'll be off your lawn when we're done.

Oh good, Seachd is here. All we need now is for Cerebral to show up. Sundeep around?

OILFAN #81
01-24-2013, 11:38 PM
lol BS no goal call?

Oh I agree 100% that it was goalie interference. I was watching the Kings feed on Center Ice and I thought the referee pointed as if it were a goal and then changed his mind later. If that was not the case, then it was the right call.

Captain_Obvious
01-24-2013, 11:38 PM
As for the celebration, it was way over the top. But what are you going to do? Not a big deal.

The "bull ####" chant and raining trash all over the ice was over the top as well.

It's Edmonton.

None of this is unexpected.

Seachd
01-24-2013, 11:39 PM
The cross check should have stopped the play (which is beside the point), but that was goaltender interference in every sense of the term. I think you need to look up that rule.

That goal was waived off for a reason and it was the right call.

Pushed into goalie by opposing player ≠ goalie interference. Basic stuff.

Violator
Kids got some skill bats it out of the air to

Seachd
Oh good, Seachd is here. All we need now is for Cerebral to show up. Sundeep around?
Anything to brighten your day.

Corral
01-24-2013, 11:41 PM
As a Flames fan I can be the biggest Oilers fan too. Thanx google!

Weak. But i'm not surprised you backed down. Till next time ...

moon
01-24-2013, 11:43 PM

Who cares about the the BS tide of the battle of Alberta?

Knowledgeable and veteran Flames fans hold the team to higher standards than finishing higher or lower than the worst run organization in the NHL of the past 5 years.

Enjoy your time worrying about how the Flames can beat or not beat the pathetic Oilers and intelligent fans will worry about how they can work to win the Cup.

Captain_Obvious
01-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Pushed into goalie by opposing player ≠ goalie interference. Basic stuff.

He wasn't pushed. Watch it again. And not only does he interfere with him, he steps on him and ties him up getting in his way.

That couldn't have been a clearer instance of Goaltender Interference.

TSN showed it in slow motion about five times and continued to say "yes, it was goaltender interference".

Couldn't be a simpler call especially when watching it over a few times.

That was no goal and 100% the right call.

VANFLAMESFAN
01-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Oh I agree 100% that it was goalie interference. I was watching the Kings feed on Center Ice and I thought the referee pointed as if it were a goal and then changed his mind later. If that was not the case, then it was the right call.

If you believe it was goalie interference, then it was the right call.

Listening to Tencer right now and he was talking about how the referee conference at centre ice is a new initiative from the league. It's on the back ref to call the goal. But he can also go discuss with the ref and linesmen and have the right to take back the goal.

So the process in place here was the correct one. Whether or not it was goalie interference is the only debatable part of that sequence.

puckluck2
01-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Yakupov with an amazing goal to force game 4.

Captain_Obvious
01-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Whether or not it was goalie interference is the only debatable part of that sequence.

No, it's really not.

Maybe at the time the referees were talking it was up for debate, but we all saw it on TV and in slow motion.

That couldn't have been a more clear case of the goaltender interference.

Quick is pushed out of the net and stood on.

It was cut and dry.

Bertuzzied
01-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Weak. But i'm not surprised you backed down. Till next time ...

As a Flames fan i guess i will see you the next time the Oilers win, so you can fake outrage as to why the Flames can't do the same.

Brannigans Law
01-24-2013, 11:49 PM
This thread just reeks of butt hurt.

WCW Nitro
01-24-2013, 11:50 PM
I never understood why some fans are so obsessed about some arbitrary code of conduct regarding how players should act. If what a player does is within the rules, who cares. It's just a sport, not sure why people elevate it to something more meaningful.

HPLovecraft
01-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Lol @ the Oilers fans coming crawling around like the slugs they are after this game.

MrMastodonFarm
This thread just reeks of butt hurt.

I've been fairly consistent with my disgust of over the top celebrations.

OILFAN #81
If you believe it was goalie interference, then it was the right call.

Listening to Tencer right now and he was talking about how the referee conference at centre ice is a new initiative from the league. It's on the back ref to call the goal. But he can also go discuss with the ref and linesmen and have the right to take back the goal.

So the process in place here was the correct one. Whether or not it was goalie interference is the only debatable part of that sequence.

Thanks for the clarification. I think then it was the correct call.

VANFLAMESFAN
01-24-2013, 11:52 PM
No, it's really not.

Maybe at the time the referees were talking it was up for debate, but we all saw it on TV and in slow motion.

That couldn't have been a more clear case of the goaltender interference.

Quick is pushed out of the net and stood on.

It was cut and dry.

I agree, it was goalie interference. That's what the refs were talking about at center ice.

A lot of people were questioning how the ref could call a goal and then take it back a couple minutes later. That's really never happened before on a judgement call like that. YOu can't review goalie interference on video, but now with this new initiative, the refs can discuss and change the call.

pylon
This thread just reeks of butt.

Fixed.

I think it is all the Oiler fans occupying it.

Hockey
I loved the emotion the kid showed after scoring that goal. I had no problem with it at all. If he continues to celebrate like that after his 5th, 6th goal then I hope someone knocks him senseless.

squiggs96
01-24-2013, 11:53 PM
I don't mind him celebrating at all. It was a big goal, by a rookie, against the defending Cup champs. That said, maybe go hug your teammates instead of skating away from them all so the spotlight is only on you. The goal was scored by hard work from the whole team, not just the one guy in the right spot at the right time. I can't see Sven running away from his teammates in the situation. He'd run to the closest guy, wait for the others on the ice and then high five the guys on the bench.

I'm not taking away anything from the goal, the win, or any of that. I'm saying his everybody should only look at me attitude isn't great. He had it before the draft and he hasn't lessened it since he's been there.

doctajones428
01-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Agreed. It's about time they're decent.

Yup, they are officially "decent" because of three games.

:rolleyes:

To the person who said best celebration of all time... Really? Theo's had much more passion behind it, for obvious reasons

puckluck2
01-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Lol @ the Oilers fans coming crawling around like the slugs they are after this game.

Easter is officially cancelled in Shelbyville.

topfiverecords
01-24-2013, 11:55 PM
http://theoddmanrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/YakupovCelebrates.gif

What a clutch goal in triple overtime of game 7 to win your first Stanley Cup after 16 seasons in the league!

How about you try the Kesler Tumbleweed next time Yak. Can't wait till Sarich puts this little puke on his ass.

pikester
01-24-2013, 11:57 PM

Gagner was pushed into Quick by Skuderi before the puck went in which is why his skate got caught up in Quicks pad. Not a great call by the ref all around considering the interference was caused by a Kings player originally, never mind it was called a goal then called back after a very speedy officials "conference" during which no video replay was included. Just for the record I don't agree with the marginal "too many men" penalty on LA leading to the winning goal either; no doubt brought about as an attempt by the ref to save face after the shady goal call-back on the Oilers minutes before.

Game 3 of the regular season yes but it was almost a playoff type game with both teams playing real well & desperate for a win. Quick making 37 saves on 39 shots, at least 10 of which were top caliber scoring chances! Dubnyk playing very well also stopping 30 of 31, many of which were top quality as well.

Hockey_Ninja
01-24-2013, 11:58 PM
A part of me hopes Sven scores on Saturday and mocks his celebration.

Bertuzzied
01-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Gagner was pushed into Quick by Skuderi before the puck went in which is why his skate got caught up in Quicks pad. Not a great call by the ref all around considering the interference was caused by a Kings player originally, never mind it was called a goal then called back after a very speedy officials "conference" during which no video replay was included. Just for the record I don't agree with the marginal "too many men" penalty on LA leading to the winning goal either; no doubt brought about as an attempt by the ref to save face after the shady goal call-back on the Oilers minutes before.

Game 3 of the regular season yes but it was almost a playoff type game with both teams playing real well & desperate for a win. Quick making 37 saves on 39 shots, at least 10 of which were top caliber scoring chances! Dubnyk playing very well also stopping 30 of 31, many of which were top quality as well.

Because the lockout made it a 12 game season? hehe

topfiverecords
01-25-2013, 12:00 AM

Sven is all class. No chance.

Captain_Obvious
01-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Gagner was pushed into Quick by Skuderi before the puck went in which is why his skate got caught up in Quicks pad. .

No, he wasn't.

I have just watched it about six times in a row and if you're calling that a push that's the biggest reach I've heard in a while.

That was all Gagner, and he looked and stepped where he did on purpose.

Give it a rest. It was the right call, and the fact it was so easily accessible to us all in high definition slow motion on PVR's makes it really difficult for you to play the BS card.

kirant
01-25-2013, 12:02 AM
By what? Group hugging Backlund and Stempniak before stepping off the ice?

topfiverecords
01-25-2013, 12:03 AM
Man you'd think the Flames played the Oilers tonight with all the Oiler fans on here. Drivin home from Rexall in yer pickup drinkin Bud thinking first thing I get in the door I'm going on Calgarypuck to stand up for our #1 draft pick we earned.

Torch
01-25-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm a little Jealous. Wish we had some of that Talent. Nope we get Mr Gray Bush and his friends!

pikester
01-25-2013, 12:15 AM
No, he wasn't.

I have just watched it about six times in a row and if you're calling that a push that's the biggest reach I've heard in a while.

Give it a rest. It was the right call, and the fact it was so easily accessible to us all in high definition slow motion on PVR's makes it really difficult for you to play the BS card.

Um, I just looked again & from the behind the net angle Gagner is bent over looking at the puck facing Quick & Skuderi is right behind him with his left arm around Gagner & his stick across his waist directing him into Quick. Maybe it was more like "humping" Gagner into Quick than pushing but the end result is interference caused by the defender. BTW i saw this on my HD PVR clear as day! ;)

boggledepot
01-25-2013, 12:16 AM
I loved the emotion the kid showed after scoring that goal. I had no problem with it at all. If he continues to celebrate like that after his 5th, 6th goal then I hope someone knocks him senseless.

Yeah, I agree. It was a intense game at the end, and Jonathan Quick was a wall all night. The kid was fired up. It's nice to see a little passion. I don't think he was hot doggin' it.

GettinIggyWithIt
01-25-2013, 12:18 AM

What exactly is wrong with that conference call. I am pretty sure they're allowed to huddle and review the play. I think someone mentioned in the OOT thread that the play was not video reviewable (not sure if that's accurate or not...). Regardless, this call has been made several times in other games where the opposing player has been pushed into the goalie (including the Flames-Ducks game). It seems the onus is on the players to make every effort possible not to interfere - the leageu appears to be cracking down. It may have not been called last year but it's not unique thus far this season.

Playoff type game? You're kidding right? It's game 3 of the regular season. It was a nice comeback but let's not go overboard.

Super Nintendo Chalmers
01-25-2013, 12:20 AM
At first, I thought the celebration was too over the top. But then, I remembered how Quick collapsed afterwards because he also felt it was a big goal.

Cleveland Steam Whistle
01-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Goalies collapse the way Quick did frequently after allowing goals. How often do players react the way Yak did after scoring? I've already said I'm fine with his celebration, but quicks reaction was a dime a dozen, Yaks reaction is one of the more notable goal celebrations in the past two decades.

BigBird
01-25-2013, 12:26 AM
What a joke

Voice of reason
No, he wasn't.

Yah I watched it several times in HD also. You are way off base. He was pushed and then his skate got caught in the goalies equip. He was trying to pull away but could not. Take off your Oilers hate goggles and watch it again. I hope we dont get the same refs for Saturdays game against the Oil. They were a joke tonight and I am really looking forward to that game

Francis's Hairpiece
What a joke

Yes, the oilers as a whole are pretty bad.

sun
01-25-2013, 12:27 AM

Premature celebration. Gave the oilers even more incentive to win the next game. We all know how it ended in game 7, so big whoop. I cringe when I see it in montages on TV.

I don't like showboating. I would be embarrassed if any of our players did this in any scenario other than a series clincher, and even then...

Captain_Obvious
01-25-2013, 12:27 AM
Um, I just looked again & from the behind the net angle Gagner is bent over looking at the puck facing Quick & Skuderi is right behind him with his left arm around Gagner & his stick across his waist directing him into Quick. Maybe it was more like "humping" Gagner into Quick than pushing but the end result is interference caused by the defender. BTW i saw this on my HD PVR clear as day! ;)

Again, suggesting that was a push couldn't be any weaker.

You see anyone else here who isn't an upset Oiler fan agreeing with that? That was all Gagner. Move on.

Yah I watched it several times in HD also. You are way off base. He was pushed and then his skate got caught in the goalies equip. He was trying to pull away but could not. Take off your Oilers hate goggles and watch it again. I hope we dont get the same refs for Saturdays game against the Oil. They were a joke tonight and I am really looking forward to that game

You guys are unreal.

It couldn't have been any more clear, and was seen by the officials as clear as day.

TSN's announcers also stated emphatically that it WAS goaltender interference while showing it over and over.

I guess they all have "Oiler hate goggles" on also?

You guys are out to lunch. It was a very simple call to make, and it was the correct one.

They scored and won the game any way. Time to accept it and move on.

Francis's Hairpiece
01-25-2013, 12:28 AM

What was the call? How did it turn out?

Argue till you are blue in the face. That's going to help.:rolleyes:

dino7c

trust me, other teams have noticed...teams are going to be fired up to play them. Ask some old Flame players about Theo's celly in 1989...they will tell you it fired up the Oilers for game seven

he also celebrated like a clown when he scored to make the game 2-1 the other night...its gonna get old fast

Hells Bells
At first, I thought the celebration was too over the top. But then, I remembered how Quick collapsed afterwards because he also felt it was a big goal.

Goalies collapse like that after a 1-0 goal two minutes into a game.

Quick`s reaction in no way means it was a big goal.

dino7c
01-25-2013, 12:35 AM
its a big goal if the Oilers make the playoffs by one point...if it moves them from 29th to 28th overall not so much

Voice of reason
01-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Again, suggesting that was a push couldn't be any weaker.

You see anyone else here who isn't an upset Oiler fan agreeing with that? That was all Gagner. Move on.

You guys are unreal.

It couldn't have been anymore clear, and was seen by the officials as clear as day.

TSN's announcers also stated emphatically that it WAS goaltender interference while showing it over and over.

I guess they all have "Oiler hate goggles" on also?

You guys are out to lunch. It was a very simple call to make, and it was the correct one.

They scored and won the game any way. Time to accept it and move on.

Really? Cause when I watched them talking right after the game they said the refs followed the right procedure but Mac said that did not mean they made the right call. And one of the other announcers said it was the wrong call and should have been a goal. I am actually watching sportcenter right now and the announcer just said he was clearly pushed into the goalie. That was 30 seconds ago. Like I said. You are wrong. And now I will move on.

VANFLAMESFAN
01-25-2013, 12:40 AM
C obvious, people have different opinions. It's allowed. You've shared your views, no point repeating and repeating. You're not going to convince them like they're not going to convince you otherwise.

Captain_Obvious
01-25-2013, 12:41 AM
Really? Cause when I watched them talking right after the game they said the refs followed the right procedure but Mac said that did not mean they made the right call. And one of the other announcers said it was the wrong call and should have been a goal. I am actually watching sportcenter right now and the announcer just said he was clearly pushed into the goalie. That was 30 seconds ago. Like I said. You are wrong. And now I will move on.

I have the game PVR'd and the TSN announcers stated it WAS goaltender interference while watching the replay over and over.

I can't help you any more than that.

Suggesting that was a "push" that had Gagner draped all over Quick couldn't be any more weak, and is flat out wrong.

The right call was made on the ice. And you need to come to terms with it.

Captain_Obvious
01-25-2013, 12:43 AM
C obvious, people have different opinions. It's allowed. You've shared your views, no point repeating and repeating. You're not going to convince them like they're not going to convince you otherwise.

Thanks, but you're not here to police anything.

MissTeeks
01-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Meh, celebrate however you want. But if one more person on my Twitter feed calls it a "celly", I will find them and hurt them! So annoying.

Voice of reason
01-25-2013, 12:46 AM

Too true:) Thanks for the injection of intelligence:) Hopefully it will rub off.

VANFLAMESFAN
01-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Thanks, but you're not here to police anything.

Just trying to help you out. Can't imagine re hashing the same stance over and over would be fun.

As you were then. What are your thoughts on the goalie interference call?

Captain_Obvious
01-25-2013, 12:47 AM
ovv0vvsumVM

A very clear look at the play in question.

First, Gagner blatantly cross checks Doughty which should have killed the play to begin with (moot point).

Second, you can then see him lean to his right into Scurdi in an attempt to battle for position at which point he steps into Quick.

Goaltender interference. I'd wager at least 3 of the officials had a great view of it and it's why the (correct) call was made.

Captain_Obvious
01-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Just trying to help you out. Can't imagine re hashing the same stance over and over would be fun.

Unless it's you sticking up for Jim Hughson or defending the city of Vancouver... then it's no problem rehashing the same tired sentiment over and over and over and over... right friend?

Always great to hear you voicing your concern about my posts. I enjoy our exchanges and you telling me to "take care man".

Voice of reason
01-25-2013, 12:52 AM

As you were then. What are your thoughts on the goalie interference call?

Classic:)

VANFLAMESFAN
01-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Unless it's you sticking up for Jim Hughson or defending the city of Vancouver... then it's no problem rehashing the same tired sentiment over and over and over and over... right friend?

Always great to hear you voicing your concern about my posts. I enjoy our exchanges and you telling me to "take care man".

Thats All I do on this board is defend Hughson, you got me dead to rights. Probably haven't mentioned Hughson or got Into a Vancouver debate in months, but yeah, I just can't help myself from re hashing.

You win this battle. Take care man.

Fire in the disco
01-25-2013, 01:01 AM
Argument getting lame

Captain_Obvious
01-25-2013, 01:03 AM
Thats All I do on this board is defend Hughson, you got me dead to rights. Probably haven't mentioned Hughson or got Into a Vancouver debate in months, but yeah, I just can't help myself from re hashing.

You win this battle. Take care man.

There it is! Thanks, I will take care.

You know exactly what I am getting at. You telling someone not to repeat something couldn't be anymore rich. You have constantly gone on and on about Hughson and needlessly standing up for the City of Vancouver on countless occasions. Doesn't matter that it wasn't during the lockout. You've done it to the point of nausea on many occasions.

Aside from that delicious bit of irony, it's not on you to stifle debate about anything.

Your concern about the call from tonight was noted. Thanks again for that helpful drive by piece of commentary.

But you take care now, man.

TKB
01-25-2013, 01:07 AM
There it is! Thanks, I will take care.

You know exactly what I am getting at. You telling someone not to repeat something couldn't be anymore rich. You have constantly gone on and on about Hughson and needlessly standing up for the City of Vancouver on countless occasions. Doesn't matter that it wasn't during the lockout. You've done it to the point of nausea on many occasions.

Aside from that delicious bit of irony, it's not on you to stifle debate about anything.

Your concern about the call from tonight was noted. Thanks again for that helpful drive by piece of commentary.

But you take care now, man.

Congrats, you win the award for most annoying poster on CP!!!!

GettinIggyWithIt
01-25-2013, 01:07 AM

I get what you're saying and I am not disagreeing with you. But it seems odd to point this out in this specific situation only and for one poster. I mean I can think of a hundred instances on this board where individuals repeatedly share their views and have a back and forth debate/discussion.

Captain_Obvious
01-25-2013, 01:10 AM
I get what you're saying and I am not disagreeing with you. But it seems odd to point this out in this specific situation only and for one poster. I mean I can think of a hundred instances on this board where individuals repeatedly share their views and have a back and forth debate/discussion.

You'd think that... but he does this to me every now and then. It's the residual effect of having called him out on things in the past and he's got it in for me now. Although he'll deny it, that's where it stems from.

VANFLAMESFAN
01-25-2013, 01:21 AM
I think we have found out why VANFLAMESFAN is stuck behind the radio , instead of giving his opinion live on air.

His opinion is garbage.

/cheque please

Stuck behind the radio. I like that one.

Jets4Life
01-25-2013, 01:27 AM
IMHO, Calgary is a better city than Edmonton, but I think for the first time in recent memory, the Oilers will eclipse the Flames this year in the standings.

VANFLAMESFAN
01-25-2013, 01:28 AM
You'd think that... but he does this to me every now and then. It's the residual effect of having called him out on things in the past and he's got it in for me now. Although he'll deny it, that's where it stems from.

I thought when we say "take care man", that's the end of it for now.

No?

VANFLAMESFAN
01-25-2013, 01:30 AM
IMHO, Calgary is a better city than Edmonton, but I think for the first time in recent memory, the Oilers will eclipse the Flames this year in the standings.

I think Saturday will be really telling in this regard.

renny
01-25-2013, 01:33 AM
who cares... it was a celebration... what i found more disgusting was the classless display by the fans, throwing their garbage on the ice... but i'm not surprised, it is edmonton afterall

CGY12
01-25-2013, 01:36 AM
Agreed, thought it was stupid as well, he'll learn. Oiler fans still rag on Fluery for what he did and that was in game 6 in the stanley cup playoffs, now all of a sudden its ok in game 3 of the regular season.

Other then that great resiliency by the dbags up north.

VANFLAMESFAN
01-25-2013, 01:37 AM
who cares... it was a celebration... what i found more disgusting was the classless display by the fans, throwing their garbage on the ice... but i'm not surprised, it is edmonton afterall

There's also an element that if this continues and it's accepted, then what's next? What's the next over the top celebration to hit hockey?

Francis's Hairpiece
01-25-2013, 01:38 AM
There's also an element that if this continues and it's accepted, then what's next? What's the next over the top celebration to hit hockey?

Open mouth kissing between sedins?

Captain_Obvious
01-25-2013, 01:47 AM
I thought when we say "take care man", that's the end of it for now.

No?

No, when you say it, I find it funny and was mocking you by repeating it.

I was debating someone about the missed call and you did a drive by rooted in your spite towards me.

I was finished with you, and was talking to GettinIggyWithIt above. You still have an issue with me debating the call from the game tonight?

Minnie
01-25-2013, 01:53 AM
Shouldnt you be sucking Jim Hughson off or something?

Awwwwww, aren't you the cutest little honeybunch, sugarplum, pumpy-umpy-umpkin, sweetie pie, cuppycake, gumdrop, snoogums-boogums ray of sunshine. :wub:

Minnie
01-25-2013, 02:15 AM
I think we have found out why VANFLAMESFAN is stuck behind the radio , instead of giving his opinion live on air.

His opinion is garbage.

/cheque please

Shouldnt you be sucking Jim Hughson off or something?

Just quoting for posterity, since Momentum can't stand behind his remarks and edits them so he doesn't get banned for calling Photon a loser in another thread, amongst other things.

Flamenfame
01-25-2013, 02:19 AM
I joined cp to get my flames information , and find out whats going on with the team, and honestly I see way to much childish mocking of the Oilers and Canucks . Get back to being classy CP many eyes out of our fan base lurk here. :bag:

Brannigans Law
01-25-2013, 02:24 AM
I joined cp to get my flames information , and find out whats going on with the team, and honestly I see way to much childish mocking of the Oilers and Canucks . Get back to being classy CP many eyes out of our fan base lurk here. :bag:

I saw this coming a mile away with the Oilers this season. It was obvious alone with the goals for/against stat improving drastically and with a healthy line up and the additions of Schultz and Yakipov and another year of Dubynk getting better as a #1 starter that the Oilers were going to finally be better than us. I don't begrudge the Oilers or their fans. Especially their fans... they've sold out that crappy arena for years with the worst team in history crapping the ice on a nightly basis. They've earned a run of better hockey. Let them all enjoy it.

Flamenfame
01-25-2013, 02:37 AM
I saw this coming a mile away with the Oilers this season. It was obvious alone with the goals for/against stat improving drastically and with a healthy line up and the additions of Schultz and Yakipov and another year of Dubynk getting better as a #1 starter that the Oilers were going to finally be better than us. I don't begrudge the Oilers or their fans. Especially their fans... they've sold out that crappy arena for years with the worst team in history crapping the ice on a nightly basis. They've earned a run of better hockey. Let them all enjoy it.
I don't mind the Oilers im from Red Deer but Flames are my first love for a team , and I just think we as a fan base should be a little more classy, like the guy in my avatar probably the classiest player ever to lace them up. Don't get me wrong There are A lot of great knowledgable posters in here , but there are a few in here that come off immature and butthurt and it gets tiresome at times and makes us as a fan base look petty imo sorry rant over.

Gary83
01-25-2013, 05:28 AM

BS no goal call? Are all Edmonton fans this stupid?

bubbsy
01-25-2013, 06:04 AM
Meh, I thought it was dumb last night, celebrating as though it was game 7 in the finals or something.

Now, who cares, it was over the top yes, but the oilers finally had something to cheer about.

We are going to be pretty sour this season based on which direction the flames are trending, and how it differs from just about every other team in the country.

PegCityFlamesFan
01-25-2013, 06:31 AM
Russia player shows no emotion and that means he doesn't care. Russian player shows emotion and he's a hotdog.

SportsJunky
01-25-2013, 06:53 AM
I hope Smyth and Horcoff had a few words for him afterwards. Wayyyyy over the top, even for a soccer loving European. We've seen it on the pitch time and again. I imagine he is going to employ the soccer diving tactics soon enough. Shortly thereafter the trade to Vancouver will need to take place.

SportsJunky
01-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Also, did Fleury call it a 'celly'? Really?

King Theo
01-25-2013, 06:54 AM
I have no problem with it. It has been done for years. Tiger Williams, riding the stick.

nfotiu
01-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Complaining about how your rivals celebrate is lame and embarrassing.

flambers
01-25-2013, 07:08 AM
I had no problem with it, plus the home town fans absolutely loved it.......

Ducay
01-25-2013, 07:14 AM
Also, did Fleury call it a 'celly'? Really?

You've clearly never spoken to a hockey player. Thats what everyone calls it.

Thought thread was dumb and baseless until I watched the video.....what a joke.

StrykerSteve
01-25-2013, 07:17 AM

Classless d-bag.

I would kill for someone on the Flames to play with that kind of emotion.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this.

I love this guy.

FakenHaken
01-25-2013, 07:19 AM
I have no problem with it. It has been done for years. Tiger Williams, riding the stick.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/299/385/TigerWilliams_display_image.jpg?1339128463
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/vcOZrGAHuIs/0.jpg

JiriHrdina
01-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Bit much for a regular season game , don't see how anyone can disagree with that. Yakupov is going to be great for the BOA because he is a really easy player to dislike

moon
01-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Russia player shows no emotion and that means he doesn't care. Russian player shows emotion and he's a hotdog.

I think there can be some middle ground where a guy shows emotion without sliding across the ice as though he scored the game 7 Cup winner.

Mike F
01-25-2013, 07:24 AM

Ya, and for a while hockey players were were calling goal "ginos". Both are terrible.

Hated Yakupov's celebration for many of the reasons already mentioned: it's game 3; he tied the game, he didn't win it; it was his second goal, so the whole "first goal ever excitement" excuse proved false; ran away from his teammates to celebrate by himself, etc.

I agree there should be emotion and excitement in hockey, but it can be displayed in a way that doesn't involve showboating.

SportsJunky
01-25-2013, 07:26 AM

Thought thread was dumb and baseless until I watched the video.....what a joke.
Clearly.

StrykerSteve
01-25-2013, 07:29 AM
My fellow Flames fans need to stop riding their high horse when it comes to the Oilers fans. They're a team of underachievers, have had many, many years of futility, and they continue to come out in droves to watch them play. Good on them. I'm glad they have an exciting team to watch, let's just hope that we have ourselves a fun, competitive game to watch on Saturday night.

Mike F
01-25-2013, 07:31 AM
I would kill for someone on the Flames to play with that kind of emotion.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this.

I love this guy.

Iginla can play with a tonne of emotion, it's just directed at things other than self centered theatrics

4MKavcCvDIU

SportsJunky
Shut it StrykerSteve.

MRCboicgy

Thanks for posting this. Only in Canada would we get bent out of shape about some 18 year old kid jumping around after scoring in his 3rd game ever. I would have killed for that kind of emotion last year 'round here.

Honestly, threads like this are what makes this board less and less desirable a place for Flames fans to want to come and discuss things intelligently. Save this crap for HF or some other dark corner of the net. Let's lock this and move on, or merge with the OOT thread...sheesh.

Now, if he keeps doing it after every goal, then, yeah, this discussion needs to be had and we can pile on the Oilers.

SportsJunky
01-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Jeezus. Where is Reggie Dunlop when we need him. What the hell is going on around here?

StrykerSteve
01-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Shut it StrykerSteve.

Yeah, that's it, let's turn on ourselves, that's going to be productive.

Cowperson
01-25-2013, 07:40 AM

Classless d-bag.

I like it. The league could use more colourful characters.

Of course, other colourful characters are going to beat him up for it but that's all part of adding more colour too.

Cowperson

North East Goon
01-25-2013, 07:40 AM
Meh, not really a big deal at all. Ovie used to and sometimes still does act like a wild man after his goals. The Oilers fandom is going to be out in full force Saturday - me thinks.

Hockeyguy15
01-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Who cares, he didn't do anything obscene. Was it over the top? Sure. Immature? Maybe, but the kid is 18 and not everyone is going to be mature at that age.

One of two things is going to happen...Either he was just caught up in the moment and he learns from the situation and matures as the season goes on, or he continues to have over the top celebrations and other teams get mad and old time justice prevails.

Life goes on, it wasn't a big deal.

calumniate
01-25-2013, 07:45 AM
He has so much to learn. He should have done the Andrew Ference middle finger, or the Will Ferrell striptease on ice

Resolute 14
01-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Yakupov has two major problems. The first, is that he is a complete d-bag, albeit a highly skilled one. The over-the-top celebration last night is just par for the course with him. The second is that he often skates with his head down. If he chooses to make a habit of embarrassing his opponents with the idiotic celebrations, he's going to find out the hard way that nobody is going to let up when they catch him in the trolley tracks with his chin glued to his chest.

Joborule
01-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Thanks for posting this. Only in Canada would we get bent out of shape about some 18 year old kid jumping around after scoring in his 3rd game ever. I would have killed for that kind of emotion last year 'round here.

Honestly, threads like this are what makes this board less and less desirable a place for Flames fans to want to come and discuss things intelligently. Save this crap for HF or some other dark corner of the net. Let's lock this and move on, or merge with the OOT thread...sheesh.

Now, if he keeps doing it after every goal, then, yeah, this discussion needs to be had and we can pile on the Oilers.

No kidding. Holy crap, talk about overreaction on a kid being hyped about scoring the game tying goal with seconds to spare in his 3rd game. Give me a break. How is this 10 pages?

Bertuzzied
01-25-2013, 07:52 AM
One thing lost in all this, don't you think the Kings will be gunning for his head the next time they play?

They are really going to Nail Yakupov.

normtwofinger
01-25-2013, 07:54 AM
I don't see the issue. His celebration was a bit over the top, considering how early in the season it is. But a complete and utter fool? No. That's an overreaction.

savemedrzaius
01-25-2013, 08:03 AM
I'd rather watch hockey with players that have emotion. Who wants to watch a bunch of robots on the ice?

I'm a Leafs fan and started following this forum after the Phaneuf trade because it seemed like there was a lot of hockey knowledge here, but it seems like the rivalry/jealousy of some Calgary fans have clouded their judgement.

So come on, this place is becoming HFboards Part II!

dash_pinched
01-25-2013, 08:04 AM
How is this 10 pages?

- People angry at the Yakupov celebration
- People finding no issue with the Yakupov celebration
- Actual discussion about the previous goal/no goal prior to the Yakupov goal
- Discussion about Jim Hughson's play-by-play work (who didn't call last night's game)

FlameFan21
01-25-2013, 08:09 AM
One thing lost in all this, don't you think the Kings will be gunning for his head the next time they play?

You hit the Nail right on the head.

Bertuzzied
01-25-2013, 08:11 AM

Well i don't skate too good, but Giordano and Sarich will hit the Nail right on the head.

Erick Estrada
01-25-2013, 08:13 AM
I don't have any issue with it considering how the Oilers likely had a lot of pent up frustration on the way the game was unfolding. However I get the feeling this kid is going to be in the news a lot and not always the right reasons. He's young though and he will learn over time that you have to pick your spots and for this goal I didn't think it was inappropriate given the circumstances.

StrykerSteve
01-25-2013, 08:15 AM
I think Oil fans should be thrilled, he played the sixth-lowest ice time on the team last night, and he's all over the highlight package for this game.

ricosuave
01-25-2013, 08:19 AM

All right, you dont have to hammer the point.

Flame Of Liberty
01-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Outrageous! Players should wear a tie and simply nod to acknowledge scored goals.

Give me a mindless drone who doesn't care he never played a NHL play off game over this enthusiastic fool any day!

Erick Estrada
01-25-2013, 08:22 AM
I just think we as a fan base should be a little more classy, like the guy in my avatar probably the classiest player ever to lace them up.

You are always going to have some bad apples but go to HF if you want to see classlessness. Oilers fans hate the Flames much more than Flames fans hate the Oilers. There are some low brow posters here but IMO they are a vocal minority. HF Oilers by comparison is comprised of at least 80% low brow posters.

Sainters7
01-25-2013, 08:25 AM
People are probably overreacting in this thread, what do you expect when its the division rivals? But that's still hot dogging, it just is. I remember hearing when Fleury did basically the exact same thing, there were even Flames players who didn't like it. And that was game 6 OT!

I actually like when a player shows emotion, its why I love Ovechkin. I think its the running past all his teammates part I didn't like, it was just so over the top. And did he break down in tears at the end? C'mon man..

Got dinner with the gf's family tonight, all big Oiler fans, and they've always overtly hated Ovechkin for his hot dogging. I can't wait to hear how they all love Yakupov's celebration just so I can laugh at the double standard. If Ovy did that they'd hate it, guaranteed.

stang
01-25-2013, 08:27 AM
I'm excited... There hasn't been a lot to be excited about, so it's fun to just take it one game at a time. Be happy for the wins when we get them.

Rubicant
People can celebrate however they want, but if he does this sort of thing for every goal, other teams are going to start targeting him physically.

As for the Theo celebration, it is one of the most iconic Flames clips there is. Unfortunately I think it fired up the Oilers to dominate us in game 7.

Kev
I wish the Flames had that kind of invested emotion in their games...

Flame Of Liberty
01-25-2013, 08:29 AM

Given that the Kings aren't a bunch of insecure butt hurt internet posters, I am going to guess the answer is no.

If they are going to Nail him, it will have nothing to do whether he slid across the ice or not.

valo403
01-25-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm okay with it, actually happy about it, since it allowed the cameras to catch that fat idiot in the grey hat to throw up some sort of gang sign (I can haz cheezburger posse?) and truly represent that trash heap of a town and fan base. Really glad the rest of the NHL got to see that.

moon
01-25-2013, 08:34 AM
LOL at the garbage "wish the Flames would have showed this emotion last year" crap.

The Kings didn't show this emotion they did okay, the Devils didn't show this type of emotion I think they did fine in the end last year.

This isn't emotion it is hot dogging jackassery.

Flame Of Liberty
01-25-2013, 08:40 AM
LOL at the garbage "wish the Flames would have showed this emotion last year" crap.

The Kings didn't show this emotion they did okay, the Devils didn't show this type of emotion I think they did fine in the end last year.

This isn't emotion it is hot dogging jackassery.

when our roster will be on par with LA then we can compare their emotion levels

so far, this team has shown precious little in terms of results and the fact they don't seem to have a lot of fire in them doesn't help either.

moon
01-25-2013, 08:42 AM
when our roster will be on par with LA then we can compare their emotion levels

so far, this team has shown precious little in terms of results and the fact they don't seem to have a lot of fire in them doesn't help either.

Showboating and doing a stupid ass celebration on a nothing goal does not show fire or emotion it shows stupidity.

valo403
01-25-2013, 08:43 AM

Yeah and I'm sure you'll promise not to just google it too

northcrunk
01-25-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't really mind the celebration but the garbage on the ice was just classless.

trumpethead
01-25-2013, 08:45 AM
People can celebrate however they want, but if he does this sort of thing for every goal, other teams are going to start targeting him physically.

As for the Theo celebration, it is one of the most iconic Flames clips there is. Unfortunately I think it fired up the Oilers to dominate us in game 7.

There ws no domination. We lost game 7 that year 5-4 in OT on a fluke goal by Esa Tikkanen. In fact, the Flames had a 3-0 lead in the first period of that game.

Sainters7
01-25-2013, 08:47 AM
There ws no domination. We lost game 7 that year 5-4 in OT on a fluke goal by Esa Tikkanen. In fact, the Flames had a 3-0 lead in the first period of that game.

That was my first ever gut punch game courtesy of the Flames. Many more have followed..

JazzyFlame
01-25-2013, 08:47 AM
lol, it was the kids first nhl goal. let it be.

lannysstache
01-25-2013, 08:48 AM
seriously who cares.... I LOVE these celebrations, come on, shows heart, emotion, brings fans to their feet rather than the iggy cele, pull out the teeth guard and pump hands... wooo! boring

Agreed!! People who think it was a foolish celebration are either secretly jealous of that teams talent or are extremely boring people......that was pure emotion and pure entertainment.

valo403
01-25-2013, 08:48 AM

Watch it for what? To see Quick blatantly interfered with a few more times?

Change of Heart
01-25-2013, 08:51 AM

it was his second

Sainters7
01-25-2013, 08:51 AM

No it wasn't. He scored in the San Jose debacle.

EDIT: What he said ^^

lannysstache
01-25-2013, 08:52 AM
yeah all that excitement and skill has done a lot for the Oilers

30th 30th 29th

Why do Flames fans hang our hat on the fact the Oilers have sucked the last 3 years........it is no different than hearing about their 80's dynasty.

Stop living in the past - fact of the matter is we have missed the playoffs for a number of years and so have they.......the crappy part is their team is stacked with talent and our is stacked with.........I am not sure yet but hopefully after Saturday we will know.

Hockeyguy15
01-25-2013, 08:54 AM
nm

DuffMan
01-25-2013, 08:54 AM
He sure showed up Gagner, who acts like he scored the winning goal in G7.SCF every time he scores.

Sainters7
01-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Why do Flames fans hang our hat on the fact the Oilers have sucked the last 3 years........it is no different than hearing about their 80's dynasty.

One happened a quarter of a century ago, the other is an ongoing streak regarding the current team. Not the same at all.

And by "last 3 years" do you mean the last 7?

FlamingLonghorn
01-25-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm not sure. I like Iginla's non-flashy celebration.

Scores 50? Looks for his teammates. Scores 50 a second time? Skates towards his team. Scores 1000? Yup. Scores 500? Yup.

I forget who said it, but I think an NFL coach had said that the celebration that hurts the most were the ones where you put the ball down and walked to your bench. You've been there so many times that there's no reason to celebrate. I'm inclined to agree.

Barry Sanders said something along the lines of "I hand the ball to the ref, because I like to act like I've been there before and that I will be there again."

EddyBeers
01-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Any chance of changing the thread title. Makes Flames fans look like bitter, jealous goofs.

"Nail Yakupov Goal/Celebration" would suffice, no?

Keep the thread name the same, pathetic thread deserves a pathetic title no? Oh my god, the Oilers celebrated after a goal, the shame they should feel.

Lithium
01-25-2013, 09:04 AM
One happened a quarter of a century ago, the other is an ongoing streak regarding the current team. Not the same at all.

7 years ago we were in the cup finals. The number you are looking for is 6.

Stay Golden
01-25-2013, 09:06 AM
This is just the beginning of Yakupov's over the top antics.
Oiler fans are saying it was warranted for Yakupov to go all nuts over a game tying goal in the dying seconds in the (3rd) game of the season. LMAO.
What are they going to say when he does something else outlandish scoring a goal in a 5-2 game, or even a go ahead goal in the second period, etc?
This guy is a Prima-donna attention whore and this is the way he is always going to act after he scores a goal or even assists on one.

Maybe not sliding down the ice 90ft but look what he did for his first goal. Nevermind this one.
Oiler fans are going to be talking out of both sides of their mouths about Yakupov. :bag:

IGGYFORMVP
01-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Given that the Kings aren't a bunch of insecure butt hurt internet posters, I am going to guess the answer is no.

If they are going to Nail him, it will have nothing to do whether he slid across the ice or not.

I've played enough hockey to know this quote is soooo wrong. I guarantee you they will target him. No one likes this kind of garbage. If you think we are all talking about it don't you think the Kings players may have took just a little bit of offense to that over the top display of ###### baggery?

burnitdown
01-25-2013, 09:08 AM
They were interviewing Jeremy Roenick on NHL Radio this morning and he says any commentator who complains about the celebration should have their mic taken away and no one in their right mind should be complaining about it. He said Yakupov is a young kid who just scored a huge goal...his celebration wasn't disrespecting the Kings...and he says 99% of players around the league will love the heart shown.

lannysstache
01-25-2013, 09:08 AM

Really? So.....what corporate tickets do you use to go to Flames games?

I don’t understand fans who just want to go to games and are more entertained by their cell phone, work client sitting beside them or the intermission sumo contest than the actual game?

The reffing in that game was terrible and if that was a Flames game I would have been livid.

I guess I am akin to agree with what soccer fans define as being a fan of a team!

Buying a red Flames jersey 30 minutes before you meet a colleague at the C-train entrance to the Dome where all you are hoping for is an entertaining game is not a fan in my mind........

Prediction - he responds by telling me he has had season tickets since the Corral days.........

Alberta_Beef
01-25-2013, 09:11 AM
I couldn't care less, but I am sure the Kings did and I expect Dustin Brown to show him what's up next time around.

troutman
01-25-2013, 09:13 AM
I didn't mind it, but he ignored his team-mates to grab the spot-light for himself. Reminded me of Vince Young at the end of the big Bowl Game. "Look at me!"

IGGYFORMVP
They were interviewing Jeremy Roenick on NHL Radio this morning and he says any commentator who complains about the celebration should have their mic taken away and no one in their right mind should be complaining about it. He said Yakupov is a young kid who just scored a huge goal...his celebration wasn't disrespecting the Kings...and he says 99% of players around the league will love the heart shown.

Why do people here keep quoting JR like he is some hockey god? First he says he had a career as good as Iginla's and now this? JR should come out of retirement and play with the Oilers. He would fit right in. He has to be one of my least favorite ex-NHL'ers.

lannysstache

Well if you a referring to missing the playoffs then you are looking for 6 years. 7 years ago they were in the Cup Final.

I don't define sucking as missing the playoffs - sucking is having no chance to even come close to the playoffs - which the Oilers have been for the last 3 years and you could argue 4 maybe 5 years.

Do I think the Flames sucked last year....no - we at least competed for a playoff spot...are we going to suck this year........TBD....

edn88
01-25-2013, 09:15 AM
I am happy that our rookie is classy. Team game, team celebration... seems reasonabe to me.

Lanny'sDaMan
01-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Really? So.....what corporate tickets do you use to go to Flames games?

I don’t understand fans who just want to go to games and are more entertained by their cell phone, work client sitting beside them or the intermission sumo contest than the actual game?

The reffing in that game was terrible and if that was a Flames game I would have been livid.

I guess I am akin to agree with what soccer fans define as being a fan of a team!

Buying a red Flames jersey 30 minutes before you meet a colleague at the C-train entrance to the Dome where all you are hoping for is an entertaining game is not a fan in my mind........

Prediction - he responds by telling me he has had season tickets since the Corral days.........

Wow, you sure picked the wrong guy to go at like this. Mastadon is decidedly an old time Flames fan. The guy is just as vociferous a fan as I am (and for the record I was at the first Flames game at the corral October 9th 1980 5-5 tie and have been a rock solid fan ever since)

Stay Golden
01-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Well if you a referring to missing the playoffs then you are looking for 6 years. 7 years ago they were in the Cup Final.

I don't define sucking as missing the playoffs - sucking is having no chance to even come close to the playoffs - which the Oilers have been for the last 3 years and you could argue 4 maybe 5 years.

Do I think the Flames sucked last year....no - we at least competed for a playoff spot...are we going to suck this year........TBD....

what is this we stuff. Your posts ooze Oiler fan.

Roof-Daddy
01-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Doesn't Yakupov do some sort of dumb celebration on assists too? I thought I seen a blurb on that somewhere, he sheaths his stick like its a sword or something?

I understand the excitement on this goal, but the slide down the ice was a bit much.

One thing is for sure, this guy is going to be a big part of bringing the BOA rivalry back to what it used to be.

StrykerSteve
01-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Doesn't Yakupov do some sort of dumb celebration on assists too? I thought I seen a blurb on that somewhere, he sheaths his stick like its a sword or something?

I understand the excitement on this goal, but the slide down the ice was a bit much.

One thing is for sure, this guy is going to be a big part of bringing the BOA rivalry back to what it used to be.

He does, and it's hilarious.

Dude is entertaining, we need more like him in the league.

Ezio
01-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Best celebration of all time, Yakupov is going to be a true superstar.

Theo Fleury tweeted

Theo Fleury ‏@TheoFleury14

What an obnoxious signature. lol.

Hockeyguy15
01-25-2013, 09:25 AM
He does, and it's hilarious.

Dude is entertaining, we need more like him in the league.

I disagree with him celebrating assists. That is more thread worthy than this goal celebration.

Jordan!
01-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Yeah, what a utter fool for entertaining thousands of fans after a lockout.. this thread has some ridiculous comments clouded by hatred for Edmonton and the Oilers. Which is no surprise on a Flames board but from someone who is numb to that:

THAT WAS GREAT!!!

The game needs more excitement and personalities in my opinion.

Kudos to Nail

lannysstache
01-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Wow, you sure picked the wrong guy to go at like this. Mastadon is decidedly an old time Flames fan. The guy is just as vociferous a fan as I am (and for the record I was at the first Flames game at the corral October 9th 1980 5-5 tie and have been a rock solid fan ever since)

So I take a stab at casual Flames fans and I don’t agree that Edmonton has sucked for the last 20 years and now I am an Oilers fan.....

The inferiority complex on this site gets worse by the day....

Stay Golden
01-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Eventually an opponent will get mad enough and crack him.
Yakapov will start taunting the other teams bench after a goal and he will bring it upon himself.
The media will say what a dirty hit from behind or whatever. That kind of hit was a complete disregard for the game.

Some of us will say i knew this was coming sooner or later.

Ezio
01-25-2013, 09:37 AM
trust me, other teams have noticed...teams are going to be fired up to play them. Ask some old Flame players about Theo's celly in 1989...they will tell you it fired up the Oilers for game seven

he also celebrated like a clown when he scored to make the game 2-1 the other night...its gonna get old fast

Oilers needed no motivation to get fired up. A team going into a game 7 against their archrivals should bring their 'A' game no matter what.

A celebration wouldn't change that.

Stay Golden
01-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Yeah, what a utter fool for entertaining thousands of fans after a lockout.. this thread has some ridiculous comments clouded by hatred for Edmonton and the Oilers. Which is no surprise on a Flames board but from someone who is numb to that:

THAT WAS GREAT!!!

The game needs more excitement and personalities in my opinion.

Kudos to Nail

its too bad Yakupov didn't do this in PHX but then again nobody would see it.

moon
01-25-2013, 09:41 AM

Inferiority complex of a team that finished 30,30,29 and has 0 defense and worse goaltending?

LOL

Lanny'sDaMan
01-25-2013, 09:49 AM
This looks like the place for this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBYUDGhCEAEMSPO.jpg:large

The Flying V!!!! When did Gordon Bombay start coaching the Oilers?

troutman
01-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Also, I doubt it was truly "spontaneous" - the whole thing seemed quite practiced.

Lanny'sDaMan
01-25-2013, 09:52 AM
So I take a stab at casual Flames fans and I don’t agree that Edmonton has sucked for the last 20 years and now I am an Oilers fan.....

What the? Where did I say anything about the Oilers in my post to you. : goes back to re-read my post : Wow I didn't even reference the Grease.. Weird. Perhaps you should take your meds this morning.

North East Goon
01-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Got too give kudo's to Edmonton, that crowd looked jacked and totally into that game. I bet it was a fun game to be at.

Stay Golden
01-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Also, I doubt it was truly "spontaneous" - the whole thing seemed quite practiced.

that was as spontaneous as the contrived reactions on a Reality show.

keenan87
01-25-2013, 09:55 AM
How is this any different than everyone creamin over Karlsson doing his celebrations on the ice?

I hate the Oilers and Yakupov but this board would be asking for signatures to be made if Baertschi had done that.

The guy is a rookie and probably now an instant fan favorite in Edmonton. It's not like he went up to the Kings bench and taunt them. At least these kids show excitement to their fans, while the Flames quite honestly are a boring team and more than 90% of the time, a pin drop can be heard at the dome.

North East Goon
01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
This board is going to be interesting if we get beat convincingly on Saturday.

H2SO4(aq)
01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
it was turbo over the top. i was at hudsons on campus at the u of a and i honestly couldnt stop laughing. people had tears running down their faces after his goal. truly one of the wierdest things ive ever witnessed for a reg season game. it was a huge goal, and an emotional celebration, but it was way over the top.

toothless grins have never been so wide.

ricosuave
01-25-2013, 10:00 AM
How is this any different than everyone creamin over Karlsson doing his celebrations on the ice?

Because Karlsson never went skating through a mob of his teammates to go sliding halfway down the ice on his knees to celebrate?

Ne7en
01-25-2013, 10:01 AM

Stoll's reaction around 8:15 mark... lol

mSf26iP4dqE