PDA

View Full Version : Eklund Crap

kyuss275
01-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Ektard not wasting anytime, the latest:

*The Stars very much want to sign Jamie Benn..hearing Montreal, LA, Calgary and the NY Islanders are all wiling to deal for him.

$ven27
01-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Sure would be nice, too bad it's Eklund.

Canada 02
01-12-2013, 09:57 PM
if Benn is available, every team in the league is interested

Northendzone
01-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Bend over.......it would be stunning if the stars were unable to come to terms with him.

Calgary4LIfe
01-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Fairly safe to say that 29 other teams would be wanting to trade for Benn. Doubtful he goes anywhere. Dallas will sign him.

Red John
01-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Dallas would be crazy not to give him bank...but they did trade James Neal so you never know.

The Flames like Benn a lot and would be willing to move a lot for him.

orr444
01-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Bob Mckenzie said on twitter, that none of the main RFA'S were close with any of the teams

Jacks
01-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Isn't there an Eklund thread somewhere?

djsFlames
01-12-2013, 11:35 PM
If Benn were even remotely available (though the Stars will get him locked up), the Flames would absolutely have to get all over that. They'd have to move a pretty significant piece of course. But if we need to sacrifice a winger + pieces to get a center that would likely become THE guy for us, that would be just huge. My untouchables would be: Iggy, Baertschi, Gio, Wideman. And J Gaudreau is defs off limits... But everyone else would have to be fair game.

Ashasx
01-12-2013, 11:40 PM
...Wideman is not off limits if I'm getting Benn in return.

Either way, the Flames shouldn't be willing to give up the true value to get him.

Yakbutter
01-12-2013, 11:42 PM
I was hoping Eklund would be a causality of the lockout.

sureLoss
01-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Yeah I don't see Dallas even consider Calgary as a trading partner for Benn unless Baertschi is on the table.

Captain_Obvious
01-12-2013, 11:45 PM
If Benn were even remotely available (though the Stars will get him locked up), the Flames would absolutely have to get all over that. They'd have to move a pretty significant piece of course. But if we need to sacrifice a winger + pieces to get a center that would likely become THE guy for us, that would be just huge. My untouchables would be: Iggy, Baertschi, Gio, Wideman. And J Gaudreau is defs off limits... But everyone else would have to be fair game.

So if Dallas's best player (a 23 year old who's one of the best young players in the league) is potentially available you'd offer anything... except our best forward and best defensman and our two best prospects? :rolleyes:

That would be a pretty short conversation.

VANFLAMESFAN
01-12-2013, 11:51 PM

Gaudreau is off limits in a trade for Jamie Benn? Benn is proven, young and is going to get better. Gaudreau is promising, and sure, I have high hopes, but let's not overrate him to ridiculous proportions. He's still a year or two away from cracking the lineup and there's more question marks than there are answers in his game.

If there was a Benn for Gaudreau offer on the table and not that it ever would be, Feaster would be an idiot not to jump at it.

Vinny01
01-13-2013, 12:00 AM
I agree Benn for Johnny you do it but not if it is Johnny + 1st or anything else highly valuable

nik-
01-13-2013, 12:04 AM
Yeah, that conversation starts with Sven so it goes nowhere from a Flames standpoint and I don't think Dallas moves off it.

If it was Gaudreau being the centerpiece of a Benn deal? Umm yes, you do that immediately. Except I don't know if us trading our first this year is a good idea haha.

kehatch
01-13-2013, 12:04 AM
All fans over rate their best prospects. But man do some of us vastly over rate Gaudreau

puckluck2
01-13-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm pretty sure 29 teams would like to deal for Benn. Thanks tips.

MisterJoji
01-13-2013, 12:21 AM
I read an article about Benn and how he is very introverted and hates the spotlight. Dallas is the perfect place for him. He's not going anywhere.

Calgary4LIfe
01-13-2013, 12:23 AM
I read an article about Benn and how he is very introverted and hates the spotlight. Dallas is the perfect place for him. He's not going anywhere.

Maybe that is why he hasn't signed yet.. he is afraid there will be a press conference ;)

djsFlames
01-13-2013, 12:29 AM
Yes, that was my opinion, on who *I* would like to keep in such a situation. I really don't like being instantly hounded for wanting to keep the pieces that we NEED a centerman FOR in the first place, to remain with the Flames.

Like, wow.... Create a new hole to fill the old one? Savvy thinking folks.

I don't care how you think Dallas' management would respond hypothetically. Those are pieces we simply can't trade. Doesn't mean we couldn't try.

Mind you, the likes of Cammalleri, Glencross, (on second thought i add) Wideman, Hudler, Backlund, Bouw, Brodie, Granlund, Smith, our plethora of great goalie prospects, and picks WOULD be on the table, for some sort of package.

I suppose none of them have any value to other teams, from an outside perspective. Huh?

dammage79
01-13-2013, 12:30 AM
Benn maybe available. I would love to have this guy on my team but not at the expense of Sven. Heck, anyone else would do.

Mean Mr. Mustard
01-13-2013, 12:40 AM
Yes, that was my opinion, on who *I* would like to keep in such a situation. I really don't like being instantly hounded for wanting to keep the pieces that we NEED a centerman FOR in the first place, to remain with the Flames.

I don't care how you think Dallas' management would respond hypothetically. Those are pieces we simply can't trade. Doesn't mean we couldn't try.

Mind you, the likes of Cammalleri, Glencross, (on second thought i add) Wideman, Hudler, Backlund, Bouw, Brodie, Granlund, Smith, our plethora of great goalie prospects, and picks WOULD be on the table, for some sort of package.

I suppose none of them have any value to other teams, from an outside perspective. Huh?

Plethora of great goalie prospects? Did I miss someone? Most of the players you mentioned would be of little interest to most NHL teams or can't be traded (Glencross, Wideman) or who just frankly won't get you much in a package (Backlund, Granlund, Smith and maybe even Cammalleri given his age, salary and the past three years)... Also I have never heard of a team signing an unrestricted free agent and then trading him to a team before they have played a game for the team.

djsFlames
01-13-2013, 12:47 AM
Plethora of great goalie prospects? Did I miss someone? Most of the players you mentioned would be of little interest to most NHL teams or can't be traded (Glencross, Wideman) or who just frankly won't get you much in a package (Backlund, Granlund, Smith and maybe even Cammalleri given his age, salary and the past three years)... Also I have never heard of a team signing an unrestricted free agent and then trading him to a team before they have played a game for the team.

And you know just exactly what other NHL teams' managements think and want eh? You must be chatting it up with GMs around the league on a daily basis, then.

Every team has different needs. And I am positive there are teams that view some of our players in a different light than we do, in accordance to filling those needs.

Also, yes. We have a pretty decent pool of goalie prospects. We are doing quite well in that department I'd say, compared to others.

Inglewood Jack
01-13-2013, 12:48 AM

I love Yahoo Fantasy hockey too. I get this kind of trade offer logic all the time. Offer 2 or 3 average guys for 1 outstanding guy and don't worry about roster sizes that don't automatically expand to accomodate the extra bodies.

nik-
01-13-2013, 12:52 AM
And you know just exactly what other NHL teams' managements think and want eh? You must be chatting it up with GMs around the league on a daily basis, then.

Every team has different needs. And I am positive there are teams that view some of our players in a different light than we do, in accordance to filling those needs.

Also, yes. We have a pretty decent pool of goalie prospects. We are doing quite well in that department I'd say, compared to others.

Unfortunately, every team pretty much has what we have in the goalie department. There is nothing in the Flames futures pool that is above average apart from Sven.

djsFlames
01-13-2013, 12:52 AM
I love Yahoo Fantasy hockey too. I get this kind of trade offer logic all the time. Offer 2 or 3 average guys for 1 outstanding guy and don't worry about roster sizes that don't automatically expand to accomodate the extra bodies.

Didn't even make a trade proposal, but alright.

Leafs fans are the worst for that, imo..

$ven27
01-13-2013, 12:55 AM

Are you on crack?

dammage79
01-13-2013, 12:59 AM
Another hate filled Eklund thread? This I gotta see!

Captain_Obvious
01-13-2013, 01:05 AM

I'm not really sure why you're so defensive.

You suggested if Benn was available, you'd like to see us try to get him but without giving up our best forward, best defensman or our two best prospects

(none of who are individually as valuable as Benn right now)

Your sentiment was understandable. I'd like to have Benn without giving up anything significant also.

But that was a completely unrealistic notion, so it's no wonder you had a lineup of people pointing it out.

evman150
01-13-2013, 01:17 AM

Maybe it's cause I pretty much only see him when he's ****faced, but JB never struck me as "very introverted".

djsFlames
01-13-2013, 01:19 AM
I'm not really sure why you're so defensive.

You suggested if Benn was available, you'd like to see us try to get him but without giving up our best forward, best defensman or our two best prospects

(none of who are individually as valuable as Benn right now)

Your sentiment was understandable. I'd like to have Benn without giving up anything significant also.

But that was a completely unrealistic notion, so it's no wonder you had a lineup of people pointing it out.

Lol being an Eklund related thread, I didn't exactly throw that idea out with all the thought in the world, knowing that realistically, no one but Dallas is going to get this guy. But I guess it can't just go unnoticed... Just casual thinking out loud. No one here wants to part with Sven. And after seeing what JHockey can do over the past couple seasons, I think we should hang on to him too. As I think this team needs a couple successful prospects coming out of our own system for the sake of the organization and beginning to develop some top guys internally..get that track record going. It's something this team needs under its belt, to say "yeah, we did that. we brought that guy up." Tis why.

MisterJoji
01-13-2013, 02:52 AM
Maybe it's cause I pretty much only see him when he's ****faced, but JB never struck me as "very introverted".

The article was mainly an interview and he was talking about last years allstar game and how the media scrum was his biggest nightmare and he loves the fact that he can walk the streets of Dallas and no one has any idea who he is.

Mean Mr. Mustard
01-13-2013, 08:52 AM
dAnd you know just exactly what other NHL teams' managements think and want eh? You must be chatting it up with GMs around the league on a daily basis, then.

I have seen the players you are talking about play and truthfully, players like Smith, Backlund and Granlund are not rare commodities.

Right now Backlund is worth more to the Flames than anyone else - because there aren't any teams in the league who will give up much in the way of anything for an oft injured player who score 11 points last season.

When it comes to prospects, it is a similar story the Flames have a decent pool of prospects (I wouldn't call goaltending to be a strength though) but every team - well at least every teams fanbase seems to be enamoured with potential.

The fact is that a player like Jamie Benn is one of the best young players in the league, you can't reasonably expect to throw a lot of middling prospects and players towards him and expect a trade to be made.

BigBird
01-13-2013, 09:10 AM
No way flames get Benn without bartschi going the other way, if I was the stars gm to get me to think of moving a Benn it would start at bartchie plus..

kyuss275
02-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Bump :

Not Eklund but one of those kind of sites, insider rumours had this to say about Jay Bouw:

"Flyers looking to add a dominant offensive defenseman: someone that can run the power-play from the point. Philadelphia sources have confirmed to me that the Flyers have began preliminary talks with the Jets, the Panthers and the Flames in regards to Byfuglien, Campbell and Bouwmeester respectively. Holmgren is aggressively working the phones."

nik-
02-28-2013, 01:21 AM
Well Bouwmeester is easily the best dman of those three.

DeluxeMoustache
02-28-2013, 02:18 AM

Easily indeed. Unless being better at offense, defense or having Cups, er, playoff experience count.

He is just a year off from being the most coveted UFA d man on the market

Psytic
02-28-2013, 05:10 AM
Cammalleri
Giordano
Neimez

for

Jamie Benn
2nd rounder or Bystrom

Dallas is looking for another PMD so Gio works for them Cammy can play centre and has a scoring touch to help replace Benn. Both guys help them now and still aren't considered to be old.

Psytic
02-28-2013, 05:13 AM

I think I would take Buff personally hes more gritty and still provides more offense (two 53pt seasons in a row) and bonus you can throw him in at forward to sit on opposing goalies.

Da_Chief
02-28-2013, 05:47 AM
Cammalleri
Giordano
Neimez

for

Jamie Benn
2nd rounder or Bystrom

Dallas is looking for another PMD so Gio works for them Cammy can play centre and has a scoring touch to help replace Benn. Both guys help them now and still aren't considered to be old.

Dallas would laugh at that offer.

Psytic
02-28-2013, 05:53 AM
Dallas would laugh at that offer.

Giordano
Cammalleri
Neimez
2014 first ?

Poe969
02-28-2013, 06:59 AM
The Stars aren't trading Benn. Most of this "speculation" was going on before he was signed. They aren't going to sign a potential franchise player and trade him away for anything less than Iggy from 8-10 years ago.

I'm still sticking to my guns, if the Flames start to trade away a couple players than Cammy will go to the leafs.

NewFan
02-28-2013, 07:17 AM
To Dallas 2013 1st
2014 1st
Backlund
Giordano

To Calgary Jamie Benn

Then trade Iginla, Cammi, for 2013 1st and 2014 1st and sign Perry during free agent!

Tanguya - Benn - Perry
Baertchi - Stajan - Hudler
Cervenka - Horak - Glencross

Vinny01
02-28-2013, 07:19 AM
What site is the Philly rumor from?

Holmgren has chased Bouw in the past but I don't see the flames moving him unless one of their untouchables comes back. Perhaps a package around Grossman and Simmonds but that only adds to our logjam at the wing and makes our D worse

Eklund picked up on the Buff rumors and my guess is Campbell could be the least expensive of the 3

Poe969
02-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Trading for Benn at this point is going to be about as hard as trading for Crosby or Stamkos. It's not going to happen

Poe969
02-28-2013, 07:25 AM
I've actually been saying that JayBow should be a Flyer for a few years now. I think his style of play would actually be waaay better on the Flyers. I think they need to make a trade soon, but I think the Flames want to hold out to see if they can climb into 9th again

Erick Estrada
02-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Bouwmeester plays a lot of important minutes for this team so for the Flames to make a deal the offer would have to be pretty sweet. Also Bouwmeester would have to waive his NTC and who knows if he would do that.

Husky
02-28-2013, 08:02 AM
I honestly believe Jaybo has quite a bit of value right now. Probably the most on the Flames.

Still relatively young, short contract where hell probably be resigned for a bit less, plus he can play top pairing D minutes.

All depends what Flames want back. Do they want pure picks and prospects or a roster player plus picks/prospects. If I was Feaster I would play hardball and go after a young roster player as none of Phillys prospects get me excited. Plus Feaster isnt in a position to "need" to trade Jaybo either.

with the Schenn brothers there I dont Brayden is available. Briere contract isnt attractive either. For the right chip going there way I still think Couturier is available. Heck Philly traded Richards and Carter who at one time were pegged as unmovable and the cornerstone of Philly for the next decade+. Regardless of his young age a ton of Couturier value is based on potential alone. With Jaybo you know exactly what you are getting.

neo45
02-28-2013, 08:15 AM
I think something could definitely be built around a Couturier for Bouwmeester trade that both teams could be happy with. The problem is a lot of bad teams would be lining up to give up a defenseman for Couturier

Vinny01
02-28-2013, 08:25 AM
What about getting both Schenn brothers from Bouw + ?

I would also be very happy if the Flames could get Couturier from Philly for Bouw.

shutout
02-28-2013, 08:33 AM
What about Luke and Bradon Schenn for Bouwmeester and Iginla.
Plus extras to round it out and balance it out.

YYC in LAX
02-28-2013, 08:36 AM

I would love that though I doubt Philly would do it.

Trailer Fire
02-28-2013, 08:37 AM

Cap hit says "Nononoonononoooo"

That's what, roughly 8 million headed our way for 15 million headed theirs?

Besides, I think the Schenn brothers are over rated. Luke especially.

Husky
02-28-2013, 08:45 AM
What about getting both Schenn brothers from Bouw + ?

I would also be very happy if the Flames could get Couturier from Philly for Bouw.

I think Luke Schenn is a horrible defenseman.

FlamesAddiction
02-28-2013, 08:47 AM
1. Dallas will not trade Benn for spare parts. He is the new face of the team. If you want Benn, you will need to give them back a player of similar age and value. No way will you see a quantity over quality deal there.

2. Philadelphia is 12th in the East if you go winning percentage. I can't see them selling off assets for veterans at this point. Especially for a player that has no history of pushing teams into the playoffs.

kyuss275
02-28-2013, 08:53 AM
I think something could definitely be built around a Couturier for Bouwmeester trade that both teams could be happy with. The problem is a lot of bad teams would be lining up to give up a defenseman for Couturier

It would be great to get Couturier but i have my doubts that they would trade him. If i remember correctly didn't Philly say no to including Couturier in the Webber trade/offer sheet? I think i heard the same with Suban, Montreal wanted Couturier but Philly said no.

I guess things have changed and they are more desperate. Are they desperate enough is the question?

FlamesAddiction
02-28-2013, 08:55 AM
It would be great to get Couturier but i have my doubts that they would trade him. If i remember correctly didn't Philly say no to including Couturier in the Webber trade/offer sheet? I think i heard the same with Suban, Montreal wanted Couturier but Philly said no.

I guess things have changed and they are more desperate. Are they desperate enough is the question?

In which case, they would probably go back to Nashville and Montreal with their offers first.

Husky
02-28-2013, 08:58 AM
In which case, they would probably go back to Nashville and Montreal with their offers first.

So they would want a huge Weber contract....for a player who looks to be no where near as good with Suter (and vice versa for Suter).

kyuss275
02-28-2013, 09:00 AM

I am not sure Montreal would do the trade now. Suban is being a force on the backend since his return. Not to mention he is fan favourite that generates the team money in other ways.

FlamesAddiction
02-28-2013, 09:00 AM
So they would want a huge Weber contract....for a player who looks to be no where near as good with Suter (and vice versa for Suter).

They are the ones who offered that deal to Weber to begin with, and Nashville already took the hit for the signing bonus, so I don't see why they wouldn't go that route instead of Bouwmeester.

Husky
02-28-2013, 09:06 AM
They are the ones who offered that deal to Weber to begin with, and Nashville already took the hit for the signing bonus, so I don't see why they wouldn't go that route of Bouwmeester.

I dont think people realized how much of an impact to personal play it would be by separating Weber and Suter. They are not nearly as good apart as they were as a duo.

Bandwagon In Flames
02-28-2013, 09:13 AM
I dont think people realized how much of an impact to personal play it would be by separating Weber and Suter. They are not nearly as good apart as they were as a duo.

I think Suter's (and Parise's) lack of production should of been expected. Not only is he playing with a rookie, but hes playing a system that dictates defense above all else. They aren't a defensive core that's aloud to pinch or play the puck possession game, but one that's not aloud to make mistakes.

Nashville played a way more wide open game that often involved high scoring matches. He can blame Parise for making a terrible decision of what team to join which will most definitely hurt their offensive numbers. Much like the Sutter system hurt Bouw after his productive years in Florida.

IgiTang
02-28-2013, 09:29 AM
So theres no "Eklund Crap" in this eklund crap thread? Just guys speculating and playing armchair gm...

Enoch Root
02-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Bouwmeester for Couturier.

Calgary eats $2M of Bou's contract, making him a $4.7M defenseman for Philly.

At that price (plus considering how Schenn has progressed this year), I think they would give up Couturier.

For Couturier, I would be willing to give up Bouwmeester and rebuild my D.

HELPNEEDED
02-28-2013, 10:19 AM
jbo for couturier would be epic. It would leave a whole, a huge one but it could be filled.

FAN
02-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Bouwmeester for Couturier.

Calgary eats $2M of Bou's contract, making him a $4.7M defenseman for Philly.
How does Calgary "eats $2M of Bou's contract, making him a $4.7M defenseman for Philly"? :clown:

Enoch Root
02-28-2013, 10:47 AM
How does Calgary "eats $2M of Bou's contract, making him a $4.7M defenseman for Philly"? :clown:
What do you mean 'how'?

Under the new CBA, teams are able to retain a portion (up to 50%) of a player's salary and cap hit when trading them to another franchise.

Roof-Daddy
02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
What do you mean 'how'?

Under the new CBA, teams are able to retain a portion (up to 50%) of a player's salary and cap hit when trading them to another franchise.

I knew about this, but I'm not fully plugged into the details yet.....

Do teams that choose to do this retain that portion for the remainder of the season, or the remainder of the contract?

rohara66
02-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Is Couturier *that* good?

Serious questions, I don’t watch tons of Philly game but he’s not exactly tearing it up. I understand all the hype on him but Bouwmeester and Jokinen had hype before they came here as well. Does he has a chance at becoming a franchise player?

dammage79
02-28-2013, 11:01 AM

Serious questions, I don’t watch tons of Philly game but he’s not exactly tearing it up. I understand all the hype on him but Bouwmeester and Jokinen had hype before they came here as well. Does he has a chance at becoming a franchise player?

He is good now and should only get better. He is only 20 IIRC. And a big bodied center. I'd trade Bouwmeester or Gio for him easy. Heck, I would probably give up my first round pick for him because He is only a year or two older than any center we would want in the draft. Much better trade option than O'Reilly IMO.

Henry Fool
02-28-2013, 11:05 AM
I think Suter's (and Parise's) lack of production should of been expected. Not only is he playing with a rookie, but hes playing a system that dictates defense above all else. They aren't a defensive core that's aloud to pinch or play the puck possession game, but one that's not aloud to make mistakes.

Nashville played a way more wide open game that often involved high scoring matches. He can blame Parise for making a terrible decision of what team to join which will most definitely hurt their offensive numbers. Much like the Sutter system hurt Bouw after his productive years in Florida.

Suter's points per game and Parise's goals per game are actually more or less at the same level as they were last year.

Enoch Root
02-28-2013, 11:06 AM
I knew about this, but I'm not fully plugged into the details yet.....

Do teams that choose to do this retain that portion for the remainder of the season, or the remainder of the contract?
I believe it is for the remainder of the contract, though I am not 100% certain. Maybe someone can post a copy of the CBA excerpt

Vinny01
02-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Philly refused to include both Couturier and Schenn for Weber. They may have also turned down 1 of them for Bobby Ryan. I am just not sure they give Couturier up for Bouw. When you look at their center ice depth they do have Giroux, Briere and Talbot. Schenn can be moved up the middle and Laughton is coming by the time Briere is gone. Theoretically they could move Couturier?

I would be all for a 1 for 1 swap or a package like Bouw and Cervenka/Stempniak for Couturier + Mezeros?

He is a player that helps now and in the future I hope something is in the works but not betting on it

Enoch Root
02-28-2013, 11:09 AM

Valid question.

He is stll a prospect and no one can know what his ceiling will eventually be.

But as prospects go, he is a big C who has shown some real effensive gifts and, at times, good hockey sense.

I am no where near as quick to want to move out Bouwmeester as some people around here, but for Couturier I would.

Enoch Root
02-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Philly refused to include both Couturier and Schenn for Weber. They may have also turned down 1 of them for Bobby Ryan. I am just not sure they give Couturier up for Bouw. When you look at their center ice depth they do have Giroux, Briere and Talbot. Schenn can be moved up the middle and Laughton is coming by the time Briere is gone. Theoretically they could move Couturier?

I would be all for a 1 for 1 swap or a package like Bouw and Cervenka/Stempniak for Couturier + Mezeros?

He is a player that helps now and in the future I hope something is in the works but not betting on it
Pretty sure Nashville wanted both.

They have since added Laughton, though he is no Couturier at this point.

Most importantly (IMO), Schenn has shown some progression this year. Last year, I would have kept both as well, not knowing which one would turn out. Now that Schenn is making progress, I would be a little more willing to move Couturier - though obviously I wouldn't just give him away.

Miniac
02-28-2013, 11:28 AM

I like the of sounds of this,
Bouw + Stempniak for Couturier +..

If that doesn't work, Stempniak could fetch at least a 2nd at the deadline.
I would personally hang on to Cervenka.

kyuss275
02-28-2013, 11:42 AM
I like the of sounds of this,
Bouw + Stempniak for Couturier +..

If that doesn't work, Stempniak could fetch at least a 2nd at the deadline.
I would personally hang on to Cervenka.

I think the flames have to hold onto Cervenka because he will not have much trade value. To many flags with Cervenka for a team to take a chance on him in mid season.

His defensive game is quite bad.

Does not know english and needs a Czech player to be his translator. Maybe the Czech player on the other team wants to concentrate on his own game and not have to deal with another burden.

Then there are the medical issues with the blood clot. Add to the fact that he is home sick and misses his wife and new born baby.

I am really starting to believe that Cervenka is going to be a one and done casualty in the NHL. He will probably make as much if not more money over in Europe.

Roof-Daddy
02-28-2013, 11:43 AM
Man, if the Flames were to rebuild (very unlikely) Bouwmeester at a $4-5 million cap hit would probably have some really high value.

Displaced Flames fan
02-28-2013, 11:49 AM
The Stars aren't trading Benn. Most of this "speculation" was going on before he was signed. They aren't going to sign a potential franchise player and trade him away for anything less than Iggy from 8-10 years ago.

I'm still sticking to my guns, if the Flames start to trade away a couple players than Cammy will go to the leafs.

Iggy 8-10 years ago was a top 5 player in the league. Jamie Benn will never be that.

Poe969
02-28-2013, 12:03 PM
I wasn't comparing the players............ but I'll let everyone jump on me for that.

I was comparing the situations.

Point of the story is that the Stars aren't going to trade Benn a short time after signing him.

kyuss275
02-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Man, if the Flames were to rebuild (very unlikely) Bouwmeester at a $4-5 million cap hit would probably have some really high value.

I am still not convinced that the flames will trade Iggy at the deadline if they are out of it. The only way they trade him is if he says there is 0% chance he re-signs. If Iggy says he is going to test the free agent market, but tells them that the flames will still be high on his list, i see ownership taking the chance that he will just re-sign.

If the above becomes true and the flames are out of it, i think Bouw is on the top of the list to be traded. They are going to need to do something for the future and Bouw will probably bring back the most in trade at the deadline if Iggy does not go anywhere.

AltaGuy
02-28-2013, 12:52 PM
I would love to use this window of good play by Bouwmeester to ship him out of town. Simultaneously increases our chances of making the playoffs.

If we could get Couturier, we'd be sitting pretty. He's almost exactly what the Flames need going forward, except he seems to suck at faceoffs. Can players be taught these things? Regardless, 6'3 centers who have some offensive upside and are good in their own zone are the holy grail for this organization.