PDA

View Full Version : Question to be asked

Mean Mr. Mustard
08-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Hello Everyone. As you all (should) know the olympics are in full swing and the track events are going on etc, etc. However the question needs to be asked, what is the worst commercial that there is revolving around the Olympics. Personally I think that while the TSE, and Bell Mobility commercials really suck, the one that takes the cake are any of the MacDonalds commercials, with the worst one being about the best employees being sent over to Athens (sort of like the best of the poorly paid greasy teenagers that flip burgers) and they somewhat compare that to the athletes at the games.

Go Little Blue Cow.... Canada's best athlete.

Language
08-22-2004, 06:02 PM
The Air Canada ones. By a country mile.

What the hell are they even trying to say? "With a little innovation it's amazing how much you can accomplish??" What innovation?

Mean Mr. Mustard
08-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by fotze@Aug 23 2004, 12:13 AM
Little blue cow? IT'S WHITE with a little blue. I was just pondering that today. I personally think most advertising is wasted money but hey what do I know.
Sure, but it's leading Canada to gold... what's that, it tested positive for BSE.... That Cow is jamaican, not Canadian.

I-Hate-Hulse
08-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Stuck watching the NBC coverage at the clubhouse, once again you could see how the US commercials kick butt (despite lousy coverage)

The best was the one for Sealy Mattresses where the guy sits up in bed and then starts doing a pommel horse routine on the footboard of his bed. Hilarious!

I think it's safe to say that all the commericals suck for the CBC. Perhaps Air Canada couldn't afford a top notch team and hired some co-op students to come up with a campaign.

browna
08-22-2004, 08:33 PM
Since having a long weekend this weekend, I've had the TV locked on live Olympics from when I get up to 3pm, then sometimes the wrap up evening show, then again from 11:30pm until when I head to bed.

Like things like the World Cup (soccer) there are nowhere near enough ads for the amount of commercial time.

- The Air Canada ones - the idea of how one can be creative when things go wrong, or think quick on their feet...seems very opposite of the stuck in the red tape and expensive union contracts of the real Air Canada

-My vote for the "greatest Canadian" would be the one that decides to take the ads (two every 5 minutes) for it off the air ASAP.

- Royal Bank claiming to be the first Olympic sponsor ad, seem to be a bit shady..maybe the first "sponsorship" of Olympic hockey or maybe its also the first high interest loan that RBC charged athletes who had little to no credit.

I am sure there are more...I've managed to tune most of them out of my head after a week or so of watching them.

Mcgavins
08-22-2004, 09:18 PM
The arrogancy around Home Depot's claim to be the top employer of olympic hopefuls is getting annoying. I think they starting bugging me when I watched twenty minutes of NBC coverage and I saw the Home Depot ads three times.

Kidder
08-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Whats really sad is that we desperately need the little blue cow in these olympics.

At least with it we'd have a decent medal count.

And since when can females race in the 100m mens hurdles and mens weightlifting. I smell a rig.

MMM is right, that Mcdonalds commercial is just brutal. ah all the commercials are crappy this year. The best one on is the Tim Hortons toffee doughnut commerical... how sad is that.