PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Cops?

jamoro
08-19-2012, 12:33 PM
The title says it all. What ever happened to the Fox show Cops? was it cancelled? I loved that show but on Saturday nights it's no longer on :whaa:

Rerun
08-19-2012, 12:37 PM
They took it off the air because people found the theme song too annoying.

4X4
08-19-2012, 12:38 PM
It's still on... I don't know which channel, but the ex used to pvr it so we had something to watch when there was nothing else on. There's another show called Campus PD on MTV or MTV2. That show is pretty funny sometimes.
I swear though, watching these shows sure makes me glad I don't live in the states. The cops down there are total dicks, and somw of their laws are just ridiculous. Like their drinking age. The campus PD show almost always busts some 20 year olds just having a beer at the beach, or having a house party, and people go to jail. It's just amazing how a-holish some of the cops are.

cKy
08-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Still going on season 24 apparently.

Saturdays at 6 MTN on channel 1203 (Bell)

jayswin
08-19-2012, 06:01 PM
It's still on... I don't know which channel, but the ex used to pvr it so we had something to watch when there was nothing else on. There's another show called Campus PD on MTV or MTV2. That show is pretty funny sometimes.
I swear though, watching these shows sure makes me glad I don't live in the states. The cops down there are total dicks, and somw of their laws are just ridiculous. Like their drinking age. The campus PD show almost always busts some 20 year olds just having a beer at the beach, or having a house party, and people go to jail. It's just amazing how a-holish some of the cops are.

The one scary thing about watching cops is how they almost unanimously go with whatever the woman says in domestic disputes. I know it's pretty common becuase men are typically tougher than women, but even a couple of weeks ago, I saw one where the guy was in the driveway with blood pouring down his face, and the woman, who called the cops was standing in the house with no marks or signs of being hit.

The police talk to both of them. The woman says he was threatening her, the guys says they got into an argument and she attacked him and he didn't touch her. From ooking at the scene, the guys story makes WAY more sense. But when the guy was finished telling his side, they just kind of stood there for a second and then said "hmm, we're placing you under arrest", and took him away.

Kind of weird, and scary.

Stranger
08-19-2012, 10:52 PM
I used to watch "To Serve and Protect" to keep up on what was happening in Edmonton. Or at least they seemed to be in Edmonton alot.

puckluck2
08-19-2012, 11:37 PM
The one scary thing about watching cops is how they almost unanimously go with whatever the woman says in domestic disputes. I know it's pretty common becuase men are typically tougher than women, but even a couple of weeks ago, I saw one where the guy was in the driveway with blood pouring down his face, and the woman, who called the cops was standing in the house with no marks or signs of being hit.

The police talk to both of them. The woman says he was threatening her, the guys says they got into an argument and she attacked him and he didn't touch her. From ooking at the scene, the guys story makes WAY more sense. But when the guy was finished telling his side, they just kind of stood there for a second and then said "hmm, we're placing you under arrest", and took him away.

Kind of weird, and scary.

This reminded me of an episode I watched a few days ago. A girl who is obviously unstable tells cops the marks on her hands and arms came from a guy who lives close to her (iirc her friends ex bf). Even though nobody witnessed it they believe the marks came from him and even though he adamantly denied touching her he's arrested and thrown in jail.

Fast forward to the second part of the show where a drunk guy crashes his wife's car into a light pole and seriously damages it and is seen walking around the neighborhood injured and wobbly. Wife shows up pissed when the cops call her, but the cops say they can't charge him even though he pretty much admitted he regretted driving drunk because the light pole could have been someone's kid. Anyways, cops explain they can't charge him because no one actually saw him driving.

Funny how the burden of proof changes when it comes to a woman saying she's been hit by a man.