PDA

View Full Version : Best Patios?

JerzeeGirl
07-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Hey all - looking for some suggestions on great patios, to go and have a cold pop or two while we're in the middle of this little heat wave.

What are your favourite spots to sit outside & watch the world go by?

Coach
07-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Julios Barrio has a nice patio with a great view of downtown and the river. Plus, Bulldogs.

troutman
07-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Molly Malone's. Managed by a CP operative.

http://www.mollymalones.ca/

Jbo
07-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Not a great view, but West has a great patio.

Can never go wrong with the Ship & Anchor

Imported_Aussie
07-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Los Chilitos - better food than Julios, on 17th avenue near 12th street. Big picnic tables, watch all the people and cars go by.
The Barley Mill - Eau Claire, always tons of people milling around to watch.
Molly Malones - Kensington, just down from the Plaza. Rooftop patio, great spot to spend an evening.
Original Joes in Kensington has a nice patio too

Coach
07-09-2012, 09:31 AM
+1 for Molly's as well. I didn't know a CPer was the manager. Who's that?

troutman
07-09-2012, 09:36 AM
+1 for Molly's as well. I didn't know a CPer was the manager. Who's that?

AltaGuy

Calgary's hottest patio is Molly Malone's. Nightlife designer AltaGuy is back with the all new club that answers the question, “HUHHH? Don’t look for a bouncer, there isn’t one. Instead, the door is guarded by ten jacked homeless guys in old fashioned bathing suits.And inside is just sick, ice sculpture, winos, Gurmfs (German Smurfs), a teddy ruxpin wearing mascara, an old lady with kid n play hair, and none other than DJ Baby Bok Choy… He’s a giant 300 lbs Chinese baby who wears tinted aviator glasses and he spins records with his little ravioli hands.

Nufy
07-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Isn't Molly's where they made that annoying Sanneal Camera commercial ?

username
07-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Broken Plate's pretty good
Earls on 4th street
80th and ivy (new place on 17th ave around 10th street)
I'm not sure if 1410's is open yet but I know they've been building a rooftop patio for a while now.

undercoverbrother
07-09-2012, 12:44 PM
OJ's in Kennsington, if you can handle the hippy stink

GreatWhiteEbola
07-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Broken Plate's pretty good
Earls on 4th street
80th and ivy (new place on 17th ave around 10th street)
I'm not sure if 1410's is open yet but I know they've been building a rooftop patio for a while now.

My sources tell me that the 1410 rooftop opened yesterday or sometime this weekend.

SebC
07-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Molly Malone's. Managed by a CP operative.

http://www.mollymalones.ca/Is there a "the sky is blue" discount?

troutman
07-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Is there a "the sky is blue" discount?

Maybe, but then I suggest you buy AltaGuy a drink later at Winebar.

Regular_John
07-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Broken City is a thing of beauty... during the day. But once the hipsters have rolled out of bed you're better served at the Amsterdam Rhino next door with it's courtyard style patio.

iLoveLamp
07-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Brewsters in McKenzie Towne has a really great rooftop patio

Regular_John
07-09-2012, 05:52 PM

That it does, I don't get out there often, but whenever I do I'm always really impressed with that patio.

fatso
07-09-2012, 07:43 PM
AltaGuy

Calgary's hottest patio is Molly Malone's. Nightlife designer AltaGuy is back with the all new club that answers the question, “HUHHH? Don’t look for a bouncer, there isn’t one. Instead, the door is guarded by ten jacked homeless guys in old fashioned bathing suits.And inside is just sick, ice sculpture, winos, Gurmfs (German Smurfs), a teddy ruxpin wearing mascara, an old lady with kid n play hair, and none other than DJ Baby Bok Choy… He’s a giant 300 lbs Chinese baby who wears tinted aviator glasses and he spins records with his little ravioli hands.

Wow... had to log in just to thank this!

Two Fivenagame
07-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Salt n Pepper in Inglewood.

ranchlandsselling
07-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Wild Rose Brewery has a patio. I've never been, so can't comment on if it's good or not.

Bill Bumface
07-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Wild Rose Brewery has a patio. I've never been, so can't comment on if it's good or not.

It's in a gravel parking lot.... still love that place.

Northendzone
07-10-2012, 07:26 AM
That it does, I don't get out there often, but whenever I do I'm always really impressed with that patio.

i was also going to mention this patio - keep in mind that i don't get out often.

i was thinking that the menu on this patio is a little limited though.

JerzeeGirl
07-10-2012, 08:35 AM

That's great - it's only about 15mins from my house walking so I will def be checking that one out...I usually just head to the Kilt.

mrbanffgirl
07-10-2012, 08:53 AM
The Ship and Anchor for sure! great for people watching. If you venture further afield, Rose and Crown in Canmore is the best patio in Alberta!

undercoverbrother
07-10-2012, 09:04 AM
That's great - it's only about 15mins from my house walking so I will def be checking that one out...I usually just head to the Kilt.

get there early

Top Shelf
07-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Nothing too special, but was at Milestones on Stephen Ave yesterday for lunch and Bear and Kilt today for lunch. Good locations, cold beer and great weather!

undercoverbrother
07-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Nothing too special, but was at Milestones on Stephen Ave yesterday for lunch and Bear and Kilt today for lunch. Good locations, cold beer and great weather!

Bear and Kilt is a great pub.

Cecil Terwilliger
07-10-2012, 06:05 PM
1410 rooftop was rather warm today. But some of it was for a private party.

Expensive beer. Very attractive waitresses.

DownInFlames
07-10-2012, 08:30 PM
The Ship and Anchor for sure! great for people watching. If you venture further afield, Rose and Crown in Canmore is the best patio in Alberta!

The view from the Rose and Crown patio in Canmore is amazing. They have a really good burger too so I go there every time I'm in town, which will likely be this weekend.

MotoRacer
07-11-2012, 10:58 AM
hooters

AltaGuy
08-29-2012, 07:25 PM
AltaGuy

Haha - can't believe I missed this. We do have a great patio, and if you say hi, I can maybe hook you up with a 'cp discount' or a german smurf, whichever you prefer. Just ask for 'the manager'. You'll either get me or the DJ baby.

Thanks Troutman!

troutman
08-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Haha - can't believe I missed this. We do have a great patio, and if you say hi, I can maybe hook you up with a 'cp discount' or a german smurf, whichever you prefer. Just ask for 'the manager'. You'll either get me or the DJ baby.

Thanks Troutman!

Calgary's hottest patio is Molly Malone's. After you step through the stainless steel door to this meat-packing hot spot, you’ll be greeted by none other than Pierre, the Muslim Elvis impersonator. This patio has everything- clones, freaks, sneezing, a Russian man on a prepaid cell phone, and anyone can get in- there’s no password. At the door just do the Cosby face.

YYC in LAX
08-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Marriot patio on Stephen Ave. Nothing spectacular but it's a huge patio and there are always free tables. Good lunch location on a warm summer day. It's a hidden gem that no one seems to use.

AltaGuy
08-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Calgary's hottest patio is Molly Malone's. After you step through the stainless steel door to this meat-packing hot spot, you’ll be greeted by none other than Pierre, the Muslim Elvis impersonator. This patio has everything- clones, freaks, sneezing, a Russian man on a prepaid cell phone, and anyone can get in- there’s no password. At the door just do the Cosby face.

I told you not to disclose the cosby face. I"m telling three-tongue Louis to stop you at the door next time.

troutman
08-30-2012, 04:46 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_las8f4Rukb1qdlwvzo1_250.gif

Stay Golden
08-30-2012, 10:34 PM
AltaGuy

that is one stellar post lmao

/i37EzEC9R5w