PDA

View Full Version : Full marks to the Stamps

Trojan97
08-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Stamps played a wonderful game.

Dunigan deserves all the credit in the world for having these guys jacked and prepared to come out and play tonight.

Crandell mismanaged the clock at the end of the first half and there's your ball game. O-line sh*t the bed tonight too.

Promising effort, MANY positives to take out of that one.

I_H8_Crawford
08-21-2004, 11:23 PM
I'll take my hat off and sh*t on it.
This team is a freaking joke.
We're starting to sound like Sask fans "well, at least we were close, and played a decent game!" ###### that.

Crandell better be off of this team now, he better not play another down for this team ever again. I don't care if Jones and Souza go down, put freaking Connell or ANYONE in there instead of Crandell. He had the game to win, and what does he do? He sh*ts the bed, YET AGAIN.

browna
08-21-2004, 11:37 PM
Pretty easy to Crandell bash, but as Dunigan just said on QR, there are a lot more plays that the Stamps could have had points off of

Crandell was 13-17 in the first half, ended 29-44 with over 320 yds and only 1 INT. Considering he's been sh*t on by most fans and media the last month, and had to come in because there is no back up against the best team in the west, he did pretty well, and all the blame can't be put on him.

Defense played ok....but sounds like DB's got burned, and again, stupid mistakes (penalties)

I_H8_Crawford
08-21-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by browna@Aug 22 2004, 05:37 AM
Pretty easy to Crandell bash, but as Dunigan just said on QR, there are a lot more plays that the Stamps could have had points off of

Crandell was 13-17 in the first half, ended 29-44 with over 320 yds and only 1 INT. Considering he's been sh*t on by most fans and media the last month, and had to come in because there is no back up against the best team in the west, he did pretty well, and all the blame can't be put on him.

Defense played ok....but sounds like DB's got burned, and again, stupid mistakes (penalties)
yeah, wow, awesome numbers.
Too bad he doesn;t know how to manage the clock at the end of the half.
Too bad 20 of those yards didn't come when the Stamps had the ball in the 4th with a min left.
Too bad he fumbled the ball on a 3rd & 1 in the 4th.

Bad teams find ways to lose. Crandell found a way for us to lose tonight. Dunigan better not play this bum again, we're going to be killed by Edm.

CaramonLS
08-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Better result than I expected.

Honestly with Printers in, I expected us to get routed by 30+.

Someone needs to smack our D-coordinator in the face because the defenses we are running are leading to the penalties (yes some blame goes to the players, but the schemes are also a problem).

Something definately has to be done about that.

calf
08-22-2004, 12:06 AM
I'll give full marks to the defence. at the game, it looked like they couldn't tackle worth sh*t...but then you sit back and realize they held BC to 18 points in regulation. good work.

calf's turning point: 18 seconds left in the 2nd quarter - could get 3 plays in doing hurry up offence, or at least one quick play then a field goal, but Crandell effed up - big time. Oh, and HOLD ONTO THE FREAKING BALL ON A QB SNEAK DAMMIT - that was bad

oh well, definately some positives to take away from it for next week

Trojan97
08-22-2004, 12:20 AM
How anyone can possibly blame the defence is beyond me. The first BC touchdown drive was actually stopped until Will Fields took a unsportsmanlike and gave them a first down deep in Calgary territory. Stupid,inexcusible penalty yes but that also means BC earned ONE touchdown without the aid of a major penalty. Pretty damn good day at the office for them against arguably the leagues best offence.

the_only_turek_fan
08-22-2004, 12:21 AM
Just came home from the game.

Not kicking the FG at the end of the first half of the game was a big mistake.

Also, as Calf mentioned the defence was having problems tackling tonight.

calf
08-22-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by the_only_turek_fan@Aug 22 2004, 12:21 AM
Also, as Calf mentioned the defence was having problems tackling tonight.
no no - I said it LOOKED like they had problems. I can only think of about 5 plays where that happened. Plus there were only 18 points scored against in regulation. The defence did their job well.

moon
08-22-2004, 03:32 AM
I have a big issue with the Third and one fumble. to me on tv, at a bar it looked a lot like Crandell had already got to the mark and had his forward progress stopped when BC created the fumble. I thought the play should have been blown dead.

transplant99
08-22-2004, 10:19 AM
BC Cal
First downs 20 19
Yards rushing 87 5

FIVE yards rushing??

Has to be a record for futility doesnt it?

Brutal....what a damn joke this team has become.

calculoso
08-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by moon@Aug 22 2004, 03:32 AM
I have a big issue with the Third and one fumble. to me on tv, at a bar it looked a lot like Crandell had already got to the mark and had his forward progress stopped when BC created the fumble. I thought the play should have been blown dead.
Not a chance. It was a fumble all the way. Crandell hadn't been tied up near long enough for play to be blown dead.

calculoso
08-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by transplant99@Aug 22 2004, 10:19 AM
BC Cal
First downs 20 19
Yards rushing 87 5

FIVE yards rushing??

Has to be a record for futility doesnt it?

Brutal....what a damn joke this team has become.
That's nothing. You should have heard the cheer when it went from -4 yards rushing to +4 yards rushing in the.... 3rd quarter I think? It was loud and definitely told everyone on the Stamps what everyone in the stands was thinking.

It was much the same at the end of the 2nd quarter. 15 seconds left and they use the full clock for one play? The fans started booing even before the ball was snapped. Brutal clock management.

Hey.. at least the Stamps were only intercepted once this game! :rolleyes:

Major props to the defense though. There were a few medium range plays, but overall I thought they played well. Knocking Printers out of the game will cause BC a few headaches I'm sure. The two picks by Lysack were awesome. Sacking Printers was great. Sure there were a couple missed tackles, but you'll find that on any team in every game. Nothing to get excited about.

If the offense could have stepped up, it'd have been a Calgary win.

jackncoke
08-22-2004, 09:46 PM
The D looked awesome, don't take anything away from them. All blame has to go to the guy that had the best game of the year so far!!!!

CaptainCrunch
08-22-2004, 11:22 PM
This is all too familiar to the years before the Bouno decades. We had a strong defense and offenses lead by such superstars as Joe Barnes, Gerry Datillio, Rick "Hollywood" Johnson and Bruc Threadgill.

The only way that the Stamps are going to be able to right this ship is to spend money and lots of it in the off season, we need a starting QB, and a starting running back (I hear Kenton Keith's contract is up at the end of the year, and that would really p*ss off the rider fans)

The other pieces are in place for a good team, a strong defense, good receivers, and a above average OL.

Dunnigan needs to decided on which job he wants to keep.