PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorcing

Thor
06-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Don't want to take all the credit, but they arrived in Iceland 2 weeks ago and now they are getting divorced.

Way to go Iceland.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/29/report-tom-cruise-katie-holmes-set-to-divorce/?hpt=hp_t2

Senator Clay Davis
06-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Interesting this is happening the same time Johnny T is going through his mess. Perhaps they're planning to both finally come out of the closet together?

Bertuzzied
06-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Xenon will not be very pleased.

To Be Quite Honest
06-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Tom should go down to 16yr old girls so he can properly train and brain wash them.

TorqueDog
06-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Xenon will not be very pleased.Xenu. And I think it's time you audited yourself.

Bobblehead
06-29-2012, 12:02 PM
For as much as I dislike Tom Cruise's "religion", I never like it when a marriage ends. It just seems so sad.

Bertuzzied
06-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Xenu. And I think it's time you audited yourself.

What does that mean? is that scientology talk?

Bertuzzied
06-29-2012, 12:06 PM
For as much as I dislike Tom Cruise's "religion", I never like it when a marriage ends. It just seems so sad.

ummm hollywood marriages never last dude.

Senator Clay Davis
06-29-2012, 12:08 PM
I think most people assumed this marriage was a fraudulent publicity stunt when it happened, so that it lasted 5 years is more than I would have guessed.

Ozy_Flame
06-29-2012, 12:10 PM

What's the divorce rate in Canada, almost 50%? It's a growing phenomenon. Something to get used to.

Also, what was the reason for the divorce? Did she finally realize he was 5'6"? Or was Xenu becoming an unwanted house guest?

Bring_Back_Shantz
06-29-2012, 12:10 PM
I blame gay marriage for this.

TorqueDog
06-29-2012, 12:12 PM
I really don't see a problem with divorce. People grow apart. Sometimes people aren't right for each other.

I think if you spent ten years in a happy marriage and then just grew apart, the ten years is really the important bit. So it ended, it doesn't detract from the happy times spent together.
What does that mean? is that scientology talk?Yep. The Scientologist version of 'spiritual counseling' is called auditing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditing_(Scientology)). A trained Scientology can use an E-meter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-meter) to measure the number of harmful thetans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thetans) (spirits) in the body.

Needless to say, these people are ####ing nuts.

undercoverbrother
06-29-2012, 12:14 PM
I blame gay marriage for this.

I blames massages with Travolta

Cowperson
06-29-2012, 12:15 PM
I think most people assumed this marriage was a fraudulent publicity stunt when it happened, so that it lasted 5 years is more than I would have guessed.

I'd say Katie resisted Scientology and wanted to limit her daughter's (his too) exposure to it.

As any sane person would.

Cowperson

Senator Clay Davis
06-29-2012, 12:17 PM
It's pretty funny this marriage cost Katie Holmes her role in The Dark Knight. Wonder if marrying the crazy person was worth it now.

Kybosh
06-29-2012, 12:19 PM
How many thetans are expelled when someone takes a piss? Does it change depending on how dehydrated one is?

MarchHare
06-29-2012, 12:19 PM
It's pretty funny this marriage cost Katie Holmes her role in The Dark Knight. Wonder if marrying the crazy person was worth it now.

More likely it was her performance in Batman Begins that cost her the role in The Dark Knight.

Burninator
06-29-2012, 12:20 PM
It's pretty funny this marriage cost Katie Holmes her role in The Dark Knight. Wonder if marrying the crazy person was worth it now.I'm sure her terrible acting contributed to it as well.

blankall
06-29-2012, 12:22 PM
A-L4VvWHrVc

trackercowe
06-29-2012, 12:23 PM
More likely it was her performance in Batman Begins that cost her the role in The Dark Knight.

She was a step up from Maggie Gyllenhaal, whom just didn't fit the role.

MarchHare
06-29-2012, 12:25 PM
She was a step up from Maggie Gyllenhaal, whom just didn't fit the role.

Subjective opinion, I guess. I had a much easier time buying Gyllenhaal as an Assistant DA than I did Holmes.

Bertuzzied
06-29-2012, 12:27 PM
I'd say Katie resisted Scientology and wanted to limit her daughter's (his too) exposure to it.

As any sane person would.

Cowperson

Any sane person wouldn't marry a scientologist.

Stormchaser
06-29-2012, 12:27 PM
I really don't see a problem with divorce. People grow apart. Sometimes people aren't right for each other.

I think if you spent ten years in a happy marriage and then just grew apart, the ten years is really the important bit. So it ended, it doesn't detract from the happy times spent together.

This attitude towards marriage is why we are where we are right now. Marriages take work....lots of work and I personally think a lot of marriages start out with an exit plan in place just in case it doesn't work out.

VANFLAMESFAN
06-29-2012, 12:29 PM

“Divorce is always good news. I know that sounds weird, but it’s true because no good marriage has ever ended in divorce. It’s really that simple. That’s never happened – THAT would be sad. If two people were married and they were really happy and they just had a great thing, and then they got divorced, that would be really sad. But that has happened zero times. Literally zero.” — Louis C.K.

TorqueDog
06-29-2012, 12:35 PM
This attitude towards marriage is why we are where we are right now. Marriages take work....lots of work and I personally think a lot of marriages start out with an exit plan in place just in case it doesn't work out.Of course marriages take work, relationships in general take work. Friendships take work.

That doesn't change the fact that people can and do grow apart. No amount of 'work' is going to change that.

I'll ask you to clarify what exactly you are alluding to when you say "this attitude towards marriage is why we are where we are right now". Where are we right now? It shouldn't be a 'goal' to get married, and getting divorced shouldn't be considered a 'failure'. There are plenty of people in very long term commitments who aren't married that have happy, fulfilling relationships with each other. Your comment has the underlying tone that married > not married, and that really irks me.

ricosuave
06-29-2012, 12:37 PM
but but but I was just in the supermarket line and the magazine on the rack assured me that they were happy and looking forward to celebrating his 50th!!!

i feel so incredibly let down by media now

MrMastodonFarm
06-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Any sane person wouldn't marry a scientologist.

Any sane person wouldn't marry.

TorqueDog
06-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Any sane person wouldn't marry.This attitude towards marriage is why we are where we are right now.

Am I doing it right?

Bobblehead
06-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Of course marriages take work, relationships in general take work. Friendships take work.

That doesn't change the fact that people can and do grow apart. No amount of 'work' is going to change that.

I'll ask you to clarify what exactly you are alluding to when you say "this attitude towards marriage is why we are where we are right now". Where are we right now? It shouldn't be a 'goal' to get married, and getting divorced shouldn't be considered a 'failure'. There are plenty of people in very long term commitments who aren't married that have happy, fulfilling relationships with each other. Your comment has the underlying tone that married > not married, and that really irks me.

I'm not debating that, people shouldn't stay in a bad marriage.

But (voice of experience here) you don't enter into a marriage ever expecting it to go bad. I didn't propose until I thought it was going to be forever. And when it does end it is a painful experience. Yes, it needed to end for the sake of both of our long term happiness, but if you both went in with the best of intentions it is NEVER a fun process to go through.

So I'm probably just remembering a bit of past pain and that isn't something I enjoy seeing anyone experience.

troutman
06-29-2012, 12:56 PM
God ‏@TheTweetOfGod (https://twitter.com/TheTweetOfGod)
Here are a few joke angles for the TomKat divorce: "Marriage: Impossible." "Ended Near the Fourth of July." "Cockfail." Take it from there.

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Splitting Up: Scientology Has Bigger Problems

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/06/tom_cruise_katie_holmes_divorce_scientology.php

MelBridgeman
06-29-2012, 01:01 PM

then your doing it wrong...your suppose to grow together not apart. Most divorces in my experience wasn't do to growing apart.

and its a really ####ty experience for kids - I know very few people who experience divorce as a kid and don't hold some type of ill will or negative perception from childhood

Stormchaser
06-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Of course marriages take work, relationships in general take work. Friendships take work.

I guess that's where we can disagree.

I'll ask you to clarify what exactly you are alluding to when you say "this attitude towards marriage is why we are where we are right now". Where are we right now?

Personally I think the stats speak for themselves. 50% divorce rate? crazy if you ask me. I'm sure there's more information out there to break it down further into age categorys and such. What I feel is that marriages should not be started in the first place if the two individuals getting married aren't committed to working on it.....for better or worse....richer or poorer. You made the statement that people just "grow apart". I agree, there are ups and downs in any relationship. (just wanted to say that I do not think a couple should stay together in a abusive relationship)

It shouldn't be a 'goal' to get married, and getting divorced shouldn't be considered a 'failure'.

Neither of which I said.

There are plenty of people in very long term commitments who aren't married that have happy, fulfilling relationships with each other.

Off topic but I agree.

Your comment has the underlying tone that married > not married, and that really irks me.

Some people shouldn't marry that's for sure. Not sure where you get the whole "its better to be married bit" from me......want to clarify?

Flashpoint
06-29-2012, 01:18 PM
The Scientologist version of 'spiritual counseling' is called auditing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditing_(Scientology)). A trained Scientology can use an E-meter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-meter) to measure the number of harmful thetans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thetans) (spirits) in the body.

Needless to say, these people are ####ing nuts.

No different than any other religious fundamentalists.

The Goon
06-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Well, as long as we've all become a bunch of broads talking about celebrity relationships...

...sorry to hear about this, but I wonder why any celebrities bother with marriage.

troutman
06-29-2012, 01:33 PM
...sorry to hear about this, but I wonder why any celebrities bother with marriage.

To cover up that they are gay.

4X4
06-29-2012, 01:45 PM
I wonder why any celebrities bother with marriage.

Publicity

Svensational
06-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Well Tom's been off his rocker for awhile now.. not surprised she's grabbing the kid and running.

Resolute 14
06-29-2012, 02:45 PM
To cover up that they are gay.

Thus, the Fark headline on this: "Tom Cruise shaves beard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_%28companion%29)".

metallicat
06-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Well this news ruined my weekend.

TorqueDog
06-29-2012, 03:13 PM
No different than any other religious fundamentalists.You'll hear no argument from me there. It's all absurd, but the significant difference is that the mainstream cults have been around for a couple thousand years, give or take. Scientology hasn't, and it is perplexing to think that this many people bought into this nonsense in the 1950s and forward.
Personally I think the stats speak for themselves. 50% divorce rate? crazy if you ask me. I'm sure there's more information out there to break it down further into age categorys and such. What I feel is that marriages should not be started in the first place if the two individuals getting married aren't committed to working on it.....for better or worse....richer or poorer. You made the statement that people just "grow apart". I agree, there are ups and downs in any relationship. (just wanted to say that I do not think a couple should stay together in a abusive relationship)I agree with you that you shouldn't get into a marriage (or any relationship) if you're not willing to put in some effort. But people change, and unfortunately some people just fall 'out of love' with each other. They're not attracted to each other. They may still care for the person, but that connection isn't there.

Neither of which I said.And neither of which I attributed to you; more of a general remark directed at some of the perspectives that I encounter on the marriage/divorce issue.
Some people shouldn't marry that's for sure. Not sure where you get the whole "its better to be married bit" from me......want to clarify?The statement "why we are where we are" carried with it a negative connotation. 50% divorce rate, sure, to say nothing of the reasons behind the divorces. Is it higher because fewer people are willing to stay in a bad marriage because divorce is more socially acceptable these days? If so, good; no one should be admonished to stay in a bad relationship.

By itself, the 50% number is beyond useless.

then your doing it wrong...your suppose to grow together not apart. Most divorces in my experience wasn't do to growing apart.Thanks for the hot tip; I'm sure married couples the world over have just had their eyes opened. And how many marriages have you personally had end? and its a really ####ty experience for kids - I know very few people who experience divorce as a kid and don't hold some type of ill will or negative perception from childhoodIt depends on the circumstances. Messy divorces aren't fun for anyone, kids or parents. But here's a tip: sh*tty marriages aren't any better.

darockwilder
06-29-2012, 03:41 PM
What's the divorce rate in Canada, almost 50%? It's a growing phenomenon. Something to get used to.

I often wonder when people throw out this 50% stat that how many of those 50% are actually 2nd and 3rd marriages ending. Those multi-divorcees are juking the stats!

undercoverbrother
06-29-2012, 03:45 PM
I often wonder when people throw out this 50% stat that how many of those 50% are actually 2nd and 3rd marriages ending. Those multi-divorcees are juking the stats!

http://www.separation.ca/pdfs/divorcefacts.pdf

Flash Walken
06-29-2012, 04:44 PM

When she gets 250 million, probably.

Captain_Obvious
06-29-2012, 05:12 PM
mJBmlckvWoA

troutman
09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Katie Holmes longs for a tall man
http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2012/09/11/20188551-wenn-story.html

Fix the headline:

Katie Holmes longs for a straight man