PDA

View Full Version : Happy Carolina Day!

Red John
06-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

June 19, 2006. Lest we forget.

Joborule
06-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks Hurricanes!

VO #23
06-19-2012, 08:23 PM
With the amount of hate I dole out to the Canucks, I often have to remember to give the Oilers their fair share as well.

Heavy Jack
06-19-2012, 08:44 PM
You guys rock! So happy Brind'amour got a cup :)

http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/0620brind.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rqFAo0J9Db0/Tv5OKwdHacI/AAAAAAAAADU/Nyr9TFDJx84/s1600/champagne-bottle.jpg

Bertuzzied
06-19-2012, 09:00 PM
We need to thank the idiot Oiler who injured Roloson too.

I_H8_Crawford
06-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Happy Carolina Day!!

http://members.shaw.ca/hahastupidoilers/Happy_Carolina_Day.swf

Heavy Jack
06-19-2012, 09:42 PM
^^^ lol

Dion
06-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Npxeik4GnDo

mikephoen
06-19-2012, 11:17 PM
I always forget that Carolina Day is so late in the month! I was going to go to bed, but I need a beer to celebrate first!

pylon
06-19-2012, 11:20 PM
edit:

nm, can't do it, too mean. I cannot expend any of my hate on any other team than the Canucks. The Oilers are legit 5 time champions. The Canucks are legit losers for life. I need to focus my energy on hating them.

saskflames69
06-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Carolina Day doesn't really do it for me. Boston Day gets me off quite nicely, though.

pylon
06-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Carolina Day doesn't really do it for me. Boston Day gets me off quite nicely, though.

Yeah, I also like those non-stat holidays as well. Chicago day, and LA day.

Tsawwassen
06-21-2012, 03:58 AM

Yeah, I also like those non-stat holidays as well. Chicago day, and LA day. Don't forget about New York Day.

Tsawwassen
06-21-2012, 04:11 AM
We need to thank the idiot Oiler who injured Roloson too. The injury doesn't need to be thanked as Markkannen took over in goal starting in game 2 and played really well for the rest of the series. The players we need to thank are Jason Smith and Ty Conklin for screwing up the puck around the Oilers net and Brind Amour scoring the winner in game 1. That was comical.

Tsawwassen
06-21-2012, 04:15 AM
Thanks Hurricanes! Loved their songs they played every home game.

Rock you like a Hurricane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGfKi6kpdTQ&feature=fvwrel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGfKi6kpdTQ&feature=fvwrel)

Sweet Caroline http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLPiYZrwAzU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLPiYZrwAzU)

NBC
06-21-2012, 04:19 AM
edit:

nm, can't do it, too mean. I cannot expend any of my hate on any other team than the Canucks. The Oilers are legit 5 time champions. The Canucks are legit losers for life. I need to focus my energy on hating them.

I wonder how often you have had the "5 Cups" thing rubbed in your face? For many of us it has felt like a lifetime. I for one wish nothing good for either the Oilers or the Canucks. that 2006 team was terrible at best and came within one win of making it "We've got 6 Cups". That would have been untenable for many of us.

Thank you Carolina.

icarus
06-21-2012, 04:41 AM
I remember it fondly, watching the game in the middle of the night over Slingbox with a crappy internet connection in Cape Town with a friend who risked life and limb to walk alone through the darkened streets to join me in witnessing the momentous occasion.

Sainters7
06-21-2012, 04:56 AM
For Oilers/Canes game 7 I remember watching it in a crunched up ball in my basement, I was so nervous they were gonna win my stomach hurt, especially just moving here at the time. When the Canes popped in that empty netter I went nuts.

Seriously, after us coming that close, can you imagine the frustration of seeing the Oilers come out of nowhere to win yet another one the next year? Happy (belated) Carolina Day! Never forget.

Resolute 14
06-21-2012, 07:31 AM
This was so long ago it's like still hating the Canadiens for beating us in 1986.

pylon
06-21-2012, 07:40 AM
I wonder how often you have had the "5 Cups" thing rubbed in your face? For many of us it has felt like a lifetime. I for one wish nothing good for either the Oilers or the Canucks. that 2006 team was terrible at best and came within one win of making it "We've got 6 Cups". That would have been untenable for many of us.

Thank you Carolina.

I go right back to the original days, I have cheered for the Flames since day 1. I have never really associated with people from Edmonton, so it have never been rubbed in my face. But no matter how you slice it and dice it, the Oilers never didn't deserve a cup they won, and they never cheated and dived their way to a cup. They were just the best hockey team ever assembled for the better part of a decade. They could have laced up that dynasty team, against the rest of the NHL in an All-Star game, and they probably would have still won. I can't besmirch them for that.

Yet somehow, Canuck fans, are cockier and more arrogant than a team like the Oilers that has won everything. It is mind bottling.

Howie_16
06-21-2012, 02:50 PM
This was so long ago it's like still hating the Canadiens for beating us in 1986.

That hatred still burns hot in my soul... :D

browna
06-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Regardless of the toilet bowl depths that the Oilers have sunk to since that wonderful day in 2006, muting most of their reasonable fans, and no matter where the Flames are in the standings, the Oilers will forever be the most hated rival.

Clips of Sather giving Flames fans the finger, Risebrough shredding McSorley's jersey in the penalty box, Semenko kneeing players in fights, Flames fans cheering as Messier gets run from behind breaking his arm, booing all the Oilers at the 85 All Star game, were common place back then for that era....any one of those incidents happen in an NHL game today and there's TSN panels discussing the severity and public condemnation for months. Hell, there's an extra 5 pages added to a PGT when Burrows dives or Kesler hides behind officials in scrums....what would it be if there was a 30% chance every game there would be a bench clearing brawl or gross misconducts, like there was for that decade of the early 80's to early 90's Flames/Oilers games?

Letting the Oilers off the hook as hated rivals because they suck is poor form.

The Yen Man
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
That was such an unbelievably fun day. I was up in Edmonton visiting my ex gf, and all through the playoffs her friends would be ribbing me about how the Flames choked against the Ducks, and the Oilers were going to finish what the Flames couldn't do in 2004. Two of the girls actually cried and the guys wanted to murder me when the game was over. Those tears were extra delicious.

mikephoen
06-19-2013, 10:54 AM
It's Carolina Day 2013!

Fitting that the weather is like a hurricane out there today!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/cdnuniguy/Hurricanes/commodore-1.jpg

Sainters7
06-19-2013, 11:23 AM
I know some will say its time to let it go, but I say let it live on. I've been to Rexall for BoA's as recently as a couple years ago where they put on the jumbotron "the C still stands for CHOKE!" in reference to '04.
June 19th, 2006 was a great day. **** the Oilers.

EDIT: I was so nervous watching that game I was sick. I still remember afterwards how nice the evening sky looked as I stood on my front lawn having a beer in St. Albert with a big, relieved grin on my face. It was awfully quiet outside.. :D

troutman
06-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Carolina Day was late for me - I was in France, and NHL news was hard to come by. My Canadian friend arrived, and told me CAR won. I did not believe him at first, but then we drank Carcassonne dry.

Stay Golden
06-19-2013, 11:45 AM
:D Thank you letters out to Ladd and Bergeron!

/bhnCJER5ABg

browna
06-19-2013, 12:29 PM
:D Thank you letters out to Ladd and Bergeron!

/bhnCJER5ABg

Special assist to Ty Conklin for giving Game 1 away after the Roloson injury in the dying seconds:
MwlvOmIe3XE