PDA

View Full Version : The Pitch - Documentary/Reality TV on AMC

KTrain
05-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Is anyone else watching "The Pitch" on AMC?

It's only 3 episodes in but it's pretty fun and a much higher quality "reality" television show. It has more of a documentary feel about it because the production value is better than a typical reality TV show.

I think they're attempting to show what modern Mad Men are like. They definitely show some of the personalities involved in the industry. Lots of ego and d-baggery, but also lots of creativity and energy.

AMC's new original series The Pitch offers viewers an intense, gripping, never-before-seen glimpse inside America’s top ad agencies. Each week watch two agencies as they compete to win a new client the only way they can: by going head-to-head in a cut-throat, winner-takes-all showdown, a presentation known as The Pitch. With only seven days to prepare, the pressure to perform is intense. The whining, the brainstorming, the blue-sky thinking: it’s all here as the teams work around the clock and pray for the moment of inspiration that will win them the job and keep their companies alive. The drama is real, the stakes are high, and the clock is ticking. From the producers of Undercover Boss. Witness the pressure…The passion…The Pitch.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-pitch

JerzeeGirl
05-09-2012, 08:34 AM
I've really enjoyed the series so far and I hope they keep it going for awhile. It's fascinating to watch the creative process and how they focus on some really small things (all the different font concepts for the Waste Management campaign for instance) and the big themes as well. A great look into an industry that I once seriously considered joining. This kind of reality tv is vastly more entertaining than American Idol or Real Housewives of Skankville.

Mass_nerder
05-09-2012, 10:30 AM
I like it a lot.
It's pretty neat to get an inside look into the wonderful world of advertising.
I find that the best idea doesn't always win. The presentation, and use of a variety of mediums seems to take precedence.
I also really like to see the offices and creative spaces these firms work out of.

KTrain
05-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Second Episode Spoiler
I really liked the "Trash Can" pitch for Waste Management. I thought it was a much stronger concept than what was chosen. WM got hung up on the fancy social media/QR code stuff.

Mass_nerder
05-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Second Episode Spoiler
I really liked the "Trash Can" pitch for Waste Management. I thought it was a much stronger concept than what was chosen. WM got hung up on the fancy social media/QR code stuff.
That's exactly what I was talking about in my previous post!
It was the MUCH stronger idea.

JerzeeGirl
05-09-2012, 10:45 AM
TOTALLY agree!!!!

Was glad for the follow up on The Ad Store at the end of that episode.

Second Episode Spoiler