PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Plant

undercoverbrother
04-30-2012, 07:28 AM
Has anyone been watching this series on Discovery?

Pretty amazing scene, and some interesting facts, like the Inuit harvesting muscles twice a year during a 30 min window when they can go out under the ice.

Daradon
04-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Frozen Plant?

psyang
04-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Harvesting muscles?

Buzzard
04-30-2012, 08:32 AM
^
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?p=3566574#post3566574

psyang
04-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I saw that video when it was first posted. I was just having a bit of fun at undercoverbrother's expense.

Admittedly, it took me a while to realize what he was talking about when I first read the post. Spelling actually does matter. My first thought was of a giant Venus Flytrap-like plant in the tundra, from which the Inuit would retrieve bits of digested meat the plant had eaten (there's a video out there of a Venus flytrap that ate a mouse, and all that was left was bits of soggy fur - even the bones/teeth were gone).

undercoverbrother
04-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I saw that video when it was first posted. I was just having a bit of fun at undercoverbrother's expense.

Admittedly, it took me a while to realize what he was talking about when I first read the post. Spelling actually does matter. My first thought was of a giant Venus Flytrap-like plant in the tundra, from which the Inuit would retrieve bits of digested meat the plant had eaten (there's a video out there of a Venus flytrap that ate a mouse, and all that was left was bits of soggy fur - even the bones/teeth were gone).

that's fair, I will own that, the original post is a fail.

still it's a very cool program.

vanisleflamesfan
05-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah I have seen a few of them and I really like it. Some great footage and, like you say, interesting facts.