PDA

View Full Version : Laurent "Fricking" Brossoit

GreenLantern2814
04-19-2012, 01:40 AM
Last year's 6th rounder is tearing it up in the WHL Playoffs, having not lost a game through two rounds, going 8-0 with a 1.50 GAA, a .946 save percentage and 2 shutouts. During the regular season, he was one of only 6 WHL goaltenders to play in 60 games (He appeared in 61), posting a record of 42-13-5 with a 2.46 GAA and a .914 save percentage, and 3 shutouts.

Whatever you want to say about the quality of the Oil Kings as a team, his post-season numbers indicate he's elevating his game when it matters most. He's dialed in mentally at the most crucial time of the year, despite a very heavy junior workload. I've always felt that when evaluating goaltenders, the physical side of the game is completely secondary; the difference between Jonathan Quick's reflexes and Miikka Kiprusoff's are negligible. What makes a goaltender great is what's between his ears.

So assuming he continues to develop and build on this run of success, what do our expectations become for Brossoit? Is he a potential starter down the road? Quality backup/fringe starter? Does he have a look at the Team Canada job next Christmas (I would expect Hockey Canada to place HEAVY emphasis on their goaltenders' mental toughness next year).

If nothing else, Brossoit could be another case in favor of never taking a goaltender in the first round.

TurnedTheCorner
04-19-2012, 01:45 AM
|:|

http://www.funkybusiness.net/images/Stu%20Stuff/stu3.wav

TurnedTheCorner
04-19-2012, 01:48 AM
nm

Pierre "Monster" McGuire
04-19-2012, 01:52 AM
Brossoit definitely deserves a "Frickin" thread. The guy's been a beast so far. What I like most is that he's been performing FAR better than the much coveted Colorado goaltending prospect Calvin Pickard.

Vulcan
04-19-2012, 05:38 AM
Named CHL goalie of the week.

http://www.inews880.com/Channels/Reg/LocalSports/Story.aspx?ID=1688305

Husky
04-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Another promising player. Flames prospect pool is night and shoulders better than it was 2 years ago. If the Flames can manage to snag a couple potentials this draft we are fine. We need 1 more poential top forward and D.

King Theo
04-19-2012, 07:00 AM
So assuming he continues to develop and build on this run of success, what do our expectations become for Brossoit? Is he a potential starter down the road? Quality backup/fringe starter? Does he have a look at the Team Canada job next Christmas (I would expect Hockey Canada to place HEAVY emphasis on their goaltenders' mental toughness next year).

I think that you always want all of your pick to be starters.

Mass_nerder
04-19-2012, 08:24 AM
He looks promising, but goalies are one of those positions that are so tough to judge.
It's nice knowing that the Flames have a solid supply of potentially good starting goalies coming up.

getbak
04-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Shaw will be broadcasting the entire series between the Oil Kings and Moose Jaw on channel 10 in SD and 301 in HD (their HD quality in the first 2 rounds was laughably bad, but hopefully it will be better for at least the games from Edmonton).

#1 - Moose Jaw @ Edmonton; Friday, April 20 (7:00pm)
#2 - Moose Jaw @ Edmonton; Sunday, April 22 (5:00pm)
#3 - Edmonton @ Moose Jaw; Tuesday, April 24 (7:00pm)
#4 - Edmonton @ Moose Jaw; Wednesday, April 25 (7:00pm)
#5 - Moose Jaw @ Edmonton; Friday, April 27 (7:00pm)**
#6 - Edmonton @ Moose Jaw; Sunday, April 29 (6:00pm)**
#7 - Moose Jaw @ Edmonton; Tuesday, May 1 (7:00pm)**

Shaw will also carry the WHL Finals, and Sportsnet airs the entire Memorial Cup, so we will be able to watch every game Brossoit plays until the end of the season.

FlamesAddiction
04-19-2012, 08:59 AM
He looks promising, but goalies are one of those positions that are so tough to judge.
It's nice knowing that the Flames have a solid supply of potentially good starting goalies coming up.

True. Keetley (another 5th rounder) looked like a decent prospect and fizzled after going pro.

Still, I like that Brossoit is on the right trajectory. If the draft were to be done over, I think he'd go higher than 5th round.

North East Goon
04-19-2012, 09:05 AM
I like his name, it has a Rejean Lemelin feel to it rolling off the tongue!

Robbob
04-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Don't know a lot about him honestly. Is he on a Keetly type tear or a legit goalie prospect?

kyuss275
04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Looks like the flames position of strength is goalies.

Ortio
Irving
Ramo
Brossoit

The funny thing is that we really don't know yet if any of them are even capable of a full time back-up role, let alone NHL starters. I do have a feeling that Irving is legit but we will find out next season.

Actually that is not funny. Just shows how bad our other positions are in the prospect world if goalies are #1 strength.

Ashasx
04-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Brossoit plays on a very, very good Oil Kings team, so I'm still not certain of him.

But nonetheless, it's great to see Flames prospects have success.

North East Goon
04-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Why is everyone pencilling in Irving for the back-up spot? Karlsson still has a year left on his contract - doesnt he?

sworkhard
04-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Why is everyone pencilling in Irving for the back-up spot? Karlsson still has a year left on his contract - doesnt he?

Mostly because Irving played better and most consistently than Karlsson. Since Karlsson doesn't have a big contract, he should be relatively easy to move to a European team, send to the AHL, or even trade to another team.

getbak
04-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Irving effectively took the backup spot this year, and Feaster basically said as much in his end of season pressers.

I expect Karlsson to get moved in the off-season if any team wants him, or else he'll likely end up getting loaned to a team in Europe next season (or they could send him to Abbotsford if Taylor goes elsewhere).

MisterJoji
04-19-2012, 11:11 AM

Green text?

North East Goon
04-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Green text?

Nope. It's a legit question. Most are assuming Irving will be the back-up but no one can bet the farm on it.

kyuss275
04-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Nope. It's a legit question. Most are assuming Irving will be the back-up but no one can bet the farm on it.

He is RFA this year and he said that he almost went to Europe last year. I would bet if the flames do not offer him a one way contract he goes to Europe or is traded.

That means the flames will have 3 goalies on one way contracts. I would also bet that Irvings one way contract will be for more money that CT's contract.

madmike
04-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Irving effectively took the backup spot this year, and Feaster basically said as much in his end of season pressers.

I expect Karlsson to get moved in the off-season if any team wants him, or else he'll likely end up getting loaned to a team in Europe next season (or they could send him to Abbotsford if Taylor goes elsewhere).

Yeah any time the Flames actually needed a backup to play they called up Irving. Then they'd send him back down and Karlsson would be the backup - until the next time the backup needed to play when Irving was called up.

I didn't think Karlsson was all that bad, but it's pretty clear management had no faith in him.

thymebalm
04-24-2012, 11:01 PM
With the win tonight. that's TWENTY straight wins for Brossoit dating back to the 24th of February. He sits 1st in all goalie stats (wins, sv%, GAA, SO) in the WHL playoffs and has won the CHL goalie of week for the second straight week. You can't get much hotter than this kid.

getbak
04-24-2012, 11:08 PM
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/6500690.bin?size=620x400s

Sidney Crosby's Hat
04-25-2012, 12:35 AM
With the win tonight. that's TWENTY straight wins for Brossoit dating back to the 24th of February. He sits 1st in all goalie stats (wins, sv%, GAA, SO) in the WHL playoffs and has won the CHL goalie of week for the second straight week. You can't get much hotter than this kid.

Amazing run. For those who say he's hiding behind a strong Oil Kings team, he did make 48 saves on 49 shots in Game 2.

Stampede2TheCup
04-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Don't know a lot about him honestly. Is he on a Keetly type tear or a legit goalie prospect?

It's way to early to tell how he will end up. Keetly was a legit prospect, he just didn't pan out. Brossoit is a legit prospect. For him we'll have to wait and see. For all but a very elite few at his age (not even appearing every year), goalies are mostly longshots and fairly hard to predict.

I've seen quite a bit of undue negativity towards goaltending prospects from other posters. Statistically most goaltending prospects at his age won't make it to the NHL full time so in my opinion just stop fearing the unknown and just take it as a fact about the position. There's nothing wrong with being happy or excited with the success of a prospect though as it means your chances in the lottery of longshots is improving.

OzSome
04-25-2012, 08:01 AM
It just goes to show you there are some young players develop at the later age. It also shows that's because you were drafted late round, you will not have any chance in playing in the NHL. I am not saying Broosoit will challenge for the spot right away but the way he's been playing lately, the future is looking good.

Street Pharmacist
04-25-2012, 08:09 AM
It just goes to show you there are some young players develop at the later age. It also shows that's because you were drafted late round, you will not have any chance in playing in the NHL. I am not saying Broosoit will challenge for the spot right away but the way he's been playing lately, the future is looking good.

Like Fotze said, you can't tell anything from how he is playing really. He's lights out right now, but with goaltenders, it may not mean much in 5 years

Stampede2TheCup
04-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Until the goalie has a starting job in the NHL its an absolute HU-ore, to tell if they are going to be a good goalie. Don't even waste time following a goalie prospect, like following a certain bingo ball in the bingo machine at bingo.

That being said, he's played well, maybe, I think.

It's only a waste of time to follow prospects as described if you feel it's only worthwhile watching virtually sure NHL'ers. It's fine if that's how you feel but many people simply enjoy watching the hockey where the prospects play and players being tied to the Flames is an added benefit. Many people also don't mind being excited about following prospects even if they know in the end there's a good chance of them not making the NHL.

BigRed
04-25-2012, 07:50 PM
like following a certain bingo ball in the bingo machine at bingo.

Just to be sure: You're talking about bingo, right?

Vulcan
04-25-2012, 08:15 PM
I was poor with my terminology, follow him to, obviously. Maybe I would have been better to say is pointless to 'predict future outcome' as opposed to 'follow'.

Goalies are just an absolute crapshoot until the day they make it. I have no idea what it is that makes them tick and how it gets them to the elite level. I think you can have poor confidence and be a good player, but a goalie needs the right stuff between the ears or they are done. We can't see whats going on in their head though.

Hell, following prospects is the only thing I have been interested in with this team for a few years now.

Andre Trefilov (http://www.goaliesarchive.com/flames/trefilov.html) is an example for me. Did very well everywhere but in the NHL, although I remember one spectacular game against the Rangers.

thymebalm
04-26-2012, 02:25 AM
Sadly, I ruined his streak with my post. The Oil Kings got lit up 5-1 tonight.

themedicineman
04-26-2012, 02:42 AM
Can't help but feel he could be another Keetley. Similar numbers on about equally skilled teams while picking up play in the playoffs.

GreenLantern2814
04-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Can't help but feel he could be another Keetley. Similar numbers on about equally skilled teams while picking up play in the playoffs.

Honestly, so what if he is? He was a 6th round pick. He's doing well right now. He's elevated his game at a crucial time of the year. I have to think that Hockey Canada is watching what he does in this playoff run very closely, and that he's at the very least on the list of invitees to the summer camp, if not the main one in December.

I'm not saying he's gonna be like these guys, but of the top goalies in the modern game's history (Roy, Brodeur, Belfour, Joseph, Hasek) only one of them was a 1st round pick. Roy was a 3rd, Joseph was undrafted and Hasek and Belfour were taken VERY late. Kiprusoff was 116th overall. Lundqvist was 205th overall.

Wait and see what he does, he's obviously very mentally tough, and that's most of the battle right there.

oldschoolcalgary
04-26-2012, 07:53 AM
as mentioned, goalies are notoriously hard to project...prospects in general are, but goalies are the most difficult.

this is the exact reason why the Flames need to load up on picks and prospects and not trade them away; you are playing the odds with drafting, so you want to accrue as many picks as possible.

edslunch
04-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Can we agree that a prospect playing lights out at this level is a better indicator of future success than playing like a sieve? Projecting him as a sure fire NHLer is dumb for the reasons repeated ad nauseum in this thread, but saying that his current stats are meaningless and he's sure to flop are just as dumb.

dammage79
04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Honestly, so what if he is? He was a 6th round pick. He's doing well right now. He's elevated his game at a crucial time of the year. I have to think that Hockey Canada is watching what he does in this playoff run very closely, and that he's at the very least on the list of invitees to the summer camp, if not the main one in December.

I'm not saying he's gonna be like these guys, but of the top goalies in the modern game's history (Roy, Brodeur, Belfour, Joseph, Hasek) only one of them was a 1st round pick. Roy was a 3rd, Joseph was undrafted and Hasek and Belfour were taken VERY late. Kiprusoff was 116th overall. Lundqvist was 205th overall.

Wait and see what he does, he's obviously very mentally tough, and that's most of the battle right there.

Belfour never got drafted. He was a FA signing out of ncaa.

GreenLantern2814
04-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Belfour never got drafted. He was a FA signing out of ncaa.

Ah; I remembered him as being a 9th rounder or something.

flamesrule14
04-26-2012, 12:13 PM

I don't know if this is a really fair comparision for Brossoit. Was Keetley not an overager when he and the Tigers had the big playoff run and went to the Memorial Cup? Brossoit is 18-19 whereas Keetley was 20-21. Brossoit has been pretty impressive all year and I think you have to like his progress this season. Goalies are tough to project and he might never made it, but I definetly think he's shown some good steps and potential. I've seen the Keetley comparision a few times in this thread and I think there is a big difference between the two of them.

Calgary4LIfe
04-26-2012, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about Brossoit getting a bit lit up in the playoffs. He has been stealing games for the Oil Kings so far this playoffs by the looks of things. Kipper looked 'human' at times in the '04 run as well. I would be more interested to see how Brossoit responds next game.

All goalies get lit up at times. Roy, Broudeur, Kipper, Lundqvist.. As long as he rebounds and has a good game next outing.

topfiverecords
05-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Bump: Flames goalie prospect off to the Memorial Cup!

getbak
05-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Bump: Flames goalie prospect off to the Memorial Cup!
After winning the WHL Playoff MVP.

Komskies
05-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Here's to Laurent Frickin' winning it all.

cowtown75
05-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Congrats to Brossoit and a wicked performance ! things are looking very nice in the Flames goalie stables-

MoneyGuy
05-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Here's to Laurent Frickin' winning it all.

Here's to the Oil Kings winning it all.

Cheerio
05-14-2012, 10:32 PM

Who are the Oil Kings?

topfiverecords
05-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Who are the Oil Kings?

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb15/smashcard/not_sure_if_serious.jpg

sevenarms
05-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Ugh... I'm hoping that Brossoit has an excellent Memorial Cup but I can't cheer for the Oil Kings. I can't cheer for any Edmonton team.

Best case scenario is that the Oil Kings lose in the final 1-0 and Brossoit makes 60 saves. Learning from big losses can be equally as important as being a winner.

FanIn80
05-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I dunno. I think I can rise above my hatred of everything Edmonton enough to hope that a Flames prospect gets a championship. Especially one who is as deserving as Brossoit.

In terms of priority, hating Edmonton (and Vancouver) is a distant second to anything that benefits Calgary.

T@T
05-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Anyone else worried if this kid wins the cup he might be hard to get signed? If he gets the MVP Feaster would probably have to offer a 6th round pick 1st round dollars.

Ashasx
05-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Anyone else worried if this kid wins the cup he might be hard to get signed? If he gets the MVP Feaster would probably have to offer a 6th round pick 1st round dollars.

6th rounders can only be offered so much. He can't get Baertschi money.

He will be no problem to sign.

calumniate
05-15-2012, 04:28 PM

How about pay him in Canadian dollars, and save lots of money?

rogermexico
05-15-2012, 04:28 PM

I wasn't aware there was a connection in the CBA between the round a player was drafted in and the compensation they were entitled to?

T@T
05-15-2012, 04:29 PM

I didn't know there were actual rules in place, I seem to remember some players wanting more or they would go back in the draft. Off the top of my head Stoll and Lombardi come to mind.

Ashasx
05-15-2012, 04:31 PM
I didn't know there were actual rules in place, I seem to remember some players wanting more or they would go back in the draft. Off the top of my head Stoll and Lombardi come to mind.

This can be said for any draft pick. What if Yakupov refuses to sign with the Oilers?

Erixon has really frightened this forum. Money will not be a problem with Brossoit.

Phanuthier
05-15-2012, 05:03 PM
I wasn't aware there was a connection in the CBA between the round a player was drafted in and the compensation they were entitled to?
I don't think there is. I know there is a new CBA, but Jarrett Stoll anyone?

(FTR: no opinion on whether we can sign Brossoit or not)

Ashasx
05-15-2012, 05:15 PM
I wonder if we'll be able to sign Gaudreau, Wotherspoon, and Granlund.

I wonder if we'll be able to sign any of our picks ever, even though they've shown no indication yet that they are little brats like Erixon.

T@T
05-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I wonder if we'll be able to sign Gaudreau, Wotherspoon, and Granlund.

I wonder if we'll be able to sign any of our picks ever, even though they've shown no indication yet that they are little brats like Erixon.
Gaudreau isn't a problem as we can't sign him until he's leaves college,few players would anounce turning pro and wait 2 years to re-enter the draft for a better deal.

Granlund is in Finland which is a similar circumstance.

I wouldn't worry about Wotherspoon as while he looks good I doubt teams would be licking their chops to re-draft him after a refusal to sign.

EVERLAST
05-15-2012, 06:04 PM
all the pessimistic Debbie downers crap aside ....I hope this kid IS this good and is wearing Flame silks posting Kipper like stats soon so I can sleep during the season when Kipper is gone.

GreenLantern2814
05-15-2012, 07:23 PM
So... Playoff MVP and putting up top 3 numbers in the W... Safe to say he's a front-runner for the starting job next Christmas?

moon
05-15-2012, 07:45 PM
So... Playoff MVP and putting up top 3 numbers in the W... Safe to say he's a front-runner for the starting job next Christmas?

I think Subban with his Hockey Canada experience would still be at least co-favorite but these two look like the clear top guys now.

A lot will obviously depend on next fall and the camps.

Mitch
05-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Don't know if anyone posted this.

Tyler Bunz ‏@tylerbunz
canadian fans have a lot to look forward to with @LBrossoit in the pipes next year.. guy is a stud. #playoffmvp #nobigdeal

Oiler goalie prospect

GreenLantern2814
05-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Don't know if anyone posted this.

Tyler Bunz ‏@tylerbunz
canadian fans have a lot to look forward to with @LBrossoit in the pipes next year.. guy is a stud. #playoffmvp #nobigdeal

Oiler goalie prospect

Bunz loves to pump up flames prospects on twitter if I recall; wasn't he the one who tweeted that Sven belonged in the show when he got recalled?

Roof-Daddy
05-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Bunz loves to pump up flames prospects on twitter if I recall; wasn't he the one who tweeted that Sven belonged in the show when he got recalled?

Nope, that was Calvin Pickard.

Calvin Pickard ‏ @cpickard
Good riddance to @SvenBaertschi on getting called up..... #dontcomeback #youbelongintheshow

Pierre "Monster" McGuire
05-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Nice little article on Brossoit and the support for his dad's multiple sclerosis:

http://www.mastercardmemorialcup.ca/article/father-s-fight-inspires-oil-king/122616

There is an old cliché in hockey about a player battling for the name on the front of his jersey – not the one on the back. Edmonton Oil Kings goaltender Laurent Brossoit is also battling for someone else – and it’s shown on the back of his goalie mask.
“We don’t know how strong we are until being strong is the only choice we have – multiple sclerosis awareness”
Those words adore the back plate on Brossoit’s mask in honour of his father John who has been battling the disease for more than five years.

“I want to support my dad, I know he's going through a lot in his life, explained Brossoit, 19. “I just put the paint job on the back of my mask to let him know that he's in the back of my mind at all times and we're doing this together.”

http://chl.uploads.mrx.ca/memorial/images/en/newser/2012/05/Brossoit_Laurent_mask_21957.jpg

Ashasx
05-21-2012, 07:50 PM
wrong thread

Mitch
06-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Flames prospect Laurent Brossoit has been invited to Hockey Canada's Program of Excellence goaltending camp ~
http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=633696

Not that surprising

Roof-Daddy
06-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Awesome. Congrats to him.

Would be fantastic if he could make the team, win Gold at the WJC and then return to the Memorial Cup with the EOK's and win that too.

Mitch
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Brossoit interview from flames website:

http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=181008

Loob/Backlund
06-10-2012, 10:02 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScgc3xaWJBh3tcKQ0Ll1LsUBtopW3nn foaX-O1-bNg2WhVZ6a5bA (http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=laurent+brossoit&hl=en&newwindow=1&biw=1920&bih=928&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=mpeZR0Yi8ia21M:&imgrefurl=http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/06/07/brossoit-aims-for-flames-team-canada&docid=z4yeEDqZru3E6M&imgurl=http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1337910228397_ORIGINAL.jpg%253Fquality%253D80%2526 size%253D650x&w=650&h=462&ei=ccPUT9WnA-Ti2AWkyJ2yDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=707&vpy=511&dur=7513&hovh=189&hovw=266&tx=198&ty=93&sig=110150775415695969903&page=1&tbnh=137&tbnw=188&start=0&ndsp=48&ved=1t:429,r:23,s:0,i:144)
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlZlCnnnwkU_kZyAHJBJsMcC8-PpbXlR4EMgrhHsxSpINcndFrhg (http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=laurent+brossoit&hl=en&newwindow=1&biw=1920&bih=928&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=rHnOlqCBgu9BgM:&imgrefurl=http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/04/23/oil-kings-win-6-1&docid=9xbh1t51qxFipM&imgurl=http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1335113535240_ORIGINAL.jpg%253Fquality%253D80%2526 size%253D650x&w=650&h=389&ei=ccPUT9WnA-Ti2AWkyJ2yDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=347&vpy=364&dur=3410&hovh=174&hovw=290&tx=211&ty=107&sig=110150775415695969903&page=1&tbnh=104&tbnw=173&start=0&ndsp=48&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0,i:105)[/URL][URL="http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=laurent+brossoit&hl=en&newwindow=1&biw=1920&bih=928&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=1FTjMzjTAWoP3M:&imgrefurl=http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/2011/10/foster-and-oil-kings-reaching-new.html&docid=mvb--Z_dISjb-M&imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kDobdrOBrAE/TpUn1SjIdyI/AAAAAAAAH6M/Ot0NcC6pBRI/s1600/Brossoit%25252BLaurent%25252BEOK%25252B10.JPG&w=720&h=540&ei=ccPUT9WnA-Ti2AWkyJ2yDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=194&vpy=509&dur=2446&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=210&ty=96&sig=110150775415695969903&page=1&tbnh=137&tbnw=206&start=0&ndsp=48&ved=1t:429,r:20,s:0,i:135"]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMNuw7Tgl7PDVB49v2htCRUHN7tV3yj hFU_FgIzuEcCSSww1SpoQ (http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=laurent+brossoit&hl=en&newwindow=1&biw=1920&bih=928&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=rHnOlqCBgu9BgM:&imgrefurl=http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/04/23/oil-kings-win-6-1&docid=9xbh1t51qxFipM&imgurl=http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1335113535240_ORIGINAL.jpg%253Fquality%253D80%2526 size%253D650x&w=650&h=389&ei=ccPUT9WnA-Ti2AWkyJ2yDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=347&vpy=364&dur=3410&hovh=174&hovw=290&tx=211&ty=107&sig=110150775415695969903&page=1&tbnh=104&tbnw=173&start=0&ndsp=48&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0,i:105)
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0WPV7ipp3A-iMD_jr-x7lyqJx1NKGM8MQaPP49PtrMKKx967UJg
(http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=laurent+brossoit+calgary+flames&start=0&num=10&hl=en&newwindow=1&gbv=2&biw=1920&bih=928&tbm=isch&tbnid=Lk_h8X1Czs59MM:&imgrefurl=http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Flames%2Bprospect%2BBrossoit%2Byearns%2Bkeep%2Bimp roving/6634334/story.html&docid=0AkKYm1PxIRyoM&imgurl=http://www.calgaryherald.com/6634335.bin&w=425&h=620&ei=hsTUT-OmL-KW2QXF16GWAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1150&vpy=494&dur=1142&hovh=271&hovw=186&tx=117&ty=125&sig=110150775415695969903&page=1&tbnh=138&tbnw=96&ndsp=49&ved=1t:429,r:45,s:0,i:79)

Laurent "Frickin" Brossoit!

Mitch
06-15-2012, 01:40 PM
http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=634831

Laurent Brossoit was named to Canada's roster for the Canada-Russia Challenge this summer

Muffins
08-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Brossoit to start the third game of the Canada-Russia Challenge tonight.

Lil Pedro
08-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Looks rather shaky tonight, but Canada's PK isn't really helping him either

GranteedEV
04-10-2015, 02:06 AM
He's not our prospect anymore, so we really shouldn't give a damn... but today Brossoit made his NHL debut and got the first star, posting a .961 with 49 saves.

That also means that every single 2011 Flames draft pick:

Baertschi
Granlund
Wotherspoon
Gaudreau
Brossoit

has had their NHL debut.

What a frickin draft home run our scouts hit.

Geeoff
04-10-2015, 04:57 AM
I thought it was cool that Brossoit was making the start. I'm sure he will be no good, at least until he is traded.

Resolute 14
04-10-2015, 07:07 AM
Great effort for Brossoit, but he was clearly the only Oiler who gave a damn last night. 52 shots? Yeesh.

Samuelsson
04-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Twinge of annoyance.

Erick Estrada
04-10-2015, 07:17 AM
Scrivens had a game like that last year as well but that's not sustainable and they will destroy his career like they do with all their goaltenders.

Poe969
04-10-2015, 07:25 AM
As a Flames fan, I laugh when anyone says "not sustainable". I agree that I don't think anyone could play that well for that team but the Flames are the poster boys of all things "unsustainable"