PDA

View Full Version : Manning Signs With Nyg

Pagal4321
07-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Eli You Get MY Arm And Both My Legs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1848332)

Holy cow this kid just cashed in MAJORLY. I really don't think he's worth it, but those Giants seem to think so. And they put their money where their mouth is.

Calgary Flames
07-29-2004, 01:30 PM
I'd laugh if he was a total bust because his brother is one of the best in the game...

Displaced Flames fan
07-29-2004, 05:15 PM
I don't think he'll be a bust.

He was an outstanding QB on a mediocre college team and took that team a long way in his senior year. He has all the physical and mental tools.

But the important thing here is that he has the Manning work ethic and desire. He'll be a good one.

La Flames Fan
07-29-2004, 06:07 PM
I lost all respect for him when his Dad intervened. He'll always be tainted in my eyes.

Displaced Flames fan
07-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by La Flames Fan@Jul 30 2004, 12:07 AM
I lost all respect for him when his Dad intervened. He'll always be tainted in my eyes.
I thought that way for a while...then I began to think about it if I were in Archie's shoes.

I might have done the same thing.

Besides that, this happens all the time and it's not Eli's fault that the Chargers were stupid enough to go public with it.

sbailey924
07-30-2004, 09:05 AM
I don't think Eli has as much passion for the game as Peyton (which, to Eli's credit, is saying a lot). I don't think Eli will be as good as Peyton over the long haul.

Plus, Eli went to the wrong school.

Patek23
07-30-2004, 09:33 AM
IMO, The Sandiego Chargers QB prospect, Phillip Rivers will be the better quarterback. But thats just my speculation after never seeing either play. I'm just going by a gut feeling that Eli turns into the Eric Lindros of football.