PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Hockey Advice

TopChed
10-29-2011, 09:05 AM
I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for people to ask for fantasy advice on trades and starting lineups etc.

I'm having a dilemma right now on which goalies to start tonight in my H2H league. I have Bryzgalov, Howard and Lehtonen. Lehtonen has only lost one game, and the Stars will play New Jersey at home. Howard is playing the second time in two nights, but against Minnesota who are starting Josh Harding. Then there's Bryz, who only made 6 saves on 10 shots in a relief appearance on Thursday. Philly is playing Carolina, who are starting Brian Boucher.

I'm leaning towards Bryz and Lehtonen, but it's a tough call. Who would you start?

CofR
10-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Ya, I'd go with Bryz and Lehtonen... I always worry about goalies playing two nights in a row.

Geeoff
11-07-2011, 04:48 PM
I can't think of a single situation where I would dress Jimmy Howard over Bryzgalov or Lehtonen.

TopChed
11-09-2011, 12:43 PM
I can't think of a single situation where I would dress Jimmy Howard over Bryzgalov or Lehtonen.

Howard doesn't put up the best stats, but the Wings were always perpetual winners. Until this year anyways.

Five-hole
11-19-2011, 11:36 AM
I've got Bryzgalov, Backstrom, and Lundqvist, and they're all playing tonight, and I can only dress 2. Thoughts?

Five-hole
11-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Nevermind, Biron is starting for the Rags.

YourMother
11-22-2011, 10:23 PM
I've been offered a trade and I'm not 100% sure if I should do it. Here is the trade, for fun I won't tell you what team I am. Just let me know what team is getting the better deal.

In this league its 1 point for goal/assits and .5 for +/-. Also I believe goalie wins are 2 and shutouts are another 2. Game winners and hattys are extra points as well. Also, keep in mind every team has to have 1 rookie at all times on their team, thus why Adam Larsson has been drafted.

Team A gets:

Stamkos
M. Richards
Nugent-Hopkins
Subban
Kronwall
M.A. Fleury

Team B gets:

Crosby
Stastny
M.Koivu
Fowler
Larsson
Niemi

Any thoughts?

Hockey
01-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Interesting proposal i just got in one of my keeper leagues. Right now I am sitting in 13th place of 15 teams, the other guy is 5th place. So obviously im not going to win this year, so I might want to consider trying to get picks and younger players.

I get Stefan Elliot-9 points in 19 games and his 1st rounder

he gets Drew Doughty- 15 points in 35 games.

Its a rotissierre league so goals, assists, points, +/-, ppp, shp all count.

Im thinking I might try and get a 3rd or 4th rounder from him as well.

What do you guys think?

bluck
01-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Team A wins by a mile

Hockey
01-30-2012, 11:30 PM
I just acquired E.Kane and Mark Giordano in a trade. Tell me that Giordano is going to be a good pickup for me.

Wronskian
02-08-2012, 12:09 PM
I just acquired E.Kane and Mark Giordano in a trade. Tell me that Giordano is going to be a good pickup for me.

Unlikely, Bouwmeester may have been a better pick. Giordano doesn't seem to be getting as involved offensively this year.

FurnaceFace
02-09-2012, 03:30 PM

Depends on what the cats are and depends on what you gave up to get them.

Hockey
02-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Was offered Hossa+Desharnais for Kopitar+Legwand.

I'd then have Cole/Desharnais/Pacioretty. I'd be getting rid of a solid young player in Kopitar who is my last remaining original player from 5 years ago.

Currently about 8 points up on 2nd. So far in the month of Feb my team has put up 65 points while 2nd has put up 95, so the gap is closing and I need to do something as the other guy has made a few trades to improve his team.

Hockey
02-28-2012, 10:18 PM
I know nobody really cares but I have actually been entertaining the thought of trading Crosby and Weber. The other guy said he would seriously think about it. However our deadline is tomorrow so it's something that would be done in the off-season.

I would hopefully be getting Landeskog, Seguin, either Hedman or Myers and draft picks. Also he might deal Ovechkin and M.Richards if I threw in another player or pick.