PDA

View Full Version : Adam Lowry

FCAV
10-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Got the opportunity to chat with Adam Lowry last night, the son of Calgary Flames assistant coach Dave Lowry.

He gave me a good chuckle when he said he was glad he wasn't drafted by the Flames. Actually sounded like Dave discouraged the Flames from picking both Adam and his brother, Joel.

“I was real glad it wasn’t Calgary,” Adam said, whose brother Joel was drafted two rounds later by the Los Angeles Kings. “He wants my brother and I to make it on our own,” the Swift Current Broncos forward said. “He had given them a good idea that he was hoping they wouldn’t select us.”
Rest of the story for those that want to read it, but the rest isn't really Flames related: http://futureconsiderations.ca/jets-lowry-hoping-to-blaze-own-trail/

kirant
10-17-2011, 08:41 PM
I can see why. Adam Lowry is a safe pick and, given where Feaster wanted to head, wasn't anywhere near what he would have wanted to make a statement that he wasn't Sutter.

FCAV
10-17-2011, 09:24 PM
I can see why. Adam Lowry is a safe pick and, given where Feaster wanted to head, wasn't anywhere near what he would have wanted to make a statement that he wasn't Sutter.

I think it was more Dave ensuring Calgary didn't pick either of his sons from the way Adam was talking.