PDA

View Full Version : "The League" - The best comedy currently on TV

THE SCUD
08-16-2011, 01:27 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_P3n_Bszr0uk/TK91T0CFdMI/AAAAAAAAAJI/kxvoCqSWD2o/s1600/image_1.jpg

Who else is watching? I've got the two final episodes of season 2 to go then I'll be all caught up and awaiting the October 6th premier of Season 3. The first few episodes of Season 1 are decent, but it just gets better and better... It's surpassed Community as the best sitcom currently on, in my opinion.

The League Season 3 premiers October 6th on FX
Website is here: http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/theleague/index.php

Reaper
08-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Aside from online, is there any way to watch this in Canada?

THE SCUD
08-16-2011, 01:38 PM
I auto-download it it to my media server using Sick Beard (http://sickbeard.com/), and then play it off any of the TV's in my house (all media-center-equipped).

However, it appears FX is coming to Canada: http://www.torontolife.com/daily/hype/prime-time/2011/08/08/rogers-launches-fx-canada/

cKy
08-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Sick Beard, what a fantastic tool that has been. I just started watching this on Sunday, got a few episodes in. I'm a sucker with anything that has Jon Lajoie in it.

d_phaneuf
08-16-2011, 01:43 PM
just came in to say you misspelled Parks and Recreation in the thread title

THE SCUD
08-16-2011, 01:48 PM
just came in to say you misspelled Parks and Recreation in the thread title

Of course a Canucks fan would have such bad taste as to say that P&R is a good show.

That thing started off bad, got good, and now is getting bad again. It's exactly like 30 Rock.

Bootsy
08-16-2011, 02:06 PM
I auto-download it it to my media server using Sick Beard (http://sickbeard.com/), and then play it off any of the TV's in my house (all media-center-equipped).

However, it appears FX is coming to Canada: http://www.torontolife.com/daily/hype/prime-time/2011/08/08/rogers-launches-fx-canada/
About time!...I'm also a fan of Louie too, Louis CK is very good at awkward moments comedy.

d_phaneuf
08-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Of course a Canucks fan would have such bad taste as to say that P&R is a good show.

That thing started off bad, got good, and now is getting bad again. It's exactly like 30 Rock.

not enough unthanks in the world for that post

that being said, The League is very funny

troutman
08-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Anyone that thinks Parks and Rec is in the same universe as Community, needs a new funny bone.

calgaryrocks
08-16-2011, 02:25 PM
just came in to say you misspelled Community in the thread title

fyp:cool:
parks and rec is good, but community is still the best, great every episode, where parks and rec has some great and some ok/good

THE SCUD
08-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Seriously guys - download and watch the League - I was (and still am) a huge Community fan, but I think the league takes it a half-step higher. it's like CP if it was real life.

and for anyone who's seen the show:

I am 99.9% sure that the character Taco is modelled after Fotze:

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/71059_180943424231_7939593_n.jpg = Fotze

THE SCUD
08-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Also, you're all my Nagintas.

YfeRU7I4x4s

6rsCFpi3PHc6rsCFpi3PHc

Barnes
08-16-2011, 02:31 PM
It goes:

The League
Community
Parks and Rec

If you disagree I will smash a bottle of Three Penis wine over your head.

P.S. I have been mercilessly promoting this show in the Should I Be Watching thread. You should have listened.

NSFW
OuEf-xV9hQc

THE SCUD
08-16-2011, 02:32 PM
It goes:

The League
Community
Parks and Rec

You speak more truth that the fotze.

YYC in LAX
08-16-2011, 02:42 PM
It goes:

The League
Community
Parks and Rec

Your opinion doesn't count unless you include Curb Your Enthusiasm in there.

I'll check out The League ASAP.

Barnes
08-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Your opinion doesn't count unless you include Curb Your Enthusiasm in there.

I'll check out The League ASAP.

It's on the list, just not this list.

The League was created by the Executive Producer of Curb BTW...

3 Justin 3
08-16-2011, 03:41 PM

Parks is bad? Yes, and Two and a Half Men is a well crafted comedy. Get the fata outta here.

Also, not surprised to see The League on FX. FX is an amazing channel for television.

Bertuzzied
08-16-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm glad for the 2nd season they upped the budget and stopped filming the series with 1980's CBC camcorders.

It's a pretty funny show, but that first season is hard to watch with the poor production values. It's on channel 246 on shaw in HD.

fatso
08-16-2011, 05:19 PM
'The League' is great, and any guys who have a close group of friends (whether sports-inclined or not) should watch it. Lots of fun.

Paul Scheer is amazing. That guy could read the phone book and I would laugh.

MrMastodonFarm
08-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Anyone that thinks Parks and Rec is in the same universe as Community, needs a new funny bone.

Ron Swanson is his own universe.

YYC in LAX
08-16-2011, 08:05 PM
I'll be buying season one tomorrow during lunch hour. Stand by for YYC review.

red sky
08-16-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm buying it as we speak, or type.

Weiser Wonder
08-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Stopped watching after the Vegas episode. Terrible. First season was funny though.

Mike F
08-16-2011, 08:51 PM
The fact that no one has mentioned Archer yet means no one is getting choked tonight!

To Be Quite Honest
08-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Ron Swanson is his own universe.

Somebody here agrees with you.

3 Justin 3
08-17-2011, 02:44 AM
Ok I've watched 3 episodes so far and I have to agree that this is the best comedy on television.

Also, cool to see a Joffrey Reynolds reference. Getting the recognition he deserves from the Americans.

shootsscores
08-17-2011, 08:44 AM
The fact that no one has mentioned Archer yet means no one is getting choked tonight!

FX legitimately has 3 (and maybe more) of the best comedies on TV right now. Archer and Always Sunny are unbelievable, I just got into The League which is right up there, and they also have the dry humor in Wilfred and Louis (I've seen a couple eps of each, both also very funny).

It's a shame we don't have FX in Canada yet.

Barnes
08-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Kevin:"Taco, you're up. Your pick"

Taco:"You guys still thinking about football?"

Kevin:"Come on, man, just pick'

Taco:"Joffrey reynolds"

Kevin: " WHO IS Joffrey reynolds??????"

Taco: "Running back, calgary stampeders. he's really good"

Kevin: "Taco, it's nfl players only, okay?"

Taco: Darren Sproley

cKy
08-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Ok I've watched 3 episodes so far and I have to agree that this is the best comedy on television.

Also, cool to see a Joffrey Reynolds reference. Getting the recognition he deserves from the Canadians.

FYP. Jon Lajoie is a Canadian.

3 Justin 3
08-17-2011, 03:51 PM
FYP. Jon Lajoie is a Canadian.

True, but the show is written and directed by an American couple. Plus Jon Lajoie is French.

3 Justin 3
08-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Just noticed the Tags, horrible. The League may be awesome, but Parks and Rec. is a top 3 comedy.

Also, just watched the scene where Kevin flips out after losing on the missed field goal. Best scene ever of the history of television.

red sky
08-18-2011, 06:59 AM
Just finished season one. Thanks for bringing this show to my attention SCUD, it is excellent. I loved when Shiva caught Ruxin (or whatever) with the trophy and he says "listen, I can explain, but it is not going to make you feel any better".

THE SCUD
08-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Just finished season one. Thanks for bringing this show to my attention SCUD, it is excellent. I loved when Shiva caught Ruxin (or whatever) with the trophy and he says "listen, I can explain, but it is not going to make you feel any better".

You're welcome - fantastic show!

corporatejay
08-18-2011, 09:00 AM
So i'm on the season 2 finale (bought season 1 and 2 on itunes after reading this thread) and i'm definitely glad I did.

I don't think it's better than Parks and Rec but it's definitely in the conversation for the best comedy on TV. Also, it's got me wicked excited for the NFL season starting in 3 weeks!

Yeah_Baby
08-18-2011, 09:06 AM

Sounds like it's time you went on a rampage!

BlackEleven
08-18-2011, 09:37 AM
True, but the show is written and directed by an American couple. Plus Jon Lajoie is French.

No he isn't. He's Canadian.

foofighter15
08-18-2011, 09:46 AM
This thread is gonna give me viniger eyes

Sainters7
08-18-2011, 10:13 AM
No he isn't. He's Canadian.

I think he was making a joke about French-Canadians not being real Canadians. On a side note, I saw Lajoie's stand-up/concert show last year at UofA, classic.

Gotta start watching this show, especially with my obsession for fantasy football returning the last week or so.

THE SCUD
08-18-2011, 10:25 AM
This thread is gonna give me the vinegar strokes

FYP :w00t:

:whaa: <--- Vinegar eyes

foofighter15
08-18-2011, 12:18 PM
FYP :w00t:

:whaa: <--- Vinegar eyes

I sure hope your not crying when you get to your vinegar strokes ;)

HalifaxDrunk
08-18-2011, 02:08 PM
You can't capture you own vinegar strokes!

3 Justin 3
08-18-2011, 03:02 PM
I've gotten a fear boner before, they exist.

THE SCUD
08-18-2011, 03:03 PM
I've gotten a fear boner before, they exist.

How did this thread go from awesome to boner-talk? It's like a real-life version of the league.

Sainters7
08-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Just got the finale of season 2 left and I'm all caught up. Hilarious show. Season 1 wasn't bad, but it really picks up in season 2. Great cast, though Ruxin & Taco always get me laughing the most. So many quotes I don't even know where to start.

I'm actually kinda glad the Entourage-like NFL cameos from the 1st season stopped, they were awkward. Can't wait for season 3, Dirty Randy aka Seth Rogan will be classic.

Hockey
08-23-2011, 12:43 PM
This show is good, but I prefer It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

THE SCUD
08-23-2011, 12:44 PM
This show is good, but I prefer It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

You're a Canucks fan - you guys have shown sup par taste in this thread thus far (though IASiP is a good'un)

Sainters7
08-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Got the afternoon off, just watched the final episode, solid. Haha I love that whole MMA gym scene with Rafi, so many quotes, I love what an over the top POS they made him on this show.

"When do we get to fight with the knife!??"
"After 9/11, I put on a cop's uniform, got craaazy p****. Never forget."
"Most of the fights I get in, to be honest with you, are with women. So I'm kinda learning their defences, y'know, weak spots...its erotic."

And I think I should change my fantasy football league so intead of $200, the winner gets to punch the loser in the face as hard as he can. Its a dominance league.

Pacem
08-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Calgarypuck has not steered me wrong so far as far as TV shows go. So I guess its off to Bestbuy after work today. The videos from Jon Lajoie on youtube have made me laugh. I love the hands commercial, i've watched quite a few times, when I need a giggle, lol.

I guess I have to get into Community as well. I've started taping the Parks and Rec repeats during this summer, and before they start I catch the end of Community, seemed like it'd be interesting. Seems like good ratings thus far.

About Parks and Rec... Was at a family BBQ this saturday, and my wife snapped a photo inside the womans bathroom. Paintied on the back of the door was Ron Swanson with RFS underneath. Funny stuff.

flames_1987
08-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Just went through the first two seasons of it after hearing the thread was made. Loved it, and actually thought S1 was stronger then S2.

As for the bickering about what show is better, coming from a guy who enjoys Parks and Rec, Community and The League, I could really care less. All 3 shows make me laugh for a variety of reasons. I'm not sure why so many people need to argue at such great length about what show holds the title of "best comedy on tv."

THE SCUD
08-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Just went through the first two seasons of it after hearing the thread was made. Loved it, and actually thought S1 was stronger then S2.

As for the bickering about what show is better, coming from a guy who enjoys Parks and Rec, Community and The League, I could really care less. All 3 shows make me laugh for a variety of reasons. I'm not sure why so many people need to argue at such great length about what show holds the title of "best comedy on tv."

If we did, the threads wouldn't be very good, now would they?

"The league is a good comedy, as is P&R, Community and Always Sunny"
"I agree"
"They are all good, let's not rank them and put them in order"
"Agreed - They are all watchable, that is enough for me"
"me too!"

the end.

3 Justin 3
08-23-2011, 04:06 PM
I thought season 1 was better than season 2 as well.

It's a funny show, not sure if I'd say the best on tv though.

To Be Quite Honest
08-23-2011, 05:07 PM
This show is basically a tamer "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia"; using football as the catch. It's funny but not as good as Sunny.

Dennis - Rodney
Dee - Jenny
Charlie - Taco
Mac - Kevin
Frank - Pete
Waitress - Shiva

Then there is Andre from The League who everyone makes fun of, but Sunny make fun of everybody.

GreatWhiteEbola
08-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Just watched Season 2 Episode 1, I may not continue...

THE SCUD
08-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Just watched Season 2 Episode 1, I may not continue...

What a dumb place to start - season 1 is 6 eps long, go watch it first.

getbak
08-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Like others, I was looking for something to watch this summer and this thread gave me a reason to seek this show out. While it's a funny show, I don't think I'd go so far to call it the best comedy on tv. I don't even know if it's the best one on FX.

One thing the show made me realize is why I never participate in fantasy sports or pools -- I would be just like Taco during the first season's draft, bored by the third round, and completely disinterested before the season even starts.

Another thing I figured out while watching it is that the actress who plays Shiva is also the best part of the current season of True Blood -- the shapeshifter woman Sam is banging. God bless her willingness to do nude scenes. Actually, if it wasn't for her, I might have given up on the show this season, so it might not be a good thing.

Yasa
08-23-2011, 07:33 PM
The show is funny, but not super funny. I find all the characters except Taco to be extremely annoying. Pete comes off as a Jason Bateman rip off which really bugs me. Ruxton gives off a PG-13 Bob Saget vibe too.

GreatWhiteEbola
08-23-2011, 08:39 PM
What a dumb place to start - season 1 is 6 eps long, go watch it first.

Go figure, anyways, I have seen season 1 and I am now giving season 2 a shot. The trip to Vegas was hard to watch. IMO. Season 1 was good, so far season 2 is not as good, to echo the sentiment of others.

Barnes
08-23-2011, 10:50 PM
57 posts and not one shivablast. Excited to meet Dirty Randy and one of the out of town losers.

THE SCUD
08-23-2011, 11:15 PM
trtfyNvS30I

3 Justin 3
08-23-2011, 11:47 PM
THE SCUD you're really over-rating this show. I like the show, it's funny, but by no means is it the best comedy on tv.

Comedies which are better would include: Parks and Rec (though you think it is awful), Always Sunny in Philly, Community, Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Having re-watched both Seasons, season 1 was much better, season 2 was rather mediocre.

THE SCUD
08-24-2011, 06:44 AM
THE SCUD you're really over-rating this show. I like the show, it's funny, but by no means is it the best comedy on tv.

Comedies which are better would include: Parks and Rec (though you think it is awful), Always Sunny in Philly, Community, Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Having re-watched both Seasons, season 1 was much better, season 2 was rather mediocre.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't give it taste.

aaronck
08-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Discovered this thread last week, and am now halfway through season 2.

I think it's pretty funny, although maybe not the funniest show on TV. I wouldn't put it in the same league as Curb or it's Always Sunny. I think I really have to give this community a shot though, a lot of people seem to really like it.

Sainters7
08-24-2011, 09:22 AM
I wouldn't call it the funniest show on TV either, but I've been enjoying it. I've actually been trying to get into all those shows mentioned above. I watch Curb, but never seen any of the others.

3 eps into Parks & Rec, reminds me too much of The Office, but its funny. I could see me getting into it. 2 eps into Community, think I'm gonna pull the plug, its funny but something about it just isn't grabbing me. Not a huge fan of the main character. Wanna get into Sunny/Philly but the only thing holding me back is its already in season 5, don't really feel like having to crack out on 100 eps to catch up. That was part of why I got into The League, 19 eps is easy.

Anyways, back on topic, I'm seriously considering changing my fantasy football team name to The Shivas before my draft next week.

getbak
08-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Both Parks & Rec and Community took a little while to get their feet under them.

P&R was like The Office and had a short first season that wasn't that good, it got a lot better once the actors figured out their characters.

I'd give Community until at least the Mexican Halloween episode before giving up on it. It was pretty much a completely different show by the end of the first season.

Bertuzzied
08-24-2011, 10:50 AM
How can anyone watching this show not cringe whenever that guy with the pronger tooth gap talks. soooo annoying. You are on tv buddy. get it fixed!

Pacem
08-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Watched the entire first season last night.

Meh....

Its funny, but not the funniest show on TV. I likely wont be buying the second season. I'll watch it when FX comes to Canada tho.

Its hard to describe but, I found the dialogue they use when they talk about actual players to be awkward. The dialogue seems so much better when football players actual names aren't used. Scenes about the boob test. Or how they decided who was picking first. The bribery to get trades. The wife running the team. The constant slamming of that buck toothed guy. The generic football fantasy stuff was better.

BergyBoy
08-24-2011, 01:05 PM
This show is hilarious..

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/the-league-andre-man-boobs.jpg?w=599&h=349

3 Justin 3
08-24-2011, 01:53 PM
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't give it taste.

Community, Curb, Sunny in Philly, Parks and Rec, and I have no taste.

Ok, continue to live your life in oblivion. Not saying you should love these shows and there is nothing wrong with liking The League the best, but to say I have bad taste because I suggested the highest rated shows (which I think are better), you're obviously just trolling.

Barnes
08-24-2011, 02:49 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqevvlT4wU1qzdljco1_500.jpg

fatso
08-29-2011, 08:47 PM
I like all the shows that are being bandied about here, including The League.

For those who like their comedy with a hint of immaturity, you should check out 'Workaholics' which, in my opinion, is up there with the funniest comedies on tv right now. Hard to describe it... just three slackers who work and live together, and get up to crazy hijinks. Actually, that was fairly easy to describe.

QzDbTD-Q-vA

Kybosh
08-29-2011, 09:09 PM
I like all the shows that are being bandied about here, including The League.

For those who like their comedy with a hint of immaturity, you should check out 'Workaholics' which, in my opinion, is up there with the funniest comedies on tv right now. Hard to describe it... just three slackers who work and live together, and get up to crazy hijinks. Actually, that was fairly easy to describe.

I stumbled onto this show and the first episode I saw featured their bosses brother who has Down syndrome. The Down syndrome guy was one of the funniest characters I've ever seen. Man, that was a hilarious episode.

Unrelated episode:

5E1JLR-h_bE

Sainters7
08-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Both Parks & Rec and Community took a little while to get their feet under them.

P&R was like The Office and had a short first season that wasn't that good, it got a lot better once the actors figured out their characters.

I'd give Community until at least the Mexican Halloween episode before giving up on it. It was pretty much a completely different show by the end of the first season.

Ya I'm working through the first season right now, about 6 eps in. It's ok, but I'm surprised (disappointed) with all the heart in the show, I thought this was gonna be some goofy comedy. So far it hasn't really been that. I really don't care about Leslie & Mark's little thing they have going on, in fact I kinda wish Mark's character would just go away. Don't really care about Ann & Andy's relationship situation either.

I can see the potential though, which is why I'm sticking it out, as I hear it gets a lot better. Plus I wanna see my man Louis CK the next season. They pretty much need to just stay at the Parks & Rec office for every scene, more Ron Swanson & Tom please.

Barnes
08-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Ya I'm working through the first season right now, about 6 eps in. It's ok, but I'm surprised (disappointed) with all the heart in the show, I thought this was gonna be some goofy comedy. So far it hasn't really been that. I really don't care about Leslie & Mark's little thing they have going on, in fact I kinda wish Mark's character would just go away. Don't really care about Ann & Andy's relationship situation either.

I can see the potential though, which is why I'm sticking it out, as I hear it gets a lot better. Plus I wanna see my man Louis CK the next season. They pretty much need to just stay at the Parks & Rec office for every scene, more Ron Swanson & Tom please.

You will be pleasantly surprised soon.

Bootsy
08-30-2011, 07:59 AM

Seriously? The Office's first season was one of its best, way better than the last couple seasons. Loved season's 1-3 then it started to go downhill from there.

YYC in LAX
08-30-2011, 08:03 AM
^^ Agreed. Season 1 of the Office was awesome.

Still waiting to receive The League in the mail.

getbak
08-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Seriously? The Office's first season was one of its best, way better than the last couple seasons. Loved season's 1-3 then it started to go downhill from there.
The first episode was virtually a shot-for-shot remake of the first UK episode, and was not very good.

Michael was too mean-spirited during the first season, which worked for Ricky Gervais, but not for Steve Carell.

The final episode of the first season, with Amy Adams as the cute girl selling purses, was really the first episode where you could see the characters really starting to mesh.

Like Parks and Rec, there were bits and pieces during the first season that showed flashes of what the show would become, but it still hadn't found it yet.

Bootsy
08-30-2011, 10:23 AM
The first episode was virtually a shot-for-shot remake of the first UK episode, and was not very good.

Michael was too mean-spirited during the first season, which worked for Ricky Gervais, but not for Steve Carell.

The final episode of the first season, with Amy Adams as the cute girl selling purses, was really the first episode where you could see the characters really starting to mesh.

Like Parks and Rec, there were bits and pieces during the first season that showed flashes of what the show would become, but it still hadn't found it yet.
I thought it worked just fine for Carell , Diversity Day and Basketball are still two of my favorite episodes. I found him to be a bit of a dink like David Brent but a little kookier just not over the top.
I think they went to far the other way and made Michael too off the wall and stupid where it lost a lot of the awkward humor, after about season 3 or there abouts.
To each his own I guess but I find the earlier season's much more enjoyable.
On another note just finishing up downloading season 2 of the League and looking forward to it...Season 1 was great!

Sainters7
08-30-2011, 10:39 AM
As for the OP, just watched The Tie episode again. That's it, I'm changing my fantasy handle. CP NFL Fantasy Football "C" Division, say hello to The Fear Boners.

Sainters7
09-01-2011, 10:32 AM
You will be pleasantly surprised soon.

Good call. About a 3rd of the way through season 2 of P&R now, its a completely different show from S1. When you watch the finale of S1 and then immediately after watch the premiere of S2 like I did, its especially noticeable. They got rid of all the touchy/feely crap and just made it actually funny. Even Mark isn't annoying anymore, he's the biggest jump in character I found from 1 to 2.

I can see why you said that, its funny because every complaint/request I made in that post during S1 was changed in S2. Good stuff.

EDIT: Ron's definitely a beauty but so far I think my fav is Tom, man he makes me laugh. When he showed up as T-Payne for the Halloween party I was dying. And in the S2 premiere, I love when they show his previous appearance on that day TV show when he's all slouching in the guest chair with his feet on the table like a baller, macking on the host. I think I re-watched that scene 3-4 times. Gold Jerry gold!

Montagna
09-03-2011, 04:38 AM
The reunion episode may have me hooked. The Herdsman? Vinegar Strokes? Pretty funny.

Sainters7
09-07-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm just catching up on P&R, midway through season 3 now. Considering its on 2 different networks, I'm suprised how many people from The League I've seen make appearances on P&R. First they had Andre in season 2 as the Kaboom guy, and now in season 3 I saw my boy Ruxin as Dou*che from the Pawnee radio show, followed up by Rafi the next ep as Tom's fav cologne guy. I wonder what the connection is there. Does Universal own FX?

On a side note, on P&R I just saw the ep where Swanson goes on a bender with Tammy & gets his hair corn-rowed. Could be my favourite P&R ep of all-time. Classic!

flames_1987
09-07-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm just catching up on P&R, midway through season 3 now. Considering its on 2 different networks, I'm suprised how many people from The League I've seen make appearances on P&R. First they had Andre in season 2 as the Kaboom guy, and now in season 3 I saw my boy Ruxin as Dou*che from the Pawnee radio show, followed up by Rafi the next ep as Tom's fav cologne guy. I wonder what the connection is there. Does Universal own FX?

On a side note, on P&R I just saw the ep where Swanson goes on a bender with Tammy & gets his hair corn-rowed. Could be my favourite P&R ep of all-time. Classic!

The guy that plays Andre and Aziz Ansari started out together doing a sketch show for MTV called "Human Giant". Wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see an Aziz cameo on the league.

Machiavelli
09-07-2011, 05:16 PM
The second season of The League has been pretty bad.

3 Justin 3
09-07-2011, 05:26 PM

I wouldn't say bad, but 'meh' is more like it. Season 1's 6 episodes totally triumph Season 2.

Sainters7
09-07-2011, 05:53 PM
The guy that plays Andre and Aziz Ansari started out together doing a sketch show for MTV called "Human Giant". Wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see an Aziz cameo on the league.

One can only hope. Everything needs more Tom Haverford. I actually kinda want to see 30 Minutes or Less now, even though I know its crappy, just because he's in it and I hear he kinda steals the show. Man that guy makes me laugh. Love his buddy Jean-Ralfio too, that's the all-time greatest Dbag name.

They should somehow do a crossover just so Jean-Ralfio and Rafi can hang out at the club. That'd be deadly.

LGA
09-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Season 2 isn't quite as good as the first season, but it did include my new favourite insult "Ride my suck stick", so it can't be considered bad.

ballin
09-07-2011, 06:21 PM

naginta please

Machiavelli
09-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Whatever...I think it's a bad sign when my eyes continuously wander to what I'm studying. Haven't laughed out loud since episode 2 of season 2.

Barnes
09-07-2011, 09:28 PM
One can only hope. Everything needs more Tom Haverford. I actually kinda want to see 30 Minutes or Less now, even though I know its crappy, just because he's in it and I hear he kinda steals the show. Man that guy makes me laugh. Love his buddy Jean-Ralfio too, that's the all-time greatest Dbag name.

They should somehow do a crossover just so Jean-Ralfio and Rafi can hang out at the club. That'd be deadly.

The actor who plays Raffi was in Parks and Rec. He played the ######bag cologne creator who was launching his new scent at Tom's club.

Brewmaster
09-08-2011, 08:29 AM
I thought the first few episodes of season 2 were weak, but the last few were great. Thought the christmas episode was hilarious

Sainters7
10-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Just thought I'd bump this seeing as the season premiere is tonight. Just got into the show over the summer and am now completely caught up, pretty pumped for it. Especially Dirty Mike aka Seth Rogan making his first appearance tonight. What's not to love?

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/35756/the_league_35756.jpg

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/League-Season-3-Review-It-Game-Once-Again-FX-Comedy-Series-35756.html

Sainters7
10-07-2011, 01:11 PM
So did anyone watch the premiere last night? I thought it was a great start to the season, I'd say their best premiere to this point in the show's abbreviated life. Ruxin getting the ring was pretty classic, and while the Shuffle thing was a little forced, it was still pretty funny. MJD was a surprise. So many good one-liners too, I laughed pretty hard when they were chirping Andre about his creepy outfit:

"So do you consider yourself more of a rapist who likes to do magic tricks, or a magician who rapes people?"

3 Justin 3
10-07-2011, 02:26 PM
The fisting with Ruxins ring was historical.

fatso
10-07-2011, 10:10 PM
"So do you consider yourself more of a rapist who likes to do magic tricks, or a magician who rapes people?"

Well, with me, magic always comes first.

ha ha... good premiere. Rafi is amazing.

Sainters7
10-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Well, with me, magic always comes first.

ha ha... good premiere. Rafi is amazing.

That guy makes me laugh so hard. Love when he just whips his beer can at the library wall. Need to get him in as many episodes as possible. Him & Ruxin are definitely my 2 favs on that show.

Oh yeah another good quote from last night, bang bang what the hang!

Sainters7
10-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Episode wasn't anything special last night, but I loved Andre's one line about vulturing: "You're the Tolbert of my life!"

As a Ryan Mathews owner, I LOL'd

Drury18
10-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Just saw last night that CTV has picked up "The League" and showing it Monday nights at 11:30pm for those of us without FX.

Last night was the Seasons 3 Premier so they are a couple of weeks behind still.

And that Shiva Bowl music video was hilarious. Nice to see Jon Lajoie with a bigger part. He's most of the reason I started watching the series.

red sky
10-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Just saw last night that CTV has picked up "The League" and showing it Monday nights at 11:30pm for those of us without FX.

Last night was the Seasons 3 Premier so they are a couple of weeks behind still.

And that Shiva Bowl music video was hilarious. Nice to see Jon Lajoie with a bigger part. He's most of the reason I started watching the series.

CTV is just previewing FX shows before it hits Canada at the end of the month.

Vansmack
10-25-2011, 11:54 AM
CTV is just previewing FX shows before it hits Canada at the end of the month.

They will probably butcher the fx shows through censorship. Can you imagine sons of anarchy (my favorite show and an fx show) censored?

Vansmack
10-26-2011, 01:21 PM
The creators and executive producers of the league are doing an AMA on reddit for anyone interested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/lpt8l/we_are_the_creators_executive_producers_of_the/

Machiavelli
10-29-2011, 09:56 AM
"Baby Jeffrey - forever uncleeeean!"

Haha.

Sainters7
10-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Just saw the new episode, haha did anyone notice when they were watching "NFL" football that it was very clearly Ti-Cats @ Argos? I laughed pretty hard.

Last night's episode was decent, any time Rafi's in there its a win.

Cheerio
10-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Just started watching this show a few weeks ago, halfway through season 2 and I love it. Finally figured out why Sainters7's fantasy football team name is "The Fear Boners"

3 Justin 3
10-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Just saw the new episode, haha did anyone notice when they were watching "NFL" football that it was very clearly Ti-Cats @ Argos? I laughed pretty hard.

Last night's episode was decent, any time Rafi's in there its a win.

Just re-watcher that part. They have a lot of CFL references in the show, the best being about Joffery Reynolds.

Show has a lot of hidden humor I'm thinking.

Da_Chief
10-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Just re-watcher that part. They have a lot of CFL references in the show, the best being about Joffery Reynolds.

Reynolds reference? missed it...where bouts was that?

THE SCUD
10-30-2011, 12:23 AM

You should probably delete your post where you said parks and rec is better. This show requires a thinking man's brain and it's hilarious. Anyone who thinks Tina Fey's ######ed friend is funnier needs a lobotomy.

Temporary_User
10-30-2011, 02:25 AM

Last night's episode was decent, any time Rafi's in there its a win.I think that just has to do with the costs associated.
To replay part of an NFL game costs a lot of money.
To replay part of a CFL game probably doesn't cost anywhere near as much.

Sidney Crosby's Hat
10-30-2011, 03:13 AM
Reynolds reference? missed it...where bouts was that?

In the late rounds of the first season draft, Taco tried to take "Joffrey Reynolds, Calgary Stampeders".

Sidney Crosby's Hat
10-30-2011, 03:14 AM
I think that just has to do with the costs associated.
To replay part of an NFL game costs a lot of money.
To replay part of a CFL game probably doesn't cost anywhere near as much.

This is true. Almost any TV show or movie will use CFL footage instead of NFL.

3 Justin 3
10-30-2011, 03:31 AM
You should probably delete your post where you said parks and rec is better. This show requires a thinking man's brain and it's hilarious. Anyone who thinks Tina Fey's ######ed friend is funnier needs a lobotomy.

I will never redact my comment about Parks and Rec. The League is hilarious and I think this season has been much better than season 2, but Parks and Rec is the best comedy show on television right now (sans HBO series').

Kavvy
08-11-2012, 11:43 PM
wow, just got into this show, its is AD funny. To bad the tags on this thread though.

saskflames69
08-12-2012, 12:20 AM
I didn't even know a sitcom with Jon Lajoie existed, and I went to one of his shows back in November.. :bag:

red sky
08-12-2012, 09:05 PM
This was picked up for a 4th season thankfully.

sevenarms
08-13-2012, 12:29 PM
This was picked up for a 4th season thankfully.

Any word on the season premiere. I'm assuming fall.

Barnes
08-13-2012, 02:11 PM
13 episodes starting this fall. They have already started filming.

gargamel
12-04-2012, 11:08 AM
This season has been inconsistent and I hate all the NFL player cameos, but the sex sniffing dog/racist piano episode last week was great. I wish they could make the handicapped black man a recurring character, though, because that guy cracks me up in everything that I've seen him in.

aaronck
12-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Ha! Taco is great.

"Next time, go jerk off in your van like a gentleman" what a line

polak
12-04-2012, 01:11 PM
When and where is it on in Canada?

Or am I going to have to torrent it.

Lets see if I can finally find something that can hold me over until season 4 of Community ;)

Cheerio
12-04-2012, 01:33 PM

Lets see if I can finally find something that can hold me over until season 4 of Community ;)

I hate how much it's moving away from fantasy football this season, now it's just about a bunch of guys who do stuff

malcolmk14
12-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah the appearance of Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm was great. That guy is hilarious.

getbak
12-04-2012, 02:36 PM

FX Thursday nights at 8:30. It repeats many times during the week.

Tyler
12-05-2012, 11:33 AM
This season has been pretty terrible.

Hockeyguy15
12-07-2012, 12:25 PM
I thought the 2 episodes last night were great.

ResAlien
12-07-2012, 06:13 PM
This season has been pretty terrible.
Weakest season so far for sure but I loved:

"Why wouldn't I take care of my feet?"

"Because GOD didn't take care of your feet!"

http://www.tvequals.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/The-League-Season-4-Episode-7-The-Vapora-Sport-2.jpg

Just horrible enough to make me laugh.

Cheerio
12-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Oh man I have never laughed harder at this show than during Rafi's wrestling scene

TitovFTW
12-08-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't mind this season at all. It's almost all improved, it doesn't take itself seriously and it's able to tell jokes, network TV could never come close too. The episode last week was hilarious. The piano playing the most racist cotton picking song, the dog that can smell seamen, I laughed a ton. I can totally see why some people don't like the show but I love how easy it is to just escape into one of these episodes and be entertained.

Vinny01
12-10-2012, 01:51 PM
I just picked this show up with the addition of FX Canada on Shaw. I absolutely love it and am surprised it has quickly become my girls favorite comedy on TV as well.

3 Justin 3
12-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Ok this season has really got to end.

I still laugh from the show, but the plots are getting stupid and the humor is getting filthier and filthier. I can take filthy comedy, but this is getting ridiculous, like Farley Brothers ridiculous (that's not good).

Also, I really do hate all the characters. It's Always Sunny in Philly has all hate-able characters and nothing goes right for them ever, but they are written in a much better way. On the other hand, I feel bad for Andre in nearly every scene he is in, it just isn't believable that a person who takes so much punishment still likes these people. I know Andre is a d-bag and a fruit, but the show seems so poorly written this last season and it's getting cringe worthy to watch some scenes.

It's Always Sunny in Philly seems like it would be a terrible show because the characters are all unlikable, plots are silly, and it looks like a cheap show, but it is written extremely well. This isn't the case for The League.

I really did like this show, but it's getting pretty bad.

Matata
12-19-2012, 08:42 PM
"Smiles go up and the clothes go up. Now get some swag ya bunch of bitches."

Sainters7
12-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Ok this season has really got to end.

I still laugh from the show, but the plots are getting stupid and the humor is getting filthier and filthier. I can take filthy comedy, but this is getting ridiculous, like Farley Brothers ridiculous (that's not good).

It's Always Sunny in Philly seems like it would be a terrible show because the characters are all unlikable, plots are silly, and it looks like a cheap show, but it is written extremely well. This isn't the case for The League.

I really did like this show, but it's getting pretty bad.

Ya, I loved this show the first couple seasons, but it really lost me last year, I still haven't watched the last couple episodes of season 3 yet. Have all of season 4 to this point on the PVR, I'm wondering if I'll ever get to it or if I should just delete it now.

Couldn't even quite put my finger on the reason(s), but you may have hit it there. The crazy parts at the end seem so forced and over the top to me, at least last year. The real strength in the show are their chirpy talks at the pub, they need to stick with that more.

Only reason I may still watch is because (aside from Leon cameo) I hear Rafi's a bigger presence. Love that D-Bag.

Hockeyguy15
12-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Any episode with Rafi in it is golden. Bro-lo el cordero FTW.

Tyler
12-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Renewed for a 5th season.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/12/20/the-league-renewed-for-season-5?abthid=50d35a6f26ef752e0a000081

It at least finished this season fairly strong.

Bertuzzied
12-21-2012, 10:14 AM
I can't watch this show anymore. Maybe if they killed off that idiot with the gap teeth, i'll try it again.

Barnes
12-21-2012, 10:40 AM
I can't watch this show anymore. Maybe if they killed off that idiot with the gap teeth, i'll try it again.

Your probably the only person in the world who has a hate on for Paul Scheer. You should seek help.

KTrain
12-21-2012, 11:35 AM

Your taste is andrelievably bad. You must have draids.

To Be Quite Honest
12-21-2012, 01:46 PM

He's hilarious! You're not supposed to "like" him and he does a bang up job. He was funny in his role in Childrens Hospital as well.

Bertuzzied
12-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Seriously that guys a real actor??!!!!! I thought he was just one of the buddies of the producers who got him in! hahahhaa. ridiculous.

You are an actor! get some braces or something man! Who are you? Eberle? hahahaa