PDA

View Full Version : Space HD now available on Bell

ken0042
07-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Sorry 4x4, fotze, et al. Not on Shaw yet.

http://www.spacecast.com/SPACE-HD.aspx

Channel 1746 on Bell.

getbak
07-08-2011, 02:52 PM
I noticed this week that sometime recently Shaw has added YTV, HGTV, and MovieTime HD channels (all of which are owned by Shaw or Corus).

I hope we don't end up getting in the middle of a pissing contest between Shaw and Bell with each one giving preferential coverage to the HD stations that they own.

TurnedTheCorner
07-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Ugh...pretty sure you've just seen the future getbak. I was wondering why those stations showed up recently on Shaw.

Mazrim
07-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Question for Shaw customers...does Discovery HD exist? I know of Discovery World HD but can't find plain old Discovery. I want to watch Deadliest Catch in HD! :bag:

Vulcan
07-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Question for Shaw customers...does Discovery HD exist? I know of Discovery World HD but can't find plain old Discovery. I want to watch Deadliest Catch in HD! :bag:

I've heard it's coming on Bell or maybe it was just someone's wishful thinking. Of course I hear lots of things from people supposedly in the know.

As for Space HD, I guess it isn't on Bell's free preview as I cancelled that theme a while ago in favor of the 5 HD themes and it isn't showing up on my schedule. I hate it when there is only one channel I'm interested in out of five or six in a theme and than depending on their whim or whatever they put the HD channel on a SD Theme instead of on a HD theme. What a freaking mess. I'd like to drop the SD themes altogether but to get some HD channels, I have to subscribe to both the SD theme plus the HD theme.

As for Bell or Shaw only broadcasting their own stations, I think it's against the regulations but they seem to be doing whatever they like. It is supposed to be at a 5/1 ratio.

And here is the quote from the actual Broadcasting Distribution Regulations (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-97-555/FullText.html):
Quote:
“related programming undertaking” means a programming undertaking of which the licensee or an affiliate, or both, controls more than 10% of the total shares issued and outstanding.

(14) Except as otherwise provided under a condition of its licence, a licensee shall — for each Category 2 service and each exempt third-language service of a related programming undertaking that it distributes in a licensed area — distribute at least five Category 2 services or exempt third-language services, or a combination of at least five of those services, of any unrelated programming undertakings in the licensed area.

Draug
07-08-2011, 08:51 PM
As for Space HD, I guess it isn't on Bell's free preview as I cancelled that theme a while ago in favor of the 5 HD themes and it isn't showing up on my schedule. I hate it when there is only one channel I'm interested in out of five or six in a theme and than depending on their whim or whatever they put the HD channel on a SD Theme instead of on a HD theme. What a freaking mess. I'd like to drop the SD themes altogether but to get some HD channels, I have to subscribe to both the SD theme plus the HD theme.

Shouldn't it still be listed in the "All Chan" guide listing? I thought even the unsubscribed channels should show up there, but I'm not getting it listed either.

You're right. The SD subscription should be optional. The only SD show I've watched in 2 years was the Mantracker with Shane Doan. SD is just a total waste of money if you have HD setup.

Vulcan
07-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Shouldn't it still be listed in the "All Chan" guide listing? I thought even the unsubscribed channels should show up there, but I'm not getting it listed either.

You're right. The SD subscription should be optional. The only SD show I've watched in 2 years was the Mantracker with Shane Doan. SD is just a total waste of money if you have HD setup.

Only some unsubscribed channels show up in the "All Chan" guide listing.

Mantracker is on HD, Channel 1053 at 6PM PDT, Fridays, so that's one less time you'll have to strain your eyes.

JerzeeGirl
07-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Called Shaw over this whole SpaceHD channel thing as I was really looking forward to watching Torchwood in HD adn they said that they are actively trying to get the channel which means about nothing, I'd say....

On the plus side tho, apparently FoodNetwork HD should be coming shortly as that is a channel that Shaw owns now....

Mazrim
07-11-2011, 05:05 PM
On the plus side tho, apparently FoodNetwork HD should be coming shortly as that is a channel that Shaw owns now....
Thank you for making my day! :)

Bertuzzied
07-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Well shaw just added YTV hd and some Movie channel which is an hd channel but doesn't show movies in hd.... hehehe

Can't wait till food network hd hits. I cant' watch anything thats not hd, so it's been like 5 years since i have tuned in.

flamesrule_kipper34
07-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Well shaw just added YTV hd and some Movie channel which is an hd channel but doesn't show movies in hd.... hehehe

Can't wait till food network hd hits. I cant' watch anything thats not hd, so it's been like 5 years since i have tuned in.

It shows movies in HD just not all of them are in HD, same for YTV.

Meelapo
07-17-2011, 11:43 AM
For whatever reason I don't see this channel my guide goes from 1726 to 1802 with nothing in between. The guide is showing everything.

ken0042
07-17-2011, 01:26 PM
It's likely on an HD package that you do not subscribe to.

Keep in mind the "All Channels" listing does not actually show all channels. It should be named "All Sub plus a handful of the channels that you don't subscribe to."

Meelapo
07-17-2011, 03:57 PM
It's likely on an HD package that you do not subscribe to.

Keep in mind the "All Channels" listing does not actually show all channels. It should be named "All Sub plus a handful of the channels that you don't subscribe to."

Looks like they jammed it in to "Variety 1" which I don't get. I was always under the impression that "All Channels" meant everything. I was using that mode to see what new HD channels they add that I don't get. I do, however, get Disney Channel XHD or something that shows super crappy live acting type kids shows. They are so bad that I couldn't stop watching them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Suite_Life_on_Deck

It would be nice if Bell just grouped all their HD channels in one big theme pack or multiple theme packs instead of putting them into packs with SD channels.