PDA

View Full Version : free .ca domains from google

Bend it like Bourgeois
04-01-2011, 01:19 AM
gybo.ca

This made a bit of a splash but perhaps not what they were after. I just don't see how any of this cracks the self serve code. Good advertising though.

In any case, by signing up you can get a 'free' .ca domain. You can access domain tools though it is not so simple. And be warned, the renewal is expensive as hell.

MaDMaN_26
04-01-2011, 01:35 AM
To be noted, the first year is free but renewals are $38.95... and they want your credit card now. Given the pricing at places like go daddy. I'm not sure this is a deal... but I have not looked into pricing elsewhere. Do your DD (Due diligence)

The free is their very basic package as well, which they encourage you to upgrade right away for $7.99-ish, I didn't read too carefully when I realized it was a bait and switch.

Nor did I sign up. Oh and they want you email address before you get the dirty details.

Kev
04-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Yeah, don't fall for this. If you really want a .ca domain for whatever reason, pay the $12 at Godaddy. And unless you are a local business, you want to look for a decent .com anyway.

La Flames Fan
04-01-2011, 09:28 AM
We dealt with CanSpace...$9.75 per year. They are great.

Papi34
04-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Yellow Pages makes websites now for as low as 50 bucks a month, I'd rather go with them and have them maintain it throughout the year. Plus the sites are really nice, no effort no hassle thats my solution