PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

Papi34
03-25-2011, 08:41 AM
So i have a blackberry curve and its a POS constantly freezes yesterday it deleted everything from my phone frankly im tired of it. Im in contract with Rogers and got this phone upgrade in august of 2009

I want to upgrade to an iphone but dont wanna spend 600 bucks what should i say to rogers in order for them to give me a deal (ive been a customer for 10+ years)

Thanks

ah123
03-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Call Rogers, ask to speak to Loyalty Retention and explain the situation (my phone is constantly freezing, I'd like to upgrade to an iPhone, what can you do for me) Be firm, but polite (i.e. don't let your frustration out on the agent). If the first L&R agent you get gives you the run around, hang up and try again.

You might want to take a look at this thread on HowardForums:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1671915-retention-plan-advice-gt-how-can-i-get-it

The other option is to go to kijiji and see what a used iPhone is going for.

Hope that helps

fundmark19
03-25-2011, 09:04 AM
You don't have to say anything you can get it for 300. Or just say you will cancel unless you can have it for 160

Rathji
03-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Call in and talk to retentions.

One option they have is to offer new hardware if you pay out $10 a month for the rest of your current contract as long as you sign a new 3 year contract. This is normally on corporate rate plans, but I know of a few people who have got it as regular customers.