PDA

View Full Version : The annual rites of spring...

browna
03-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Although it wasn't directly at the hands of Owen Nolan in 2008,

(http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3324952)

or Jarome Iginla's 52nd goal in 2003, the worst kept secret in the NHL this year officially occurred this afternoon. The Edmonton Oilers are officially out of this year's NHL playoffs for the 5th straight year.

Sometimes lost in the overabundance of Canucks banter on this site, the city of Edmonton were, are, and will continue to be the perpetual natural hated rivals for Calgary. So no matter the Flames fortune's this year, or any year, its always satisfying to watch the Oilers fail. Epically.

So:

jsaTElBljOE

Now that one "Drive for 5" is completed, I have full confidence given the management up there, that the next "Drive for 5" for finishing in the toilet of the league, is well within reach up the QEII.

EVERLAST
03-13-2011, 04:29 PM
good lord browna what have you done ....were cursed now ....here come the golf club jokes now.

HotHotHeat
03-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Another year down the drain! Edmonton is especially talented at sucking with consistency.

I sincerely thank them for what they provide, which is, a team that is always last in the NW.

Better luck next year losers.

I_H8_Crawford
03-13-2011, 04:45 PM
They're building something REALLY special up there - question is, is it Chicago special, or Joey Moss special???

I say the latter.

Hi-Psi
03-13-2011, 04:47 PM
They're building something REALLY special up there - question is, is it Chicago special, or Joey Moss special???

I say the latter.

Ouch...haha

Captaincanada80
03-13-2011, 04:57 PM

I say the latter.

Thanks, for ######ed jokes towards my uncle. Stay Classy

Dion
03-13-2011, 05:29 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2nvv3t4.jpg

Cecil Terwilliger
03-13-2011, 05:38 PM

I say the latter.

http://www.celebritynewsbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/charlie-sheen-winning-tshirt.jpg

Netminder
03-13-2011, 07:13 PM
The Oilers are Rebuilding and though it make take a while for them to get going once again.Feaster should have this on his mind to for the summer.

TylerSVT
03-13-2011, 10:59 PM
How many 1st overall picks do they want?

killer_carlson
03-14-2011, 08:37 AM
watching that video, they are missing an organist at the 240 mark.

browna
03-15-2011, 05:52 PM
watching that video, they are missing an organist at the 240 mark.

It's missing the most popular elementary school musical instrument, the Xylophone, no?

hah
04-07-2011, 08:47 AM
History will be made...on the golf course.

Battle of Alberta Golf Tournament begins April 13.

Red Deer G & CC.

If we only played in the East.

BACKCHECK!!!
04-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Neither the Edmonton Oilers, nor the Calgary Flames have qualified for the 2010-2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

This must surely be disappointing for the supporters of both hockey clubs.

Traditional_Ale
04-07-2011, 08:54 AM
-gZbMOq_Ge8&feature=related

Yanda
04-07-2011, 09:18 AM
If we only played in the East.

Really? bc if you look at the standings you will see it was just as hard to get into the east.

browna
03-20-2016, 10:01 PM
Yes, bumping a 5 year old thread. First day of Spring 2016 may as well be groundhog day, with the Oilers officially out of the playoffs with the loss tonight, yet again.

Best part is, the Oilers are getting worse. With Florida likely to make the playoffs, will be the longest streak out of the playoffs in the league, to go along with all the other dubious records of futility that the organization can fill the trophy cases with.

There was no HD broadcasts of hockey in Canada, nor was there twitter, the last time the Oilers were in the playoffs in 2006.

Big thanks to Kevin Lowe and all his minions for driving that organization into the ground, that not even 3 first overall picks, and 4 picks in the top 3 since the OP, can pull the team out of.

Let's let Steam take it away, again:
jsaTElBljOE

powderjunkie
03-20-2016, 10:27 PM
Reading the first post in this thread, everything seemed right until it said it was their fifth straight year missing the playoffs. I guess we can double it now.

Dion
03-20-2016, 10:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TCjl5AB.jpg

TheScorpion
03-20-2016, 10:30 PM
Although it wasn't directly at the hands of Owen Nolan in 2008,

(http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3324952)

or Jarome Iginla's 52nd goal in 2003, the worst kept secret in the NHL this year officially occurred this afternoon. The Edmonton Oilers are officially out of this year's NHL playoffs for the 5th straight year.

Sometimes lost in the overabundance of Canucks banter on this site, the city of Edmonton were, are, and will continue to be the perpetual natural hated rivals for Calgary. So no matter the Flames fortune's this year, or any year, its always satisfying to watch the Oilers fail. Epically.

So:
(yt video)

Now that one "Drive for 5" is completed, I have full confidence given the management up there, that the next "Drive for 5" for finishing in the toilet of the league, is well within reach up the QEII.

Sorry to be that guy, but...

Jarome Iginla scored 35 goals in 2003. 52 in 2002.

The Oilers haven't made the Playoffs since 2006 - what are you going on about?

I fail to see what the 'Drive for 5' means, unless you mean the 'Drive' for 5 first-overall picks - and that hasn't been completed.

jayswin
03-20-2016, 10:32 PM
Wow, the fourth post in this thread really shows how far we've come here.

TheScorpion
03-20-2016, 10:37 PM

I say the latter.

nm

PaperBagger'14
03-20-2016, 10:44 PM
Dude... :boo:

Let me preface this, I like you as a poster. You try to bring new elements to this forum and I feel you're the sliver of the FOI.

However you realise you just gave a thumbs down to a post from 2011 right? Come on.

TheScorpion
03-20-2016, 10:45 PM
Let me preface this, I like you as a poster. You try to bring new elements to this forum and I feel you're the sliver of the FOI.

However you realise you just gave a thumbs down to a post from 2011 right? Come on.

Hahahahahaaaaa! Oops, will rescind my thumbs-down, although it's still a dumb post. Thanks for the compliments, though :D

EDIT: wait, the 'sliver of the FOI'? Wut? What does that even mean?

PaperBagger'14
03-20-2016, 11:01 PM
Hahahahahaaaaa! Oops, will rescind my thumbs-down, although it's still a dumb post. Thanks for the compliments, though :D

EDIT: wait, the 'sliver of the FOI'? Wut? What does that even mean?

Sliver is a poster on here who's polarizing. He's brought up a bunch of new threads with controversy. All in all he's an interesting guy that seems to be liked even if he's eccentric. I happen to really enjoy his threads. Take a look at his post history to get an idea.

TheScorpion
03-20-2016, 11:03 PM
Sliver is a poster on here who's polarizing. He's brought up a bunch of new threads with controversy. All in all he's an interesting guy that seems to be liked even if he's eccentric. I happen to really enjoy his threads. Take a look at his post history to get an idea.

I'll take that as a positive. Thanks!

PaperBagger'14
03-20-2016, 11:10 PM
I'll take that as a positive. Thanks!

It is, stop posting replies without doing a bit of research first though (aka thread title searches, looking at post dates etc.).

Magnum PEI
03-20-2016, 11:43 PM
Yes, bumping a 5 year old thread. First day of Spring 2016 may as well be groundhog day, with the Oilers officially out of the playoffs with the loss tonight, yet again.

Best part is, the Oilers are getting worse. With Florida likely to make the playoffs, will be the longest streak out of the playoffs in the league, to go along with all the other dubious records of futility that the organization can fill the trophy cases with.

There was no HD broadcasts of hockey in Canada, nor was there twitter, the last time the Oilers were in the playoffs in 2006.

Big thanks to Kevin Lowe and all his minions for driving that organization into the ground, that not even 3 first overall picks, and 4 picks in the top 3 since the OP, can pull the team out of.

Let's let Steam take it away, again:
jsaTElBljOE
Slight clarification:

Florida made the playoffs in 2012. Edmonton has had the longest active streak for a few seasons now. They have now tied Florida's alltime record 10 straight seasons ('01-'11) this year.

Link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_franchise_post-season_droughts)