Ok, so we switched to TELUS Sat TV in July and it has been peachy, so I finally pulled the plug on Shaw. Offered up for your consideration are my old Shaw digital boxes.
DCT6416 III HD Dual Tuner PVR - $375.00 (sells new for $499.99).
Motorola DCT-6416 HD-PVR for use with Shaw
* Pause live television.
* Rewind and replay programs - don’t miss a minute of your favourite program.
* Create a personal library of recorded programming.
* Record one program while watching another.
* Record two programs at the same time.
* Watch a recorded program while recording two other programs.
* Output 1080i and 720p HD formats on HDMI or Component outputs.
* HD programming* (Where available)
* Hundreds of channels of entertainment
* 40 channels of commercial-free digital music
* Theme Packs and Pick-and-Pay specialty digital channels
Video On Demand
* Pay Per View Movies, Sports And Special Events
* On-screen interactive TV guide
* Parental controls
* Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
* 160GB Hard Drive: Record up to 50 hours of Analog TV, up to 120 hours of Digital TV, or up to 25 hours of High-Definition TV.
* Dual Video Tuner
There are almost assuredly some movies and stuff stored on the hard drive already, although probably more Hannah Montana episodes than anything else (that's what happens when you have a 7 year old girl). Probably a bunch of old Transformer cartoons too (4 year old boy). Works peachy, remote is basically brand new since I used my Harmony with the thing, not the Shaw remote.
DCT2224 Digital Receiver -
$75 - reduced to $50
Nowhere near as exciting, this is the basic old digital receiver. No HD, no PVR, no Hannah Montana (well, you could watch Family Channel, if that's the way you roll).
Works perfect, was hooked up to the older 36" tube TV in the basement.