Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
T@T
Franchise Player
 
T@T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Exp:
Default Don't be surprised if you see Tanguay back.

Sorry no details and certainly no link, just that it's a real possibility!
__________________
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion."
T@T is offline  
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to T@T For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
flamestalker
Scoring Winger
 
flamestalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Exp:
Default

Despite all the people who say he shouldn't, I really wouldn't mind.

Our depth would be sick.
flamestalker is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
Da_Chief
Franchise Player
 
Da_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Exp:
Default

I would totally love that.
Da_Chief is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
Otto-matic
#1 Goaltender
 
Otto-matic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Calgary Alberta
Exp:
Default

Inside source?

I would be indifferent if he came back, he could be the final key to the Iginla line.
Otto-matic is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
Machiavelli
Franchise Player
 
Machiavelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Exp:
Default

Depends on who the Flames would have to let go.

I'm personally not a fan, but that Tanguay/Bourque as 1st/2nd line LW ain't too shabby.
__________________
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. I love power.
Machiavelli is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
Caged Great
Franchise Player
 
Caged Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I will trust you.


If you're wrong though, I think the punishment should be getting pelted with cheeseburgers and sick KG on you.
__________________
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.Ca

Youtube Channel - Check out our latest content here

Caged Great is online now  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player
 
Displaced Flames fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Kalispell, Montana
Exp:
Default

Clearly, the market is sour on him. He may come fairly cheap.

I'm fairly certain Brent Sutter would know when to reduce his icetime.
__________________
I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love." - John Steinbeck
Displaced Flames fan is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
Otto-matic
#1 Goaltender
 
Otto-matic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Calgary Alberta
Exp:
Default

I would be disappointed to see Sarich moved to make room for Tanguay
Otto-matic is offline  
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
GoJetsGo
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Exp:
Default

If he was willing to take a very low salary on a one year deal to:

1) Set himself up for a big contract next off season
2) Help us win now
3) Give himself the opportunity for another cup


I'd be all for it.

Wouldn't want to lose Langkow or Sarich to pay him 4 million though.

I think Sutter appreciated the way he went about requesting a trade, so this wouldn't seem as far fetched as some might think.

Does T@T have a history of insider info?

There's been a lot of talk about this for a few weeks now. Wouldn't be surprising if it was true.
GoJetsGo is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #10
Phanuthier
Franchise Player
 
Phanuthier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Silicon Valley
Exp:
Default

Inside source, T@T? Ek? HF? Dream from last night?
__________________
"With a coach and a player, sometimes there's just so much respect there that it's boils over"
-Taylor Hall
Phanuthier is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #11
iggnuef
Scoring Winger
 
iggnuef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: COWTOWN
Exp:
Default

Didn't he leave for a reason?
iggnuef is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
Otto-matic
#1 Goaltender
 
Otto-matic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Calgary Alberta
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
If he was willing to take a very low salary on a one year deal to:

1) Set himself up for a big contract next off season
2) Help us win now
3) Give himself the opportunity for another cup
Actually that would be a great deal for Tanguay he racks up 80+ points playing with Joker and Iginla and this could skyrocket his value back up into the neighborhood of 5 million.
Otto-matic is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #13
keenan87
First Line Centre
 
keenan87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Flames Town
Exp:
Default

Keenan..and that reason is over
keenan87 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to keenan87 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #14
Calgaryborn
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Creston
Exp:
Default

I'd love a motivated Tanguay feeding Ollie and Iggy. But who would we have to lose to fit Tanguay in for this year?
Calgaryborn is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #15
atb
Powerplay Quarterback
 
atb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggnuef View Post
Didn't he leave for a reason?
Keenan
atb is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #16
Otto-matic
#1 Goaltender
 
Otto-matic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Calgary Alberta
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggnuef View Post
Didn't he leave for a reason?
Only because of Keenan.

Last edited by Otto-matic; 08-04-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Otto-matic is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #17
Machiavelli
Franchise Player
 
Machiavelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Exp:
Default

Does anyone else not have a problem with how Keenan handled Tanguay?
__________________
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. I love power.
Machiavelli is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #18
HOOT
Franchise Player
 
HOOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: @HOOT250
Exp:
Default

I'm curious if it came from a source or this is just your opinion? Don't need to know the sources details just not sure how to react to this info.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriksedin33 View Post
Not at all, as I've said, I would rather start with LA over any of the other WC playoff teams. Bunch of underachievers who look good on paper but don't even deserve to be in the playoffs.
HOOT is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #19
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher
 
The Fonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggnuef View Post
Didn't he leave for a reason?
Keenan, perhaps?

Is this thread for real?
The Fonz is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #20
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software
 
Resolute 14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Exp:
Default

Keenan was probably the reason.

Personally, I would love to have Tanguay back. His decision making processes when it comes to shoot or pass is annoying as hell, but there is no doubt that he has the skills we can use, and he would definitely be a plus to our chances of contending.

That said, it only happens if he takes a low salary, AND someone like Boyd is traded.
__________________

Resolute 14 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
omg- no way!, what's going on?

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Calgary Flames
2014-15
CP Chat!

CPRadio

2014-15 Regular Season:





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2009