Alright, in my never ending search for a working computer system, I have decided to get a new motherboard. Just wondering if anyone who understands half of this mumbo jumbo could tell me if the following mobo is a good one or not.
Asus A7N8X-VM/400-UAY w/ DualDDR, Video, Audio, Lan, AGP8X
CPU: Socket A for AMD Athlon XP
Thoroughbred/ Barton Core Support
FSB: 400/333/266 MHz
NVIDIA nForce2 IGP
NVIDIA nForce2 MCP
- Dual Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports up to 2GB of 2700/PC2100 DDR memory
- 2 DIMM sockets
2 x UltraDMA 133/100
- Integrated GeForce4 MX GPU
- Integrated TV encoder
- NVIDA nVIEW dual-display architecture
- Support DVI (AGP-NV-DVI) and TV out (AV/S) cards
- Realtek ALC650 6-channel CODEC
- S/PDIF in / out interface
- Integrated 10/100 Mbps LAN controller + Realtek PHY
1 x Parallel
1 x Serial
1 x PS/2 Keyboard
1 x PS/2 Mouse
1 x VGA
1 x Audio I/O
1 x RJ45
6 x USB 2.0/1.1 (4 rear)
1 x AGP8X (1.5V only)
3 x PCI
microATX Form Factor, 9.6"x 9.6"(24.5cm x 24.5cm)
Usage of this computer will mostly be watching movies, surfing the net and playing MAdden 2005. So also wondering if the on-board video card is good enough for gaming.
Thank you in advance.....
Thanks to ATR for the killer sig!!
And A BIG thank you to Halifax "GTD" Drunk for the Avatar!! BORK BORK BORK!!
"There is, only one Tunnel of Death." --Adam Pardy