Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-14-2006, 10:56 PM   #21
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
The problem is with Flames PPV, not Shaw or Bell as evidenced by both cable/sat providers having the same problems and Bell eventually switching to the SN Pacific feed.

Flames PPV is an amateurish operation.
Millions said the trouble was with Shaw in Vancouver..I think they use Shaw equipment on the PPV.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:56 PM   #22
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salisbury View Post
Picture was barely watchable on Star Choice. They have aleady given me a refund and blamed it bad weather in BC!?
Plausable given all of Shaw, Bell and StarChoice apparently had problems based on the comments in the game thread. Shaw worst off becuase most users have Shaw, and they, frankly, suck.

If anyone saw that newsclip of the plane nearly crashing on landing in Seattle this afternoon because of the wind, you would know just how bad the weather is out there.

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:56 PM   #23
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
you're a genius, thank you so much.
You're welcome.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:58 PM   #24
itsmagic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default The problem isn't with Shaw Cable...

Unfortunately for those watching PPV, there is a major solar storm underway that is playing havoc with all satellite communications. That is why there was/is service disruption on all of the satellite providers.

Shaw will refund your money. Just ask.

Might as well not bitch about the PPV service they provided because there was nothing they could do about it short of informing consumers. It would have about as much effect as bitching to the Flames directly about a poor road game.

Last edited by itsmagic; 12-14-2006 at 11:00 PM.
itsmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:00 PM   #25
stuck_in_chuk
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Having worked at Shaw for a number of years, I will be first to admit that they suck. It's pointless calling in for a refund on PPV on the night of, since the phone lines are crazy busy with a million others trying to get a credit. And of course they won't automatically credit everyone for crappy service. So, call in the next day or email them and get a credit. Chances are the person you speak with hates his/her job and will be happy to give away Jim Shaw's money. I know I was.
stuck_in_chuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #26
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I should call for a refund, but the signal was only off for a few minutes on Bell, and they picked up the Sportsnet Pacific feed in the meantime.

To the Flames - seriously, get out of the PPV business. Cancel the rest of them for the year, refund people who have pre-paid, huddle up and re-think your PPV strategy. The technical quality of the broadcasts is consistenly horrible. The production values are non-existant. The bonus features like the interactive polls and Q&A with the broadcasters are coma inducing.

Stick to your core competencies. You are a hockey club, not a hockey broadcaster. And with each progressively worse PPV broadcast, you continue to hammer this point home.
TurnedTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:11 AM   #27
chickennoobz
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

funny.. because i watched the sportsnet pacific feed and it seemed fine to me
chickennoobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:24 AM   #28
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickennoobz View Post
funny.. because i watched the sportsnet pacific feed and it seemed fine to me
You mean a broadcast not staffed by the VRRI AV Club can function? Curious.
TurnedTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:49 AM   #29
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitFire40 View Post
yes even Roger Millions is getting on my nerves.
The guy needs to realize that there isn't a handle on the puck, and thats why none of the players can find it. He must say "_____ can't find the handle on the puck" at least 20 times a game.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:40 AM   #30
Eubee
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
you're a genius, thank you so much.
Well one can only assume you're not quite a genius if you have to ask. At the bottom of the main page it reads 'contact us'.

Just in case you still need it genius.
Eubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:13 AM   #31
someguy51
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I had problems too last night. I emailed them this morning and asked for a refund.

I just wanted to point out that other then the Flames PPVs my Internet, Phone and Digital cable always work perfectly. And whenever there is a problem I find that there tech support is very good.
someguy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:52 AM   #32
Scorponok
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I was at Chinook last night for this abomination of a broadcast! So I had to pay $11+ for it!

Not sure who to complain to about it. Chances are, that'll be the last time I go to one of those.
Scorponok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:03 AM   #33
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just called Shaw: 716-6000. Directed myself from the phone menu to the "Billing" Department. Waited on hold for 1 minute. The girl came on and I said "I'm just phoning to complain about the awful Flames PPV broadcast last night and I would like a refund." She just said "I appologize for that, I'll take it off your bill right away."

Very easy. Probably the 150th time she's done that today.

Moral of the story: The wait time is not that long right now.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #34
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Im still regretting buying the PPV last season and having to sit through Jim Peplinski's terrible comments all game. Would have turned on The Fan, but didnt have radio nearby.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:26 AM   #35
edn88
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I got my refund last night in the middle of the game after about a 30 minute wait. This is the 3rd game I have gotten a refund for. I suppose that I would be unhappy if I had been on the hook for all three of those games, but I saved $30ish bucks because of poor quality.

Has anyone here bought the full package - are you able to get credits for that - if not I think I would be ****ed.

I think that generally, it can be agreed that the combination of Shaw's delivery and the production values make the price paid for PPV questionable.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:35 AM   #36
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
The guy needs to realize that there isn't a handle on the puck, and thats why none of the players can find it. He must say "_____ can't find the handle on the puck" at least 20 times a game.
Agreed, Roger has the worst hockey euphamisms and cliches repeating over and over again at times.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:52 AM   #37
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have also had many problems with the Flames PPV. My first issue is with all the technical problems and my second one is that even though I purchased the entire package I was still being billed per game on top of the package price.

Why did the West have to get stuck with Shaw? why couldn't we have Rogers instead? (rhetorical questions - I know the reasons)
Old 12-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #38
ikaris
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Millions said the trouble was with Shaw in Vancouver..I think they use Shaw equipment on the PPV.
I think the reason Millions had said Shaw was because Bell had just switched their feed (I wish Shaw had just done the same). I put the blame purely on the PPV people as they have consistently put out a crappy product.
ikaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:31 PM   #39
MonsieurFish
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
I just called Shaw: 716-6000. Directed myself from the phone menu to the "Billing" Department. Waited on hold for 1 minute. The girl came on and I said "I'm just phoning to complain about the awful Flames PPV broadcast last night and I would like a refund." She just said "I appologize for that, I'll take it off your bill right away."

Very easy. Probably the 150th time she's done that today.

Moral of the story: The wait time is not that long right now.
this guy's right. i just phoned, waited 1-2 mins max, told em i watched the game yesterday and quite a bit of it was blacked out can i have a refund please. i give em my name and address and we're done
MonsieurFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:33 PM   #40
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Why did the West have to get stuck with Shaw? why couldn't we have Rogers instead? (rhetorical questions - I know the reasons)
You may get your wish. Rumours still abound that Rogers is headed out West very soon to compete with Shaw. I believe if that happens, Shaw gets out of the cable/satellite business quite frankly.
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote