Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2015, 10:00 PM   #1
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Playoff Renewal notification for STH

So...got an email asking for playoff renewals from the Flames. As I have never experienced playoffs as a STH, what is the ticketing assumption? 4 home games for each of series 1 and 2?

I'm in the second bowl whites (2 seats) and the price is $1800.80 for my playoff renewal for series 1 and 2. Is this for 8 home games?
taffeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:11 PM   #2
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

This is my first year as a holder when they have had a chance to make the playoffs. From my understanding, previous years have made you pay for the entire playoffs up front with credit or refund coming should they not go game 7 all the way to the finals.
Having to only pay for the first 2 rounds seems very fair and yes, it will be paying as if they went game 7 in each of the series.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 12:08 AM   #3
Smartcar
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Bad timing to send out the email on the first day in a while that we're NOT in the playoffs. Hope it doesn't jinx it.

I can't remember it was so long ago but I don't think the "pay as we play" option means paying for both rounds up front. That's the only option that shows up online right now but I'd wait for the letter, it will likely spell out what payments are required and when.
Smartcar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smartcar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 02:04 AM   #4
Hugh Jahrmes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Times like this, I wish I was a STH.. And lived in calgary.. And not poor.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:34 AM   #5
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Horrible timing on this email. For real.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarywinning For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 04:43 AM   #6
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartcar View Post
Bad timing to send out the email on the first day in a while that we're NOT in the playoffs. Hope it doesn't jinx it.

I can't remember it was so long ago but I don't think the "pay as we play" option means paying for both rounds up front. That's the only option that shows up online right now but I'd wait for the letter, it will likely spell out what payments are required and when.
I was thinking the same thing. I logged onto my pc when the game was clearly over last night and saw the email.

Thanks for the info though.

Last edited by taffeyb; 03-18-2015 at 04:46 AM.
taffeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taffeyb For This Useful Post:
hah
Old 03-18-2015, 07:41 AM   #7
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

"Pay as you go" in the context of Playoff tickets means that you pay for tickets once the game is confirmed. For example if the Flames get in, two home games would be confirmed and you pay for those. If the series goes to a third home game(game 5 or 6) you pay for that one and so on.

I have always selected the "Pay as you go" option.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamenspiel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 08:17 AM   #8
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarywinning View Post
The Flames most likely had this as the selected day for a long time. The loss/bad timing is nothing but a coincidence.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:18 AM   #9
goaliemaskguy
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Disagree. After losing a game that badly, a reminder that we are still in the playoff hunt was a way to soothe the nerves IMO.

In the same way, I think the arena announcement will come on the heels of either clinching a playoff spot or being mathematically eliminated.

Colour Commentator for the Calgary Roughnecks
Play-by-play Announcer for the Hard Knocks Fighting Championship
Co-host Roughnecks Radio
Host Horsemen Radio for cflhorsemen.ca
goaliemaskguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:07 AM   #10
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

looks like about $59 per seat for greens in the first round. I assume the pay up front price is based on 4 home games estimate.
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:32 AM   #11
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Almost all of the questions asked here could be answered by going to your STH account. Instead of rushing to CP, maybe spend 45 seconds at the source.

The amount is for rounds one and two. You can see the breakdown between round one and round two. You have the option of paying as games are confirmed (maximum 12 payments) or you can pay the whole amount for rounds 1 & 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:43 AM   #12
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
OMG people will find just about anything to complain about.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #13
volinder
Draft Pick

How does one figure out what the face value on these tickets are? I'm just curious the actual face value of the playoffs vs. regular season.
volinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:14 AM   #14
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was a bit sour last night but that was after the loss. Waking up this morning and seeing that email actually made me smile. Seeing where this team is right now in year two of the rebuild, regardless if we are in a playoff spot today, is pretty damn fun. I am sure there are a bunch of fans that would be happy to be in this position.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:22 AM   #15
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

People saying it's bad timing would also likely say it was bad timing (jinxing them) if they had won last night.

They have to get sent out at some point - how about just not complaining?

Remember, it could easily have been a season with no playoff discussion.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #16
homestand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by volinder View Post
How does one figure out what the face value on these tickets are? I'm just curious the actual face value of the playoffs vs. regular season.
It looks like the cost for STH playoff tickets are about

Round 1 +50% regular season cost for STH
Round 2 +80% regular season cost for STH

My guess is that the face value for playoff tickets will be about

+290% regular season cost for STH or
+190% playoff cost for STH
homestand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:37 PM   #17
Smartcar
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
Almost all of the questions asked here could be answered by going to your STH account. Instead of rushing to CP, maybe spend 45 seconds at the source.

The amount is for rounds one and two. You can see the breakdown between round one and round two. You have the option of paying as games are confirmed (maximum 12 payments) or you can pay the whole amount for rounds 1 & 2.
The layout in the STH account manager is not clear - you have to click on renew, as if you are willing to pay for rounds 1 and 2, before you see the option of pay as games are confirmed. I was going to wait for the letter, but thought I would check, and yes the option does appear on the next screen.
Smartcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:52 AM   #18
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

While not a season ticket holder, I received a renewal "offer" for the playoffs. Quite frankly, it is blatant gouging.

My game pack is in the "greens" which works out to $49.54/seat/game. Because of seniority, etc. they can't guarantee the same level of seat for the playoffs. Fair enough - this is only my second season with a game pack.

So they're offering me press level seats, but at a cost of $92.75/seat/game. These are $25 seats in the regular season in a game pack. I was expecting to pay more than the regular season, but that's near double what I pay for greens, and nearly quadruple what the game pack price is for press level seats in the regular season.

I get it - there is increased demand for playoffs and I would expect a ticket increase. But 400%?

Sorry Flames, I love you and all, but eff that. Nearly $100 for a nosebleed seat?

Unless I'm missing something here. The offer clearly states that it is for rounds 1 and 2, and there is a split for game pack holders, so you only get 2 of the 4 possible home games per round. And my invoice is for $742 for 2 seats. For 4 games. In the nosebleeds.

Last edited by Jimmy Stang; 03-20-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:27 AM   #19
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
While not a season ticket holder, I received a renewal "offer" for the playoffs. Quite frankly, it is blatant gouging.

My game pack is in the "greens" which works out to $49.54/seat/game. Because of seniority, etc. they can't guarantee the same level of seat for the playoffs. Fair enough - this is only my second season with a game pack.

So they're offering me press level seats, but at a cost of $92.75/seat/game. I was expecting to pay more, but that's near double what I pay for greens, and nearly quadruple what the game pack price is for press level seats in the regular season.

I get it - there is increased demand for playoffs and I would expect a ticket increase. But 400%?

Sorry Flames, I love you and all, but eff that. Nearly $100 for a nosebleed seat?

Unless I'm missing something here. The offer clearly states that it is for rounds 1 and 2, and there is a split for game pack holders, so you only get 2 of the 4 possible home games per round. And my invoice is for $742 for 2 seats. For 4 games. In the nosebleeds.
Agreed 100%.

Received our 9 game pack renewal for next year for $918 ($51/game). Then two days later we get our playoff renewal for $1066, 2 games in round 1 and 2 games in round 2 ($133/game). Same seats for game packs and playoffs.

Fricking ridiculous.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #20
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

So decline. There will be a long lineup of those that do want them.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post: