Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Ivrnet

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles
 
Rerun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Okotoks
Exp:
Default Ranchmanís becomes first eatery in Canada to allow dogs on patio

I like this. You may see me there with my Golden Retriever, this Saturday afternoon, enjoying a brew or two.

Quote:
For the first time in Canada, patrons at Ranchmanís Cookhouse on Macleod Trail will be able to bring dogs onto the patio to share in their ownerís good times.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/...#ixzz27i50sxKj
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Ozy_Flame
 
Ozy_Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Exp:
Default

Will the big breasted waitresses or the dodgy cleanup staff be cleaning up the dog poo when it happens?
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Austin Powers
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Exp:
Default

I may get some flack for this, but im not really a fan of this.

I understand its probably designed for people to go out for walks with their dog to stop by for a drink/food and then head back home.

I also know that lots of people have their dogs trained and everything. However, I see the potential for this to bug customers that do not have dogs there.

For example, if there are 5 dogs on the patio it may be hard to keep them quite and at the owners table.

I love dogs, but im just not a fan of people being able to bring them to patio bars.
Austin Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Austin Powers For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
polak
#1 Goaltender
 
polak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Exp:
Default

Not that I would ever go there during the day, but if I actually enjoyed country and that place, I would not be a fan. Great if every dog there is super well behaved but the last thing I need is some annoying dog losing it's sh** while I'm trying to enjoy a beer on the patio.

The only time I go there is when I get dragged out for someones special occasion. At least there is some great talent there.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles
 
Rerun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Okotoks
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Will the big breasted waitresses or the dodgy cleanup staff be cleaning up the dog poo when it happens?
I can only hope its the big breasted waitresses. However, I suspect that it will probably be me, as usual. I doubt that I have one single jacket/coat that doesn't have doggy poop bags in the pocket.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles
 
Rerun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Okotoks
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Powers View Post
I may get some flack for this, but im not really a fan of this.

I understand its probably designed for people to go out for walks with their dog to stop by for a drink/food and then head back home.

I also know that lots of people have their dogs trained and everything. However, I see the potential for this to bug customers that do not have dogs there.

For example, if there are 5 dogs on the patio it may be hard to keep them quite and at the owners table.

I love dogs, but im just not a fan of people being able to bring them to patio bars.
For years I had to put up with goddamn smokers or parents with screaming little brats at the table.... now perhaps its time they have to put up with my dog for a change, who I guarantee will be less offensive than smokers or rug rats.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rerun For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
Jason14h
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Exp:
Default

Quote:
I may get some flack for this, but im not really a fan of this.

I understand its probably designed for people to go out for walks with their dog to stop by for a drink/food and then head back home.

I also know that lots of people have their dogs trained and everything. However, I see the potential for this to bug customers that do not have dogs there.

For example, if there are 5 dogs on the patio it may be hard to keep them quite and at the owners table.

I love dogs, but im just not a fan of people being able to bring them to patio bars.
I never understand thoughts like this.

It is a free market capitalist economy! If you don't want to be at a bar with dog, don't go. If people aren't going because of the bars, it will go bankrupt, and another no dog allowed bar will open!

Dogs should be allowed anywhere! Let the patrons decide if they show or not!
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
Austin Powers
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
I never understand thoughts like this.

It is a free market capitalist economy! If you don't want to be at a bar with dog, don't go. If people aren't going because of the bars, it will go bankrupt, and another no dog allowed bar will open!

Dogs should be allowed anywhere! Let the patrons decide if they show or not!
Never understood thoughts like this? Uh what?

I said I wasnt a fan of this and I know im not alone.

Dogs should not be allowed everywhere.
Austin Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Austin Powers For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
Austin Powers
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
For years I had to put up with goddamn smokers or parents with screaming little brats at the table.... now perhaps its time they have to put up with my dog for a change, who I guarantee will be less offensive than smokers or rug rats.

The difference is smokers and kids are human. Dogs are not.
Austin Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Austin Powers For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #10
Ozy_Flame
 
Ozy_Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Exp:
Default

Kind of a weird rule to put in place at the end of the summer season.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
Austin Powers
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Kind of a weird rule to put in place at the end of the summer season.
Yea, thats what I was thinking also. Maybe they are gonna try it out for a couple weeks and see how it goes.
Austin Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #12
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player
 
undercoverbrother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sylvan Lake
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
For years I had to put up with goddamn smokers or parents with screaming little brats at the table.... now perhaps its time they have to put up with my dog for a change, who I guarantee will be less offensive than smokers or rug rats.
I don't think you can smoke on patios in Calgary and I don't think you can bring kids to bars in Calgary.
__________________
Quote:
If I wouldn't say it to his face if we were all having a beer in my back yard I wouldn't say it here either.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles
 
Rerun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Okotoks
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Kind of a weird rule to put in place at the end of the summer season.
Perhaps they just recently received approval to do this.... and now they are implementing it.

No different than if the Saddledome received approval to have topless waitresses selling beer... would they wait til next season to implement this? No way... you'll see topless waitresses this season... mark my words!
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles
 
Rerun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Okotoks
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I don't think you can smoke on patios in Calgary and I don't think you can bring kids to bars in Calgary.
At one time you could smoke on a patio and I do believe that there is a movement to get this changed back. And as for kids, any restaurant can serve children, as long as they don't service them alcohol... and last time I looked, Ranchmans was technically a restaurant.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles
 
Rerun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Okotoks
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
You can only have one brew since the new 0.05 law is in effect.
I'll be ok... my dog will be the designated driver.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rerun For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #16
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player
 
undercoverbrother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sylvan Lake
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
At one time you could smoke on a patio and I do believe that there is a movement to get this changed back. And as for kids, any restaurant can serve children, as long as they don't service them alcohol... and last time I looked, Ranchmans was technically a restaurant.

Let's hope they don't succeed, and technically it is a Cookhouse, or so they say.

For the record, I am not in favour.
__________________
Quote:
If I wouldn't say it to his face if we were all having a beer in my back yard I wouldn't say it here either.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #17
J pold
Franchise Player
 
J pold's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Exp:
Default

Not in favour. Dogs are not people, no matter how much you’d like them to be.
__________________
Looking for office space in Calgary? Check out my Calgary commercial real estate thread: here

My LinkedIn Profile
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J pold For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #18
Komskies
Franchise Player
 
Komskies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
I'll be ok... my dog will be the designated driver.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #19
flamesfever
Powerplay Quarterback
 
flamesfever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Exp:
Default

They should have some penalty if the dog craps, like $20.00 fine, or double the cost of the bill. People would then make sure the dog doesn't come in after just being fed a bunch of treats, or a big meal.


Wow, would that ever go down big, witnessing a dog hunched over at the next table dropping a big pile of steaming, smelly poop while you're eating a meal.

It seems to me I heard fairly recently that they allow dogs in restaurants in Australia.
flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flamesfever For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #20
fundmark19
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: May 2009
Exp:
Default

I am going to take my two girly dogs to the bar and pick up chicks! Don't tell my wife
__________________
Offical supporter of the Chennai Super Kings of the IPL
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
beer, coors, cowboys, cowgirls, dogs=awesome, gone to the dogs

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Calgary Flames
2014-15
CP Chat!

CPRadio

2014-15 Regular Season:





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2009