Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #101
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

I sit and see many NHL teams with awful centre depth. We have too many centres and too many bodies. Someone has to be moved and I think centres should and would be the main discussion on the phones (with not much urgency so we aren't trading from a position of weakness). Backlund in the short term stays IMO, but 2-3 years from now, not sure if he's still here (hope he is though).

Reinhart and Granlund should be moved to a team with a poor centre depth. Maybe Stajan too (I am assuming we keep Backlund over Stajan). I think all 3 to a single team is unlikely, but somehow I could see all 3 of them actually earning a job on a Buffalo or Arizona team (pretending that Max gets a job based on more experience than those teams prospects) and that's not even entertaining the idea that maybe the team up north could use someone as a 3rd or 4th liner. Also, where does Byron go? He is like an older Jooris IMO, we can't get much value back for him for what he can bring to the table here. God forbid he becomes MSL 2.0 (and I actually believe he potentially could reach something like 90% MSL's potential).

I would keep Jooris. I doubt we can get equal value back in any trade for him.

Shore, Morrison, Hickey I doubt get moved due to the praise they have received.

I doubt Janko goes elsewhere unless something happens in a year and he gets upset with us. I imagine he wanted to sign with us same time as Gilles?

This is talking purely theoretical movement and not what we would get in return. In my opinion, we will continue to trade in a position of strength or equal terms in other teams. Most of our prospects just need seasoning and maturation as individuals and we should do well in 2-3 years.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #102
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'd be willing to eat some pubes if Byron turns into Martin St Louis.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:29 PM   #103
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackey View Post
Pretty sure most people didn't expect MSL to become what he became.

The thing that irks me about Byron, is that his attitude and character. It's the part that scares me that he might potentially have a long career.

EDIT: Sorry, I get it now. I mean Byron is MSL 2.0 mostly in the sense he will come back and bite us in the ass. Not meaning HOF potential.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:48 PM   #104
chubeyr1
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackey View Post
Does Byron score on breakaways?

I think your diet will not be changing!
chubeyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote