Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-10-2011, 03:24 AM   #421
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

What a waste of skin Demetri Martin is. I didn't think he was funny at all.

Kat Dennings...all she has going for her is her looks. What a tool.

I didn't bother watching the rest. Monologue and "bits" were awful.

I guess they were depending on Anthony Hopkins to sell this show. I wonder why the schedule change?

Anyway, don't waste your time with this one. Just delete it from your PVR or whatever.
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:28 AM   #422
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ohhh...ouch. I just checked the Tonight Show website.

Jennifer Lopez was a guest on Monday's show, and she was supposed to be on Conan on Tuesday.

Is it "faux pas" to be on one talk show one night, and then the competition the next? DAMN YOU LENO!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #423
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Mile-DJ View Post
What a waste of skin Demetri Martin is. I didn't think he was funny at all.
You nailed it.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #424
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This week (May 16 - May 19)

Monday:

Zach Galifianakis From "The Hangover: Part II"
Sig Hansen From "Deadliest Catch"
Raphael Saadiq His new album is Stone Rollin'

Tuesday:

Norm Macdonald From "Sports Show with Norm Macdonald"
Todd Phillips Director of "The Hangover: Part II"
The Joy Formidable Their new album is The Big Roar

Wednesday:

Bradley Cooper From "The Hangover: Part II"

Chris O'Dowd From "Bridesmaids"
Ryan HamiltonStand-Up

Thursday: (REPEAT of Beardpocalypse) Set your PVR!!!

Will Ferrell His new film is "Everything Must Go"
Paul Bettany From "Priest"
James Blunt His new album is Some Kind Of Trouble
Old 05-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #425
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-mile-dj View Post
this week (may 16 - may 19)
tuesday:

norm macdonald from "sports show with norm macdonald"
yes!!!!!!
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #426
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This week (May 23 - May 26)

Monday:

Ken Jeong From "The Hangover: Part II"
Rebel Wilson From "Bridesmaids"
Yeasayer Indie Rock

Tuesday

Topher Grace From the HBO movie "Too Big to Fail"
Melissa McCarthy From "Bridesmaids"
Beardyman His new album is I Done A Album

Wednesday

Dave Salmoni From Animal Planet
Kevin Nealon From "Weeds"
Ben Harper New Album is Give Till It's Gone

Thursday

Dana Carvey Emmy Award Winning Comedian
Mike Zohn & Evan Michelson From Science Channel's "Oddities"
Tinie Tempah UK Rapper
Old 05-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #427
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

well i lasted longer than his Tonight Show version, but today i cancelled my series recording for Conan. just found myself avoiding the ones i had on my PVR, it seems to have gotten stale at least for me. same formula, same lame monologue jokes, weaker guest lineup, and i've seen far too many jokes re-used. i really wish one of these late night hosts would change things up a bit and take a few risks, seeing the same formula again and again regardless of the host is getting old. Colbert and Stewart seem to be the only ones out there with any innovation
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #428
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
well i lasted longer than his Tonight Show version, but today i cancelled my series recording for Conan. just found myself avoiding the ones i had on my PVR, it seems to have gotten stale at least for me. same formula, same lame monologue jokes, weaker guest lineup, and i've seen far too many jokes re-used. i really wish one of these late night hosts would change things up a bit and take a few risks, seeing the same formula again and again regardless of the host is getting old. Colbert and Stewart seem to be the only ones out there with any innovation
Same as I feel. Have you watched Craig Ferguson much? It's much different than the other standard talk shows, but has gotten fairly old on it's own. But I do enjoy his interviews, very unscripted.
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #429
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Conan seems scared of NBC. He should be doing some of his old bits like In The Year 2000, Triumph etc, from time to time. Letterman was never afraid to keep doing the Top Ten List.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #430
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Conan seems scared of NBC. He should be doing some of his old bits like In The Year 2000, Triumph etc, from time to time. Letterman was never afraid to keep doing the Top Ten List.
Maybe different contracts? Things like that have changed a lot. Producers and companies are a lot more protective of their rights than they were 20-30+ years ago.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #431
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:

I am still holding my breath for The Carell Corral! Come on, Steve, make it happen!

http://cm.jetcamer.com/videos/play/xdyulw
Old 05-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #432
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
All the old bits that he had a property of NBC. It's not that he's afraid to do them, it's that NBC could sue TBS and Conan for a lot if he were to use them.

So that includes things like The Year 2000, Triumph, The Masturbating Bear, etc, etc. Anything that he had before during the other two shows.

During his interview with 60 Minutes he did say that he wanted to wipe the slate clean and do everything new. Re-invent himself. Taking the old bits would be like holding onto the past and not be very healthy.

I guess I'm just a fan no matter what. I've enjoyed pretty much every show. I usually just watch the monologue, unless there's a guest I want to see.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #433
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Loved the animal segment with Dave Salmoni tonight.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #434
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Mile-DJ View Post
All the old bits that he had a property of NBC. It's not that he's afraid to do them, it's that NBC could sue TBS and Conan for a lot if he were to use them.

So that includes things like The Year 2000, Triumph, The Masturbating Bear, etc, etc. Anything that he had before during the other two shows.

During his interview with 60 Minutes he did say that he wanted to wipe the slate clean and do everything new. Re-invent himself. Taking the old bits would be like holding onto the past and not be very healthy.

I guess I'm just a fan no matter what. I've enjoyed pretty much every show. I usually just watch the monologue, unless there's a guest I want to see.
so he wanted to re-invent himself by using the same sidekick, same band, same staff, same formula, on a very similar set. well i guess the beard was a "re-invention", but even that's gone now too
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #435
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I hate to say it, but he needs to ditch Andy.

Richter makes me laugh at times, and I like him, but mostly his comments just die. Conan seems to be the only one really laughing at what he says. He interrupts the monologue,and the interviews with comments that just seem to die.

Conan was at his best at Late Night after Andy left, he didn't use him as a comedy crutch, and he really flourished.

Unfortunately ditching Andy probably won't happen.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #436
bosox_fan05
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Norm was awesome last week on Conan. His Swedish-German joke about Andy was awesome and most of it was just made up on the spot. The way he always cuts Conan off when Conan is trying to interview him is hilarious too.

The Sports Show with Norm is pretty good and definitely has some hilarious stuff, but he seems to be at his best on talk shows like this. His ability to come up with stuff on the spot is amazing.

I'm sure there is a clip of this on Youtube, but I'm at work and Youtube is blocked.
bosox_fan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #437
Kidder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
I hate to say it, but he needs to ditch Andy.

Richter makes me laugh at times, and I like him, but mostly his comments just die. Conan seems to be the only one really laughing at what he says. He interrupts the monologue,and the interviews with comments that just seem to die.

Conan was at his best at Late Night after Andy left, he didn't use him as a comedy crutch, and he really flourished.

Unfortunately ditching Andy probably won't happen.
I agree. Max is a much better sidekick to Conan. He plays the straight man to Conan's jester. Andy almost tries to one-up Conan, interjecting constantly, and it's more miss than hit.

I miss Joel Godard, the guy played his role beautifully as announcer as a running punchline.

I remember times during late night when I was giddy in anticipation at some of his bits. The Walker Texas Ranger lever, interviews with Schwarzenegger/Clinton/Martha Stewart on his deskside tv, Triumpth bits, pretty much any skit with Max.

I'm hoping Conan will still find his niche on TBS.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #438
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post

I'm hoping Conan will still find his niche on TBS.
I think he will, but it's going to take him some time. That was a lot of material that is flushed down the drain from the NBC years, so it takes time to build it up again, see what works, what doesn't work.

He needs to get out of the studio though, that's when Conan really shines.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #439
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still 3 episodes behind, but I thought last week's Conan (so far anyway) was pretty solid. I'm right in the middle of "a Hangover actor per night" week, the one with Bradley Cooper & the guy from Bridesmaides was decent.

Just wanted to say though, is it just me or is Conan starting to seem a lot older? You can def tell he's not the youngster I remember growing up (obviously). It was kinda weird when he panicked and refused to do the facebook bed shot with that 19 year old girl. I get where he's coming from, but its not like they would be simulating sex or anything, they'd just be lying next to each other for 2 seconds. He made it all awkward when he bailed, chill out a bit.

Also, both Bradley Cooper and the Irish guy each had kind of a dirty story, nothing terrible though. And Conan nipped both right in the bud immediately. They were def dirty, but nothing even close to too hot for TV, especially on TBS. Maybe after 17 years of NBC he just can't get their old rules out of his head, but he needs to relax a bit with stuff like that. Maybe he's just becoming an old prude.

All of that isn't meant to trash him or anything, I still love the guy and watch him almost every night. I've just noticed he's getting older and definitely lamer when it comes to the sexytime department.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #440
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Conan is a repeat this entire week.

http://teamcoco.com/schedule

Cheers

Tags
comedy , conan , late , lol , night