Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2016, 04:06 PM   #61
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

This should help sell some tickets to the Ti-Cats game...

Old 08-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #62
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Stamps ticket prices for higher seats are so silly considering the CFL's current popularity. Just no willingness to budge at all now that they're run by the Flames.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to sit on those awful corner bleachers for $20 or less straight from ticketmaster/the Stamps. Now way you should have to find promotions for that, and see the Stamps advertise "OMG, get in the stadium for only $34.95" as if it's a low cost solution for football starved Calgarians.

Even worse the highest up seats directly beside the "cheap" seats are $51.95 each. Unbelievable, no wonder the upper corners have had like 500 fans total sit in them over the course of three years.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2016, 02:40 PM   #63
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

His blocking skills almost killed Willy, has talent though.

The Calgary Stampeders have added international running back Paris Cotton to the practice roster

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/09/01...actice-roster/

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2016, 03:43 PM   #64
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
His blocking skills almost killed Willy, has talent though.

The Calgary Stampeders have added international running back Paris Cotton to the practice roster

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/09/01...actice-roster/
I guess this means the injury Tory Harrison sustained last game must be significant.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:58 PM   #65
Armchair Quarterback
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Stamps ticket prices for higher seats are so silly considering the CFL's current popularity. Just no willingness to budge at all now that they're run by the Flames.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to sit on those awful corner bleachers for $20 or less straight from ticketmaster/the Stamps. Now way you should have to find promotions for that, and see the Stamps advertise "OMG, get in the stadium for only $34.95" as if it's a low cost solution for football starved Calgarians.

Even worse the highest up seats directly beside the "cheap" seats are $51.95 each. Unbelievable, no wonder the upper corners have had like 500 fans total sit in them over the course of three years.
I agree completely. I don't want to be that guy griping about the "good old days" when tickets were cheaper, but it seems like ticket prices in general are pretty unrealistic now.

On the other hand, some one-game tickets are pretty expensive, but you can still get season tickets for a great price. Not really an option for me though, now that I live in Riderland.

Last edited by Armchair Quarterback; 09-02-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Armchair Quarterback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #66
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

We lost an aweomse man. RIP China Clipper.

ScottFisherPM:
Reports: Normie Kwong, one of the best RBs to play for the Stamps and Eskimos, has reportedly died.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #67
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Former Flames co-owner as well.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2016, 09:30 PM   #68
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

RIP Mr. Kwong
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #69
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Stamps release Demonte Bolden today.

Just to much depth ahead of him according to DD. This will give him a chance to play elsewhere.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:37 PM   #70
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post

For sure. The Stampeders should price those higher seats so that it is a comparable outing to a movie. In other words, $15 gets you in the gate and likely every one of those folks spends another $15 or more on concession.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:24 PM   #71
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
For sure. The Stampeders should price those higher seats so that it is a comparable outing to a movie. In other words, $15 gets you in the gate and likely every one of those folks spends another $15 or more on concession.

That's for sure. After watching how much people drink at the game, they'll spend well over $15 on beer alone in the first half!
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:44 AM   #72
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Very much enjoying this year's team and especially satisfying with DD as head coach. Last night's game made me realize we likely have many years ahead with a renewed strong Esks-Stamps rivalry with Maas v Dickenson; Reilly v Mitchell. Lots of fun.

What remains a mystery to me is Drew Tate. Surely the guy can start on several other teams right now, and Calgary isn't even using him on short yardage.

I've heard the rumours on TSN of maybe Durant going to the Argos to help sell tickets - I wonder if the high draft picks and roster players that would go back to the Riders could then be sent to Calgary in return for Tate going to the Riders?

I know the value of having 2 quality QBs ... and Calgary is certainly there. But at the end of the day Tate is missing his chance to play starting QB in pro football and both Dickenson and Hufnagel must sympathize with that and give him a chance to play?
The Following User Says Thank You to Corral For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #73
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tate is 31 now and has one of the cushiest jobs on pro sports. He gets paid well too. I don't think he's outright said he likes the situation he's in but he's walked around that.

If he wanted to leave he could've but he chose o re-sign in Calgary and be the insurance. He doesn't have to take the beating on the short yardage either.

He's got it really good.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 10:09 PM   #74
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Well, the wrong Drew went to the Argos. I would have rather seen the roster player and high drafts picks from Toronto come to Calgary for Tate, and then we could have sent Montreal a low draft pick for Glenn as a backup for the rest of this season.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:17 PM   #75
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tate has never put in a full season as a healthy starting QB so I'm not surprised he's happy to hold a clipboard on a 9-1-1 team. And he's a good QB too so I'm sure he could drive the bus if called upon (I'd take him over Glenn at this stage). Great situation for both sides.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 10:18 PM   #76
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, the wrong Drew went to the Argos. I would have rather seen the roster player and high drafts picks from Toronto come to Calgary for Tate, and then we could have sent Montreal a low draft pick for Glenn as a backup for the rest of this season.
Would rather have Tate as the back up.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 10:25 PM   #77
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Don't get me wrong, I like Tate as our back up as well. But if Barker offered me TJ Heath, a first rounder and a third rounder for him ... i'd take it and then grab Glenn from the Als since he was obviously getting dumped. But I suspect - as noted above - there is doubt around the league as to whether Tate can stay healthy as a #1 guy.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:08 PM   #78
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Drew Tate is using this as an opportunity to learn how to coach before he goes back to Iowa (not joking).
Old 09-11-2016, 11:41 PM   #79
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I like Tate as our back up as well. But if Barker offered me TJ Heath, a first rounder and a third rounder for him ... i'd take it and then grab Glenn from the Als since he was obviously getting dumped. But I suspect - as noted above - there is doubt around the league as to whether Tate can stay healthy as a #1 guy.
I hate to say this but I don't think trading Drew Tate to the Argos will get us the same return Winnipeg get for Drew Willy. Even though Drew Willy struggled and lost his starting job in Winnipeg, he is much, much younger than Tate. I got the feeling Willy will play much better in a new environment in Toronto. It is a fresh start for him and having former QB Scott Milanovich as a head coach and Marcus Brady as an OC will do him good. Besides I would rather have Drew Tate as a backup and insurance QB for the Stamps.

I agree with corporatejay, Tate decided to stay with the Stamps knowing he might not get some playing time because he is planning on being a coach someday and he figured Hufnagel, Dickenson will help him learn that trade.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:23 AM   #80
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
both Dickenson and Hufnagel must sympathize with that and give him a chance to play?
They do
He's the ball holder for our field goal unit
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote