Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-09-2017, 12:04 PM   #21
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Maybe i'm a bit out of touch with the EDM festival crowd but I'm guessing that crack, heroin and fentanyl aren't exactly big time rave drugs.

I'd assume 95% of the drug related issues were mdma. Maybe a few people getting sick from taking shrooms or LSD.
And that's why I included them all in there. But that being said, the majority of overdoses are potentially polypharms anyhow, there's lots of bad cutting and mixes going around
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #22
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
And that's why I included them all in there. But that being said, the majority of overdoses are potentially polypharms anyhow, there's lots of bad cutting and mixes going around
Are you talking about the DJs?
Old 08-09-2017, 12:15 PM   #23
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
Are you talking about the DJs?
Most definitely!
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aleks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 01:56 PM   #24
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarley View Post
What happened last year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgary...-festival.html

"Though partiers had to seek refuge from hail at this year’s Chasing Summer electronic music festival, many still had a blast."
Last year a huge hail storm hit at about 6pm. If you all remember last summer, it hailed literally everyday during the summer. At the festival, we all saw the dark clouds approaching from the North. There was pretty much no shelter. The only shelter was whatever tiny booth tents were setup. And Max Bell Centre itself.

However someone made the decision to lock up Max Bell with all the promoters and performers inside and to lock out the attendees. I was there as guards literally pushed people away from the doors and shut them. To not have proper shelter setup, when the weather clearly forecast hail and rain, was a screw up on the organiser' part. Especially not letting anyone into a huge freakin' arena. That was just heartless. People were trying to get shelter under trees, the water tanks, outhouses, and the tiny 2 foot overhang that surrounds Max Bell.

Anyone who attends these events know how many shirtless bro-dudes show up, or girls just wearing literally bra and panties. Maybe it's because my group are all in our 30s and we actually watched the weather report. I was one of maybe 5 people who actually brought an umbrella and a rain jacket. People were out in the open as the hail hit, and all they could do was try and huddle under whatever tree had space, under water tanks, or even making human turtles out in the open. All you could hear was shirtless bro-dudes/girls in underwear high on drugs screaming/crying/wailing. It was sad, but mostly hilarious.

Also most people at these things are high, so you had a bunch of e-tards wandering around Forest Lawn looking for shelter. So many people hiding under people's balcony decks, and ripping up their signs on their lawn to use as umbrellas.

As cruel as it was for the staff to not let anyone in the arena other then staff or performers, it was even dumber on the attendees part to not dress or be prepared. It literally hailed and rained every single day for a month straight last summer. Yet people show up with little/no clothing and nothing to protect from the rain? Bunch of idiots all round.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 08-09-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 02:56 PM   #25
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
girls just wearing literally bra and panties. .
Wait, when is this event?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:00 PM   #26
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Glad to hear that important EMS resources are wasted on tools who decide to overdose. I don't care if people do drugs, but they should have to pay out of their pocket if they require medical attention. The risks are well documented so if people choose to use, they should be on their own.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:14 PM   #27
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
Glad to hear that important EMS resources are wasted on tools who decide to overdose. I don't care if people do drugs, but they should have to pay out of their pocket if they require medical attention. The risks are well documented so if people choose to use, they should be on their own.
Yeah! But why stop there! Anyone who does anything that is their fault and requires medical attention should be charged for the costs.

Smoker? Pay! Skiing injury? Pay! Tboned while turning left? Pay! Genetic predisposition to cancer? Pay!
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #28
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Yeah! But why stop there! Anyone who does anything that is their fault and requires medical attention should be charged for the costs.

Smoker? Pay! Skiing injury? Pay! Tboned while turning left? Pay! Genetic predisposition to cancer? Pay!
Please don't compare drug use to sports, driving or diseases, just don't!
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:03 AM   #29
Pontine
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Last year a huge hail storm hit at about 6pm. If you all remember last summer, it hailed literally everyday during the summer. At the festival, we all saw the dark clouds approaching from the North. There was pretty much no shelter. The only shelter was whatever tiny booth tents were setup. And Max Bell Centre itself.

However someone made the decision to lock up Max Bell with all the promoters and performers inside and to lock out the attendees. I was there as guards literally pushed people away from the doors and shut them. To not have proper shelter setup, when the weather clearly forecast hail and rain, was a screw up on the organiser' part. Especially not letting anyone into a huge freakin' arena. That was just heartless. People were trying to get shelter under trees, the water tanks, outhouses, and the tiny 2 foot overhang that surrounds Max Bell.

Anyone who attends these events know how many shirtless bro-dudes show up, or girls just wearing literally bra and panties. Maybe it's because my group are all in our 30s and we actually watched the weather report. I was one of maybe 5 people who actually brought an umbrella and a rain jacket. People were out in the open as the hail hit, and all they could do was try and huddle under whatever tree had space, under water tanks, or even making human turtles out in the open. All you could hear was shirtless bro-dudes/girls in underwear high on drugs screaming/crying/wailing. It was sad, but mostly hilarious.

Also most people at these things are high, so you had a bunch of e-tards wandering around Forest Lawn looking for shelter. So many people hiding under people's balcony decks, and ripping up their signs on their lawn to use as umbrellas.

As cruel as it was for the staff to not let anyone in the arena other then staff or performers, it was even dumber on the attendees part to not dress or be prepared. It literally hailed and rained every single day for a month straight last summer. Yet people show up with little/no clothing and nothing to protect from the rain? Bunch of idiots all round.
I don't understand why they couldn't add a tent to the secondary stage. It was a tent the first couple of years, and was great when it rained.

Last year we were huddled in one of the tents that housed the ATMs. It got so packed in there that the ATMs got knocked over and there were loose wires, with water all around... People were even hiding in the porta potties. It was stupid and not safe.

I brought a rain jacket and snuck in a small umbrella last year (umbrellas weren't actually allowed), but that didn't do much to protect us from the hail.

The event is run by livenation, so it's kind of shocking that they don't know how to provide basic necessities like shelter or have organized entrance lines. They own a portion of insomniac in the states, so it's not like they have no experience running big festivals like EDC. This was year 5, and the organization doesn't seem to get better or it gets worse.
Pontine is offline   Reply With Quote