Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2024, 03:08 PM   #41
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by traptor View Post
Why no wolf and why are we playing coronato on the 4th line

Give fans a reason to watch.
Man, you'd be a bad coach. Wolf is a rookie and has played 4 of the last 5 games. He can rest a game.

All 3 top lines are playing their usual personnel. Coronato has done nothing to displace any of them. He's a RHS RW, which means you'd have to displace one of Pospisil, Coleman or Kuzmenko. Who do you propose gets demoted to 4th line?
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 03:43 PM   #42
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
He's a RHS RW, which means you'd have to displace one of Pospisil, Coleman or Kuzmenko. Who do you propose gets demoted to 4th line?
Obviously Pospisil, because he is now a crusty old veteran who skates around with a walker. We demand youth in the lineup We demand DIFFERENT youth in the lineup!
Old 03-26-2024, 04:37 PM   #43
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
The team needs a win, I get that the better the draft position the better the pick, all the same prospect development is important, and the losses can be a war of attrition.
Explain why the Flames need a win?

I think it’s completely irrelevant whether they win or lose this game, other than draft position.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 04:39 PM   #44
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's funny to see that it doesn't matter if the Flames are first in the division or rebuilding - the GDT will always have complaints about the lines.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Burning Beard For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2024, 06:15 PM   #45
Vinsta13
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post

At some point they are going to have to take Mangiapane off the Backlund line and put one of the rookies there as a right of passage.
Baby Got Backlund
Vinsta13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinsta13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2024, 06:26 PM   #46
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don’t mind alternating starts for Wolf.

Coronato however is being wasted on the 4th line. Just send him down.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:31 PM   #47
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
Don’t mind alternating starts for Wolf.

Coronato however is being wasted on the 4th line. Just send him down.
NHL experience in limited minutes is just as valuable as skating around sub standard D men in the AHL, IMO.

Plus I don’t mind Greer and Rooney. They have good attitudes, work ethic, and can pot a goal or two. Coronato could learn from even them.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:32 PM   #48
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Blender could always come out too. Swap with Kuzmenko etc.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:37 PM   #49
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
NHL experience in limited minutes is just as valuable as skating around sub standard D men in the AHL, IMO.

Plus I don’t mind Greer and Rooney. They have good attitudes, work ethic, and can pot a goal or two. Coronato could learn from even them.
That’s fine, but he’s going to be a key player for us. I'd rather he get minutes and touches with the players he will play with. If he’s not good enough to be in the lineup send him down.

Playing 6-7 minutes with 4th liners really doesn’t do much. He needs to play and play with skilled players.

This would give the team a better opportunity to see what type of player he will have chemistry with and what we can work on in the summer.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:39 PM   #50
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Blender could always come out too. Swap with Kuzmenko etc.
This seems likely given the so far precarious nature of Kuzmenko's spot on the top line.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:40 PM   #51
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That’s fine, but he’s going to be a key player for us. I'd rather he get minutes and touches with the players he will play with. If he’s not good enough to be in the lineup send him down.

Playing 6-7 minutes with 4th liners really doesn’t do much. He needs to play and play with skilled players.

This would give the team a better opportunity to see what type of player he will have chemistry with and what we can work on in the summer.
There’s a ton of time for him to become accustomed to players. But who do you want to demote? Mangiapane - the guy people want to trade? now there’s a good showcase.

I think he’s learning how to play gritty defence on that line, which isn’t bad. Especially when the kid line (with Kadri) is getting its head caved in so much recently.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:53 PM   #52
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There’s a ton of time for him to become accustomed to players. But who do you want to demote? Mangiapane - the guy people want to trade? now there’s a good showcase.

I think he’s learning how to play gritty defence on that line, which isn’t bad. Especially when the kid line (with Kadri) is getting its head caved in so much recently.
That would be the only choice yes, as that’s the only line not getting dominated in our end.

I would sub Mangipane. Put pos on the 4th line.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:00 PM   #53
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

If it were the whole season, I would agree. But he has played 62 games this year, which is almost double what he's used to.

It usually comes down to this: there are certain things that the coaches want to see, and if he is showing better on those things, then they want him up. If there are things to work on, send him down.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote