Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2016, 10:45 AM   #81
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Early Miss or Northern Lights are good Indica CBD options. Just be prepared to sleep heavily after.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:49 AM   #82
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Pretty ####ty situation with certain LPs overcharging veterans for product just because the government is paying for it. Aphria actually admitted they have 2 different websites (one with normal prices and one with raised prices for veterans). In light of this, the government has decreased the amount of grams they will will now cover for veterans which is unfortunate because a lot of those guys have serious injuries and they are the ones being punished instead of the LP's that were engaging in the price-altering.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:03 AM   #83
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait, Aphria admitted to deceptive billing? And they still have a license?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:17 AM   #84
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

http://www.equity.guru/2016/11/22/ap...ndustry-split/

It's based off of a customer's interaction with an Aphria sales rep but Aphria hasn't denied anything and Canopy has actually withdrawn its membership in protest from the Cannabis Canada Association. This would lead me to believe that they either knew about it beforehand and did nothing or found out about it after and didn't level any punishment against Aphria.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiran403 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2016, 11:21 AM   #85
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran403 View Post
Pretty ####ty situation with certain LPs overcharging veterans for product just because the government is paying for it. Aphria actually admitted they have 2 different websites (one with normal prices and one with raised prices for veterans). In light of this, the government has decreased the amount of grams they will will now cover for veterans which is unfortunate because a lot of those guys have serious injuries and they are the ones being punished instead of the LP's that were engaging in the price-altering.
They still get 3 grams a day (almost 1/4 ounce every 2 days)which should be enough for most.

Oh, and if people are looking for a good THC strain, look for Purple Green Crack or Amnesia Haze...stellar weed.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:46 PM   #86
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sensi Star - an awesome indica. If you need sleep, this will do the job. Prepare to be couch-locked though.
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 PM   #87
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I found an unopened packet of Blue Dream Shatter on the ground while working.

I'm not experienced with this stuff . When
we opened it, all it was was parchment paper.

The package was sealed. Was it supposed to have that wax in it?

A coworker said he could've sold it for 50 bucks on the street if I hadn't been "bucked" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #88
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdpuck View Post
I found an unopened packet of Blue Dream Shatter on the ground while working.

I'm not experienced with this stuff . When
we opened it, all it was was parchment paper.

The package was sealed. Was it supposed to have that wax in it?

A coworker said he could've sold it for 50 bucks on the street if I hadn't been "bucked" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, if it looks like wax and smells like reggae, it's shatter.
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaronck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #89
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Catholicism has an enrollment crisis. A 'get high and talk about God' sort of program is exactly what they need.
"Yeah but like... what does God really mean?"
"Well, Thomas, the Bible says-..."
"No, I mean like really... maybe it's like something that's internal to all of us."
"The Holy Spirit is all around-..."
"No man... I mean... what if... what if God is like a concept of what's inside our brains that helps us determine right or wrong?"
"That's one way to think about it, as God is the arbiter of our moral compass, but-..."
"No no, I mean like actually a part of the brain, like the parietal lobe, or the pre-motor cortex? Whoa... GOD IS THE PRE-FRONTAL CORTEX."
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2016, 08:53 PM   #90
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

My daughter started the process today, to get her card. She gingerly brought it up with our family doc at an appointment last week and she jumped all over that. Got her referred to a colleague who can prescribe. She's all for it. She figures after 6 years of trying everything else and it all failing or never working at all, it can't be any worse than being stuck on Hydropmorph to get through a day. She thinks it will work very well for her, so we are encouraged by that. Although we thought she'd be supportive, it's not a conversation we'd ever really had with her so we were a bit nervous.

The appointment was today. The doctor was excellent. Gentle, caring and listened well. It was not a rushed appointment, even though he was running behind. He's hoping that we'll soon find the strain(s) and combinations that work well for her and that he can then guide her through weaning off all her other medications and she'll get something resembling a life, back. That is our fervent hope and wish too.

So, now we all begin a new learning process about all of this. She's approved for 3 grams/day to start. I know that she wants a low THC, as she finds the THC makes her quite nauseated. So we'll figure it out. The Dr said to try different strains and figure out what works. He feels she may want one strain for during the day, and a different strain for nighttime, as insomnia from the pain is a real struggle for her.

Considering how religious my upbringing was, how I have always been wildly against drug use, given the struggles my younger brother has had with illicit drugs, this was a direction I never thought I'd be encouraging her to go, but she has reached a breaking point and it can't hurt.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2016, 09:33 PM   #91
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's cool Minnie. It can take some time getting used to what works, what doesnt, what feels right, what doesn't. It can be a bit of a process but if she sticks with it hopefully she can find something that helps. 3 grams a day is a LOT, btw.

Oh, and try the oils if your LP provides them. Easier to take and less of a "head" high if that makes her nauseous.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:58 PM   #92
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, she has more than one diagnosis, so the hope is that it will help with all of them, but we'll see. We don't really know much about it, not yet. Steep learning curve, at the beginning, I expect. He said it is the max, and she may find she doesn't need that? I'm running on about 4 hours of interrupted sleep, as she was in emerg last night, for most of the middle of the night, so I'm a bit sketchy on details right now, trying to remember. I imagine it will take a bit of time for it all to get set up. She is most interested in the oils, with the higher CBD content. She is hoping they will provide them.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:15 PM   #93
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not all providers have oil, so be sure to check here before choosing : http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marih...o/list-eng.php
Old 12-08-2016, 11:18 PM   #94
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Anyone have experience of using cannabis for ADHD?

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Fozzie_DeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:35 AM   #95
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanGuy View Post
Not all providers have oil, so be sure to check here before choosing : http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marih...o/list-eng.php
Her prescribing doc recommended CannTrust which I see is on the list of providers with the oils
Old 12-20-2016, 06:44 PM   #96
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I have a family member being referred to a medical marijuana clinic in edmonchuk for neurologicall/pain treatment.

Anyone with experience with what they might expect? I imagine in the future they will be mail ordering and are on a fixed income, so I would appreciate any advice in that regard as well.

Last edited by Flash Walken; 12-20-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #97
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie_DeBear View Post
Anyone have experience of using cannabis for ADHD?
I have a friend who went to the doctor this week to help him deal with ADHD. The doctor recommended using the "Alaska" strain as it is supposed to help with focus. Apparently it has a fairly high THC content (around 24%). I'll pass on how it works for him.

Last edited by ben voyonsdonc; 12-20-2016 at 07:07 PM.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:06 PM   #98
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

One question: do most/any insurers cover medical marijuana as part of workplace benefits?
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:52 PM   #99
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
I have a family member being referred to a medical marijuana clinic in edmonchuk for neurologicall/pain treatment.

Anyone with experience with what they might expect? I imagine in the future they will be mail ordering and are on a fixed income, so I would appreciate any advice in that regard as well.
They will be prescribed a certain amount per day, then they pick a licensed provider off the government list I posted earlier and then they’ll order it through the mail. Some providers have compassionate pricing so I would check on that before choosing. And some will have free shipping options too, ask about that.

A chart like the one in this link is handy to determine which products to use. There are two main types of cannabinoids and only one gets you "high", the one with THC:

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis...nabis-medicine
The Following User Says Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2016, 01:22 PM   #100
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Does anybody know if a person switches their LP, does the doctor's office send the cancellation notice to the original LP? I was with Hydropothecary and switched to Aurora a couple months ago. I went on Aurora's site and they didn't have anything I wanted so I logged into Hydropothecary and my account was still fully active and I was able to order. My prescription definitely isn't split so I found it odd that I could still use my original LP.