Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2016, 04:58 PM   #1
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default The Medical Marijuana Thread

Today, I received my first shipment of legal medical pot. It came in the mail. It was 5g of Hurkle, a 6.9% THC 9% CBD Indica strain from Aurora Cannabis. It is simply a delight. I never have to visit a scumbag drug dealer (While not every drug dealer is a scumbag, lots are) for weed again.

Who else is enjoying the benefits of this wonderful, yet absurd, bureaucratic song and dance? I can take weed on an airplane now. What. I can order it on my phone. And someone brings it to my front door. And then they leave. I know exactly what I'm getting, it's meticulously curated, it's insanely high quality, and I can order 30g a month. I don't know about y'all, but a gram of weed a day, even for me, would be a tall ask. A gram of this stuff almost needs an elevator.

I don't want to turn this to be about legalization etc - this is already legal. It's for the law-abiding citizens among us to talk about a lawful thing.

Good health.

EDIT: For anyone interested in obtaining a legal prescription, I'm going to steal the link from Taco's post. When I booked, they were making appointments about ten days out.

http://naturalhealthservices.ca/

Last edited by GreenLantern2814; 10-27-2016 at 07:14 PM.
GreenLantern2814 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

My foster kids are all of their gourds on shatter, completely non functional and zombie like, all legal and a pain in the arse, meanwhile their dealers are pushing them to try out their non legal stock, as any good business person would.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:12 PM   #3
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Puff puff give.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:18 PM   #4
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Co-founder of Aurora Cannabis Chris Mayerson is one of Avenue magazines Top 40 Under 40 this year. I've known him since elementary school. Cool to see how this has grown since he started.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

My investment portfolio is a fan of medical Marijuana.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #6
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do I get Optimum points on it? I could use them on snacks.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:42 PM   #7
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
Puff puff give.
Gimme some of that for my cataracts..

I love how this thread was created the day before my long awaited appointment to inquire about this, can't wait. My sleep disorder is hitting insanity levels. Hoping it goes well.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #8
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post

I love how this thread was created the day before my long awaited appointment to inquire about this, can't wait. My sleep disorder is hitting insanity levels. Hoping it goes well.
The whole 'getting your card' process is a joke. The only question is how much you're allowed per month. A buddy of mine is allowed 60g, or roughly $500/month.

I also feel the need to mention that I read "Gimme some of that for my cataracts" in Mr Plinkett's voice.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2016, 05:56 PM   #9
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Today, I received my first shipment of legal medical pot. It came in the mail. It was 5g of Hurkle, a 6.9% THC 9% CBD Indica strain from Aurora Cannabis. It is simply a delight. I never have to visit a scumbag drug dealer (While not every drug dealer is a scumbag, lots are) for weed again.

Who else is enjoying the benefits of this wonderful, yet absurd, bureaucratic song and dance? I can take weed on an airplane now. What. I can order it on my phone. And someone brings it to my front door. And then they leave. I know exactly what I'm getting, it's meticulously curated, it's insanely high quality, and I can order 30g a month. I don't know about y'all, but a gram of weed a day, even for me, would be a tall ask. A gram of this stuff almost needs an elevator.

I don't want to turn this to be about legalization etc - this is already legal. It's for the law-abiding citizens among us to talk about a lawful thing.

Good health.
My friends mom is in chemo treatment and it sounds like she got a licence similar to yours. But she is actually allocated 90 grams/month. So almost an 8th per day. She goes on a website and can select whatever strain she wants.

It's pretty sweet. She gets it delivered via Canada post. Someone has to sign for it at the door. No visiting a dealer in an alley. No wondering what strain she got. And she doesn't take any opiate pain killers. Just marijuana.

Are edibles available? Is it strictly marijuana, or are other forms like hash and oil available? Can you claim it with your benefits? From what I understood it vary's by company. Unfortunately she cannot with her benefit plan. But it will be interesting to see what companies do in the future.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:58 PM   #10
RubberDuck
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
My foster kids are all of their gourds on shatter, completely non functional and zombie like, all legal and a pain in the arse, meanwhile their dealers are pushing them to try out their non legal stock, as any good business person would.
Unless it comes in the mail from one of Canada's 36 licensed producers, and I don't believe you can get shatter from any of them, it's not legal. Maybe west coast legalish but technically not legal.
RubberDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:00 PM   #11
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aurora is great, stock a little low at the moment. They had LA Confidential a month ago, was soo good! just under 26%
Old 10-27-2016, 06:05 PM   #12
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post

is your appt at nhs? they are pretty good at prescribing a realistic amount!
Old 10-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #13
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

http://naturalhealthservices.ca/
Book an appointment with this clinic (near Chinook).
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:38 PM   #14
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
is your appt at nhs? they are pretty good at prescribing a realistic amount!
Yep! I'm excited, took forever to get the appointment. I'm pretty much addicted to Sleep-Eze pills at the moment, it needs to stop

Last edited by Sainters7; 10-27-2016 at 06:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2016, 06:39 PM   #15
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
The whole 'getting your card' process is a joke. The only question is how much you're allowed per month. A buddy of mine is allowed 60g, or roughly $500/month.

I also feel the need to mention that I read "Gimme some of that for my cataracts" in Mr Plinkett's voice.
Haha awesome, can't wait to go..and the answer on that Daily Double was a Mr. Bernie Mac (spoiler'd for language). Good lawd have mercy! Miss Parker, Miss Parker!

Spoiler!
Old 10-27-2016, 06:49 PM   #16
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whats the cost like? And if I have the card, is it something I can claim on taxes?

I'm a rec user, but I also have a good case for legitimacy.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:59 PM   #17
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wonder if previous retina detachment is a qualifier.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:06 PM   #18
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post
Unless it comes in the mail from one of Canada's 36 licensed producers, and I don't believe you can get shatter from any of them, it's not legal. Maybe west coast legalish but technically not legal.
I live off Kingsway, East Van, my local 'dispensary' Budzilla (just conjures up images of lab coats and doctors doesn't it?) will get you a green card in about as long as it takes to say 'I'm having difficulty sleeping' and they will sell you shatter butter or pretty much anything you want.

Ive got 5 'dispensaries' within walking distance, I have to drive to get a beer though!

For the record I'm in favour of legalisation.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #19
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
Wonder if previous retina detachment is a qualifier.
If you go to a prescription factory like NHS, short of saying 'I wanna get mad ####ed up' they'll let you through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Whats the cost like? And if I have the card, is it something I can claim on taxes?

I'm a rec user, but I also have a good case for legitimacy.
If you're not someone who needs it for cancer/HIV treatments etc, it's $8/gram through Aurora, anyway. If you are, good luck in the fight and it's $5/gram. As to the taxes, I'm not sure.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #20
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
I live off Kingsway, East Van, my local 'dispensary' Budzilla (just conjures up images of lab coats and doctors doesn't it?) will get you a green card in about as long as it takes to say 'I'm having difficulty sleeping' and they will sell you shatter butter or pretty much anything you want.

Ive got 5 'dispensaries' within walking distance, I have to drive to get a beer though!

For the record I'm in favour of legalisation.
Just as a PSA for those who might not know: but the membership cards the Vancouver dispensaries hand out have no legal import whatsoever. You have to follow the official process mandated by Health Canada to obtain, possess, and use MJ. You also have to stay within the possession limits that are mandated. If you possess marijuana without following the proper procedure, or if you exceed the limits of what you're entitled to possess, you can be arrested/criminally charged (or, at a minimum, have your excess pot taken away and destroyed).

One of the troubles with all the Vancouver dispensaries is that a number of people now genuinely believe that marijuana is already legal to possess (generally), when in fact the law is simply not being enforced by police here. Travel with it elsewhere, and you'd better have your paperwork in order.
flylock shox is offline   Reply With Quote