Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #21
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

What Ducay said.... And yes, you do look fat in those jeans.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #22
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

As a general rule, I hate anyone with a later Join Date and higher Exp than me, so ... tits or GTFO.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually quite enjoy PIMking's posts. I think a lot of people do ride him hard probably because he comes from a slightly different culture and background than the rest of us.

If I were you I would just stay out of the religious/gun/political threads. Once you make one post in one of those, it sucks you in and you can't get out. I can't remember how many times i've wanted to write a response and then deleted it because I didn't want to argue for 10 hours. Some people enjoy that and it's a good thing every once in a while, but I could see it wear on you if you are on the opposite end in every discussion. Just take a break from those threads. You don't have to respond to them.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #24
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't take anything a bunch of nerds (yes we are all nerds with a common interest) on an internet message board take to seriously.

Everyone has their own viewpoints, as messed up as some of them may be, and this little community is growing everyday. Just as in real life you are gonna find some real d-bags and internet tough guys who pride themselves in belittling someone that they have never met or know nothing about personally besides what their viewpoint may be on guns or virgins or whatever.

My suggestion, have your browser not log you in automatically and just browse and read threads for a while. You will find some amusing characters on here and see CP in a completely different light when you don't feel you are under a microscope yourself.

Personally I find your alternative views add to the topics more then take away from it.

cheers
Old 01-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #25
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

The first thing you should do is change your signature. I know many of us (myself included) try to find something funny to put in our signatures; the whole point of a signature is to have something there you want after every post. So in this case maybe a signature like this:
"Please excuse any spelling or gramatical errors; I am trying my best."

Second thing- report the posts that offend you. However, make sure you did not start by taking a shot first. I'm not saying you do this, but many people do. This being a sports forum there is a certain "locker room" flow to the place, and sometimes it is fine line between friendly jabs and ones that are hurtful.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #26
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #27
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:

Just remember for all the arguing people do on here, if we were all face-to-face, it probably wouldn't happen. This is the internet, the Land of the Jerks.

That, and don't paint yourself into corners when you jump into a hotly contested subject. If you write something, and you figure there's a way someone can jump all over that or this sentence, don't post it, or else re-word it in a way you can easily defend it. You might hold a good point-of-view, one that a lot of people would agree with, but if it's not expressed properly, people might tear it to pieces.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #28
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

C'mon PIM... we have talked about this before. We are in the minority here. Canada has just a completely different mindset than we do. I'm not saying theirs is wrong and ours is right , it's just different. Just cool down and stick it out. Differing opinions make reading threads on this board entertaining.

Plus if you leave, I feel the rain of American hate will land squarely on me. If this happens I might develop a stutter. P-P-P-P-Please dont do that to me.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #29
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, the other thing is that some of the time debate turns into argument, and arguments can result in comments that cross the line.

PMKing is getting a lot of grief here and some of it ought to be going back the other way.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #30
BigBrodieFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

And here I thought the idiots and the constant sarcasm and deep conversations were what made these boards so much fun. Suck it up bud, I am a chick, living in Kansas- if I can take the crap, so can you.

Plus, I need fellow people who live in fear of tornadoes on these boards with me. The Canadians will NEVER understand..
BigBrodieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #31
wpgflamesfan
3 Wolves Short of 2 Millionth Post

Exp:

You better be back for College Football season.
wpgflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #32
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Well, the other thing is that some of the time debate turns into argument, and arguments can result in comments that cross the line.

PMKing is getting a lot of grief here and some of it ought to be going back the other way.
agreed ... which is why I just ignored a few posters and stopped posting in some of the threads. It definitely sucks being a minority in something that the collective group feels so strongly about. It's not a reason for PIM to quit the board but it's also not a reason for the collective group to verbally assault and make fun of him.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #33
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ooooh, dramatic. I'll probably just disappear into the ether if I ever decide to stop posting.

Also, whenever something annoys you or you feel embarrassed, always remember - at least you're not jhunt223.

Last edited by Kybosh; 01-20-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #34
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

lol
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #35
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post

This. Big time.

Some of the comments in the NRA thread are completely over the line.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #36
Papi34
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Who takes message boards this seriously?! Is this not crazy to anyone else?!

Dude who cares what internet tough guys say to you or about you. Brush your shoulders off and post something witty back!

Message boards are supposed to be fun not serious!
Papi34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #37
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought you took a nice shot at peter12 in DA's Thread of Hypocrisy. That's not a bad way to go out, if you are indeed planning on leaving.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #38
BBQorMILDEW
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I have always enjoyed your posts PIMking.

But, you look like a whiny b-itch right now. Either leave or stay, the choice is so simple.
BBQorMILDEW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BBQorMILDEW For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #39
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
C'mon PIM... we have talked about this before. We are in the minority here. Canada has just a completely different mindset than we do. I'm not saying theirs is wrong and ours is right , it's just different. Just cool down and stick it out. Differing opinions make reading threads on this board entertaining.

Plus if you leave, I feel the rain of American hate will land squarely on me. If this happens I might develop a stutter. P-P-P-P-Please dont do that to me.
Silence Yankee scum!
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #40
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Plenty of people like our American cousins, it's just not worth it to wade into the ridiculous anti-American threads on here and try to defend them in any way. Best to just ignore the garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
I just found the ignore feature... That'll help
That too, filters out the worst of it.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote