Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-16-2017, 01:57 PM   #81
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

More
The @sskroughriders are in discussions with Vince Young, according to the former NFL quarterback's agent.
http://www.cbc.ca/1.3986543
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #82
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

oh please please please sign him.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #83
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Was Ryan Leaf not available?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2017, 03:05 PM   #84
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Calgary Stampeders have signed free-agent national receiver Rory Kohlert.

Kohlert is a five-year CFL veteran who played 85 career regular-season games, including 71 starts, for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers from 2012-16. The 29-year-old Regina native has 160 career catches for 1,630 yards and nine touchdowns. In 2016, Kohlert had 29 catches for 283 yards and one major and was two-for-two in passing including his first career touchdown pass in an Oct. 8 win over the BC Lions.

“Rory is an all-around receiver with good pass-catching ability and he’s a reliable blocker in the run game,” said Stampeders head coach Dave Dickenson.

http://www.stampeders.com/2017/02/16...comes-calgary/

Replaces SCC?
Old 02-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #85
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lions have signed free agent wide receiver Chris Williams.

“When you think of players who possess pure speed and the ability to get up the field, Chris Williams tops that list,” said GM and head coach Wally Buono. “An effective and complete offence includes a combination of proven possession receivers and legitimate vertical threats. The addition of Chris makes our offence more complete and adds another level of excitement for our fans.”

http://www.bclions.com/2017/02/17/li...hris-williams/
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #86
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gee, some teams are seriously stocking up. The Albertan teams are pretty much keeping their rosters and doing some tweaking.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #87
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Gee, some teams are seriously stocking up. The Albertan teams are pretty much keeping their rosters and doing some tweaking.
Williams won't be available till mid-season. Don't forget BC lost guys like Bighill, Leone, Lokombo, Bazzie, Gaitor to NFL. That's decent talent on the D side they lost. Their offence better keep up.

Sask was one of the worst teams last year and they added Glenn at the most important position and are going in with an unknown Canadian as their starter at RB. Not scary at all.

Winnipeg is relatively a similar team to last year with maybe a stronger D line. Can Nichols duplicate his last year or will he come back to earth.

The Alberta teams are still ahead of these 3 imo.

Especially the Stamps who basically only lost Dennis from a 15-3 regular season team. The younger guys like Singleton, Daniels, Durant, Jorden, Evans, Davis, Smith, Wiggan etc etc will all be looking to build on their strong rookie/2nd seasons. From their twitter banter the Stamps will be a hungry team after last years Grey Cup debacle.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #88
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is up with Chris Jones signing a bundle of now former Stampeders? OL Derek Dennis, LB Glenn Love, R Bakari Grant and even former Stamps QB Kevin Glenn. Now they just signed another one. DL Zach Minter signed with the Riders. Who else can they sign from the Stampeders free agency?

I think Jones thought it works for Ottawa in the last two seasons having all those former Stamps and figured they might work for them too.

Last edited by OzSome; 02-21-2017 at 09:05 PM.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:13 PM   #89
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Sounds like Jim Popp as GM is pretty much a done deal in Toronto. Lots of speculation he will bring Marc Trestman back as HC.

Hopefully can bring some stability to that gong show.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #90
DirtyMike
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Indeed a done deal that Trestman and Popp are reunited back in Toronto. I would anticipate that they'll be able to return Toronto to respectability, and ideally increased crowds.

Also some speculation that they'll try to trade for Johnny Manziel's rights from Hamilton. Although I have my doubts whether he'd be any good in the CFL, it would at least be interesting. It's been a while since we've seen a high-profile NFL castoff come North.
DirtyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #91
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMike View Post
Indeed a done deal that Trestman and Popp are reunited back in Toronto. I would anticipate that they'll be able to return Toronto to respectability, and ideally increased crowds.

Also some speculation that they'll try to trade for Johnny Manziel's rights from Hamilton. Although I have my doubts whether he'd be any good in the CFL, it would at least be interesting. It's been a while since we've seen a high-profile NFL castoff come North.
Not really a cast off, but, Vince Young
Quote:
According to TSN Senior Correspondent Gary Lawless, Young's agent, Leigh Steinberg, is en route to Saskatchewan to finalize a deal for his client with the Roughriders.
http://www.tsn.ca/vince-young-signin...iders-1.691042
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:58 PM   #92
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The Riders better run a simplified offense. Oh and use comic books to explain the extra man on the field because Vince Young is a very dumb QB.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2017, 04:05 PM   #93
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

He's also an old player who has been out of the game for years. The Riders are the team I most dislike so I look forward to seeing him flop.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #94
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Vince Young scored a 6 on the Wunderlic test and all he got was a potato

Old 03-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #95
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Manziel also comes, the CFL should at least have some good publicity to work with at the beginning of the season.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:47 PM   #96
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

I could see Manziel having some success with the right coaching and in the right system. Maybe not Grey Cups or anything but he has enough mobility and arm strength to make plays and put butts in seats.

Vince Young on the other hand seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Sure, he had all the tools 10 years ago, but there is a reason why he failed at the NFL level and I don't see him having any better luck in the CFL.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #97
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeeJonesC...379648/photo/1

The look of a man figuring if he can get back through security and back to the plane he just arrived on.

Also looks as if Chris Jones is too busy shifting his cap dollars around under the table, or stabbing someone else in the back figuratively, to get there in time on his motorbike to meet Vince.
browna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #98
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Argos in on this one.

FarhanLajiTSN:
Quote:
#BCLions in trade talks with at least 1 East team on OT Jovan Olafioye. BC needs to shed salary after free agent spending. @CFLonTSN

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2017, 10:00 AM   #99
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/foot...g-well-already

If you’re waiting for tickets for this year’s Grey Cup in Ottawa to go on sale to the general public, you may be out of luck.

If you don’t plan on buying an Ottawa Redblacks season ticket or some sort of smaller package of tickets, there won’t be much left to pick through with an expected capacity of about 34,000 for the Canadian Football League championship contest at TD Place on Nov. 26.

Here’s where tickets have been going: The Redblacks are looking at selling the equivalent of about 17,000 season tickets (so far averaging about one Grey Cup ticket per person), plus a waiting list of 10,000 fans plunked down $50 deposits in late November, and there are ticket allotments to the eight other CFL teams, the league and its sponsors.

Last edited by Otto-matic; 03-16-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:24 PM   #100
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Happened at the beginning of last year and he kept it from the team all year.

Quote:
Jordan Reaves, the Winnipeg-born football player who is a member of the Saskatchewan Roughriders, has been ordered to stand trial on a serious criminal charge.

Reaves, 27, is accused of possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking, court documents obtained by the Free Press show. He has been free on bail since being arrested by Winnipeg police during a traffic stop in early 2016.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...416396244.html

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote