Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #761
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone know what's the deal with Max Reinhart? He didn't play tonight.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #762
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Anyone know what's the deal with Max Reinhart? He didn't play tonight.
Quote:
Head Coach Kris Knoblauch said Max Reinhart blocked a shot Tuesday night and suffered an injury that needs some rest or it might get worse. He hopes that he’ll be ready for next weekend.
http://jeffhollick.blogspot.com/2012...4-game-48.html
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #763
Henry Fool
Franchise Player

Exp:

Markus Granlund was the first star in tonight's game, 2+1 and 7 shots. Redirects a hard pass up from the slot and then redirects another pass from the side of the net.

http://www.nelonenpro.fi/j%C3%A4%C3%...o-hifk-2712012
Henry Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Henry Fool For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #764
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joni Ortio has been assigned to TPS Turku of SM-Liiga. I'm guessing that means Irving is on his way back down and Karlsson is ready to return to the big club.

http://www.abbotsfordheat.com/ViewAr...CLID=205369591

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #765
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames NCAA prospect report

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=613996

Flames WHL prospect report

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=613907
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #766
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Micheal Ferland had a goal and a assist as Brandon lost 6-2 in Edmonton.

Laurent Brossoit stopped 25 of 27 shots for the win.

Joey Leach had an assist as Kootenay lost 7-6 in a SO to Prince Albert.

Turner Elson had a assist as Red Deer beat Tri-City 3-2 in OT.

Tyler Wotherspoon had a assist as Portland beat Spokane 3-2 in OT.

Johnny Gaudreau had a goal as Boston College beat New Hampshire 4-3.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #767
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Bartschi's been kinda under performing ever since coming back. Is he just slumping right now or is he struggling to get back into the regular routine?
Old 01-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #768
Johnny Rotten
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Two goals and an assist for Sven with 10 mins. left in the third period tonight in Portland/Seattle game.
Johnny Rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #769
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rotten View Post
Two goals and an assist for Sven with 10 mins. left in the third period tonight in Portland/Seattle game.
Also, Ferland with a goal tonight.

Elson with two goals.

Brossoit stopped 21 of 24 in a loss.

Leach with one assist. With that assist he has now ties his last year's point total.

Wotherspoon with two assists.

Last edited by Pierre "Monster" McGuire; 01-28-2012 at 11:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #770
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
Bartschi's been kinda under performing ever since coming back. Is he just slumping right now or is he struggling to get back into the regular routine?
Well he seems to be back in form tonight.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #771
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

AHL All-Star Team West beat Team East 8-7 in a shootout.

Kolanos had one assist and missed his goal in the shootout.

Connelly also had one assist.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #772
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
Bust!
mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #773
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Turner Elson had a SHG tonight, a helper, +3, in a 6-3 win over Medicine Hat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 05:32 AM   #774
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Since being back with Utah (ECHL), Mitch Wahl has scored 4 goals and 1 assist in 4 games. He now has 12 points (9 goals and 3 assists) in 9 games over the season. He is scoring a ton in the ECHL ... too bad that it hasn't translated to the AHL yet. BTW Wahl has scored more points than fellow prospects Cameron and MacMillan (both 11 points), despite the fact that they have played 20 and 25 games respectively.

Flames prospects in Utah:

- Mitch Wahl: 9 GP 9 G 3 A 12 P
- Logan MacMillan: 25 GP 4 G 7 A 11 P
- Bryan Cameron: 20 GP 7 G 4 A 11 P

Maybe also interesting: C.J. Severyn has 2 goals and 1 assist in 22 games along with 74 penalty minutes.

Wahl and Cameron have 1 year left on their ELC while MacMillan becomes RFA in summer. One would think that MacMillan is pretty much done with the Flames - very disappointing for a former 1st round pick. Cameron will have to improve a lot next year to have a chance with Calgary. Dowling seems to do quite well both in the AHL and ECHL.

EDIT: oops, Dowling is not a Flames prospect. Thought he was signed to an ELC in summer. My bad.

Last edited by devo22; 02-02-2012 at 05:44 AM.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #775
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really want to know what the deal is behind the scenes with Wahl.

I had high hopes for him, and now he's stuck in the ECHL scoring a goal per game.

After not doing much for a long stretch with the Bulldogs, it looked like he was starting to put up some numbers, then just like that the loan is over and now he's stuck down in a league that appears to be below his abilities.

IMO he'd be much better served getting full time ice with the Heat, or at least loaned to another AHL team for the balance of the season. (can they do that, or can he only be lent out once?)

Stupid Volpatti.......at least I think that's the guy that crushed Wahl last year, ending his season with a severe concussion.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #776
c.t.ner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I really want to know what the deal is behind the scenes with Wahl.

I had high hopes for him, and now he's stuck in the ECHL scoring a goal per game.

After not doing much for a long stretch with the Bulldogs, it looked like he was starting to put up some numbers, then just like that the loan is over and now he's stuck down in a league that appears to be below his abilities.

IMO he'd be much better served getting full time ice with the Heat, or at least loaned to another AHL team for the balance of the season. (can they do that, or can he only be lent out once?)

Stupid Volpatti.......at least I think that's the guy that crushed Wahl last year, ending his season with a severe concussion.
I still have some pretty decent expectations for Wahl. I think from some of the stuff last year that the Flames have some faith in the guy. But you're right that one hit has really set him back by two about years.

The problem with that is, Wahl isn't a Feaster pick, so he's really got to dominate the ECHL to keep on the team's radar. Next year's training camp is going to be absolutely critical for the kid. He's got to turn some heads or this maybe the end of him in the Flames organization.

Seams like the kid has a great attitude and the skill set to be something, but what ever has happened over the past year and a half has really hampered his growth.

I still agree with the loan idea, it's just a shame that due to AHL rules he's no longer eligible to play for the Heat at the AHL after being returned. (I think that is what's happened, I saw that in the Wahl thread earlier).
c.t.ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #777
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Since being back with Utah (ECHL), Mitch Wahl has scored 4 goals and 1 assist in 4 games. He now has 12 points (9 goals and 3 assists) in 9 games over the season. He is scoring a ton in the ECHL ... too bad that it hasn't translated to the AHL yet. BTW Wahl has scored more points than fellow prospects Cameron and MacMillan (both 11 points), despite the fact that they have played 20 and 25 games respectively.

Flames prospects in Utah:

- Mitch Wahl: 9 GP 9 G 3 A 12 P
- Logan MacMillan: 25 GP 4 G 7 A 11 P
- Bryan Cameron: 20 GP 7 G 4 A 11 P

Maybe also interesting: C.J. Severyn has 2 goals and 1 assist in 22 games along with 74 penalty minutes.

Wahl and Cameron have 1 year left on their ELC while MacMillan becomes RFA in summer. One would think that MacMillan is pretty much done with the Flames - very disappointing for a former 1st round pick. Cameron will have to improve a lot next year to have a chance with Calgary. Dowling seems to do quite well both in the AHL and ECHL.

EDIT: oops, Dowling is not a Flames prospect. Thought he was signed to an ELC in summer. My bad.
Dowling, Severyn and Jon Rheault are on AHL deals. Dowling's goal in the off-season was to establish himself as the "new Carter Bancks" (in terms of how hard Bancks is to play against".

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #778
Jaybird
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Mitch Wahl came into camp slow as he was still recovering over the summer from concussion. Unfortunately for him, he was somewhat dismissed as the team was pretty heavy in the top six. There was some discussions between the Wahl camp with the Flames camp regarding his lack of ice time. Dont think Feaster liked this so Big Egos prevailed-God forbid a player should question his lack of ice time!!!- and Wahl was traded to Hamilton where they really didn't have a spot for him. In the end I understand Wahl wanted to go to Utah, where he could get lots of ice time rather than sputtering in Hamilton. I think we have seem some favouritism on the Heat team for Feaster picked players and I guess that is just that way it works. I hope Wahl does well in Utah and perhaps gets a good trade at some point.
Bancks hasn't suffered from not being a Feaster pick. The Flames love him and he plays with a lot of heart but Wahl has more talent. Ward plays Bancks in every oppportunity, likely trying to get him some time with the Flames. I am not sold that Bancks has the smarts but he puts in a ton of effort.
The Heat lost tonight to Rochester.....seem to be struggling even with Byron and Horak back and bringing in Connelly. I think Ward has some work to do. He may have been relying too much on Kolanos to score the goals. I think he has players he feels are going to win the game for him and he puts them in every situation but I think they get tired. For instance I don't know why Byron should play pp and pk...its too much and there are lots of great penalty killers on the Heat! When a team starts to lose that is when the coach has to do some self-reflection. Just my opinion....sorry to rant!
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaybird For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #779
Henry Fool
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joni Ortio had a shutout tonight in his first game for TPS. 28 saves. Their opponent Ilves is a terrible team but it was a very good start all the same.

Markus Granlund has had a couple of quiet games since my last update.
Henry Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Henry Fool For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #780
Miniac
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Thumbs up

Sven Bartschi with 1 assist tonight. In 32 GP he has now 15 G 46 A for a total 61 PTS.
Miniac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miniac For This Useful Post:

Tags
go flames go! , oilers suck , prospects