Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2023, 02:26 PM   #361
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Posted this in the Amazon Prime thread but still relevant to this topic:

With the news of Amazon dropping Jeremy Clarkson you do get a view into what content is coming up:

Grand Tour:
Four more specials with the last one expected to come in end 2024 or beginning of 2025.

Clarkson's Farm:
Season 2 - Feb 10, 2023
Season 3 - expected 2024

The way Amazon has dropped Clarkson seems a bit odd. It's not like they're dropping him...more like playing out the duration of the contract with no option for renewal. It makes sense given the health and age of the presenter trio, including Clarkson.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/global/j...ed-1235490701/
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:25 AM   #362
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

New Trailer!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2023, 10:24 AM   #363
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've been binging this show over the last few weeks and I am totally hooked. It's a little bit of a car show, a little bit of a travel adventure show and a little bit of a buddy comedy.

I just finished Season 3. Season 1 and 2 had some good bits but holy-moly does Season 3 ever deliver. The RV (aka old-Brit Mad Max) and Mongolia episodes were brilliant.
Red Slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red Slinger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2023, 03:00 PM   #364
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

No matter how controversial JC can be, I have a forever interest in his shows coming from the old Top Gear days. Love these shows, and the new one looks like it will be hilarious.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 03:32 PM   #365
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
No matter how controversial JC can be, I have a forever interest in his shows coming from the old Top Gear days. Love these shows, and the new one looks like it will be hilarious.
Say what you will, the man is entertaining.

Plus...he clocked Piers Morgan which is an eternal 'feather in his cap.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-07-2023, 09:06 PM   #366
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I personally don’t think he will be kicked off. After all his “committed” show are completed, everything “bad” will be behind him and if he so decides to, he will venture forward.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 10:34 AM   #367
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just a reminder, today is the release of 'Eurocrash.'

Old 06-16-2023, 06:29 PM   #368
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sit Rep: The Drag Race in Slovakia was absolutely hysterical.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2023, 06:32 PM   #369
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Sit Rep: The Drag Race in Slovakia was absolutely hysterical.
It was great! James May was talking about ending the show. If it is this one, so be it, but I am hoping they wrap it up properly. They all have their own shows and did Top Gear / The Grand Tour for over 30 years. I will miss it, I love that show, but Clarkson's Farm, James May My Man In, etc is great too.
Playfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 06:37 PM   #370
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playfair View Post
It was great! James May was talking about ending the show. If it is this one, so be it, but I am hoping they wrap it up properly. They all have their own shows and did Top Gear / The Grand Tour for over 30 years. I will miss it, I love that show, but Clarkson's Farm, James May My Man In, etc is great too.
I love those shows too, but man...when you plunk these three clowns together? I rarely laugh this hard.

I liked at the beginning where they were discussing all the countries they're not allowed to go to anymore.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2023, 09:04 PM   #371
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I love those shows too, but man...when you plunk these three clowns together? I rarely laugh this hard.

I liked at the beginning where they were discussing all the countries they're not allowed to go to anymore.
That was funny. The fat jokes. I enjoyed Nigel as well. He fit in well with the trio

Last edited by Playfair; 06-16-2023 at 09:11 PM.
Playfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 01:48 PM   #372
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playfair View Post
That was funny. The fat jokes. I enjoyed Nigel as well. He fit in well with the trio
Mansell was hilarious, I love when they do their Northern accents.

Also, honestly, the cars. James' cars were crap but funny, but I thought Jeremy's car was pretty cool, and Richard's, while boring, at least was newer and semi-reliable, that was a safe bet.

Old 06-17-2023, 02:28 PM   #373
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Mansell was hilarious, I love when they do their Northern accents.

Also, honestly, the cars. James' cars were crap but funny, but I thought Jeremy's car was pretty cool, and Richard's, while boring, at least was newer and semi-reliable, that was a safe bet.
Top Gear/Grand Tour and many other folks have crapped on the SSR for a long time but I love those things. My neighbor down the street has one and if he ever decides to get rid of it I would think about taking it from him. He never drives it so it must be really low KM. Those things are great cruisers for some top down fun in the sun. They definitely aren't performance sports cars which is the angle that I see many reviewers taking and as such they end up disappointed.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2023, 02:35 PM   #374
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Top Gear/Grand Tour and many other folks have crapped on the SSR for a long time but I love those things. My neighbor down the street has one and if he ever decides to get rid of it I would think about taking it from him. He never drives it so it must be really low KM. Those things are great cruisers for some top down fun in the sun. They definitely aren't performance sports cars which is the angle that I see many reviewers taking and as such they end up disappointed.
The SSR attempted to be all things to everyone and failed in every respect.

If you like them, thats great, I'm sure theres a niche market for them.

The reason I said it was safe pick for Hammond is because it was relatively new, its got GM Guts which means theres nothing ancient or experimental, it'll have a decent amount of power and reliability...if you dont need to use it as a race car or as a truck but just as a cruiser? Seems like a decent choice.

18,500 pounds seems a bit steep, granted they dont give us year or mileage.

I dont personally like the look of them, and as I recall they were pretty expensive for what you got, but getting a second-hand one in decent shape? Like I said, niche market.

Old 06-18-2023, 03:14 PM   #375
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did they drop Clarkson altogether? Like no more Clarkson farm either? Because that's great fun .

I loved this. It felt like the last one, they haven't laughed like that on camera in ages.
Old 06-18-2023, 05:09 PM   #376
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Did they drop Clarkson altogether? Like no more Clarkson farm either? Because that's great fun .

I loved this. It felt like the last one, they haven't laughed like that on camera in ages.

nope. He's doing all his contracted work. pretty sure by the time he's done that, he will either retire or they will re-sign him - as all the hoopla against him will have died down

(imo, it already has)

Last edited by csnarpy; 06-18-2023 at 05:12 PM.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 06:10 PM   #377
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
nope. He's doing all his contracted work. pretty sure by the time he's done that, he will either retire or they will re-sign him - as all the hoopla against him will have died down

(imo, it already has)
This is pretty much my feeling as well.

Its the beauty of working for Amazon, an American company. Do you know how much the Americans GAF about the Royals' feelings?

Its low. Very low.

Old 06-19-2023, 09:39 PM   #378
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 02-06-2024, 03:37 PM   #379
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

You may hook that to my veins please and thanks.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2024, 08:59 PM   #380
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm going to miss these bastards when they're gone.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: