Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2017, 12:59 AM   #1221
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was really hoping they'd ramp up the tension tonight after such an excellent episode last week, but man, what a boring letdown that was. Don't get me wrong. I love the occasional dialogue-driven episode that focuses on character development, but tonight's story didn't really push the narrative forward in any significant way, which was disappointing. These final two episodes better be worth it. I want to see some carnage, dammit!

Rosita and Sasha have become incredibly annoying characters. I'm hoping they both meet their end soon. Sasha likely goes first, as her plan is idiotic and there's no way she'll get close enough to knock off Negan.

I'm betting that was Dwight at the end there with Daryl's old crossbow. He'll end up joining Rick's alliance.

The scene with Daryl and Maggie in the storm cellar was pretty heartbreaking, and Steven Ogg's performance as Simon is always entertaining. Other than those scenes, the episode was a complete dud.

Last edited by direwolf; 03-20-2017 at 01:03 AM.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:35 AM   #1222
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure what you guys expected, there will be at least 1 more slower episode still when they recruit oceanside, they needed to show each of the camps has their ducks in a row. The Kingdom got on board last week, Hilltop is now prepared and next week I am sure Oceanside will be good to go.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:32 AM   #1223
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Steven Ogg was by far the best part of that episode. Without him, it would have been totally irredeemable.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #1224
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Steven Ogg was by far the best part of that episode. Without him, it would have been totally irredeemable.
I would love a Simon episode.

That character/actor is far and away the best thing currently on TWD.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #1225
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I liked the episode and thought there was a lot to it.
- Has Eugene switched sides completely, or does he have some much longer game that he is playing?
- First chance Darryl and Maggie had to talk about Glenn's death.
- As mentioned, great Simon stuff in there.
- Trying to find a working car, while dealing with walkers. Makes sense that cars in a fenced in lot might still be operational, whereas ones out in the open are not.
- Gregory tipping his hand that Maggie might be taking over the Hilltop. Could be interesting when/if that happens- does Simon recall that tip and take some revenge on Gregory? Does Gregory go to the Saviors and tell them what is being planned?

Getting back to the cars. Setting aside the fact that after 2+ years all car batteries would be dead, and the gas would be stale- why are they even trying to hotwire cars that are found with the doors open? Or not even checking to see if the lights work forst.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #1226
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eugene is a coward, and is just covering his ass. He isn't aware of all the planning going on outside, and knows if he leaves, he will be hunted and killed.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #1227
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
- Trying to find a working car, while dealing with walkers. Makes sense that cars in a fenced in lot might still be operational, whereas ones out in the open are not.
What bothered me even more is the burning of the car. We know that this lot is in the Saviors AO, so why burn the vehicle. Shirley the smoke might be seen. We know the saviors have outposts, it is reasonable to think they have patrols. Furthermore, why not just "call" the walkers to the fence and poke them in the eye.

If it was me, I wouldn't want a big plume of black smoke to be seen. I wouldn't want to do anything that might make the Saviors think it wasn't business as usual in their world.

Quote:
Old 03-20-2017, 10:57 AM   #1228
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

You are right about all of that. I suppose somebody might say that if they absolutely needed a car, that it was too far to walk. I think it's more in line with the Zombieland "Kill of the week" ®
They need some new way to kill the walkers that hasn't been done before. We've already said that the walkers are more of a nuisance than anything else- this keeps it a little fresh.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:50 PM   #1229
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I would love a Simon episode.

That character/actor is far and away the best thing currently on TWD.

Seriously though, his reaction shot to the question of "why do you need 2 doctors?" was so amazing. I was howling with laughter. I need a gif of that moment so bad, but nobody has posted it yet and I'm not tech savvy enough to do so.

Last edited by Cali Panthers Fan; 03-20-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:28 PM   #1230
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Also really liked this latest episode. My only complaint is that the Sasha/Rosita story line seems a bit pointless. I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt though, as it may eventually play a major role in the larger anti-Negan storyline.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #1231
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I liked the episode, too. I think some of you are spoiled by all the slayings and need high levels of violence in order to be satisfied. It's like a drug; you're in withdrawal and you need new doses to satisfy the addiction.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #1232
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post

Seriously though, his reaction shot to the question of "why do you need 2 doctors?" was so amazing. I was howling with laughter.
Me too. That was easily my favorite scene last night.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #1233
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I liked the episode, too. I think some of you are spoiled by all the slayings and need high levels of violence in order to be satisfied. It's like a drug; you're in withdrawal and you need new doses to satisfy the addiction.
At it's core, this show is still a horror series. I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect a little action and gore mixed in with the dialogue. Last night's episode had a couple of good moments, but overall I didn't think it went anywhere noteworthy. All it really did was emphasize things we already know from past episodes, like: Gregory is a d-bag, Eugene is a coward, Simon is hilariously awesome, and Sasha and Rosita are dumb, selfish characters who could potentially f--- up Rick's overall plan. Personally I was hoping to see Rick recruiting Oceanside last night, or something else that would actually push the story forward. But I guess they're saving that for next week.

I did really like the scene with Maggie and Daryl though. That was good stuff, and very emotional.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #1234
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It always annoys me when they show people 'hotwiring' a car. That is not how you start a car without the key.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puffnstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 02:35 PM   #1235
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think I would ever have classified TWD as a horror
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:50 PM   #1236
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
I don't think I would ever have classified TWD as a horror
It's a show about a zombie apocalypse that features some pretty disgusting levels of gore and violence. That clearly places it within the horror genre, even though it mixes in many other elements along with the walkers. If you wanna get really specific, I'd call it a horror/drama/action mash-up with a sprinkling of humor thrown in. Sure, the main story is humanity trying to learn how to survive in that kind of world, but it's roots are firmly planted in horror.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #1237
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
It's a show about a zombie apocalypse that features some pretty disgusting levels of gore and violence. That clearly places it within the horror genre, even though it mixes in many other elements along with the walkers. If you wanna get really specific, I'd call it a horror/drama/action mash-up with a sprinkling of humor thrown in. Sure, the main story is humanity trying to learn how to survive in that kind of world, but it's roots are firmly planted in horror.
I think MoneyGuy had it bang on in that the audience has become very complacent about what level of violence and gore we are seeing. The show itself pokes fun at that. That scene where Sasha and Rosita are having a conversation and then just casually pull out knives and put them in two walkers head and then continue their conversation. We also had zombies being melted to fences with molten metal. After the Lucille scene, this all seems a little ordinary though.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:24 PM   #1238
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

is Eugene intentionally trying to waste Savior time and resources on the most useless defense perimeter ever? the only thing less dangerous than a slow moving, shambling zombie is an immobile zombie covered in metal that couldn't even turn its head to bite you if it wanted.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #1239
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
is Eugene intentionally trying to waste Savior time and resources on the most useless defense perimeter ever? the only thing less dangerous than a slow moving, shambling zombie is an immobile zombie covered in metal that couldn't even turn its head to bite you if it wanted.
That's Dr Eugene to you.

Quote:
Old 03-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #1240
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think Eugene has completely flipped to the Saviour's side. He's a big deal there. Someone of importance. It's pretty obvious now, he basically brushed Rosita and Sasha off and then ran inside to tattle on them. If he survives the battle he'll flip back though.