Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #101
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

As much as anybody from season 1-2 is Rick's "family"; there's a difference between killing somebody from that group and killing Carl; his own flesh and blood. If Negan is really trying to bring everybody into his group, eventually one could understand the need to teach a lesson by killing somebody. But to kill his own son, Rick would never buy into it.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #102
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Not a chance -- mostly because Rick isn't going to just sit there and watch someone beat his son to death. He'd go ballistic/crazy and get himself killed as well. Then... show over, pretty much.
Yeah if Negan picked Carl, you bet Rick will get himself and majority of his group probably killed.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:23 PM   #103
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
hahahahahahhaa! The Flyers twitter account trolls Steven Yuen after he cheers on the Red Wings:
Philadelphia Flyers Verified account 
‏@NHLFlyers
@steveyeun Let’s go Lucille
Love it. Some of these NHL twitters are on point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
As much as anybody from season 1-2 is Rick's "family"; there's a difference between killing somebody from that group and killing Carl; his own flesh and blood. If Negan is really trying to bring everybody into his group, eventually one could understand the need to teach a lesson by killing somebody. But to kill his own son, Rick would never buy into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Yeah if Negan picked Carl, you bet Rick will get himself and majority of his group probably killed.
Both excellent points with one caveat: Judith.

It would not remove everything from Rick, he still has to think about Judith so there is the chance that he'd have to keep his poop in a group with that consideration in mind.

Its conceivable.

Look at it from Negan's perspective: how many Saviours has Rick killed? That calls for some pretty hefty payback.

And it isnt just Rick and his group that Negan has to consider, hes got to take some blood in retribution for the men he's lost to presumably keep his other men in line as well.

Something that stuck out to me as well was 'taking it like a Champ!' Thats something that you might say to a kid.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2016, 02:24 PM   #104
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Michonne would probably get killed too. That's her little buddy.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #105
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still don't buy it. If Carl was picked Negan wouldn't have said "If anyone moves cut the kids other eye out and feed it to his father." because it makes no sense. His motive is punishment for killing people so he is going to kill one of theirs, if anyone interferes with that he is going to make Carl a second victim as punishment for interfering.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2016, 02:35 PM   #106
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I still don't buy it. If Carl was picked Negan wouldn't have said "If anyone moves cut the kids other eye out and feed it to his father." because it makes no sense. His motive is punishment for killing people so he is going to kill one of theirs, if anyone interferes with that he is going to make Carl a second victim as punishment for interfering.
Now thats a good point and it makes more sense, but he also made the threat of 'shutting that crap down immediately' after the 'first one is free' making the threat of a second victim already implied.

You can cut the eye out of a dead guy and feed it to Rick too as a message to everyone else.

I just feel that I initially dismissed Carl out of hand and then upon further viewings I'm beginning to wonder if I was being deliberately misled into doing so.

As I said a little while ago Glenn makes so much more sense, but I keep coming around to the thought that that is just too obvious. He makes 'too much' sense.

But the more and more I think about it the more I feel I'm putting too much value into some things that could just as easily be trivial.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-06-2016, 02:36 PM   #107
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

It would not remove everything from Rick, he still has to think about Judith so there is the chance that he'd have to keep his poop in a group with that consideration in mind.

Its conceivable.

Look at it from Negan's perspective: how many Saviours has Rick killed? That calls for some pretty hefty payback.

And it isnt just Rick and his group that Negan has to consider, hes got to take some blood in retribution for the men he's lost to presumably keep his other men in line as well.

Something that stuck out to me as well was 'taking it like a Champ!' Thats something that you might say to a kid.
Ah good points,

I applaud the Walking dead crew, everyone is going apepoop over the cliffhanger but the discussions stemming from it is something you can't beat. Being able to dissect each character and seeing what would have the most impact is fun, I'm enjoying it.

I'd be interested to see a re-poll of who's going to be Lucilled in a couple weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2016, 02:55 PM   #108
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Ah good points,

I applaud the Walking dead crew, everyone is going apepoop over the cliffhanger but the discussions stemming from it is something you can't beat. Being able to dissect each character and seeing what would have the most impact is fun, I'm enjoying it.

I'd be interested to see a re-poll of who's going to be Lucilled in a couple weeks.
Totally agree. And I find it even better because I honestly believe that no one knows.

Oh, you've read the comics? Doesnt matter.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2016, 03:16 PM   #109
LanceUppercut
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think I'm going to change my vote. My new vote is that they have not decided who it is going to be yet. They will gauge reactions and decide when it comes time to write episode 1 of season 7.
LanceUppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LanceUppercut For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2016, 03:16 PM   #110
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else read the article guessing who gets killed it was talking about all the first person views from who they guess gets killed seemed pretty interesting that they think all the viewpoints were michonne that would be crazy... Again all this is just internet "detective work". Although the producer did say there were clues throughout the episode.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #111
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceUppercut View Post
I think I'm going to change my vote. My new vote is that they have not decided who it is going to be yet. They will gauge reactions and decide when it comes time to write episode 1 of season 7.
I've heard filming starts in a couple weeks. So they maybe using the next few weeks to put feelers out in terms of polls and internet reaction?
Old 04-06-2016, 03:24 PM   #112
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

Its conceivable.

I dunno. TWD is dark, but beating a baby to death with a bat is a bit much, even for cable TV.

I'm assuming your post is a joke, but this is also why I think it's more likely to be a male character. The brutality of the death would really cause an uproar if directed at a child or woman.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:26 PM   #113
lifetime_flamesfan
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Anyone else read the article guessing who gets killed it was talking about all the first person views from who they guess gets killed seemed pretty interesting that they think all the viewpoints were michonne that would be crazy... Again all this is just internet "detective work". Although the producer did say there were clues throughout the episode.
If this is the case, then I feel like it'll be either Abe or Eugene. Those two are the only ones that I got the vibe they could die during that episode.

I was thinking that a bullet was going to take out Abe when he was talking with Sasha about having kids and I initially thought that Eugene was serving himself up to the Saviors when he volunteered to drive the RV.

All that said, I still think it will be Glenn. Its the biggest impact on the group in my opinion.

Last edited by lifetime_flamesfan; 04-06-2016 at 03:30 PM.
lifetime_flamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lifetime_flamesfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2016, 03:28 PM   #114
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I dunno. TWD is dark, but beating a baby to death with a bat is a bit much, even for cable TV.
I think he meant that Rick needs to keep his cool because he has Judith at Alexandria to think about. Not that Negan is beating up on Judith.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #115
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post

I'm assuming your post is a joke, but this is also why I think it's more likely to be a male character. The brutality of the death would really cause an uproar if directed at a child or woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I think he meant that Rick needs to keep his cool because he has Judith at Alexandria to think about. Not that Negan is beating up on Judith.
Whoa, yeah. Negan isnt beating Judith to death, just that Rick's over-the-top reaction if it were Carl getting killed would be mitigated by remembering that he has to take care of Judith still.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #116
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

haha only Game of Thrones would dare murder babies on TV and even then it wouldn't be with a barbed, blunt weapon. there's only so far you can go when you're the biggest show out there.

I want to know how Negan managed to collect such a huge group of smack talking sadists. it's only been a couple years since the fall of civilization and yet he's somehow assembled a large, complex, loyal hierarchy that rivals Immortan Joe and his warboys. even Rick has a lot of trouble just keeping his own small group in line because they're all so different on the humanity scale.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #117
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'd be interested in that as well, Kirkman should write a book about the rise of Negan, like he did for the Governor.

That was actually a decent story.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:29 PM   #118
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

This thread would be a little more fun if everyone just admitted they knew who gets it in the comics and whether or not they will follow that line and why or why not. lol

I know it's off limits and I can honour that, but is there really anyone who doesn't know?
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:45 PM   #119
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
This thread would be a little more fun if everyone just admitted they knew who gets it in the comics and whether or not they will follow that line and why or why not. lol

I know it's off limits and I can honour that, but is there really anyone who doesn't know?
Yes, so please shut up.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2016, 09:59 PM   #120
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post

Holy crap, it's not rocket science. This thread is for the TV show only, NO COMIC BOOK talk.

There's a whole other frickin' thread for those who read the comics.