Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #81
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

2-1 yawner for the Flames.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #82
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames will win tonight. .500 hockey is what they are all about. Praying Cervenka draws in though. Cervenka Hudler and Sven line could be awesome.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #83
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Comeau in instead of Cervenka? sounds about right.
I think Comeau has actually played better than Cervenka lately.

He generates a hell of a lot more chances than Cervenka, it's just that he has no finish.

I honestly have not seen much from Cervenka to get me excited, if he wasn't the new shiny toy, fans would be all over him. He's slow and weak and looks nothing like the Cervenka we saw in highlights.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #84
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll be PVRing this one in order to watch Sven, Brodie and Aliu.

Hopefully the rest of the team surprises me and ends up being worth watching as well.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #85
bluloc
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post

He generates a hell of a lot more chances than Cervenka, it's just that he has no finish.

I honestly have not seen much from Cervenka to get me excited, if he wasn't the new shiny toy, fans would be all over him. He's slow and weak and looks nothing like the Cervenka we saw in highlights.
This is true, take off the homer glasses and this guy isnt very good. He shows flashes sometimes but he's a liability when hes on the ice.
bluloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #86
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluloc View Post
This is true, take off the homer glasses and this guy isnt very good. He shows flashes sometimes but he's a liability when hes on the ice.
People seem to forget the blood clot issue he had in December. I'm not doctor, but it could very well of affected his endurance levels. Not to mention the transition to NHL sized ice is difficult as well. The whole team has been mainly garbage, but he at least gets some slack from me.

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #87
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluloc View Post
More goals than Iggy, less games played, less ice time, getting used to NA game, major illness a few months ago....cut the guy some slack. At least he's fun to watch unlike a lot of the dumpster fire that is the 2013 Flames...
Zulu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zulu29 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #88
Sakari
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well, considering we play again tomorrow night, we have to win tonight.
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #89
Meers
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Minnesota
Dallas
Detroit
Los Angeles
Colorado
Edmonton

If any one of the above teams outplays or plays even with the Flames from here on out, the season is done.

Tonight is a four point game against the Wild. Sad to say it this early in the shortened season, but it's basically a must win.
Meers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #90
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu29 View Post
More goals than Iggy, less games played, less ice time, getting used to NA game, major illness a few months ago....cut the guy some slack. At least he's fun to watch unlike a lot of the dumpster fire that is the 2013 Flames...
His problem right now is he looks really slow. He sure is a wizard with the puck though.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #91
1stLand
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

He reminds me of former Calgary Hitmen Pavel Brendl
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=40740
1stLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #92
Saqe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
His problem right now is he looks really slow. He sure is a wizard with the puck though.

Yeah until someone breathes next to him and he loses it. Skilled but soft, like so many Europeans who are big in Europe but mediocre here.

Only reason I think he has even put up points is because of Hudler, who has given him room to make plays.
Saqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #93
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post

I think the term "chances" is being misused here. Yes he can skate over the blueline behind the net. That's it, that's his game. It's not that other players can't do it, it's that its an incredibly low percentage play which nets almost zero chance of a goal. Might as well dump and chase.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #94
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'd still like to see what Cervenka can do at centre. On wednesday's broadcast Ferraro mentioned that Roman prefers to play wing, which seems strange as he has played centre in Europe. I thought it was the coaching staff that were slotting him in as a winger.
Zarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #95
Sakari
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Cervenka scratched tonight.

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg On Sportsnet.ca: The #Flames Gameday Report vs. Minny with Baertshi in, Cervenka out, lines and more. http://bit.ly/Ytf04S

Proj. Lines:

Alex Tanguay-Matt Stajan-Jarome Iginla
Curtis Glencross-Mike Cammalleri-Lee Stempniak
Jiri Hudler-Blake Comeau-Sven Baertschi
Akim Aliu-Steve Begin-Tim Jackman
Mark Giordano-Jay Bouwmeester
Dennis Wideman-T.J. Brodie
Chris Butler-Derek Smith

Quote:
Roman Cervenka looks to sit out against the Wild, but not so much because of performance reasons. The team has been carefully monitoring his conditioning throughout his first NHL season, and this speaks more to management and maintenance than anything else. Cervenka's conditioning wasn't NHL level to begin with, and then a serious blood clot issue compounded things when he couldn't train at an NHL level for a good chunk of time. If Cervenka sits tonight, it speaks more to giving him a rest with back-to-back games upcoming.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/...meday_preview/

Last edited by Sakari; 02-23-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sakari For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #96
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

It makes sense during back-to-back games to let Cervenka sit for one if there are still conditioning concerns.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #97
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

At least Cervenka's issue is something he can fix and not his hands or his brain. If he signs here longer term (I hope he does) he can train with Hudler or can at least know what's expected, this is all new to him.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #98
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cervenka will be fine as a winger. He needs to get in better shape. He has skill. I don't see him ever being a center in the NHL.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kyuss275 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #99
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Aliu will be flying out there throwing the body and it will be contagious for his line. I think Sven will also be flying out there and it will be infectious for the team. Iggy break out of his scoring slump and those at the dome are going to have a hell of a Saturday night game
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #100
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyBeers View Post
The next four games are the games can and should win. The schedule gets tougher at that. That being said I predict a 4-2 Flames win tonight and pandemonium on this board as the negative nellies are called out for not being true fans. The Flames might even get to .500 by the 20th game, but by game 24 they will be 3 games under again.
I hate you so much.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:

Tags
gottastratwinning , gtd , timeiswasting , winwinwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin