Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default Dear Santa;

Dear Santa;

It's me CaptainCrunch. I know I haven't written you in about 36 years. I guess I stopped believing in you when my Oldest Sister crushed an 8 year old me by telling me that no CaptainCrunch there is no Santa Claus in retaliation for me shooting her favorite Barbie Doll with a pellet gun (Hey boys will be boys). since that day that an 8 year old kid was forced to say good bye to one of the great beliefs and the world has seen a little less colorful and a lot more dark.

I thought I would write you this message because I believe that your sled is outfitted with all of the latest technology and you're receiving emails and messages as you streak around the world delivering presents over the next few hours.

I want to ask you for some things for some people

For my two young nephews, I want you to grant them a thirst for knowledge and history and the ability to rise above the OMG LOL IDK method of communication, I want to feel comfortable that my nephews and the other children of the next generation will do a better job of running this planet then the last couple of generations have.

for my oldest sister, I wish you would give her the gift of adventure, you see she's worked at the same job for 30 years, she's never traveled, she just doesn't take risks Santa, and I think that's a shame, I figure since we're only on this earth for a short period of time we should find a way to create our own adventures.

For the middle sister, please give her a sense of compassion and trust and patience, you see Santa, she's brilliant and she does amazing work in medical research and she brings hope to people everywhere who are suffering from serious diseases, but she's surly and unapproachable and she's alone. Please give her the ability to reach out and make connections so she can look back on her life with fondness and not bitterness.

For the youngest sister, give her happiness and health for her and her husband and her wonderful kids, let her grown old and see her kids achieve and graduate and be happy.

For my mother, a turn of the calender would be good, she's had a tough year seeing two of her younger sisters die of cancer, she needs something that will make her laugh and move on, maybe give her an Iphone with Angry Birds on it, you're the creative guy here.

For my dad, give him forgiveness, he knows that he's done some things that he even knows were wrong, and while people around him see him as funny and humorous and a man that tries to do the right thing, please teach him how to forgive himself.

For me, I don't need much Santa, you know what I've done and what I've seen. I saw the worst examples of humanity in a far away place that still keeps me up at night 25 years later. I saw that homeless man die in Downtown Dallas while pedestrians ignored him. I've seen things that to this day have made the world around me grey and colorless. So my gift request is simple. when your flying over Greece if you can find that cave (you know the one that I'm talking about) I'm sure that dust covered box is still there, the box that the foolish girl opened all those years ago and released war and pain and sickness and greed in the world. If you can just pop that box open and make sure that hope got out, its all the good Captain can ask for.

Santa, I want you to treat the members of the Calgarypuck community well this year. Behind their nicknames and avatars these are real people with real families and loved ones, if you can bring them an amazing and prosperous 2012 with health and happiness for all, I would be grateful . . . . oh and a Stanley Cup would be nice Santa.

Sincerely

CaptainCrunch

P.S. sorry Santa I couldn't stop by the store today to get the usual milk and cookies, I've laid out a bottle of the good stuff and some fine Cuban cigars . . . enjoy.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Damn onions....
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:
Thumbs up

A side of the Captain we don't often see around here. Well done, sir.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
Trojan97
First Line Centre

Exp:

One of the great posters in CP/GSG history!!
Trojan97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
BEANZ
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Thank you Captain!
BEANZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wonderful message Captain. Thank you.
Julio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #7
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

CP's proverbial Godfather.

That was a really really sincere post there, Captain. Well said, and well done.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Thank you Captain. This brings out he right thoughts at Christmas time. All the best to you and your family this year and always.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
puckluck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Wow, unbelievable post Captain. Damn onions.
puckluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #10
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Wow, not what I expected to read when I opened up CP. Great post, best to you and yours, and to all of CP.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #11
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Have a Merry Xmas CC. You are a good man, sometimes.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #12
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks CC

Your posts are one of the reasons I still care about calgarypuck
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #13
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

By "good stuff" do you mean coke?
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #14
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Well done CC!

All the best tp and your family.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #15
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Great post Captain, but one of the mods should hide this thread from saskflames96
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #16
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I need nothing Santa. I have a new wife, a baby on the way, and a son that would make anyone proud.

As I sit here at work, I ask for a better year for the patient whose prescription I just paid for. She has had a tough year with illness, and is struggling to find hope with her and her husband having lost the business they ran for 11 years.

Please bring courage to a dear employee who knows what she must do but cannot find the will. She is caring and loyal, and for that I will help her any way I can.

P.S Thank you for the gift of my staff. The card they gave me had so many wonderful messages. They may have put onion juice inside though. Oh ya, they gave me a sweet gift too!

Last edited by Street Pharmacist; 12-24-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #17
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

As per tradition I watched bad Santa and Trailer Park Boys Xmas!
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #18
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

wow, 3 sisters huh?
growing up must be fun
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #19
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Dear Santa:

I have an elderly neighbour 2 doors away who was diagnosed with COPD. He can no longer drive and has to rely on me and his family to get to and from his medical appointments and other needs that arise. He and his wife are very proud and would sometimes rather use a taxi to get around this town. Give him the gift of humbleness to realise that myself and others offer our help because we truely care.

There is the lady that lives to the left of me. She has spent the last month in the hospital dealing with a lung infection. The family is struggling with this and needs the gift of hope from you. It's hard dealing with something you have no control over and that can sap the spirits of a family.

Helping out with these 2 issues would be the best present you could ever give me.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:48 AM   #20
Bane
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

The only way that first post could be better is if Crunch and Wannamaker hooked up and lived happily ever after.

Dear Santa,

I have a good friend that is struggling with multiple serious health issues. I would gladly trade my good health to her in exchange for her bad, so that she could see her two beautiful children grow old and have families of their own.

Baring that, all I ask for myself is that you give me the strength, wisdom, and ammo necessary to keep my new niece safe from the evils of this world.

Bane
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote