Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-27-2017, 07:29 PM   #541
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Yeah, hope that isn't a problem for you?

It's petty and unbecoming of an officer. The 2nd officer dealt with it 100% better. Like jayswin said they probably bought thought the same about the camera operator but one went about it as an adult while one acted like a tired hungry baby.
I thought it was funny actually.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:34 PM   #542
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

seems like a petty thing to cry about
Old 02-27-2017, 08:52 PM   #543
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
seems like a petty thing to cry about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBates View Post
And speaking of evidence, this officer was very deliberately preventing a witness from seeing what was happening and from having an objective record of a police use of force incident. That is not an assault as was asked in a previous post, but far worse in my view it could amount to obstruction of justice:
Sure bud.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:58 PM   #544
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Interesting story developing through social media right now.

The story told by the citizen:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ3B8aAAxMV/

And the rebuttal by the Chief of Police:
https://twitter.com/CalgaryPolice/st...99302755979264
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #545
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

From knowing black people in Calgary's southeast, that story unfortunately doesn't surprise me in the least. They profile black people like a mother****er in that area.

What area did this happen?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:07 PM   #546
jayswin

Exp:

Lots of white people in response to the police response on twitter calling black people whiners and claiming the idea that racial profiling is a thing in Calgary is ridiculous. Ugly stuff on there.

Of course it's ridiculous if you're white and don't know any low income minorities.

Last edited by jayswin; 03-03-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #547
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm

Last edited by jar_e; 03-03-2017 at 09:23 PM.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:27 PM   #548
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
From knowing black people in Calgary's southeast, that story unfortunately doesn't surprise me in the least. They profile black people like a mother****er in that area.

What area did this happen?
It kind of blows my mind that this is a thing in Calgary. I grew up here. I know plenty of people from all races and walks of life. It's a fairly white city we've got here, but there are still lots of people of colour. All colours. Black, brown, red, yellow... But mostly white. Vast majority is white. And the funny thing is, most of the criminals I know are white. So what's with these cops racially profiling in fricken Calgary? Are we in Compton? Mexico? On a reserve? In Vietnam? I just don't get how it's reasonable to assume that a non white person in this city is more likely to be a criminal, when it's at least 70% white around here. It really surprises me that I hear stuff like this over and over. Even guys who can't get into a bar because they're brown...errr...because their shoes aren't dressy enough. Damn.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2017, 10:11 PM   #549
jayswin

Exp:

Unfortunately, racism is everywhere. It sucks.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:37 AM   #550
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
It kind of blows my mind that this is a thing in Calgary. I grew up here. I know plenty of people from all races and walks of life. It's a fairly white city we've got here, but there are still lots of people of colour. All colours. Black, brown, red, yellow... But mostly white. Vast majority is white. And the funny thing is, most of the criminals I know are white. So what's with these cops racially profiling in fricken Calgary? Are we in Compton? Mexico? On a reserve? In Vietnam? I just don't get how it's reasonable to assume that a non white person in this city is more likely to be a criminal, when it's at least 70% white around here. It really surprises me that I hear stuff like this over and over. Even guys who can't get into a bar because they're brown...errr...because their shoes aren't dressy enough. Damn.
Thats been my experience too.

Most of the people of colour that I know are immigrants and the vast majority of them just want to steal our jobs work to get ahead.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:44 AM   #551
Enigma
Lifetime Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Unfortunately, racism is everywhere. It sucks.
Man did even read the rebuttal? There's in car video that completely contradicts the claim.

In the future, let's try and represent both sides when you reply to a post.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #552
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
I grew up here too, and I used to know a Chinese guy, and he was a marihuana smoker and he drove a really nice car. Now that doesn't mean I think every Oriental is a drug addict or drug pusher, but you can't blame me for being suspicious. I think the cops do (and should) work the same way.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:12 AM   #553
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Man did even read the rebuttal? There's in car video that completely contradicts the claim.

That doesn't fit the narrative, why read both sides. Allegations are always true, who cares about both sides, the truth might come out that way!

Last edited by underGRADFlame; 03-04-2017 at 11:14 AM.
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #554
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post

I hate to be 'that guy' but there is 'In Car Video' that only they have seen and refuse to share.

In cases like these the truth almost always is somewhere in the middle, neither party is likely as squeaky clean as they like to portray.

Hell, if she actually drove, what was it? 20 blocks? With a squad car with its lights on behind her? Then yeah, it should be expected that the Officer is going to be more than a little annoyed and perhaps even rude and I wouldnt blame him, granted I find it hard to believe anyone would just drive 20 blocks with a Police car going insane behind them.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:48 AM   #555
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I hate to be 'that guy' but there is 'In Car Video' that only they have seen and refuse to share.
Based on what I've seen - the CPS are willing to release the video but because the citizen has deleted most of her posts and refuses to contact CPS they are waiting until they've made contact with the individual.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:56 AM   #556
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Never be shocked about people misrepresenting encounters.

Unfortunately it undermines the people that have truly poor police interactions.

Now that we live in the instasnapbook world of social media the attention seeking types will do and say anything for some "likes".
RinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:45 PM   #557
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't buy her story, especially that CPS reached out to her with no response.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:58 PM   #558
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

This police chief seems to be far more proactive compared to the prior chief in terms of cleaning up the culture.

This lady alleged an incident, and the Chief has said, the video tells the story. I tend to believe him but, I'm looking forward the video becoming released.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:17 PM   #559
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
Based on what I've seen - the CPS are willing to release the video but because the citizen has deleted most of her posts and refuses to contact CPS they are waiting until they've made contact with the individual.
Where has she deleted it? I can still read it and she even came back with a response to the police stating nobody has tried contacting her.

If the police don't have anything to hide, they'll release the video.

I guarantee you they won't.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:28 PM   #560
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Where has she deleted it? I can still read it and she even came back with a response to the police stating nobody has tried contacting her.

If the police don't have anything to hide, they'll release the video.

I guarantee you they won't.
That's a bold guarantee. I suppose we'll see.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote