Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Dale Lupul Released From Professional Try-out Contract

DALE LUPUL RELEASED FROM PROFESSIONAL TRY-OUT CONTRACT
Team Plays Three Games This Week

For Immediate Release
Monday, February 11, 2008

Moline, IL – The Quad City Flames announced today that defenseman Dale Lupul has been released from his professional try out contract. The native of Port Coquitlam, British Columbia did not appear in a game during his stint with the team.

The team is back on the ice on Friday night in Rockford. Game time is 7:30 p.m. The contest can be heard beginning with the Hayman’s Ace Hardware Pre-Game Show at 7:05 p.m. on 93.9 FM WYEC. After the game, The Kinetic Fitness Post-Game Show is on the air. Parkside Grill and Lounge in Moline and Bleacher Bums in Davenport will be hosting b2 Viewing Parties for Flames fans in the Quad Cities.

This weekend, the Flames will take part in “Hockey Weekend Across America”, a collaborative effort to promote the sport of hockey in the United States. Saturday night the team will host the San Antonio Rampage at 7:05 p.m. on Bring a Friend to the Rink Night. All fans that purchase a ticket at the i wireless Center will receive one complimentary ticket for each ticket purchased. Saturday is also Teddy Bear Toss Night. Fans are encouraged to bring a stuffed bear to toss onto the ice following the Flames first goal. The bears will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House, Bethany for Children and Families and Family Resources in the Quad Cities. Fans will also receive a foam puck courtesy of the Quad City Times as they exit Friday’s game. On Sunday at 5:05 p.m., the Rampage return to the i wireless Center for Youth Hockey Night. All fans under age 18 will receive complimentary tickets. Individual tickets for this weekend’s games, and all Flames home games, are available now at the i wireless Center Box Office, via phone at (563) 326-1111 or on-line at ticketmaster.com.

-30-
For information contact:
Aaron Roof
Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
Quad City Flames
(309) 277-1343
aroof@qcflames.com

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
Prototype

Exp:

That was fast...
Old 02-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
SarichFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Fail a physical?
SarichFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Probably just not good enough...a pretty big step from the UHL (whatever league he came form) to the AHL.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

...and yet Brett Sutter is still here. :shakeshead:

Minor league attitude, major league pain
Drunk Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #6
Metro Gnome
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Skunk View Post
...and yet Brett Sutter is still here. :shakeshead:
So Sutter is struggling a bit I take it?
Metro Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #7
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess the real question is whether or not Dale could jump ahead of one of the Dmen on the roster. If he couldn't make it then there really is no point at signing him up. Playing defense is a tough enough position to start with, but to be thrown into a situation in a higher league when everyone is firing on all cylinders because its the middle of the season. The odds were really stacked against him going in.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #8
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Gnome View Post
So Sutter is struggling a bit I take it?
In my opinion, Sutter has no place in the AHL at this time. He has had two good games, but other than that has done nothing.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looking at the roster of Dmen the only guy I think he had a chance of beating out was Gerry Burke. To be honest I don't know how he is playing or if he is. From the out side looking in Burke looks like the 7th and Lupul was brought in to see if he could beat him out. That being said Gord Baldwin is also in the system.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #10
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Looking at the roster of Dmen the only guy I think he had a chance of beating out was Gerry Burke. To be honest I don't know how he is playing or if he is. From the out side looking in Burke looks like the 7th and Lupul was brought in to see if he could beat him out. That being said Gord Baldwin is also in the system.

Dont forget Brad Cole.

Tim Taylor wanted to bring him in. The coaches probably didnt want him. and hes probably not good enough. oh well who would of ever thought that one former mallard from last year would have more points than he did in the qc but in the ahl.. Steve Macintyre ( P Bruins)
PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #11
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
Dont forget Brad Cole.

Tim Taylor wanted to bring him in. The coaches probably didnt want him. and hes probably not good enough. oh well who would of ever thought that one former mallard from last year would have more points than he did in the qc but in the ahl.. Steve Macintyre ( P Bruins)
I would be more than a little excited if Diesel ended up here again. The Baby Bruins have him playing up front.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #12
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Skunk View Post
In my opinion, Sutter has no place in the AHL at this time. He has had two good games, but other than that has done nothing.
Amen! Sutter could definitely benefit from time in Vegas. Not that I think it will ever happen.

He's played in 48 games, is a -10 (worst on the team, by the way) and has 36 PIMs....mostly very stupid penalties at inopportune times.
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #13
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyOne View Post
Amen! Sutter could definitely benefit from time in Vegas. Not that I think it will ever happen.

He's played in 48 games, is a -10 (worst on the team, by the way) and has 36 PIMs....mostly very stupid penalties at inopportune times.
That is a little strange considering he didn't actually look that out of place during the pre-season in Calgary.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #14
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

He doesn't really look "out of place"....he just doesn't do much at all when he's on the ice except skate around and look busy!
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote