Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default NEIL BOSSOLA INTRODUCED AS FLAMES C.E.O. (QC pr)

NEIL BOSSOLA INTRODUCED AS FLAMES C.E.O.
Executive Joins Flames from AHL’s Albany River Rats

For Immediate Release
Thursday, February 07, 2008

Moline, IL – The Quad City Flames today introduced Neil Bossola as the team’s new Chief Executive Officer. He will begin his time in the team’s office before March 1. Bossola joins the organization from Capitals District Sports, the owners of the American Hockey League’s Albany River Rats and the Albany Conquest of arenafootball2. He served as Vice President of Sales for the Albany teams since January of 2007.

Bossola will oversee all departments of the Flames’ operation in conjunction with Team President Tim Taylor. Bossola brings over ten years of sales experience in the hockey industry to the Flames Front Office. He has spent time in the AHL with Albany and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Bossla began his career with the NHL’s Pittsburgh Penguins.

In his role with Albany, Bossola oversaw the Ticketing and Corporate Sales Departments. He worked for the Pittsburgh Penguins organization for ten season before joining the Rats. Bossola was the Vice President of Corporate Sales for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins from July of 2004 until his departure for Albany. He spearheaded a department that surpassed $1.5 million in annual corporate sales. He also served as the Director of Ticketing for the AHL’s Penguins for five seasons beginning in 1998. The Pittsburgh native began his career in hockey as a Ticket Representative with the NHL’s Penguins in 1997.

Bossola attended the University of Pittsburgh. He and his wife Rebekah have one son, Nathan, and are expecting another child this summer.

“We are excited to welcome Neil to the Quad Cities,” said QCSV President Dennis Voss. “It is rare to find a candidate with his level of success and front office experience. His resume was very impressive to everyone in our ownership group, and we know that he will be a major asset as our organization continues to promote the sport in the Quad Cities.”

The Flames are back on the ice on Friday night vs. Peoria at the i wireless Center. Face-off is at 7:05 p.m. Triple I Sports Cards is giving away a special “Flames First” trading card set to the first 2,000 fans. This special set features five highlights from the Flames inaugural season. Friday night is also the first opportunity for fans to purchase the 2007-08 Flames Inaugural Season Trading Card Set. The sets will be available on the concourse throughout the game. It’s also Scout Night as Boy and Girl Scout Troops are invited to the arena at a special group rate. Call (309) 764-7825 to get your Scout Group involved in the festivities.

On Sunday afternoon, the San Francisco 49ers Gold Rush Cheerleaders will be performing as part of the Flames 5:05 p.m. game vs. Rockford. Their visit is presented by Diamonds on the Avenue. The cheerleaders will perform prior to face-off beginning at 4:45 p.m. and during the first intermission. The Gold Rush team will also be signing autographs and greeting fans.

Tickets for all of this week’s games are available now at the i wireless Center Box Office, via phone at (563) 326-1111 or on-line at ticketmaster.com.

-30-
For information contact:
Aaron Roof
Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
Quad City Flames
(309) 277-1343
aroof@qcflames.com

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Is he replacing someone or just being added? Did he take over the role from Taylor?
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

Timmy Taylor is the president, not the CEO. Bossola looks like he was just added to the staff.

Minor league attitude, major league pain
Drunk Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

So... I'm now a bit confused as to how they were operating without a CEO, or at least without an interim CEO.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

There was only five or six people in the office, actually. Everyone shared the duties.

Minor league attitude, major league pain
Drunk Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
pioneer98
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I think they were pretty understaffed, especially in the offseason when they had to do so much in such a short time.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

What was Melissa? A VP? She's one who was let go since the start of the season. She had UHL experience but I think was, literally, out of her league in the AHL.

I like her a lot, but she ticked me off a couple times with some bonehead unprofessional decisions with community organizations that I knew of. It will be good to have some true AHL experience on the staff. Timmy's being run ragged!!
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #8
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Since Hoody hasn't posted it yet....

...great article on Bossola and his background.

He should be an outstanding addition to the organization!!
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #9
chris lindberg
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, coming from a good organization as well.
chris lindberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #10
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyOne View Post
Since Hoody hasn't posted it yet....

...great article on Bossola and his background.

He should be an outstanding addition to the organization!!
Thanks for keeping things up to date. I've been out of town since Friday morning.

Hoody

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote