Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #101
HELPNEEDED
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
I said zero hair in my food is acceptable. All I said was that I would be nieve to think that my food at all times is free of comaminents. I'm sure 99% of the time it is. But the 1% of the time - the risk that there might be a hair in my food isn't going to stop me from going out and enjoying a meal. If I find hair in my food I would send it back and probably not visit that establishment again. However, it's not going to scare me away from eating out. I'm not certain how that makes me a person who loves living in filth, or a person who enjoys eating food with pubic hair in it, but I suppose everyone has their own method of debate.

Anyways - there is an easy way for you to avoid getting a dog hair in your food. Don't go to Ranchmans
Err, my rights as a human allow me to go there and raise a dispute with AHS; not that I will be doing that.
HELPNEEDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #102
flamesfever
First Line Centre

Exp:

What about pee? If my unneutered male smells pee, he has to cover it up with some of his. I'd probably have to tie his hind legs together, and put a bag on his member if he and I went in there with all those other dogs.
flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #103
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPNEEDED View Post
Its the act of believing an animal can visit a "fit for human consumption facility" that derives human attributes.
Well if thats your example, its not me thats enabling them with human attributes. Its the Province of Alberta which has now deemed it acceptable in this establishment.

Or maybe they have just deemed Ranchmans to be a "Not fit for human consumption facility".

Either way, I'm happy.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #104
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kswiss View Post
Lol....no but never plan to...
Then why do you care?
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #105
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCboicgy View Post
I loved going to places in Portland, Ore where dogs were at the patio. Nice to have a drink and to give a few pets to a cute pup.
I bet...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #106
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfever View Post
What about pee? If my unneutered male smells pee, he has to cover it up with some of his. I'd probably have to tie his hind legs together, and put a bag on his member if he and I went in there with all those other dogs.
The solution then is obviously to get the Ranchman patrons to stop peeing on the patio.... although knowing Ranchmans, especially during stamped week, that could be a hard fought battle.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #107
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfever View Post
My dog does this too. Another thing I'd be concerned about is that some dogs get really agressive towards other dogs if there's food around. My dog is one of them - that's why I'd never bring him there. Other owners might not think of that.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #108
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
My dog does this too. Another thing I'd be concerned about is that some dogs get really agressive towards other dogs if there's food around. My dog is one of them - that's why I'd never bring him there. Other owners might not think of that.
Your dog does that even if he's not eating and there is no other dog food around, just human food on the table?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #109
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kswiss View Post
Ok...so it is a "designated" area...the dogs would still be around the general premisis where there is food around...that I DO NOT agree with...For sure I wont be going to Ranchmans to eat...but I am with someone else on this thread....I dont want to start seeing dogs in grocery stores...etc....I understand that dogs are a mans best friend...but its an easy equation.....dogs are not humans....no matter how someone tries to swing it...
Yes, because allowing dogs on patios obviously means that next week they'll be slicing meat behind the deli counter at Sobey's
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #110
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
Yes, because allowing dogs on patios obviously means that next week they'll be slicing meat behind the deli counter at Sobey's
They cant do that, can they?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #111
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thats a pretty impressive list of regulations etc., however, dog hair is much worse then most other "contaminats" that can make it to my food.

previous to this change in regulation for ranchmans, dogs were not allowed in places that sold food.

Besides your use of the word enterprise, you show that you do not understand the scope of business and health regulations. Again, the city farewell knows that if it gets enough complaints of your dogs fur in other patrons food they will shutdown ranchman's license to allow dogs, its really that simple. This is a pilot project with the intent of showing that this will not work.

Not sure if serious, I have a dog, cleaned twice a week, she in all hell knows she is not allowed in the kitche/dining area, that is absolutley off limits. Dogs are inherently dirty animals, they lick their own asses. It is a health risk as defined by health Canada.

Federal laws and regulations override all provincial legislature, so if health Canada heard complaints about Ranchman's I'll bet anything that this pilot program will be shutdown.

I cannot fathom what filth you live in, when in your world dogs fur is ok in food. You must love pubes in food.

Its not an acceptable risk for me, and I could like ranchman's. I do not want your belief in your right to bring your dog there to infringe on my right to enjoy a meal on that patio at ranchmans.

*I have not been to ranchman's since i was 18, that was 10 years ago.
This post is full of all sorts of idiocy, but I really want to pinpoint this bit. Use of the word enterprise? Really?

Btw, you have absolutely no right to enjoy a meal on a patio at Ranchman's. None.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to valo403 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #112
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
Your dog does that even if he's not eating and there is no other dog food around, just human food on the table?
Sometimes. He gets really edgy around other dogs in general, but especially when there's food around - his or not. Mostly he just growls, and although I don't think he'd ever bite, I wouldn't want to chance it. And he's VERY protective of his water dish. He loves cats though. Weirdo.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #113
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Exactly, I have no issue with dogs, other than picking up hot steaming poo.

What get's me is people is people saying dogs are their best friends and giving them human attributes.
Why do you give a damn who someone decides is their best friend? And more importantly, why do you feel the need to be such a d-bag about it?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to valo403 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #114
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Err, my rights as a human allow me to go there and raise a dispute with AHS; not that I will be doing that.
That's great, and if yo have grounds I'm sure your dispute will be heard. Otherwise you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #115
normtwofinger
Self-Retirement

Exp:

undercoverbrother, do own a dog?
normtwofinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #116
normtwofinger
Self-Retirement

Exp:

http://www.livescience.com/5613-dogs...year-kids.html
normtwofinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #117
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Who cares if dogs are allowed on the patio? I'm sure they're not hiding it from their customers and they can decide if they'd still like to eat on the patio or not.

I would never eat in the same vicinity as a dog and that's my right and choice. I have no problem with allowing people who want to eat with a dog in a public restaurant having that choice.

It's not like you'll be missing out on anything special not eating at ranchmans.
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to puckluck2 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #118
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

If my local pub decided to keep dogs around to carry drunk patrons home after last call I'd go there more often.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #119
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtwofinger View Post
Very interesting read. Thanks.

Quote:
The canine IQ test results are in: Even the average dog has the mental abilities of a 2-year-old child.

The finding is based on a language development test, revealing average dogs can learn 165 words (similar to a 2-year-old child), including signals and gestures, and dogs in the top 20 percent in intelligence can learn 250 words.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #120
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've taken dumps that have the mental abilities of a 2 year old.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:

Tags
beer , coors , cowboys , cowgirls , dogs=awesome , gone to the dogs