Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #41
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lchoy View Post
Anyone pre-order the Prestige version?
EB not taking preorder, neither is Best Buy or Futureshop
Found it on Amazon, but only ships to the States
For the love of god don't get the Prestige! It isn't worth it and it will drop to $60 within a few months (like the Halo 3 one did). But I am sure they will take pre-orders closer to the November if you do want to buy it.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #42
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The only bonus of Prestige is the night vision goggles right? I'm not sure if it's worth it for that extra bit. But when I did the 3 for 1 at EB games, the guy was telling me when they're sure how many copies they get for Prestige the pre-order will happen so maybe be patient?
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wooohooo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #43
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah, the only reason I'm hoping to pre-order is to get those NVGs
NVGs + Ninja skills

Yeah, I'm sure they'll make more later. In the end, Fallout 3 had there collector's edition sitting around Future shop after a couple of months
Old 08-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #44
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Choy View Post
New trailer. Looks awesome! Also, the ending is funny.

Huh? A Sig 556 using a PMAG? That's a commercially sold civilian legal weapon that is semi-auto only and doesn't belong in military use.

I hate it when games try to get the extra detailed look but the gun models are all wrong. Rainbow Six Vegas/Vegas 2 was especially bad for this. The G36K in that looked like it was made of cardboard. Heck, even back in Counter-Strike, all the gun models were on the wrong side and so the ejecting shells would actually fly into your face.

Still looks like fun though.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 08-04-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #45
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lchoy View Post
Yeah, the only reason I'm hoping to pre-order is to get those NVGs
NVGs + Ninja skills

Yeah, I'm sure they'll make more later. In the end, Fallout 3 had there collector's edition sitting around Future shop after a couple of months
Don't trick yourself into getting the "NVG's", they are nothing more than a toy. Toys R Us sells the exact model, except without the activison branding, for $60. I have seen the link!

For me, I am going Hardened, you get the CoD1 arcade code! So when I feel like playing WW2 I will play CoD1 arcade. Plus you get a steelbook case!
The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Justin 3 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #46
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Oh man it just looks so good. Same release date as my first kid though ... that could prove to be an issue.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #47
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Oh man it just looks so good. Same release date as my first kid though ... that could prove to be an issue.
Yeah, and Left 4 Dead 2 comes out a week later. HA
Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 AM   #48
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

OK, so... On my second go 'round with an Xbox, and I've now bought COD4 for the 3rd time. First was PC, then Xbox, then Xbox again...

I've finally managed to play my way through it. It's always been a kickass game, I'm just not much for shooters usually. Anyway, I'm at (I think) the last bit now. The part where you infiltrate the launch facility with the self destruct codes for the missiles.

All I can say is, holy cow.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:12 AM   #49
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
OK, so... On my second go 'round with an Xbox, and I've now bought COD4 for the 3rd time. First was PC, then Xbox, then Xbox again...

I've finally managed to play my way through it. It's always been a kickass game, I'm just not much for shooters usually. Anyway, I'm at (I think) the last bit now. The part where you infiltrate the launch facility with the self destruct codes for the missiles.

Now play that level on Veteran. Took me only 4 days.

But yeah, I bought World at War because I missed WW2 games, within 2 weeks I was back to Modern Warfare. Such an epic game. Now every time I go back to Call of Duty 4 after not playing it for a few months I re-fall in love with the game.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:25 AM   #50
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Watching the MW2 vids made me get back into CoD4 lol...I've been playing that online a bunch lately.
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #51
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Now play that level on Veteran. Took me only 4 days.
How long did the Ferris wheel take you on Vetran?
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #52
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
How long did the Ferris wheel take you on Vetran?

Close to a hundred tries for me
Old 08-13-2009, 09:47 AM   #53
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I find COD4 pretty fun but not NHL fun. I'm not much for single player so I just play online and the maps get pretty repetitive. Also sucks that I can't choose specific maps and it just joins me to any game available.
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #54
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:

One of my favorite gaming memories of all time was playing through COD2 on my buddies 360 while having custom music playing in the background. For whatever reason firefights with rock music overlayed in the background made every single level so intense.

I've considered buying a 360 just to have that again.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #55
Staypuft
Self Imposed Ban

Exp:

I still play a bunch of COD4 online with friends and my brothers. It's just so much fun. I loved the single-player, but nothing compares to the intensity of being the last guy on your team alive in a Search and Destroy match up against 1 guy on their team.
Suffice to say, I will be taking a few days off around the release of MW2. It's the only game that could thwart my playing of NHL 10 for long stretches.
Staypuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #56
Sly
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yeah I so ****ing psyched for this game. NHL 10 and MW:2 and I'm set for 2010.
Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #57
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
One of my favorite gaming memories of all time was playing through COD2 on my buddies 360 while having custom music playing in the background. For whatever reason firefights with rock music overlayed in the background made every single level so intense.

I've considered buying a 360 just to have that again.
Yeah for sure! I downloaded an app to connect my 360 to my MacBook. It reads all my iTunes playlists, etc. I played most of the game with 7 ACDC albums set to random shuffle as the background music. Makes it so much more fun!

Incidentally, which one had the beach landing at Normandy? Was it Call of Duty or Medal of Honor? I remember playing that one a few years back... man oh man. Coming off those u-boats was insane. That must've been sheer horror for those guys.

Last edited by FanIn80; 08-13-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #58
DrJ
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah for sure! I downloaded an app to connect my 360 to my MacBook. It reads all my iTunes playlists, etc. I played most of the game with 7 ACDC albums set to random shuffle as the background music. Makes it so much more fun!

Incidentally, which one had the beach landing at Normandy? Was it Call of Duty or Medal of Honor? I remember playing that one a few years back... man oh man. Coming off those u-boats was insane. That must've been sheer horror for those guys.
COD 2 IIRC. Actually, I am almost positive. (Do you get a sniper rifle and pick off guys up top?) If so, yes, COD 2.
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #59
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Found it! Ohama Beach in Medal of Honor.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #60
DrJ
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO05TI8jjs8

I was thinking this one

Last edited by DrJ; 08-13-2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Can't get the embedding right...
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DrJ For This Useful Post: