Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2024, 02:02 PM   #821
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Man, we should have beat these muppets. Not liking our season so far.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 02:04 PM   #822
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

It’s been a pretty terrible start to the season. 1 win in 5 games while scoring a total of 6 goals does not make us look like the supposed top team everyone thought we’d be. Tommy has his work cut out.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 02:04 PM   #823
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heavily rotated squad. 2 points dropped. Very disappointing.

shermanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 02:11 PM   #824
soreshins
First Line Centre

Exp:

I’m Scottish and obviously follow their leagues and also go and watch Cavalry. In my opinion, the standard of the CPL is still below the Scottish championship (2nd tier of Scottish football) and miles below the premiership. Scottish football doesn’t get the greatest rep and is dominated by Celtic and Rangers but outside of those two there are some very good teams in the top tier and most of the second tier who would demolish Cavalry. Don’t get me wrong I love going to Cavalry games and there are some good players but it’s definitely still below that level.

The Scottish Championship (2nd tier) is actually a very competitive league and my team just won it to get back into the premiership. It went close to the last day. I’d encourage you all to watch Footy Adventures on YouTube - great football channel which has a lot of Scottish content. Give it and the SPL a try - you might enjoy it.

Edit: watch footy adventures “the worlds loudest trophy day” video for a wee look at my team Dundee United winning the league last week

Last edited by soreshins; 05-11-2024 at 02:22 PM.
soreshins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soreshins For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2024, 06:25 PM   #825
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was thinking of Inverness and not Dundee United when I made the comparison.

Footy Adventures is one of my favourite YouTube channels. Some very interesting videos covering all levels of Scottish football.

Last edited by shermanator; 05-11-2024 at 06:28 PM.
shermanator is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 09:47 AM   #826
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally watched the HFX match and I realize it was a heavily rotated squad but man Tommy sure does hate going for a second goal to kill off matches. Once they got the goal they dropped their press box intensity and positioning and allowed HFX to gain more and more position and that turned into momentum. Bit of a mistake by Kobza not stepping to his man fast enough and it’s a tie game.

Little mistakes are killing this team right now. I guess the good news is those can be hopefully be eliminated but ultimately this team needs to start scoring some goals. They seem allergic to getting the ball into dangerous areas and their set pieces haven’t been picking up the slack like they did last year

Edit: tactically it looks like they consistently pushed Kamden a lot higher against HFX than they had previously this year which allows him to use his pace and create more time and space for the winger on his side.
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 01:27 PM   #827
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Decided to extend the long weekend next week and head out to Van with a buddy to catch the Cavs / Caps game, there's a small supporters section that likely will be there. Looking forward to Leg 2!
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:

Tags
cavalry fc , cpl , ftf , soccer